Can you get big from just using machines?

Can you get big from just using machines?
My dad is the manager of local soccer team and their gym is in the building which is 3 minute walk from my house.
I can use it for free but it has no free weights for whatever reason but has a lot of machines:
Chest press machine,Row machine, Shoulder Press machine, Leg Press. Also has a machine that can be switched between chest fly and rear delt fly which i like and has a decline sit up bench and a back extension bench thing.

What I am wondering is can I build muscle by doing a routine involving all these machines. I don't want to have no stabiliser muscles or something and end up snapping my shit so just wondering what the effects would be versus barbell routine.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 14.33.55.png (495x667, 435K)

Yes.

Absolutely, I do the Body By Science routine and it only uses machines (you can find a free pdf of it on archive dot org)

not him but I have the book. I dont believe it would actually give results. Seems too chickenshit.
Have you just started or can you post physique?
I half ass tried it once or twice and you can barely use any weight.

Not sure you're talking about the same book. Chickenshit? Barely any weight? It's the highest intensity protocol out there, you literally lift to true failure (positive, static, and negative) every single set with no rest periods. It's absolute brutality.

he suggests doing something like 15-20 seconds long reps. going that slow and controlled I found I had to lower the weight to an almost laughable amount. Yes I went to failure but when its from a 35lb(or whatever) cable row it felt like I was accomplishing nothing

Phil heath is known for doing most of his work without free weights and mostly machines so he doesnt injure or whatever pussy reason so i guess you will be fine

Is time under tension really that important?

I dunno man. I didnt follow the book because it reminded me of people that lift light weight for a million reps. Only difference they do 1/4 million reps but really slow.

just seemed wanky to me. I'd love to hear some success stories with it though. Maybe with some pics.

>tfw to intelligant to use free weights

why that dude's head so wrinkly

But yeah, sure, of course you can. Might not be as effective as a full body barbel program, but fuck it. It's free and you should be in this for the long haul. Add in some bodyweight stuff to fill in the gaps and hit your little stabilizer muscles.

>1/4 million reps
The protocol is that if it takes longer than 90-120 seconds to reach true failure you increase the weight. At a 10 second up 10 second down cadence that'd be 5-6 reps.

inb4 a Jason Blaha aficionado comes in and tells him "no"

ill re-read the book. I must be an idiot.
Still, seems like half-assing when im lifting such low weight when i know I can lift way more if i do the reps regular.

Or is this the difference between lifting for strength vs hypertrophy?

Pill Heath is on mega roids. Jay Cutler, too. Hypertrophy is a different game when you're natty

Quit citing this bullshit ya knob, someone might listen

Post body little man

>Armed Robbery
>Only five years.

Maybe he was just stealing birthday cake and held them up with a plastic spoon

Yeah you can. Most important thing for getting bigger is eating more desu.

Attached: muhdream.jpg (600x697, 54K)

If you're worried about stabilizers, why not do some bodyweight exercises to round yourself out?

Plea bargaining, no doubt

Put it this way, doing a workout and of 100% machines is better than doing no workout at all because you're unmotivated to spend $ or travel 30 mins to the nearest gym with free weights. The most important thing is getting your ass in to the gym, everything else comes secondary