Im currently 3 months into a plant based diet but have some concerns on daily protein intake...

Im currently 3 months into a plant based diet but have some concerns on daily protein intake. Im 6'4" 195 lbs so i'm a pretty big guy and id rather do without chugging down plant based shakes all the time, and i've heard from some people its not complete protein. Any anons have experience with crickets and other insects. Are there any negative health consequences compared to meat? where my bugbros @?????

Attached: 1520634456819.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8hylw4qVqJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wrong pic

Attached: cricket-protein-powder-100-grams.jpg (900x962, 206K)

how is peaprotein not complete protein?

also, how do you cook your crickets?

>Im currently 3 months into a plant based diet
Vegans, vegetarians etc kys

Attached: 06830E86-15B4-450D-9243-45891DCBA00A.png (600x704, 64K)

never seen pea protein ill look into it. But i was just going to buy bags of crickets online.

you are going to eat them raw?

no man you eat them roasted

You're literally going to start eating crickets instead of meat...

Attached: 210917hillary.jpg (800x420, 75K)

this is a bug protein thread

youtube.com/watch?v=8hylw4qVqJA

>vegan protein

Attached: 8A45A0F4-22B6-4AAA-9AE8-8658213AB9C5-1099-000000C1BDA4A7A7.jpg (326x451, 23K)

I don't support the way our current food systems handle and process animal products. Id rather not eat hormones and other pathogens found in antibiotic fed factory farmed meat. I would gladly eat grass fed, free range organic meat but Im a poor college student living in the city who cant afford that shit so plant based it is.

> t. doesn't understand how phytoestrogens from plants work

have you tried seitan?

should be more worried about b12 and omegas bro

Attached: yummy.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>t.have you seen my confirmation bias

>plant based is cheaper than meat
Wow what the fuck? Are you eating all organic? Those vegetables and fruits you are full of pesticides and shit that's bad for you.

For $7, I can buy a lb of organic grass bed ground beef, for another's $5 a pound of organic liver, and for $4 I can get a dozen pastured eggs. That's more nutrition and calories for a day than plant based could ever get you for $16.

Attached: E6EE4EF7-6AB8-4D66-8BFD-32C29E00E2AA-3382-000002B22E8A0EB2.jpg (988x1059, 116K)

Oats are god mode

yeah it was in the post I replied to

>not only ignorant but actually too stupid to understand comments
dear god the malnutrition has set in

I frequent some hipster farmers markets, most of my excess income goes towards food. If I were to go back to buying store produce and meat It would definitely be cheaper. Quality over quantity plus I want to live longer.

>$7 for a lb of grass fed beef

where tf do you live user?

here's what you do
you order 5kg of pea protein and 5kg of rice protein, mix it up and put it in a massive bag
you take 2 scoops of that, mix with a little water just enough to make a doughy consistency
to the dough you add a mashed banana (mash the banana in the bowl before adding protein), a pinch of salt, cinnamon, raisins, blueberries, cocoa powder, honey, peanutbutter and anything you want
it tastes like chocolate fucking mousse, I eat this everyday like twice a day
that's 50g of protein a bowl and it goes down so easy
and it's a complete protein, the hell are you on about?

>not buying from local farms and going to shit tier "high end" markets that still come from factory farming
Never gonna make it

he said he wasn't taking pea protein

Attached: angelina-jolie5.jpg (2000x1568, 162K)

>fruit and vegetables are bad for you
>you should get a lb of cholesterol instead
>it's more nutrition, trust me

Attached: nobody_At_All.jpg (208x243, 12K)

>not buying from local farms and going to shit tier "high end" markets that still come from factory farming
I just said I stopped eating meat learn what factory farming is brah.

Will probably try this thanks user

What are the essential nutrients you're getting from plants and fruits? I've never heard of an essential carbohydrate.
Meant ground beef.

>I've never heard of an essential carbohydrate.

who eats plants for the carbs?

Well, I eat local pastured meat and wild caught fish because we there's essential amino acids and essential fatty acids. What's essential nutrient2 are you getting from plants that you can't get from animals?

vitamin C for one, but I'm not really looking to get into a debate though, you can get all your vitamins in an omnivore diet. I won't deny that