CARDIO THREAD

Brehs i've been walking 10K steps each day for the last 7days. I've been feeling good for the rest of the day after each walk.
This shit is better than my anti-depressants (I never felt this good after lifting)
DISCUSS CARDIO

Attached: skyfall_2423625b.jpg (620x387, 57K)

Basketball

Facts, nigga, facts

Tip:
biking > swimming > running > rowing >>> power gap >>> anything else

Attached: fit_chart.png (1100x1000, 1.26M)

bump

Attached: 272751C000000578-0-image-a-20_1427772143117.jpg (634x951, 135K)

I cant look at this. I stay up too late

I've been on Couch to 5K of late. That's been working out well enough. I'm not terribly quick, but improving and coming to enjoy it.

Been walking 5km/day for the last week.
Probably would start alternating 1 lap running and 1 lap walking.

yt->some faggot and not pewds

Attached: 1503100511346.jpg (279x282, 27K)

who here believes that 10min of HIIT equals 45 mins of cardio. I am talking abou the old
>2min slow
20 sec max sprint/effort
>2min slow
20 sec max
>2min slow
20 sec max
>2min slow

>walking
>cardio
How fat are you?

Any sport that continually variably raises heart rate that you enjoy > everything

I like jumping rope. I also think swimming is cool as fuck, but don't do it atm. If there is somebody doing running or cycling I'd gladly join him. Wouldn't do it on my own, because I get lonely/bored.

I’m a super manlet. I’m in decent shape though because I boxed for the last 2 years. However, I’m leaving to the navy in June and I want to make aircrew. My mile time has never been able to go down past 8 minutes a mile, unless I’m running on a treadmill which doesn’t count. Any tips on getting this down?

P
A
R
K
O
U
R

me. it's because I fucking hate cardio and will do anything to spend less time doing it

curious, did you have problems with your reach in boxing

Yea, I have to make sparring and fights ugly in order for me to get the better of the opponent. Got a tiny chip on my tooth and I’m sure I’ve had a couple of concussions. Never been put down though.

Attached: 8E0C678C-9363-4F31-AD05-F8020A54CC1E.jpg (2070x2428, 927K)

Bitch i do 5.5km in 70min enjoy your busted knees

>20min mile

manlet detected

Attached: pacific cooler.jpg (620x515, 66K)

I would LOVE to do Parkour but I'm uncoordinated and live in a rural area without much of anything to jump around on/from...

That's walking.

This is a guy who knows the score.

That's a 20 minute mile...

Squeaky shoe is a game for niggers

bros. i've been training to achieve my goal for 5km under 20 minutes for the past month. last few days I've had TERRIBLE side stitches to the point where I can't run. beside correct breathing form, what are some tips you guys find helpful?

>in b4 google

Attached: killme.jpg (940x380, 179K)

I did parkour but stopped after one, busting my skin on an AC unit, and two, busting my knee on a concrete table. I still miss it

>road biking
top fucking kek

Dumb comment

I try to get a 10k under my feet every day in any combination of just walking around doing meme chores, walking my dog, and running.

Edgy 16 year old

I keep getting shin splints, I'm tall and heavy. What I've been doing instead of running has been at the end of my workout I set the treadmill at the gym to the steepest incline and walk for 20-25 minutes. I'm hoping that will help prevent shin splints next time I take up running.

Really good decision. Fucking up your knees can SERIOUSLY ruin your quality of life.

I'd say only run 2-3 days of the week and bike/cycle on off days. Take a few days of from running consecutively leading up to what you'd consider to be the PR run.

>5.5km
>70min

Attached: 1521668881434.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

>run 10 minutes every day amounting to a little of a mile
>get sick of being a bitch and go for 30 min
>can't do it
>only get to 20 min (around 2.2 miles)
How do I over come the mental barrier that hits me around 20 min, I know I can push farther but my brain tells me I'm tired and need to stop and I can't shut it up.

>tfw don't live near a tibetan monk temple with 10 000 stetps

Change shit up. Drop the intensity and raise the time. Go for a light jog for about 40-60 minutes.

It's a lot easier to run faster on PT tests with people cause you can just always try to pass the next person. You should try running slightly slower and focus more on pace on the track though. You're probably starting off too fast and having to slow down. Also I'm not Navy but I'm p sure it's a 1.5 mile run test so you should probably be training for that cause that extra half a mile makes a big difference.

I do 2-6 miles a day never less than 2 miles at a time. It’s 1.5 miles for the navy. For aircrew you gotta do it in 12 minutes max.

This is what I just did. Take of like 10-15 seconds from fumbling with the phone and turning off the run tracker.

Attached: 7F1831C5-E6C9-4EDA-AE3C-768D10384AB5.png (640x1136, 73K)

I do 20 seconds on, 10 off 20 on 10 off for 4 minutes on the bike. Toasts my legs, and its quick. Ive been making gains, went from level 14 to level 19 today, max hr was 184.

Oh shit i can help you user. You have to breath out when your left foot hits the ground or vice versa. What ever the opposite of what you do now is. Icant remember the exact pattern but it really helped me out in football.

