Cancelling my gym membership to do all my training at home, what should I get?

Cutting off my gym membership, gonna be saving $90 a month plus all the time/money spent travelling to and from there. At the gym, I mostly used machines anyways and I hear using dumbbells/weights and doing your own exercises is better. What kinds of stuff should I get for my home gym? My BMI is around 18, so my main goals are gaining weight/muscle mass. I mainly just want a body that will look attractive to the opposite sex.

Attached: a09fa18a-875b-4717-9001-a00851140c1f_1.af8d85594df7e4d529aa87529b6cfe17.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWi (450x450, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Adjustable-Squat-Position-Spotter/dp/B00UAVXV7I/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp
amazon.co.uk/Gallant-Flat-Weight-Lifting-Bench/dp/B077DDRFB9/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1523719830&sr=8-17&keywords=bench press
fitness-superstore.co.uk/
dickssportinggoods.com/p/fitness-gear-300-lbolympic-weight-set-16fgeu300lbstwth7brb/16fgeu300lbstwth7brb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lifting for girls
Siggydiggy

Dont buy bitch weight. Your smallest dumbbell should be atleast 20lbs. How long have you been lifting?

>lifting for girls
if you lift for girls why would you get a home gym ?

1. Squat rack
2. Bench
3. A place to deadlift
4. Pullup bar
5. Barbell + weights

You don't even really need dumbbells tbhfam.

This but you should get some dumbbells. Dumbbell bench is underrated for chest and there are all sorts of fantastic exercises you can do with them.

Would I be screwing myself for any particular reason only using dumbbells targeting various muscle groups? Obviously I'd like to get a rack and barbell at some point. not op btw

$90 a month for the gym? What the fuck kinda Saudi Arabian gym are you going to?

>targeting various muscle groups
you'll be screwing yourself doing this. your priority should be a rack bench and weight, then adjustable dumbbells, then probably a chest supported row and a cable machine when you have the money. any other way is a meme

Alright, then what kind of shit should I be doing until I can afford all that?

saving money and doing pullups. also its really not that expensive

any links to amazon or any other places for recommendations?

At your stage, absolutely. Compound movements are a huge benefit when you're getting your start.
You can make up for it partially so it's not the end of the world, but you'll have to do more work overall.

Bodyweight movements, weighted bodyweight movements, dumbbells, a bit of cardio.
Have a look at the AllPro routine, a lot of people have used it or similar stuff as their start when they had no good gym access.

that much a month for gym training, seriously?

Except he's been fucking around at the gym and has no idea what he's doing.

Im assuming youre in the uk

squat rack:
>amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Adjustable-Squat-Position-Spotter/dp/B00UAVXV7I/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp
or stands for ~£30 if youre super poor but theyre less safe obv

bench:
>amazon.co.uk/Gallant-Flat-Weight-Lifting-Bench/dp/B077DDRFB9/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1523719830&sr=8-17&keywords=bench press

plates:
>fitness-superstore.co.uk/
get a pair of 20kg, 10kg, 5kg, 2.5kg and 1.25kg and a cheap bar (you will have to upgrade the bar as soon as you can) add 20kgs as you need them

this is all assuming youre poor and a novice

His post clearly placed him as a beginner still and while he might have fucked himself a bit he still has plenty of time for effective progress.

>Compound movements
I don't know if I implied otherwise but my routine includes many of these.

>Bodyweight movements, weighted bodyweight movements
Will definitely look into these

How have I fucked myself, though?

>How have I fucked myself, though
Muscular adaptation tapers off into small gains over time.
Capitalizing on this as much as possible and focusing on/putting recovery resources towards your core lifts will give you a better baseline to work off of when your gains slow down, and better long term development because of it since your supporting muscles during targeted accessory lifts will be able to stabilize more weight.

You just want to be able to take advantage of early adaptation, and freeweight barbell training tends to do so very well.

I've had a homegym for a little while and passed the "break even point" where the money I spent on all my stuff is less than if I paid for a gym membership all that time. In my experience you need the following (in order of importance):
1. Bench/Squat Rack combo
2. Barbell/Weightplates
3. Adjustable dumbbells (way cheaper than a rack, not to mention that you would probably end up using only have the rack anyways)
4. Pull-up bar
5. Ez curl bar
6. Some resistance bands for shoulder work

IMO the only thing that I miss out on by working out in my basement is cable machines and being able to grab dumbbells really quick. Adjusting them takes a few minutes and is kind of annoying, so it would be nice just to be able to pick them up and use them, but nbd really

>Barbell/Weightplates
What are good starting poundages?

>Ez curl bar
Not OP, but do these actually help with curling? I've just been using dumbbells.

I got them as a combo on sale at Dicks. It was the 45lb olmpyic bar and 300lbs of plates (2-45's, 2-35's, 2-25's, 2-10's, 4-5's, 2-2.5's) for like $200. By far the cheapest I've found.

this is actually it: dickssportinggoods.com/p/fitness-gear-300-lbolympic-weight-set-16fgeu300lbstwth7brb/16fgeu300lbstwth7brb

You can just buy those dumbbell bars that use regular/oly plates. That way you don't need to spend extra money on pairs of 25lb+ dumbbells.

I use it for curling as well as skullcrushers. I also use it for rows, since the grip is a bit more comfortable on my wrists than a regular olympic barbell. I think it makes a good addition, but I put it down on the list since it's not super important.

That looks great, thanks for the link. Not gonna link every post but thanks to the other anons itt who gave advice as well. I'm not even op

Pull-up bar, ab wheel,jump rope, punching bag and definitely a Bluetooth speaker. I love my heavy bag there's so much you can do with it. I didn't pick up some bar bells until recently, you can make do without weights.

Attached: 12345.jpg (488x488, 19K)