Honestly, how long did it take you to bench 2 plates?

Honestly, how long did it take you to bench 2 plates?

I've been doing a lot of research and found that a lot of people take over 2 years, some even three+, and then there are guys who were already in good shape before the gym and managed to do it after only a few months.

Attached: onion god.jpg (3024x4032, 649K)

daily reminder that if you don't hit 1/2/3/4 on your first run of a linear progression program you're never going to make it

according to the SS book itself, you are full of shit. you shouldn't hit 1/2/3/4 on SS unless you are fat as fuck

The thing about bench press is that it really helps to put on weight, be it muscle or fat, for it to increase.

I reached 2 plates after about year but then had a 25lbs cut, and never gained much weight since then, and didn’t focus much on it because of shoulder injury, so 1 year later it’s still around 2pl8.

I’m doing working sets of weight higher than my bodyweight so thats cool I guess.

>be me 191cm, 103kg chubbster/fat ass.
>decide to start gyming for the first time in my life.
>at the gym for the first time in my life.
>put 2 20kgs pl8s on each side of full sized olympic barbell.
>do 4x5.
>MFW.

Attached: 1.png (560x407, 80K)

things that never ever happened for 500 alex

putting your bench up too fast leads to injury huh?

>actually thinking this was believable

Attached: big_1471422804_image.jpg (1280x722, 110K)

How much is 1 plate even? Why dont you autists use kg like everybody else?

1 plate is 20kg
>muh 45lbs
1 bar is 20kg

No imagine my surprise coming to fit and reeeeeading you pathetic 16yo, 50kgs twinks can't hit 1/2/3/4 in 2 years...

I had cancer

2 years is the average time m8, some people start from a really weak position and some people are strong before they work out at the gym

The worst was a semi professional rugby player who deadliftied 3 plates his first time, 4 plates the first month, and withing 3 month 5 plates and claimed other people just weren't trying hard enough. the cunt had been doing strength training since he was 12

wouldn't you know it he snapped his back up within a year of lifting becasue he wasn't doing the movements right

I believe my poor form was a bigger cause, not really sure though, might not have been caused by BP at all.

I've been going to the gym for about 4 months now and currently bench 5x95 kg. I still look like shit though, I always thought once I reach 2 plate bench I'd actually look decent

It's an awkward thing, because you generally don't practice 1rm, which is a bit of a skill in of itself, but if you go off of 1rm estimators, it puts you at 5 repping about 195lbs. That's absolutely doable on your first novice linear progression. I'd admit, it's a little tough on SS, because it doesn't have you do enough pressing. And you'll probably move on because you've hit a wall with squat and/or DL. A big part of it is genetics, and where you are at from the start. If you're some 55kg twink that can't even BP the bar, than you might not ever really hit 225. But if you are average sized, and semi active, you can probably start benching at 95lb, and go up 10lb a week for a month, then 5 lbs a week for another month or 2 before you even start hitting a plateau, and that puts you at around 195 5x5 at month 3. Granted, that's pretty much best case, but even people who progress slower can get there at 6 months. I'd say with young males, hitting a 225lb BP is like a mean of 6 months with an SD of 1 month, meaning that about 9/10 of them will hit it by 9 months. If you don't you in the bottom 10% and have shit genetics, sorry. Lift for fun, but have no delusions of competing.

Nah That's Bullshit. A 2 plate bench is really unimpressive to anyone who actually lifts. But if you're going for size, just DB press. Way more comfortable when you get the form down and hits your chest and triceps way harder.

5ft 9. 82kg. 35
Been training SL since Oct 2017.
Lifts now
62.5kg ohp
90kg bench
75kg row (this is my worst lift)
122.5kg diddly
140kg DL

Is that good progress?

Hit 2 plates for after my first year.
Only followed a proper training frequency for about 6-6.5 months of that whole year.
Could only bench bar for 4 disgusting reps when I started.
Was 55kg when I started. 80 when I hit 2 plates for 3. Laugh my ass off when cunts say you need "good genetics" to hit 2 plates in a year. Find your strongest bench press grip. Mine was a thumbs width from the knurling. Eat more. Wreak havoc on your triceps.
Anything is possible.

so much this.
If a 50kg guy can hit 2pl8s in a year is it really that unbelievable for a over 100kg fully developed man with years of manual labor to hit it pretty much instantly?

>I'd say with young males, hitting a 225lb BP is like a mean of 6 months
what are you basing that off?

From what i've seen it's usually 1.5 to 2 years for most people and a few people who hit it within 6 months bullying them.

it's like a self reported penis study, you believe them and a 9" dick is average in black cities, when actual real studies showed it was around 5"

>Nah That's Bullshit. A 2 plate bench is really unimpressive to anyone who actually lifts
go to the gym and see how many people bench 2 plates.

Probably varies quite a lot from gym to gym. I'm one of the only guys benching sub 2pl8 in my gym

he was on roids too, all rugby players are

Key words are "to anyone who actually lifts".
I know it's all relative to body weight and gender
and time training but generally those who find a two plate bench really impressive, have little to no experience.

Not too long it took probably a 2 seasons

I bench maybe once or twice every three or four months (weightlifter, bench isn't important to me) and I can still hit a few sets of 4/5 at 100kg.

If you can't at least rep a single at a 100kg you are weak. Fuck, I feel weak repping that, guys in my gym regularly putting up 150-170kg.