Routines

Anyone have that Jow Forums guide to intermediate/advanced lifting programs? Need something to move on from Phraks Greyskull LP

Attached: OUcEY.png (547x465, 47K)

Posting for reference

Attached: Gc7XG.png (430x363, 35K)

What can I replace barbell rows with in this program?

curls/skullcrushers

The Bridge

Can I just do dips and then curls/skulls at the end for my accessories? I thought you weren't supposed to do "pull" things like rows on deadlift days so I've just been doing chins on squat days and rows on deadlift days, and curls every workout for sets of 10. Is fine?

Hey OP, what did you think of this routine? Made any decent aesthetic gains? Was thinking between this or the Jow Forums version

I have both of them saved, not sure which one you want though

Attached: 1522887516786.png (2143x1912, 768K)

DB rows, pullups, pulldowns, seated row

rate my current routine though...
xABABAx

A
Squat
Bench/OHP
Pendlay Rows
Dips
Pull-ups

B
Deadlift
Bench/OHP
Curls

Attached: Effective Lifting Program Compilation.jpg (2544x1850, 1.79M)

r8
"stripped" 5x5
A
Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Shoulder Press
B
Goblet Squat
Bench Press
Pull-ups/Chin-ups

Thoughts on

A1:
Upper push movement1, high intensity
Upper push movement2, moderate volume
Upper push movement3, for pump
Lower push movement1, high intensity

B1:
Upper pull movement1, high intensity
Upper pull movement2, moderate volume
Upper pull movement3, for pump
Lower pull movement1, high intensity

A2:
Upper push movement1, moderate volume
Upper push movement2, for pump
Upper push movement3, high intensity
Lower push movement1, moderate volume

B2:
Upper pull movement1, moderate volume
Upper pull movement2, for pump
Upper pull movement3, high intensity
Lower pull movement1, moderate volume

A3:
Upper push movement1, for pump
Upper push movement2, high intensity
Upper push movement3, moderate volume
Lower push movement1, for pump

B3:
Upper pull movement1, for pump
Upper pull movement2, high intensity
Upper pull movement3, moderate volume
Lower pull movement1, for pump

Where:
A1B1A2B2A3B3rest
High intensity, likely main lifts, 3x5
Moderate volume, likely main lift variation, 3x8-12
Pump, assistance/isolation. Optionally, supersetted, 3x15-20

bump for interest

pls help with my routine. it's based on a weekly 5/3/1 cycle

the compound lifts total 11 sets and one single
bar, warmup warmup warmup working working working single back off backoff backoff

the accessories are a 6-10 system. if i get 10 reps the weight goes up, less than 6 and it goes down. each accessory is 4 sets

squat 3s
leg press
hyper extensions
ab curls
calf raises

bench 3
ohp 3
back row
Chin ups
Lying triceps extensions
curls
wrist curls

squat 5s
Deadlift 3s
ab curls
leg press
calf raises

bench 5
ohp 5
back row
Chin ups
Lying triceps extensions
curls
wrist curls

squat 5/3/1
leg press
hyper extensions
ab curls
calf raises

bench 5/3/1
ohp 5/3/1
back row
Chin ups
Lying triceps extensions
curls
wrist curls

is that enough accessories considering the amount of volume i'll be doing on the main lifts? 11 sets including the warm up and back off sets.

oh and i plan to run 500mg of test for 16 weeks on this program as well

too little pulling volume for how much pushing you're doing.
squats and deads on the same day.
Your routine is all over the place. How about doing a proven routine that is balanced around all lifts?

this is literally from beyond 5/3/1 just with some more accessories.

I could split the squat and dead day into two days. what other pulls should i do? chins curls rows and deadlifts, what else? i'm reading it again now to see if i fucked anything up

Honest question: have there ever been serious studies comparing the effects of doing multiple sets of the same exercise before moving on to the next movement VS changing movement after every set (like circuit training but without time as a factor), with both systems containing the same amount of total sets and reps for each movement?

There have been extensive studies indicating that anyone that does circuit training in the weights room is a massive faggot and general dick.

Whats good if i only can go to gym Monday and Wednesday?

Yeah I was told by some of my mates that this was the most simple yet effective routine and it really shows. Small weight increase low volume leads to huge strength gains over the initial period. I've passed that initial period now and am looking for more volume, but I defo recommend it.

