How tall and big do you have to be to be able to do bouncer jobs, i'm 5'9 but pretty built and strong

How tall and big do you have to be to be able to do bouncer jobs, i'm 5'9 but pretty built and strong

Attached: 1509989979320.jpg (639x472, 104K)

I'm 6ft, and about 88kg. So I'm not big by any means and i do fine.

Attached: 1493921105097.png (640x640, 289K)

I'm 6'4, but back when I worked we've had anything from 5'2 manlets to 7ft lanklets.

6'8 here, bouncer. ama

So, here's the thing user. Being a bouncer is about being a deterrent. You ideally don't want to have to use your muscle at all. It may not be right, it may not be fair, but height is probably our most primitive proxy for power. When some drunk fuck is deciding if he wants to test you, the first metric he's going to size you up by is height. The best bouncers will be huge in size and height. Ideally 6'2+

That's not to say that you shouldn't work in security at all. Bodyguard is a different game, for example. It's true size is sought after there is well, but there's also a place for less conspicuous looking security detail.

I know a
Bouncer who’s shorter than me at 5’8. I know because of knife disarm drills and he wears lifts to be over 6ft on the door

Size don't mean shit, if you cant back up what you speak or can switch on your aggressiveness. I've worked with a lot of black guys who were about 6ft2-6ft5 and on the outside they looked somewhat scary but in side they were complete pussy cats afraid of a fist fight and won't do anything work.

I'm More people are afraid of me and my supervisor who is only about 5ft9, because one wrong word, or you putting your hands on a staff and we will drag you out by your throat and knee you in the head.

Other bouncers sit and watch, like pussy cats. Bouncing aint for everyone.

Attached: 1494547418760.png (672x944, 21K)

>Wearing 4" lifts while working a door.
Doesn't sound very smart of him desu.

that's the point I was making. It doesn't matter what's your size. Security is a job for literal retards, they take on anyone as long as you have your loicense m8,. Besides, you're almost never by yourself. When I worked I was either paired up with someone else, or we were always within each others view.

Your general sentiment isn't wrong, but the best bouncers/best quality in a bouncer is to have a cool head and be able to talk someone down. Persuading someone to chill out or go home is the best possible option. Intimidating them in to leaving is second best. Last resort should be dropping them on their fucking head out the front door.

> (OP)

Depends on the bar you bounce at. Living in a college town there are bars that employ the stereotype bouncer, bald, handlebar mustache, big, beefy, bloatmaxx, walking around in SECURITY t shirts, etc. But then there's bars around me that use bouncers as doormen, collecting cover charges, stopping people from exiting with beers, and stuff like that. So it depends on the bar you want to work at.

>Security is a job for literal retards

Depends, but then again i get $28 an hour, 35-40 hours a week, and do a lot better then those working in an office or doing a trade. If you like to socialize, want to make money under the table, etc.. it's a good job.

>Besides, you're almost never by yourself.

Can tell you hardly been bouncing, I've worked many doors where i was by myself with only a radio and the supervisor roaming inside, while the other bouncers were static in certain positions like the smoking area.

Being within view and being together is two different things. You'll get your head knocked off your shoulder before the other guy can respond.

Been doing this shit for 6 years now.

Me and the supervisor have a saying, fuck them at the door, and they won't fuck around inside.

Works, and if they do fuck around inside one stern talking since they will remember you from the front door and usually clam the fuck down.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (240x300, 14K)

dunno where you live, but in UK most bouncer positions are shit. The only way to get something decent is to suck up to your operations manager and they pretty much always hand out good jobs to people from their own country. Money under the table was definitely good, but it's a shit job and it doesnt change the fact that it's a job for people who can't get anything else. Dealing with retarded sluts and sleazy managers was the worst

A friend of mine did it for a long time at a shitty mid town bar which constantly had frat kids fighting in it. He was like 5'7" and stronger than the average person but not built by any means and he did fine. The killer is if you have a baby face. You have to be straight faced and adult looking or else drunk people will try to fuck with you constantly. On the upside though you can slam those people on the ground and your coworkers will help so it could be fun looking soft.

I live in australia, being known in this "industry" which comes from working with managers / supervisors (i know many who work as managers at places like football/soccer stadiums) as well as experience comes into play. Me and the supervisor been working this bar few year,s and we are the only reasons our security company has the contract so we can what the fuck we want, when we want.

You could say the same about the army, literal retards who cant get another job. End of the day we do it for the money, not social status.

>sleazy managers was the worst

Easy to deal with, i cut them off from joking with me or treating me like a staff member.

Experience, boy.

you seem to have different rules in australia or something. our managers would tell security staff to fuck off and go home for no reason and there's nothing you could do since we were all self-employed/sub-contracted with barely any rights. It actually happened to me. Some old lady thought I look "bored" and banned me from all the bars/clubs she owned, so my company had to start sending me to shitty hotels

>you seem to have different rules in australia or something. our managers would tell security staff to fuck off and go home for no reason

No offense mate, but that's because you're a bunch of soft cunts who have no mouth to speak and cannot stand on your legs. When shit hits the fan, we are called, when staff get abused, we are called so end of the day you are respected by the staff / managers. You come and talk to me like that? i won't use my hands but I'll put you in your fucking spot. I'll put it simple, security is not a fucking staff member. We are contractors / subbies and even if i got fired I'll be happy since i stood up for myself.

Biggest way to be liked by managers, is be serious at work. When i work i don't laugh or joke with staff members or managers. I do my job, and the managers see this especially when i pull someone out by myself.

If a manager sees you working, he will love you. If it's a very quiet bar with hardly any trouble you might have a bit of a hassle.

m8, you and i have very different experiences. Our managers would routinely have us kick customers who did nothing wrong/werent high just because they needed to make more space for some VIP sluts and would give you no respect no matter how good you worked. You could come to work looking smart, doing your job well but none of that matters. And the actual staff were even worse, they would routinely steal drinks or mess something up and would have us deal with it. Anyways it was a shit job and I hope to never work in it again, it seems to be better in australia. I'm going to bed.

I'll put it simple, if a manager says kick someone out do the fucking job, regardless if you know deep down he did nothing wrong. If you don't, it shows you are timid and of no use to a manager. Over-time doing your job, you will be respected more and like by the entire staff and manager squad. Even after a few years working here, the fucking venue manager laughs, jokes with me, knows my previous experience at the bar. I don't laugh or joke with him, just nod my head or say a few words and give hints to fuck off and stop annoying me.

Don't shit where you eat, you have all these shit experience. I had shit experiences to but just worked through it, went to other bars / clubs etc..

> it seems to be better in australia

If you say so.

At that height you need to shave and get full arm tats in order to get the job.

Attached: 3.webm (640x640, 2.76M)

i cant tell if that guys a retard or a legend

That bouncer just got served and there was nothing he could do about it.

holy shit alpha as fuck

No joke I know a bouncer who s 5’4” down here in Miami. He didn’t like 7 years in prison for strong armed robbery/attempted murder and has face tattoos. No one fucks with him solely on the fact that he has the look of a man who has seen and done shit. He is also very quick to knock someone the fuck out if they give him lip and knows how to leverage his punches. He does weigh like 180 pounds of pure muscle though.