Make sure you guys go to a good college Jow Forums

Make sure you guys go to a good college Jow Forums

Just got rejected hard.

>out on first date with girl
>college and career comes up, she went to Brown and is now doing shitty research in the psych department making $11 an hour.
>I went to a no name state college, work in B4 Audit for 3 yrs, 2 in FDD, now i’m An assistant controller who has a pretty good chance at CFO, as controller is retiring and CFO is tutoring me.
>I didn’t tell her that much, but the moment I gave her my college name she sort of left.
>kind of hurts bros, no matter how much I accomplish, my college choice will always haunt me.

Attached: CB8BED17-C593-45C2-A866-6B473951233C.jpg (1600x900, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>brown
>good college
She's just a dumb slut user

Is anything brown good?

Potatoes and prime rib.

potatoes are white underneath and steak starts off red until you put fire on it.

I went to a 2 year community college. I drive a beat up pickup but make Bank with my job. I use my poor appearance as a thot filter. I am single still...

If you're dating a bitch who cares more about the university you went to years ago rather than what you're doing now, she's not worth your time.

She's probably swimming in student loans anyway.

Attached: 1496036959145.jpg (521x412, 10K)

And all humans came from Africa. Educate Yourself.

But the oldest missing link was found in Europe.

dude im screwed too i got rejected from all the ivies and waitlisted from a shit ton of schools but I did end up getting a full scholarship to my state school. That's nice but if people ask I still have to say I'm going to a state school :(

Leave the coast.

Out of africa has long since been debunked friendo

>tfw b4 audit
>5th year
>not being promoted to manager, because i lack people skills
>can't transition to TS because i lack people skills
w-what would you do in this situation?

>now i’m An assistant controller who has a pretty good chance at CFO, as controller is retiring and CFO is tutoring me
dude you've got nothing to be ashamed of, thot begone.
in fact it's even more of a red flag that the girl went to brown and is making $11/hour while you're moving on up

Idk about OP but it’s the only way of life I know. It’s a blue state with a lot of spics but it is my state. My family have been on the water for generations and I am going to Mass Maritime for shipping.

I go to Brown user. There's a 99% chance you aren't missing out on anything with this girl. Keep your head up and move right along.

I didn't go to college and I work construction, while building an asset on the side. Who gives a fuck what that cunt thinks with the five braincells she has.

go back to r3ddit you overly pc faggot fuck nigger

I understand this feel. Not sure if it's an inferiority complex for not being smart/rich enough, or impostor syndrome because of my successes in spite of what college I went to.

I lie to myself in thinking that I can always go back to school for a masters/PhD in something that I genuinely love, but the reality is that I barely graduated a shitty state school and I'm too dumb to ever get accepted there, let alone a high-tier school.

It stings especially because I know Yale/Penn/etc graduates that are literal brain surgeons and high-profile television writers and other interesting professions that they got because of their talent and hard work. I just dicked around on the internet for four years.

Attached: 1359783838099.png (1200x900, 65K)

> I use my poor appearance as a thot filter.

That's a cope boyo. Have some self respect

>am single still...

Lmao looks like it's more of a general female repellant

Don't even like niggers but holly shit you retards fall for whatever makes you feel good.

Attached: IMG_3213.png (296x165, 22K)

>another rich Jow Forums fit poster accountant working in a top 4 accounting firm

its absolutely insane how everyone on this board is either a rich engineer, rich doctor, or rich accountant/investment banker

you've really not seen that?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils

That's not why she left, but I hope this thread makes you feel better

>Rotten tooth argument?
Sergio Almécija, also at George Washington University, says it is important to bear in mind that primates seem particularly prone to evolving similar features independently. “Single characters are not reliable to make big evolutionary [claims].”

Others are even more blunt. Tim White at the University of California, Berkeley, says the new research “tries to resurrect Begun’s tired argument with a long-known crappy fossil, newly scanned”.

