Ive started doing 30 minutes of walking and 20 push ups + 20 sit ups a day...

ive started doing 30 minutes of walking and 20 push ups + 20 sit ups a day, how long should i keep this up before joining the gym?

Attached: image.jpg (650x390, 80K)

when you can fit through the door

You should just join now and you know you should. Gym memberships are so damn cheap bro, don't play yourself

i used to go to the gym a bit before but i recently moved and the closest gym is like $23 (aus) a week, so i wanted to build up a bit of base strength and fitness before going again. (or does that just sound stupid)

20 pushups lol

Attached: 1522980910188.jpg (500x500, 42K)

With only that much to do, a really really really long time. I dunno how over/under weight you are, or if you’re just skinny fat, but if you’re anything average you really need to do way more than that for any strength gains. There’s simply not enough work being done on you’re muscle with only 20 reps of pushups/situps a day to do any sort of productive stimulus. Do more than 1 set, add in other excersises like pike pushups, jump squats, inverted rows, pullup/chinups, diamond pushups, cycling crunches, leg raises. Anything. Or just don’t wait and go to a gym now.

Doesn’t matter what you do, just do more than 20/20 and think “yeah that’s good enough”

yeah that's fucking stupid

You don't even need to just work up to doing 100 pushups 1000 sit ups and add 100 squats and turn from walking to running 10km do this every single day for three years consistently and you will become all-powerful

>no pull ups
That is why you're never gonna make it

Almost a month, but kick it up a notch every so often for that month before you go.

godda start somewhere
im 6ft and 80kgs and i was considering doing this for about a month before joining and gradually increasing the reps

>23$ a WEEK
That gym better have a fucking rollercoaster and a water park in there

Attached: 1523473495157.png (540x718, 293K)

yeah it's pretty messed up, its just been built and has brand new equipment and an indoor pool, but my last gym had all that and was 12 a week

Damn son. That's steep. I pay $5 USD a month for mine.

WHAT, man im getting ripped off big time.

Even this is still nothing for even a start. Its like a 3 day warm up tops. 20 reps a day for a month will do absolutely nothing for you. It will barely even fet you ready for the gym if at all

honestly if thats all your doing unless your a woman you need to step it up. If that is all you are doing you need to maximize up to 100's of pushups, 100's of situps. Calisthenics is what you want to do before lifting.

What about when your arms start making that weird clicking noise?

I know im asking really nooby questions but can you recommend a good out of gym workout routine?
i try to do more reps but my left arm always gives even though my right has no trouble at all

You have any injuries you said your 6 ft and kgs?? wtf im ameritard kek

OP ignore all these tryhards.

You do whatever the fuck you want and keep adding on to hit your limits, that's how muscle is built.

no injuries, haven't even broken a bone, 80kgs is about 176 pounds

>20 push ups
Try this routine atleast.

Attached: 1518589980166.jpg (1562x4158, 922K)

O fuck son, you got lots of work to do. You definitely need to step it up if you cant do them do bulldogs or do pushups like a girl do them until you feel like your fucking arms are going to fall off. You should do as many as possible, start 25 if not that 15, do 15 and take a break do as many sets of 15 as possible if you cant do 12 or 10 when you cant do that do 8 or 6 when you cant do that 4 or 2. then drop to other assisted/helped pushups. Theres nothing wrong with it we all start somewhere.

Attached: 1401404920626.jpg (306x306, 37K)

This looks good thanks
Okay sweet so i basically just keep doing push ups until i cant do a single girl push up anymore?

Easy: pullups/chinups, fromt levers, leg raises, hanging leg raises, pike pushups, wall handstand pushups, diamond pushups, archer pushups, planche pushups, one arm pushups, single legged squats, jump squats, lunges, calf raises, cycling crunches, flutter kicks, figure 8’s, twisting pistons, butt ups. The list of home work outs goes on and on and on...

Really if you willing to put the time and effort into learning different bodyweight workouts you don even need a gym, you can just stick with calisthenics. Thats not to say some stuff like a chinup bar canbe skipped (its hard to work biceps and lats without)
I know you can do it regardless if you choose to go to gym or not, you just gotta make your muscles work harder than what you’re currently (or planning on) doing

Personally I like to do 4 sets of 6 for heavy exercises if that gives you a ballpark idea to work with, but just fine tune to whatever suites you

If you can't afford a gym, google for a proper calisthenics program and "Couch to 5k". Jog every other day and do calisthetics every other. A simple chin-up bar you can get dirt cheap and you're pretty much set, unless there's a part where where you can work out.

Do excercises like chin-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, jump squats, pistol squats (you need to work your way up to these!), hanging leg raises, dips (these will also be hard at first). Add some burpees for cardio when you can jog a 5k (google "burpee challenge").

Keep increasing the number of sets and reps.

That's fucking stupid. The whole point of going to the gym is to build strength. Stop putting it off and start going.

join the gym yesterday faggot

You gotta keep going!

What's the proper way to do a push up, Jow Forums?

I'm not too much of a fatass, but the way I'm doing it my wrists will hurt. Don't mind the pain, but don't want to fuck up my wrists. I've looked up videos on form but some of them contradict each other. Pls help.

Do you do flat bench press? I just do it like that

>$23 (aus) a week

Attached: WCAVhm1.png (1366x768, 920K)

That's what I've been doing, basically.

fpbp. why are we still talking to this /fat/ escapee?