How much of a calorie deficit is too much? Is there anything wrong with cutting on -1000 a day?

How much of a calorie deficit is too much? Is there anything wrong with cutting on -1000 a day?

Attached: 150928165181056.gif (243x400, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my nofap

the main problem with cutting that much is that you will lose more muscle that way than if you cut slowly

don't go any lower than -500

Only eat healthy shit when you're genuinely hungry in addition to drinking plenty of water and you barely have to count calories.

When I cut to 1000 kcal a day I get cold hands.
Guess its low blood sugar.

MILKERS

Hormones in milk are b-

Don't sweat the small stuff. If your deficit is 530 you're fin you won't die.

That big of a deficit is fine, just make sure you're getting enough protein. If you're significantly overweight, aim for 1g of protein per pound of your goal bodyweight, if you're not that overweight, eat 1g protein per pound of your current bodyweight. Eat lots of tuna, chicken, and cottage cheese if you don't do protein powder, theyb have a higher protein content calorie for calorie.

you lose fat in a faster amount of time. so it doesnt matter in the long run.

>lose 1kg of muscle in 2 months
>lose 1kg of muscle in 4 months
at least after the 2 months you can go back to bulking again

just fast

MILK TRUCK JUST ARRIVE

You'll lose more fat quicker, but you'll also lose more muscle than you would on a lower deficit, so I guess it depends on how eager you are to get rid of the fat.

god I wish that were me

cutting on small deficits is a complete meme made up for fat women

Do bodyweight exercises or just straight up lift, you'll still lose muscle on a huge deficit but this will help negate it as much as possible.

cutting back on caffeine should help

This, and there's really not much evidence that you even lose that much as long as you maintain volume and keep your protein intake high. Better to cut quickly and then get back to gainz.

-1000 below TDE? Doable, it's what I'm doing now. Had myself body pod measured before and after the last one, I lost 1% lean mass and 8% body fat (about 10 pounds) in about 5 weeks. 1000 kcal cut, intermittent 16:8 Intermittent fast, and a protein macro aiming for at least 1.5g/kg. Wasn't as strict as I could have been.

But I don't drink coffee or eat any caffeine foods.

Fasting is the best option for losing weight and maintaining muscle since you remain anabolic (as opposed to calorie restriction which causes catabolism)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

That is gross

Starvation mode is real and it kicks in when you eat at a massive caloric defecit.
A 1000 calorie defecit every day will slow your metabolism hardcore and fuck you up.
If you want to lose weight quickly (I assume you would since you're considering a 1000 kcal defecit) you should just fast.
Fasting > Caloric defecit of ~500 >>> Caloric defecit of 1000+

Find out the avg amount of carbs you eat or set a number, say 250g. Now cut 30-40g every two weeks. It’ll be easier to keep track if you meal prep and weigh or measure the food. If you’re serious about getting ripped then do this. If you’re 15%+ bf and just want to lose some then I’d say eat fats and carbs separately and eat quality carbs instead of breads and pastas.

>caffeine foods

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

day 6 here bro doing it for the test boost and to rid myself of degenerate thoughts

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 8K)

>chocolate
>soft drinks
>tea

Fucking memes ruining all these people

i thought "breads and pastas" were the quality carbs... as opposed to monosaccharides.

what carbs are even better than those? oats i assume, i hear lots of praise on them but what else?

>soft drinks & tea
>food

but there's chocolate with caffeine??

>caffeine foods.

>food
>beverage
>beverage

i've been keto-cutting on -1000 since january 2nd
lost 11kg, my strength is still the same, chest still 46"
so its easily possible without losing muscle

>chocolate
Doesn't contain caffeine.
>soft drinks
Not food.
>tea
Not food.
Fucking dumbass.

Just do OMAD and eat a little under maintenance if you really want to get cut
It sounds hard at first but after a day or two it's fine

I run an almost 3000 calorie deficit per day. I've lost over 75 lbs on my bench. You lost strength, but i'm going more into endurance sports, plus job is just too physical. I eat an almost all fat6 based diet, and honestly energy is fine, feel great but yes you will lose strength bigly.

Christ sorry for horrendous grammar. I don't think your going to notice any real differance at 500 calories though.

I cut on a 1700-2000 calorie diet while lifting 5 times a week and doing cardio 4-6 times a week.

I've never noticed significant muscle loss and my lifts are slightly increasing while cutting.

god I wish that were me