Not a native english speaker but the only social interaction i have had last few years have been confined to Jow Forums...

>not a native english speaker but the only social interaction i have had last few years have been confined to Jow Forums and the rest of the internet so at this point i'm more fluent in English than my own langauge
Anyone else know this feel?

Attached: 1526631563925.jpg (250x225, 7K)

>the only social interaction i have had last few years have been confined to Jow Forums and the rest of the internet
I do know this feel

Attached: 1526859149377.jpg (720x533, 101K)

Sort of. I have more contact with anonymous strangers from across the world then with my countrymen, that's for sure.

>not a native english speaker
>think in english

Attached: 1451023115677.jpg (602x709, 94K)

>>not a native english speaker
>>think in english
What causes this

fluency in english

I feel like English is easier to think in for some reason. Idk if it's a side effect of being fluent in English or if English really is inherently easier to think in.

Fucking this.
>tfw I can no longer speak naturally on my own language, therefore, more sperg

Attached: images (24).jpg (391x377, 14K)

Now this, this is a very bad feel. I was already a sperg but this basically fucked my shit up beyond repair.

Congratulations on being fluent in the only language that matters. Just forget your first language.

>English really is inherently easier to think in
this is a really weird thing to think about if true

You have become too cozy with our retard speak. Really, we say onomatopoeia and anthropomorphic 70% of the time. Common euro trash mistake.

I know, i hadn't really thought of it before but now that i did it makes me think why and if it's even true. Any other anons feel this way or is it just me?

>Really, we say onomatopoeia and anthropomorphic 70% of the time.
I think it has more to do with the grammar than that. Idk what anthropomorphic speech is though.

this could have really fucking big implications

Attached: 1511922024822.jpg (448x487, 47K)

Just a lark. These are our more ridiculously drawn out and convoluted words. Anthropomorphic means describing an object in a way that reflects human characteristics. Now you can eng. lang. mog your friends.

Oh i know what that word means i just thought you were saying that you guys use antropomorphic speech, since the other word you said describes a type of speech.

>friends
Good one

Master has become the student. Friends are always a joke. The trick is laughing

English is an excellent technical language. Lots of machine and science words. We use a ton of acronyms for anything new as well, like FAX machine and ATM.

English also has about 10 times as many adjectives as most other languages.

For example Spanish has about 200k words. English has 2 million. If you count old school engish like shakespeare its more like 4 million.

Ive noticed german has a lot of words for emotion relative to engish. Shadenfraude, pleasure taken from watching anothers suffering. Fremdshamen, empathic embarrassment felt for others (we might call it cringe). Kummerspect, fat gained from depression eating.

what are your guys native languages

We all do down here brother..

Not quite, but

>write with barely any mistakes
>pronunciation is still shit
>don't use voice to communicate in english

Attached: 1526387682513.jpg (960x720, 62K)

Aren't most of those words stuff that no one uses though? Still at 2 million compared to 200k the difference must still be big.

English is superior to German thought. German has a lot of really retarded rules and exceptions. English doesn't has as many

I think most of the non Americans or Brits here know this feel. Same here btw.

Finnish and Russian

Yeah, no one ever learns even a fraction of them. A lot of them will be crazy shit you have never heard of, like the name of a tool for applying horseshoes to horses or something. Obsolete and forgotten.

Really? I didn't think it was that common here

Feeling good being Greek and knowing the meaning of these words just by reading them.

>be burger
>try to learn French in Switzerland
>they all speak English
>every time I attempt to speak French they speak English
>started pretending I am a Russian and don't speak English just to force them to speak French
>still speak foreign languages like shit cuz terrible US education and lack of EU language world dominance
You freaking yurofags have to stop watching burger TV, sites, and music and start trying to take over the world with your languages. This is getting ridiculous.

>native English speaker
>grew up speaking another language at home
>think in that language, have to wrestle a translation out when I speak English
>use really weird personal slang, stutter, slur certain words, uneven cadence
>people think I'm a brainlet when I open my mouth and they're right ;_;

It's an abstract feel.

>Canadian
>they force me to learn French in school
>pick it up, end up using it sort of translate Wakfu on the fly
>Wakfu ends
>completely forget the French language
I can't wait for the Chinese to take over so I can at least learn and retain Mandarin.

If you grew up speaking a different language then you're not actually a Native speaker, m8. Just because you grew up in a Native English country doesn't mean you aren't ESL. Sorry to ruin your evening, guv.

>not wanting French
In terms of world dominance you have either French or Spanish to into romantic languages. With French you can talk in West Africa, North Africa, Belgium, Switzerland, France, or Quebec. Best Healthcare system in the world in France and always the legion. Mandarin is a FSI class V language, with a symbol based alphabet system. Screw that senpai.

>West Africa
Shithole
>North Africa
Shithole
>Belgium
Alright
>Switzerland
Don't they speak a weird form of German?
>France
Shithole
>Quebec
ABSOLUTE shithole

French people are animals and I don't respect them as human beings.

Meanwhile Mandarin/Cantonese is the language of one of the most dominant economies in the world, a RAPIDLY growing language that is already defacto official government language in British Columbia and will spread in the coming years and just generally far more useful than French. Yeah it's a fucking ugly language that sounds like garbage but what are you going to do about it.

Switzerland speaks weird French, weird Italian, weird German, and Romansch (sounds like Swedish chef). Cantonese and Mandarin are completely different languages and even Mandarin is so different province to province that knowing traditional Mandarin would not get you anywhere in Hong Kong or anywhere outside the Beijing area.

Same Man, its rare for me to think in my native language

Attached: 1524489762438.jpg (640x634, 57K)

>bilingual from birth
>learn 2 more languages
>brain is fried and shit at all of them

I suck at speaking but can read/write pretty well. Too bad people only judge you from the way you speak. The instant translation thing is incredibly difficult for me, I mix all 4 languages into every sentence and it comes out as indecipherable garbage. Anyone else speak really slow as a result of this?