Hiking

Went hiking, the other day, for the first time in over 10 years... walked 4.4 miles for 2 1/2 hours, on a trail that's mostly rocky terrain, next to a river.

I lost one pound... is it really that easy to lose weight? Should I do this every day?

Attached: 217FFBAF-36EE-46B6-81B9-90EA5117CD6E.jpg (1600x1400, 510K)

It just might be depending on your bodyweight, height, and diet. But regardless, yes, hike everyday regardless of weight loss because hiking is fun as fuck.

Sadly you probably haven't lost shit

Wow you lost water weight confuckinggrats shit for brains

Waterweight you brainlet.
Drink more you sweaty swine.

>that 30 years old guy that doesn't know what waterweight is

Attached: 1521143963105.png (378x349, 37K)

You sweated out some salt you salt eating mongrel

>be infantry
>hear friends say they go hiking over 4 miles in 2.5 hours
>wonder wtf took them so long when the standard is 15 minute miles

>be infantry
>hear friends want to go hiking
>ask why the fuck id want to do that...like...for fun? fuck no

I'm 6 feet tall and I weighed 292-293 lbs (the scale kept switching between the two), right before hiking; the next morning, I weighed 291 lbs and I have kept that weight for the last 3 days.

I have been cutting down my intake on sugar and red meat, and I've been eating more deli sandwiches from home and Subway, usually ham, turkey, or salami with Swiss cheese.
rather than anything else.

Fuck you, I'm 28!

>I lost one pound... is it really that easy to lose weight? Should I do this every day?
Well obviously you can't hike 2 1/2 hours everyday, but yes, it's that easy.
Jog outside for 30 or more mins everyday and the fat will literally melt off your body

Not sure if I'm ready for that; my shins start screaming if I do anything more than a walk, but yeah, I should do that once I'm down to 250 lbs.

>hating scenic vistas
>you're infantry so you do actually have an excuse to be against this turbo-normie glorification of wandering around the woods for no other reason than "wow, we're not just sitting around the house. We're so spiritual, so enlightened"

bike or use a stationary bike for 30+ minutes a day
do not do under 30 minutes
prove to yourself you can do a consistent ride for 30 minutes even at a slow ass pace
once you prove you can, do the same speed the next day. If you find it easier than the first day, increase your speed.
rinse and rpeat this process until you hit

What's your height/weight?
Do you lift?

>tfw live in glorious Boulder Co and can go on world class hikes on weekday afternoons

yea except when it snows, faggot

SoCal masterrace

lol, except snow is the best time to hike pedro. Noting better then climbing up to a peak and digging your spikes into sheets of ice.

Also

>implying snowshoeing isn't the second best /out/ activity next to skiing

This. Unironically.

6 feet
291 lbs, but it's currently 289.2, since I just got out of the shower.

Not really, but I'm able to lift boxes up to 75lbs without a problem.

wow i cant imagine living in so cal and not going snow hiking, its awesoem

Yeah I wouldn't jog at 6' 290lbs
Walk at a good pace and fix your diet

Dude I weigh like 235 and can lose like 9-10 lbs on a two day backpack. It's all mostly water weight. If you only lost a pound, you're not going hard enough

Fpbp
Jelly cunt who's too pussy to do cardio detected

>Colorado
>Not remote mountian country
>Glorious
Yeah no, your state is full of dirty commie scum and ignorant retard conservashits
If it wasn't for your gun laws you would be in the top 8 for worst state

all these digits

Then why didn't I gain it back? If it were water weight, wouldn't it have come back after 24 hours?

yall should try shrooms on your next hike - best shit

Or go for a long hike, pack a snack and some 420xd. Do weed 30min before summit. Reach summit, eat your fine snack and chill on peak laying back and shit. Enjoy the jog back down.

I live in metro Atlanta - we don't have mountains; only parks with 5-mile trails next to rivers.

wtf OP i lose more weight after i take a shit.

wow look at those backpacks, you just know these motherfucking hippie millenials cant run a 10k without stopping. When they're hiking they probably turn on their data to monitor the likes of the photos they're uploading to Instagram every 10 minutes. And let's face it, the guy with the long hair

lol, this is the same thing as a skinny person thinking they gained weight because they weight 2 pounds heavier by the end of the night

Your scale isn't rated to be that accurate. A normal spring scale has it's calibration point around 150 lbs, I wouldn't be surprised if it varies by 5 lbs at 300 lbs.

>the guy with the long hair
That's you?

I'm just basing things by the numbers.

I haven't weighed 291 pounds in two months.

Why is hiking so comfy, guys?
>tfw no drivers license
>cant go anywhere

Your hydration doesn't magically reset at midnight. Water weight is far more volatile than fat weight, but it can still take a couple days to adjust. I've 'gained' and lost 3 kg just last week, took around three days to drop back down.

If you really want to lose weight (40 lbs vs 1 lb), fucking go vegan. I lost 35 lbs in 6 months, didn't really change my workouts

I mean, I lost 20 lbs, last year, just from exercising and reducing my sugar intake, so I don't need to go vegan to do that. I'm just repeating the same process, except I'm not going to the gym anymore.

Attached: D74EFC6E-092E-4FF2-932F-4898F30F12E5.png (750x1334, 199K)

>be siginter
>paid to play with linux
>paid to beat off in the barracks
>paid to work out in an air conditioned gym

03xx on suicide watch

Attached: 1515631761667.jpg (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Kek, obviously everything is under control. Enjoy being fat fuck

Well, I haven't had an operation, this year, preventing me from exercising.

Fuck off isley
>t. Supermang

Chances are that your scale isn't precise enough to even determine a pound difference consistently.

Even if it is, it's absolutely meaningless. A single pound difference on a scale can easily be caused by shitting/pissing/sweating/eating/drinking. Totally meaningless.

It is a digital scale, so it probably is completely accurate.

I could be weighing 450 lbs for all I know.

I just got back from hiking. Took the puppers. My calves are SCREAMING now

Does it show tenths of pounds? If not, then it's definitely not precise enough to make a determination like that. Even if it does show tenths of pounds, that doesn't mean much.

It's easy to step on a slightly difference place and get a slightly different reading

If you measure your weight on two different scales, chances are they are more than a pound different, anyway. Most scales are shit. They are for measuring trends, not precise pounds

Yeah, it shows tenths of a pound, but it's also a Fitbit scale.

As a rule, you should only ever interpret scale measurements in terms of long term trends, unless it's a very significant change (over 5 pounds, at the very least)

Don't measure twice in the same day unless it's out of curiosity. The best way to use them is in the morning, before you eat or drink, and after you empty your bowels and bladder. A full bladder can totally throw them off.

They're for measuring long term progress, not for daily fluctuations. Even daily blood pressure changes can totally fuck with them.

No kid
It's because you took a shit/piss along the way

>be infantry
>being this autistic about people enjoying nature

Are all infantry against everything outdoors after getting out because they were too retarded to realize they would never fight a war and still get treated like shit?

this coming from a Californian!!!!