When i was in basic in the AF we did 6 sets of 30 seconds of sprinting with 30 seconds of walking followed by 26 minutes of continuous running 3 time a week for our cardio. I ran a 12:16 1.5 mile on the first test, and a 10:32 at the end of 6th week on the final test. If you push yourself the whole time it's p easy to get your time down. Definitely recommend finding a running club or even just doing like 5ks regularly because running with others that are better than you and trying to keep up is the best way to get faster.

also try to focus on consistent pace and stride. You can move faster by stepping faster than by lengthening your stride typically.

Attached: consume.jpg (712x960, 87K)

Getting outside and excersize makes you feel good? Stop the fucking presses!

For sure thank you broski. I’ll keep it all in mind. I don’t sprint often so I’ll try that. I live in a pretty highly populated area I should find a club granted work doesn’t get in the middle of that.

Try checking high schools too, a lot of public schools with outdoor tracks allow randos to use them during certain hours.

I’m in Broward County, Parkland is still fresh in everyone’s mind. I tried going to my lil bros high school a few weeks ago on a Saturday while he was taking the SATs and got kicked out. It’s like this for most schools right now.

Meme shit that rises coritsol and lowers testosterone.

Be a man and lift, pussy boy.

>not cross country skiing 10km every other day
Never going to make it.

Attached: 241236162136.jpg (427x640, 31K)

Congratulations on doing the absolute bare fucking minimum for a healthy human being

If you believe Taleb man should exercise a lot at low intensity (slow walks) and very little at high intensity (heavy compounds)

I believe this is optimal for peak mental and physical fitness. endless reps at the gym or running 10ks regularly isn't going to make you happy nor is it sustainable long term unless you like pain or it's your job.

If you’re running everyday that might be part of the problem. I’d give yourself a rest day and see if it helps. Don’t be afraid to walk for a minute then return to running sometimes that little break makes a huge difference for me.

Best cardio thats not running on threadmill? I don't feel 100% safe running those. I sometimes feel like Im falling out of balance and about to trip when running high speed

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 40K)

> i've been walking
>DISCUSS CARDIO

You start

>fatasfatass detected

Cycling, rowing, sled pushing, weighted incline walking..

That's hardly impressive
I do 3.23km in thirty minutes on 15% incline

You are probably 5'7.

Running a marathon in two days

Practising for 2 months, 90kg bodyweight
Wish me luck brahs

Lmao lifting alone is probably the easiest, most comfortable, boring sport activity you can do

Like 30% in my gym are literal soyboys. It has nothing to do with being a man

What's your favorite running shoe?
How long until you change pair?

(BLOG :I went on a 11km run and my feet hurt like hell. My cheapo Adidas aren't sufficient anymore)

>90kg
>marathon
Lol

Is 40 minutes of HIIT too much?
1:30 brisk walk, 30 second run. I usually end up going about 4.5 miles total

Have fun walking.

Asics Gel-Kayano, ~400-500mi

Hoka One Ones are v nice

I too have taken the walkpill. Put a podcast on and just walk. Few things are better than this.

Did a half marathon a few times and got a sub 2 hour time
My goal is under 5 hours for marathon. Wouldnt call that walking

I'm not sure on the 10min HIIT = 45min normal cardio but my dad swears by Interval sprints and Farlek. I need to step up my cardio game so might start the couch to 5k shit.

Is jogging with a backpack full of lead bricks a bad idea?

I do 2miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening and it works for me. I think cardio is amazing my imagination runs wild. I get runners high. see my whole life flash before my eyes on walk home from track.

adidas ultraboosts

OP, I know that feel. If I don't use my treadmill for a few days I feel like a fucking slug. Do 3.5 miles in one hour and my mood is 100% better!!!FACT!!!

I noticed you forgot to put inline skating above all those. Much better on your joints, massive cardio burn, cuties on the path, you are like 6 inches taller with them on.
Last week I got a whistle from a group of fresh meat roller derby chicks that were out practicing.

> been commute biking for almost two years this same route
> 4.5 miles kinda uphill
> haven't improved, always hover around 11-12 mph
> today get personal best of 12.3 mph

Im so pathetic

Attached: image.png (640x849, 120K)

Why are the calorie calcs for biking so obviously wrong? I had a route to campus and back everyday that if I went by the calculator I would literally be zero rest mass like a fucking photon. Like it said I was burning 200 cals and I bet it was maybe 50.

Do develop discipline before I join a sport I want to be able to run 3 miles non stop without being exhausted. Been working on it for a week and after the first mile my mind begins to fatigue faster than my body. How do I push past that?

It's good if you are

Concentrate on yourself/your steps and try to shut out both the outside world and any random thoughts coming through your head.
Your aim is to be empty, kinda like meditation

bump

>10 000 steps
>not converting into miles
You brainlet fatty mcfag

Attached: laugh white dude.gif (178x260, 1.84M)

I used to get stitches all the time. I just kept on running as much as I could and very slowly they went away.
The change was so slow that I didn't even notice until one day I just realized I don't get stitches anymore.