However, Begun rejects these criticisms. “The fact is that if this specimen had been found in Africa at this age there would be much less scepticism,” he says.

The new evidence does, potentially, cast the earliest potential hominins from Africa in a new light, says John Hawks at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

He says that dental similarities have been some of the most prominent features used to argue that genera like Sahelanthropus and Ardipithecus are hominins. Finding similar dental features in a European ape suggests the features might not be indicative of hominins after all.

“We need to look again at those supposed early hominins, which really share very few features with us,” says Hawks. “I think we should consider that they might instead be part of a diversity of apes that are continuous across parts of Africa and Europe, and our real ancestry may still be undiscovered.”

So it's not even confirmed and only a maybe, a very huge maybe at best.

>Brown

You dodged a bullet

The thing i always laugh at is the retards
>STEM master race here, I already got 6 figure paycheck coming

yet they're still in school with no job or connections. It's just annoying.

STEM master race here, I already got 6 figure paycheck coming

Attached: leironicshitpostingface.png (500x500, 61K)

Went to Brown
A psych major

You didn't just dodge a bullet Neo, you hacked the matrix.
You're lucky as fuck.

I just went to big state universities

>Florida State University
>University of Maryland
>University of Texas-Austin PHDese nuts

>tfw no college degree but still make good ass money

The ivies dont offer accounting. They really are useless as far as education goes and are just a sorting hat for some employers.

I work in accounting now also, currently studying for the cpa.

My gf went to an ivy along with most of her friends. They are still having their parents pay their rents now at age 27 and still have not really have gotten into their careers.

They still think they are superior but its pretty funny consider all of their negative net worth.

If you are a tradesmen with a good salary I could maybe see her point. Couples tend to gravitate towards the same level of education regardless of the salary it brings.

You have access to the same level of knowledge that people in college have right now.
There are people on Jow Forums right now who are more learned then professors in colleges and are better at teaching that knowledge to the layperson/dumbasses around here.

It has nothing to do with education level and everything to do with snooty class related bullshit.

this belongs in Jow Forums

yeah so a female psych major from brown is like the fucking macdonald triad of being a crazy bitch. The rejection might hurt but you can console yourself with the fact that it's nothing compared to the potentially years of mental anguish you would have to deal with if you actually got anywhere

In usa i would not go to college at all if not ivy. Blank cv looks better than bad school

Attached: 1513216855514.jpg (409x409, 60K)

>But the oldest missing link was found in Europe.

Attached: truly_british.jpg (1024x640, 99K)

I got into Yale but went to McGill for financial reasons. Studied applied math. I still could barely find a job after college and work as an assistant in some shitty office with a bunch of like law enforcement majors from SUNY schools. Brown is easy as fuck so she probably just sucked dick their the entire time. If you have less than a 3.8/4.0 at brown there is something wrong with you. She's just entitled.

>Not doing a trade and making over 70k after 5 years without worrying about student loans or losing time you could have invested money with.

>girl rejects you on the basis of arbitrary choice of debt slavery factory
>you actually care about it
maybe she was right you ARE worthless

Dude there are only like seven other guys posting besides you and me lol.

Big 4 and accounting in general is a scam. We start out getting paid nothing and work crazy hours to get a liveable wage in out 30-40s. These 6 figure posters spent their entire 20s and 30s slaving away 100hours a week for 50k/year to now have the chance to work 110 hours a week to make 100k/year in their 40s.

What trade should I do?

whats more annoying engineering majors or pre-med plan to go to medical school majors

CPA and negative net worth Stacy looking down on trades man with good salary. I worked CP rail and now signed a offer with Big 3 let’s compare.

CP Rail:
No degree required
80k/year working 40 hours a week
100+++/year if you work same hours as accountant fag
Defined pension plan retire at 55
Pension 50% of avg of 3 best years
6% stock purchase plan match 1 year vest period.
Full medical and dental plan
Super easy work sitting around most of the day. Work hard for 2 hours a day.
Work with high test men shooting the shot all day.

