/fast/ - #170 - "A Kilogram of Water" Edition

working discord (permanent link)
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

Weight loss
Better skin
Autophagy

WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: limmy.jpg (842x474, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vV0zjvz8FhE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2407766
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How does my OMAD look?
The bell pepper is really just macros for an entire salad of just greens.
Ate some potatoes as well and a banana to ward off cravings.

Attached: diet.png (875x755, 42K)

I wouldn't bother with HCLF OMAD. The amount of time it takes for your body to move into ketosis cuts heavily into your fasted time. You're essentially just eating less which is a good thing but it's barely fasting at that point.

themm QUINTS... honestly you should do this plan and then after 2 days see if the scale is dropping or not.

if it's not dropping, fast longer or eat less. preferably, fast longer.

You have a point I guess. I'm worried about loose skin from losing weight too fast though. I'm 199lbs now, down from 260lbs. No loose skin yet. Think I'll be able to lose another 35lbs without getting loose skin?

What's your height? How fast did you put on that weight?

posting here since other thread got deleted
Starting water fast at 154kg tomorrow, got my salts etc. Just wondering if tea is fine during a water fast? Aiming for at least a week

Attached: 1517674870710.png (800x600, 70K)

Green tea is fine as long as it's not sweetened.

I posted in the other thread, started as a fatty though. i lost 30lbs already, been doing salty chicken broth in morning, and one at night. only thing else is coffee. it might not be considered a fast, but for me it is - and i hope to eliminate everything soon.

couldbe mostly lwater though, but i started over 330, now under 290 in only about a month - clothes fit better

Attached: 1522377811644s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I'm 6'1
19 years old.
Went from 180lbs to 260lbs in half a year back in 2016 from bad life choices. I was still exercising but definitely not doing enough cardio. I think that my decision to still exercise helped prevent me from ruining myself though. Most of the weight went into my ass because I was doing SS + GOMAD. So when I lost the weight, I still have large legs, but little fat in my torso, comparatively.

I'll still do anything I can though to make sure these last 35lbs dont get me loose skin.

No sweetener
No creamer
Just tea leaves and water

if he has to use those on his first fast i'd rather him do that then to the strict way, give into a craving and get upset and give the whole thing up. baby steps friendo.
if you're not getting emotional fulfillment from other places than food you're not gonna make it.

so if you follow the losalt, you can get all you need, right?

1/4 tsp is serving size, so if you take 2 tsp you get

3600 mg potassium
and
1360 mg sodium

that puts you where you need to be right? if you wanted to get 2000mg sodium you could supplement the remaining 600mg or so with table salt, correct?
oops, forgot image - edited

Attached: lo_salt_ingredients[1].jpg (580x861, 628K)

Chances are you won't have much loose skin by the end since you put it on so quickly and haven't been carrying it for long. At worst you'll have a saggy ass. You've brought yourself down most of the way, you can get those last 35 as well.

Gotta say, in a few hours I will be 96 hours into my first fast and I didn’t expect it to be this easy given how much I was eating as early as last week.

Coffee is a fucking godsend, had no idea how much it neutralizes your hunger. I drink a 16 oz cup before work and a 12 oz cup immediately when I get home (black, no cream or sugar/sweetener), have had no trouble sleeping and the quiet stomach growls here and there are much easier to fend off.

Only thing I’m wondering about is the best ways to get potassium and fiber, because right now I have to take a lot of each of the pills I bought to hit the daily recommendation. I bought Solger potassium tablets but they only have 99 mg each so I need to dissolve ~33 in my liter of water to get adequate electrolytes. Can anybody recommend denser sources of potassium/fiber?

Feasting on eggs and chicken sausage tonight, then fasting again until Sunday evening. Definitely can keep up this rhythm for the immediate future, can’t wait to see how much progress I’ll have made by June. I woke up this morning feeling better than any of the first three days and hopefully keto is already working it’s magic or will be soon.

Idk if I’m gonna make it, but I feel more optimistic about getting there than I have in the last four years.

Thank you, Jow Forums

Breaking fast at 72 hours, I'm thinking of making some carrot juice then having Greek yogurt and eggs. Anything wrong with this plan?

I'm doing OMAD and weight training the best time to eat would be after working out, but how long could I wait before losing the maximum gain from the exercise?

