I'm 6'1 and 235 LBS and I need to get down to at least 180 in 4 months

I'm 6'1 and 235 LBS and I need to get down to at least 180 in 4 months.

Is this even possible?

Attached: DamT05CXUAAyT1m.jpg (886x672, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Run every second day. Count your calories. Eat somewhere between -500 and -1000.

You will feel like shit. You will hate your life. You will lose a shitton of weight.

Possible. Yes

Safe? No idea. Probably not

Why do you need to lose the weight?

>Why does someone fat need to lose weight

Gotta look good as fuck.

Don’t eat anything for 6 weeks.

idk why but just the way you spaced that advice out was motivational as fuck brah

I agree that you should lose weight

Being lean is awesome, and you should do it. But I worry that it's a little too short of a timeline. That's like 14 pounds a month. You could probably do it, but I feel like 10 pounds a month would be more reasonable and healthy. I mean, I'm just a clueless Jow Forums user, but that was my first thought. 10 pounds a month is still pretty quick for someone who isn't morbidly obese

Eat absolutely no refined sugar. Eat nothing that is deep fried. Stop eating simple carbs like shitty bread or lots of potatoes. Potatoes aren't great but, they are okay in moderation. Stop eating breaded things. Stop eating any kind of candy. Don't put sugar in your coffee. Eat an apple before you eat breakfast. They are filling as fuck. Stop adding so much butter to your food (so many calories. I don't shy away from butter personally, but it's bad for losing weight quickly)

You can do it, user

I need to lose atleast 20 pounds for the military. Feels bad, boss

get a shitload of DNP and push it to the limit, you can do it if you don't die first

Any amount of weighloss is possible, but your hormones get pretty fucked and you lose massive amounts of muscle if you lose weight too fast.

Idk how true this is, but I read somewhere that the walls of the heart of anorexic chicks start to break down to supply energy and it can cause serious heart problems. Don't fuck yourself up. Do it right.

Also. Exercise most days. If you exercise any less than most days, it's easy to slip out of the habit of it and forget how awesome it makes you feel.

Honestly, if you do it at a quick but sustainable rate and start getting more Jow Forums and healthy you will start feeling so much better that you won't even give a fuck anymore about whatever kind of thing you're worried about in september. I cannot even begin to explain how much happier and more energetic and confident you will feel when you start eating healthy and exercising properly. It's some magical shit.

You will have terrible food cravings for like 1 or 2 weeks at most if you go cold turket and start eating healthy as fuck asap. After 1 or 2 weeks you will wonder why you ever ate like shit in the first place. But jump right in. If you half-ass it, you will keep craving junk. You will not miss the junk if you dive right in. But for the love of god, eat tasty healthy food. Not all healthy food has to taste bad.

How do I loose weight in my thighs and ass region? I gained about 40 pounds this past 4 months (150-190), but most of that weight went to my ass and thighs I think. My program says I should run once a week, will that be enough to get rid of the weight in those areas? Thanks.

You can't choose where you body chooses to take it's energy from. Your fat cells just breakdown and rease sugars into your bloodstream that travel to muscles.

What you're taking about is called the myth of spot weight loss. It's not really something you can control. It's just genetic. As you lose weight, you'll lose weight everywhere, but perhaps at different rates in different body parts. When you start getting really lean you'll probanly be really lean everywhere.

To some extent it's determined by estrogen and testosterone (why chicks have dat ass and dem hips and dads have guts), but it's pretty complex and there are way more factors than that.

Basically, just don't worry about fat in certain areas. It will eventually disappear. Just evaluate your weightloss based on actual bodyweight and bodyfat percentage. You can't control the fat distribution. Exercising your legs can lead to more fat loss in your gut than legs. Exercising your arms can suck up energy from your legs. It's a systemic things that varies person to person

thanks for the in-depth reply user. I haven't really started running since I started working out, I'm planning to incorporate running once it gets a bit warmer up here. Fingers crossed once I start I can lose weight in those areas though, I feel like my ass has doubled in volume since I started working out and I'm not sure what to think of that.

You don't have to run, you can do whatever kinds of cardio you want. Running is great, but so is biking and swimming and lots of other things. When it comes to cardio, just pick whatever you personally enjoy the most (can be lots of things simulatenously) and do it a lot. Although running is, of course, a great option. I would recommend doing cardio once every 2 days at the least. It sounds like a lot at first, but it really isn't. It sounds counterintiutive, but it's way mentally easier to run every 2 days than to run once a week. Running once a week requires way more motivation because it's not as habit-forming.

It's also important to remember that exercising lots is actually easy as fuck. We aren't very impressive for doing it. It's just a habit, and it's super easy to maintain as long as you keep at it for ling enough to develop a habit and see results and start feeling better.

Personally, I'm getting into cycling again recently. I've been really liking it. I haven't done it since I was a kid, but it's been really good exercise and fun. The fucking winter is finally leaving here

And you will definitely lose ass weight. It might be more stubborn than belly fat or maybe not, but it will definitely start to go away eventually. You don't see skinny ethiopians with fat asses. When you're lean enough you'll be lean almost everywhere.

6'1 235 is a slayer, why aren't you muscular at that weight?

Also, for the love of god, do not let Jow Forums discourage you. It can have really negative impacts on self esteem for some people because of the constant barrage of abnormally fit people and superior people. It's important to take Jow Forums in moderation. I'm not even kidding. Don't compare your progress to anyone else, and don't take Jow Forums too seriously. Just focus on your improvement.

I know that warning probably sounds really fucking stupid, but I'm serious. Too much Jow Forums and not enough real world interaction can make you feel insecure, even if you're already lean and jacked and getting mires. It warps your head.

But seriously, you can make it. You can. Lots of other people have. You're no different. Just gotta put the effort in. And it's not really effort anyway when you get in the swing of things

Jow Forums is the most positive productive board

Is this the power of being a chad?

Why does this board have a sticky when no one reads it

Yes

This. OP, read the sticky at the top of the main Jow Forums page. It's worth it if you haven't read it yet. It tackles a lot of myths and misconceptions and stuff

try the tibetan monk method.
>get a gallon of gasoline
>douse yourself with it, preferably outside of a police station
>set yourself on fire
>feel the burn and watch the fat just melt away

Commit to a full water fast from now till then or till you hit your desired weight.
Do a fast paced walk (that makes you sweat) for at least 30 minutes everyday (this will maximize muscle retention)
I can provide science and lecture links if you so wish

>science
Fuck it, ill provide at least one:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

>I'm 6'1 and 235 LBS and I need to get down to at least 180 in 4 months.
>Is this even possible?
Yes. Cut off a leg, that's going down to 180 in one hour.