Big 3
37k/year starting
4 years of education required before starting costing you 50k+
Pension plan is shitty 4% match rrsp
Have to stay 5 years or repay CPA costs
Have to work crazy hours
Medical and dental way worse then CP rails
Work with low test onions boys and bitchy chicks in a cramped cubical all day.

Yea accounting was really the right choice...

Sales was a good way for a guy to get his balls back and make good cash while doing it. Now all the CEOs have slashed commission rates so the salespeople no longer make what previous generations did. Sucks...it was a fun way to make a living. It’s all about Accounting, Finance, engineering and finding out the quickest way to save a buck. Things were better when we were social and didn’t have to be in our heads all day to make a living.

Hello schizophrenia/depression

Nice reddit picture.

This is peak brainlet, until you give a specific example. I fail to see how a random user WITHOUT higher education could be better learned than a college professor who specialized in the field. Take these fields for example:
>Cancer research, and the work that entails the biology/environment of the disease, and the steps needed for a anti-camcer agent
>Machine learning/deep learning at a non meme level
Yes you can learn quite a bit about a field, but without going into research or obtaining higher education/ working in the field, you know nothing about

>tfw no college
>constant feeling of impending doom

None unless you cannot get a decent gpa in college.

Lmao are u canadian

So many b4 fags here lnao

Is it really that bad? Why is it seen as such an advisable career path?

In my career (sales) you are expected to make at least 100k/yr by the time you reach late 20s. By expected I mean, the positions available after the intro cold caller ones normally go: 60-80k base salary with 110-130k if you reach your target (and you either reach it or get fired so you’re pretty much making a lot or zero ultimately).

wat? If you aren't climbing the ranks after ~4-5 years, get an MBA from a target school and land a 130k+ job at 30

>Brown
>Psychology

She’s fucking insane. You dodged a serious bullet user

>went to state school for engineering
>graduated
>applied to a few places
>got one phone interview
>super nervous, failed
currently at a grocery store, living the dream

11 bucks an hour does me pretty good brehs

>Why is it seen as such an advisable career path?
In case you haven't noticed by now, the entire education system and society in general are either based on information outdated by 60 years, or are outright lies.

What do you live off? Do you please old men for money?

t. cryptocuck

Must be bait, right? This has to be bait.

For real. That is such an east coast mentality.

I grew up in Portland, OR and this thread is so foreign to me. Nobody gives a crap about “prestigious” schools here.

Tbh that girl is not work your time if she rejected you for that . Anyone who has a career and is successful is dating material at this point.

>she went to Brown
You dodged a bullet there desu

I went to an upper-tier college and often wish I had gone to my state school instead. It truly doesn't matter that much where you went to school, and if you got a full ride it means you're smart enough to be successful wherever you go. Plus it'll be cheaper, easier, and you'll have way more fun.

Checked

the asshole of a qt

I work for a music agency making cool noises and sheeit

>yfw you think you're going to be a cfo
>but you suck so much at dating that you blame your college
>then you go on a fitness board to blog about your date and humblebrag about your job
jesus

sage and reported

> That's a cope boyo. Have some self respect.

"Success" in 2018 is how much nice things you can have on a credit card while living paycheck to paycheck instead of living an easy life within your means.

>Thinking it matters where you go to college

All the undergrad professors are fresh off the boat from Kenya or India or something, barely speak English and have no teaching experience anyway so you'll just end up learning the material on your own.

I was warned in HS that's how it would be but I was so spoiled by teachers that actually cared it was still a shell shock how these people were even hired by the university. I had a calculus professor that I swear to god could not understand English if you spoke it to him.

I dropped out and now work in IT and am a lot more satisfied with my career choice.

Attached: Reviewbrah_killer_queen.jpg (539x784, 63K)