Yes, you're having something healthy being carrot juice, but then you are reverting towards bad eating habits with dairy and eggs. I mean this sincerely, dairy and eggs are NOT healthy. Dairy is filled with animal fat and protein, both contributing towards heart disease and raising your IGF-1 levels (insulin-like growth factor 1, causes acne and undiscriminating growth - which includes cancer cell growth) and then you are consuming eggs which are even worse than dairy. Eggs are mostly fat and the protein they do contain could easily be gotten from plant sources like peas or beans.

I just want you to be healthy, buddy. I want you to see progress on this fast. You should be losing weight and getting healthier, not losing weight because you have poisoned yourself with bad foods.

Watch this short video.
youtube.com/watch?v=vV0zjvz8FhE

>fat and protein cause heart disease
Don't you have a tree to fuck?

animal fat and protein
and also added fats and oils
>Don't you have a tree to fuck?
Unless you've stuck your entire arm up a girls ass before, you aren't on my level pleb

If you have loose skin afterwards, fast again. Your body will eventually eat it. How many starvation victims have you seen with loose skin?

4 days in so far. 3rd day was the worst, so far, just like everyone said. My ketone strips are dark now, so I guess I'm on my way. I'll make an infograph when I'm done so fellow skinnyfats can have an idea of what to expect.

How do you start eating again after several weeks? Anyone have any experience with this?

Is there a huge difference between fasting on consecutive days and fasting on non consecutive days for 5:2?

Start eating salads with no oil or dressing. My favorite is just cucumbers, carrots, peas, green bell peppers, and tofu. Maybe a few croutons. You can also have starchy vegetables (which should be the staple of your diet) like plain cooked potatoes, and/or wheat corn yams etc...

Watch the video but basically less than four days really only helps with caloric restriction

I usually stick my dick in them you fucking weirdo

Why did I have to eat burger cuck before my dry fast reeeeeee

Garbage

>eggs are not healthy because they have fat in them
>doesn’t even attempt to reference cholesterol as a reason not to eat eggs
>uses fisting as his standard for sexual success

yo definitely listen to this guy

Attached: 00C2B602-0EBA-41EE-98B9-CDF4410C9A95.jpg (480x318, 17K)

Great job, user!

Attached: f24.jpg (500x328, 26K)

>this entire post

Attached: 1387466725830.gif (286x210, 1.89M)

For potassium, look into cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate). You could dissolve this in water/a drink, but keep in mind the amount you put in. I plan to get some myself, though one thing to note is that there are articles online citing a laxative effect. Not sure how much you'd need to ingest to get the shits.

Attached: creamOfTartar.png (290x921, 99K)

is this accurate? anyone?

I also want to know

>4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium
Whoa let me write that down with my 190000 micrometer long pen on my 76.2 millimeter x 76.2 millimeter post it note

mutt

Thanks for the advice. How many days after eating like that can I eat a full greasy meat, potatoes, and bread meal without getting sick?

Should I go train Muay Thai the same day I refeed after a 72 h dry fast? I'm slightly overweight and my stamina is noy great. I do excercise but still

why not just splurge on potatoes and bread and leave out the meat. if you want to be a fat pig, then by all means, eat pork and meat products...

Is it actually recommended to do OMAD for skinny/skinnyfat fucks? Anybody else do it and was able to gain muscle?
Back when I lifted I would just eat a lot through out the day. If I eat one meal a day, should it be the size of the 3 meals I would normally have before?
Also are you guys able to lose fat at the same time? Wouldn't mind having abs for once

>meat is bad
>while bread is good
what

the agenda reveals itself

I never said white bread is good.
That being said, white bread WILL power you through your workouts better than meat could.
I am no kike

>racist vegan
s m h

la creatura strikes again

Attached: 1516455985490.png (960x1024, 838K)

All I'm trying to do is figure out how to break a long fast and enjoy a tasty meal. Why sperg out so hard?

Me

This exactly. Insulin is also a big part of the equation. Keto OMAD naturally addresses this to a greater extent than carb OMAD.

hi i am beginner to fasting and i want to try water fasting.. i have some questions tho:
1) how long should i do this if this is my first time?
2) no food but only water? cold or warm?

might have some more questions later

Essentially what happens if I do not drink that shitty snake oil? I don't have sodium and potassium on hand and things have not yet gone to shit (on day 2 right now)

I did a 12 day fast a few months ago with only water. Didn't use salt or anything. I don't really notice a difference with or without salt.

youre overthinking this. just do it. its just water. you have fat (food) on your gut already. dont overthink it. just stop eating.

