If being overweight is so unhealthy for you then how come so many fatties live well into their seventies?

If being overweight is so unhealthy for you then how come so many fatties live well into their seventies?

Attached: 4BA16E35-32BC-4BC0-9D93-F4552D6E4E27.png (741x568, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/planning-for-retirement-plan-to-live-to-100-2012-04-12
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seventies isn't that old. 90's is peak longevity unless you have gifted genetics and hit the 100's

Because they probably didn’t get obese until later in life.

The only reason they make it that long is pharmaceuticals

being slightly overweight and fit is, according to some statistics, the best
plus seventies is not that good in the civilized world

They make it by draining the healthcare system that i'm paying for with my taxes

If you take anecdotes you can find people who do a range of unhealthy shit that live long and complication free lives. Likewise, you can find plenty of people who put their health and healthy habits first that live short, or disease ridden lives. If you live at a healthy weight, are mindful of your diet, exercise regularly, and have other generally accepted healthy habits, like not smoking, drinking only in moderation, getting 8 hours of sleep, you will be MORE likely of living a longer, healthier life than somebody who doesn't, but that doesn't mean an obese, binge drinking, two pack a day smoking couch potato somewhere won't outlive you.

Average lifespan is like 78-79 in America

And have a horrible quality of life for the last 10 years

This takes into account people who die drug, alcohol, or tobacco related deaths, from congenital and chronic conditions, accidents and suicides. Today in the US if you make it to 60 and are disease free you can expect to live another 30 years.

>America
>Civilized world

Attached: 1515800860907.jpg (800x430, 38K)

They get fat in their 70s

Source

>Average
There's your keyword. What's the average weight and fitness level again?

Memes don’t change the fact that America is still one the 5 best countries to live in

No it’s not.

not true at all. stop talking out of your ass on Jow Forums

The human body is an incredible machine able to survive a disgusting amount of abuse

>If being overweight is so unhealthy for you then how come so many fatties live well into their seventies?
Fatties live longer than normal or obese people. It's how it is.

Cry more eurocuck

Attached: 1495556700143.jpg (664x624, 267K)

Except it is lmfao. Take care of yourself and with the modern advances in medicine you'll live a fucking long time.

>live well into

I'm gonna stop you right there user. Here's what unhealthy old people are like:
>need wheel chair or cane to go anywhere
>Need custom bed because you can't get out of a normal bed
>Need non-slip shower mats, handles in your shower, no bathtub, or stairs for your bathtub, a handicap seat in your shower
>Special sneakers because you can't tie your shoes right and have weak ankles
>An elevator chair on your stairs so you can go on both floors of your house
>Can't use your hands because you don't have the dexterity anymore.

Assuming no medical issues like failing organs, you're trapped in your body, which has slowly decomposed to be a coffin. Working out allows you to be mobile in your 70's and 80's and beyond, rather than just simply be alive.

We workout so we have a reason to live well into old age, and not be trapped in a decaying body waiting for death.

So in reality, outside of getting women(possibly), being fit doesn’t have much of an advantage over being overweight

Completely wrong, most studies suggest that slightly underweight is the healthiest mode

>be american
>live in a 52% white country (probably less)
>shootings happen on a regular basis
>go bankrupt if you break your leg
>get prescribed oxycodone for tooth pain
>get into debt to go to college

Attached: 012301031203.jpg (207x243, 13K)

amerimutts

kekadoodle

>live well
But they don't. Old fat people are miserable

Being fit is about fucking sloots and being alpha. I'd do it even if it took a decade off my life. Who would want to live 70 years as a fat beta

>52% white
Mate, Americans consider hispanic as white. Do you know how many hispanics America has? Fucking lmao America is probably 30% white.

Attached: 1514348233874.png (1124x598, 203K)

i think the 52% already takes the hispanics into account desu

Same reason my smoker grandfather lived into his 80s despite not quitting smoking even when he had to start using oxygen. Being fat cuts years off your life, but people with good genes and good healthcare live to be 100+ if they don't have immoderate bad habits.

health isn't just about how many years you live

health is about quality of life

marketwatch.com/story/planning-for-retirement-plan-to-live-to-100-2012-04-12

If you make it to 65 without chronic medical conditions, you will more than likely run out of money if your don't plan to live to 100.

1. Modern medicine.
2. Rolling around on a mobility scooter doesn't count as living.
3. Kill yourself

Attached: 1523311076320.jpg (492x449, 48K)

This. We need a fat tax

I grew up in southern New England and can confirm. Not even our whites are white. It's super rare to see a blonde male and when you do 9 out of 10 times they're either Polish or French Canadian for some reason.