Thanks, this was the one

Be honest with me bros

I am 6ft 1 25 year old man with hypothyroidism that weighs 289lbs at the moment, I want to be slim and muscular.

I have done a bit of research and decided to do this workout 4 days a week with cardio:

Monday - Shoulders and Biceps
Standing Military Press: 5/3/1
Dumbbell Military Press: 4x12
Side and Rear Laterals: 4x12
Barbell Curls: 4x12
Preacher Curls: 4x10

Tuesday - Back
Deadlift: 5/3/1
Bent Over Rows: 4x12
Chin Ups: 4x10
Good Mornings: 4x10
Hanging Leg Raises: 4x12

Wednesday - Chest and Triceps
Bench Press: 5/3/1
Weighted Dips: 4x10
Dumbbell Flyes: 4x12
Triceps Pushdowns: 5x20
Push Ups: 4xFailure

Thursday - Legs and Abs
Squat: 5/3/1
Leg Press: 5x15
Leg Curls: 5x15
Leg Extensions: 4x12
Ab Wheel: 4x12

I'll only be eating 1500 calories with it majorly being meat and vegetables with some dairy, what do you guys think?

Might try this Candito Linear Programme

its essentially Heavy Lower, Heavy Upper, Hypertrophy Lower, Hypertrophy Upper

i cant upload the fucking screenshot of the programme for some reason

bump

looks like way too much volume for someone with thyroidism. The tiredness will make you less motivated during sets.

I suggest doing OP's routine remembering that you still gotta do a fuckton of warmup sets so the volume is sufficient.

This
Also you could do nsuns 531 or sheiko. Lots of other shit like 531 BBB, cube method, juggernaught, etc are nice but those 2 will give best results if you can make the time.

would it make me strong and aesthetic naked though?

>3 days a week
>low amount of volume
>not 4x8 sets

Yes, it's designed to help you become a pro at the basic muscle movements. The idea is stick to a program like this for 3 months (strictly one program, don't program hop) and after 3 months when your gains slow you move on to a complex program.

In those initial 3 months you see huge strength gains. It's only when the gains slow that you move on to more volume

You must be new here.

Isn't 1500 too little for that routine + cardio for your height?
I mean, you could always make small adjustments, but try to get enough fuel for your workouts if not you'll hate it really fast.

Why move to another program? This seems complex enough, won't this get my body where I want it to be?

I'm obese at 289lbs, I have no choice if I want to lose weight.

you must not want gains fast

I went from this to 5/3/1 for beginners when I hit intermediate lifts. I'm enjoying the volume.

this is probably bait but you know the OP is a strength gain program right lol

if you're this unironically retarded Google greyskull and buy the book. or starting strength. Or literally any beginner LP written by weightlifters.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do or what not to do, but the workout in OP has all of the basic muscle movements used in weightlifting and still looks completely simple and easy to follow.

you can do your own program if you like but I can't say if it is easy to stay committed to or not.

rate

Push

3x5 Bench
3x5 OHP
3x8 Incline Bench
3x12 Lateral Raises
3x12 rope pushdowns
3x12 overhead extensions
3xF whatever I feel like doing abs for that day, usually some kind of crunch

Pull

1x5 Deadlift
3x12 Shrugs
3x8 Cable Rows
3x8 Face Pulls
3xF Pull ups
3xF Chin ups
3x20 Landmine Twists
4x12 standing EZ bar curls

Legs

4x5 back squat
5x10 calf raises
3x10 leg extensions superset with leg curls

forgot to mention I do PPLPPLx

All I want is to go on the best program that I can stick with for the rest of my life that will get me strong and look sexy naked.

There has to be a program for that surely.

looks good. try doing weighted pull ups/chin ups, and maybe do abs on leg day (works easier for me)

If you're a beginner you can't have the same program as a dude who's been lifting for a couple of months, unfortunately. I used to feel the same way but honestly you notice the difference after doing a beginner LP for 4 months then doing an intermediate LP for 4 months (instead of doing the intermediate straight away)

I suggest buying a beginner LP book like starting strength, or you can read it online for free I think.