I'm also a beginner. I just jumped right in. I bought KCl from ebay, and Mortons table salt. I drink cool tap water. I'm trying to lose weight, so I'm aiming for a couple of weeks.

Start by skipping breakfast and doing 16/8 then move to OMAD, next step is 24 hours, then 3 days, then 5 and then 10. This will let you know what to expect.

Tea without milk or sugar is fine, green tea is better since it can smooth out the Ghrelin waves which can be uncomfortable during the early stages of fasting (although they tail off the longer you fast, I no longer feel them at all)

How much weight did you lose during the fast and how much weight did you gain during the refeed?

Opinions on BCAAs during a "fast" (I know it's technically not a fast if one takes BCAA)?

How much fat can you expect to lose doing OMAD without a restriction on carbs?

asking again

so if you follow the losalt, you can get all you need, right?

1/4 tsp is serving size, so if you take 2 tsp you get

3600 mg potassium
and
1360 mg sodium

that puts you where you need to be right? if you wanted to get 2000mg sodium you could supplement the remaining 600mg or so with table salt, correct?

Attached: LOS-00000-2[1].jpg (1600x1600, 219K)

Alright lads, started off with two sessions of two and three day fasts already. Managed to drop 2.3kg/5lbs.

I got a question about snake juice/potassium though? Do some people prefer to take it as a sort of shot in a smaller concentration like 330ml? and make up the rest with salt water through-out the day? Trying to down a litre of snake juice is a fucking challenge in itself.

man ive asked some pretty dumb questions but this is really the wrong thread for that

why do you want no limit on carbs?

I lost about 12 lbs in 12 days and I gained like 6lbs back after my first meal (and a lot of water and salt)

stop overthinking this. holy fuck bro.

use the scale for feedback and then you'll have your answer

eat carbs
if scale goes up
eat less carbs
if scale goes down, all good

1.2L water
1g sodium
1.5g potassium

is what you want

but the op asks for more

OMAD is how you want to maintain. Minimizing insulin spikes is the main benefit, it also seems to have benefits in terms of letting your teeth and digestive system rest in-between work cycles. You'll lose weight if your watching your calories of course, but it ain't fasting.

>1.2L water
>1g sodium
>1.5g potassium

thats per day?

Not him, but there is no requisite amount to drink, that's just the proportions for a mixture. Drink as much or little as you feel you need.

>Not sure how much you'd need to ingest to get the shits.

I'm not sure either, but you'd need to ingest 10 jars a day to meet your AI (Adequate Intake) requirement.

I've been drinking ~400-500ml per day.

Where do u guys get your potassium? This omad train is awesome, less than a week and I'm losing waist size and belly size

potassium - NoSalt
sodium - salt
magnesium - magnesium citrate supplement

i disagree with citrate, i would go with oxide instead?

Do I need to take a multivitamin when I start fasting?

Absolutely not
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2407766

Does mouthwash break a fast??????????

Attached: 1518157118944.jpg (699x919, 214K)

Thanks man appreciate it

of water?

>0.5L water
>1tsp salt (sodium)
>1tsp NoSalt (potassium)
And I take a 200mg magnesium citrate pill so all the electrolyte bases are covered.

No.

no, unless you drink it

And if you're just doing a few days, you really don't need it at all unless you get lightheaded or something.

are you swallowing it

Would cycles of bulking and fasting be effective for lean gains? Say you bulk for a week and fast the next week, then bulk the following week.

youre only driking .5L of water per day? or are you drinking this and other water along with it during the day

Yeah, I haven't really been thirsty. I'm not exercising or working, just sitting around, so .5L feels just fine.

how many kcals per nomads.

Go by how you feel and how your body reacts.

SO fasting is only multiple days? Should I just be eating a lot?

broke 4 day fast

got down 3L of whole raw milk, some grilled cheese toasts, and i think i will nuke some bacon on top of it

just so you know, 1 teaspoon is 4 servings of nosalt

nice, haha RIP your toilet

Probably

>finally made the mistake of telling my friends that I fast
>spent the rest of the days getting nothing but concern and insults from them
Fuck this is annoying, how do you stop people from chimping out when they know you fast?

If youre a nomad, you probably need a lot of calories

>the absolute state of /fast/

Not telling them
Maybe in 20 years it gets more mainstream, if weight loss industry allows it

yep, 1tsp is about 2,500mg (well under the 4000-5000 daily max), that's for a full day and I tend to only drink part of the bottle