Straps or nah?

Straps or nah?

Attached: meme arrow straps meme arrow sumo meme arrow fat.webm (406x720, 2.8M)

I don't use straps but my diddly isn't that high.
I'm going to avoid using all kind of assistance until I have no choice, because I want to train my grip strength

I hook grip every deadlift up to and including my max which is 225kg. I only use straps for snatch-grip variations, rack pulls and sometimes pause deadlifts when my thumbs are hurting too much.

Nay, ditch the straps. Work on your grip strength.

What if grip strength isn't a problem?

if grip strength isn't a problem you wouldn't need straps

Why not just use alternating hands?
I used to use straps but now I just alternate hands on diddlys

Increased risk of bicep tears.

My thumbs don't much appreciate hook grip and I start using straps at pretty heavy weight, basically up to and including my final warm up

>My thumbs don't much appreciate hook grip
Welcome to the club. Stop being a pussy and just do it

that's fair, go ahead internet macho points are not actually worth anything

Thats not an issue if you keep your arms straight

wat

I mean they don't like big boy weight ;)

I don't go to the gym to look cool, so I'll use straps when my grip strength is no longer sufficient for my deadlift weight.

Grip strength is an issue if you have to resort to straps or hook. Get to the point where you can DOH your heavy deads. It's difficult, but not impossible.

Or you can ditch the straps and train your weakest link.

suck my pusy daddy

Use straps if you arent competing, no reason to lose feeling in your thumbs because some power lifting phaggot thinks it makes you more badass

I'm convinced powerlifters just want everyone else to feel their pain

i warm-up at 60kg x5 and 100kg x5 without straps then do my max at 170-180kg x5 with straps followed by a 100kg x5 set without again

basically i don't let my bitch grip hinder my DL improvement when my back and legs can lift much more than my hands, but i don't ignore grip strength either

i've done mixed grip before and i've tried hook grip, but i'm not a big fan of either

>100kg to 180kg

seems wise

Straps are such a fucking joke it's embarassing. If you cant pull without straps, you cant pull it at all with your cheating ass fairy shit

Fucking griplets need to kill themselves.

My grip is fine but my forearm tendons hurt after deadlifting

what do?

haven't fucked up my back yet, did sprain a muscle a while back while doing 175kg squats though, i should probably add another warm-up set in at around 140kg

How good is it to do weightlifting in wrestling shoes? I still have my pair.