Follow the 5Cs.
Calisthenics
Cardio
"Curlbro" workout
Calorie Control
Chilling out(learning to deal with stress)

>not having a home gym

Monday mourning
>Incline bench/The press™-5x5(Volume)
>Bench-3x5

Monday night
>Power Clen-5-8x3
>Snatch grip high pull-5x5
>Face pulls-5x10

Wednesday mourning
>Incline bench/The press™-3x5
>Diddly-1x5

Wednesday night
>Weighted chins-3x6
>Weighted dips-3x6
>some bicep/arm fluff&pump

Friday mourning
>Incline bench/The press™-3x3(Heavy)
>Weighted dips-3x8 (lighter than wednesday)

Friday night
>Power Clen-5-8x3
>Snatch grip high pull-5x5
>Face pulls-5x10

Saturday
>Weighted chins-3x6 (heavier than wednesday)
>some bicep/arm fluff&pump

I use to go to the gym for months but im still skinny af and weak. (15in arms, 80kg 1m85)
Would you recommand SS SL ICF or candito program in order to get stronger and put overrall mass?

SS+GOMAD if mass is what you're looking for

Im not new here to fall into the gomad meme.
I was just genuinely asking for a good program before starting a retarded 5days split like everyone.

its not a meme, you'll gain alot off mass

Whats the rippetoe recommendation on rest times between sets on SS?

working out for strength is working out to be small, or fat

Just greyskull LP. Out of the ones u mentioned SS is the best.

Also eat high protein/carb meals that are easy to force down your throat when you're not hungry; oatmeal, porridge, soup, full fat milk, liquidy healthy shit.

When it says alternating, what does it mean? Does it mean if I do Ohp day one I bench day 2? Or I switch between ohp and bench day 1 per set?

The first one. Ohp one day for the prescribed reps and sets, bench the next.

it means always do OHP and row on the same day (or bench press and row, your choice) and vice versa with chinups.

example:
Monday week 1 - bench press, chin up, squat. Friday is the same.

Monday week 2 - OHP, row, squat. Friday is now this.

personally I did OHP and rows same day and bench press with chinups but it doesn't matter.

Does size equals strenght? I mean I am weak as fuck, but my ultimate goal is to fill my shirts, I read all the time that ppl on SS look like shit afterwards

Good thanks. The second option sounded super wonky so I wanted to make sure.

Does deadlifts 1x5 really mean I'm supposed to only do it five times? People at the gym are giving me weird looks for just doing the one set.

Also, I'm fairly certain my form is correct, but it's giving me a stinging pain in my lower back. Does that mean I should decrease weight or what?

>welcome to Jow Forums

No, it means work your way up but your maximum weight is only one set. Always do loads of warmup sets.

If it was 3x5 then you'd do warmups then 3 sets of max weight, but deadlifts are too straining for this,

notice how this workout has a push, a pull and a legs on each day. it's basically a really simplistic full body workout.

That'd explain the way it's killing my lower back. Thanks for clearing that up for me, user.

What were you just going straight to your max?

Looks highly autistic. Would be easier to have dedicated heavy and dedicated light days If you're asking if your routine is good you shouldn't be cycling. You're not advanced enough
Shitty bro split. If you want to do 4 days do Upper lower upper lower.

Your thougjts on madcow guys?

What if I wanr to include accessories? Thinking RDL, Zercher squats, shrugs. Do I just do them after?

Anyone ever do Tunas 3 day split

Has anybody got Quad's push/pull? I liked the simple look of it, then brilliantly forgot to save the image.

Would an Upper Lower 5 days a week work?

M- Upper
T- Lower
W- Upper
T- Lower
F- Upper

How long should I stay on phraks gslp for? Been doing it for 4 months so far

Is there really a reason to stop? I'd think you can stay with it for a considerable time

This is my routine. Pls no bully

Workout A

Squats
3 sets of 8-10 reps.
Bench Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps.
Rows
3 sets of 8-10 reps.
Triceps Press Downs
1 set of 10-12 reps.
Calf Raises
1-2 sets of 10-12 reps.

Workout B

Deadlifts
3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Pull-Ups (or Lat Pull-Downs)
3 sets of 8-10 reps
Overhead Shoulder Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps.
Biceps Curls
1 set of 10-12 reps.
Abs
1-2 sets of 10-12 reps.

honest question: why do people think GSLP is better than SS? isn’t it nearly the exact same program but with slower weight increase and less squatting (also no power cleans)

Because there comes a point where the slower weight increases aren't an issue and you don't need to squat 3 times a week.