Attached: garagebro.jpg (605x602, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BhSCEvfFLKD/?taken-by=daniellamelo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Great edition

Needs more upper back and tricep work desu

Just wait til the belt squat comes

how much

Why do you spend so much time at the gym user?

Attached: tumblr_p32iccSkub1wa233s.webm (360x640, 1.36M)

Because i like it.

because the gym doesn't ask stupid questions about my time allocation
fucking cunt

Both of my gyms locations I go to have one. Favorite way to add quad volume.

100 reps upper back, 100 reps tricep, 10kg salt EVERY DAY.

because its better than spending time with an anime eyed skelly with restless leg syndrome

>10kg salt
wait wat i thought it was 500g

because its my favorite hobby

Attached: Lasha_Talakhadze_Rio_2016.jpg (1280x904, 110K)

It's supposed to allude to one punch man

you use the other 9.5kg to salt your roads because its still icy in the uk despite it being april

>Why do you spend so much time at the gym user?
I don't. I spend one hour per day, four days a week because I'm not trolling for homosexuals at the gym

>you cant get bigger and stronger at the same time
>shut up retard
>look up what concurrent training is
Not the guy you were talking to, but he's making a good point. Most late beginners and early intermediates spend too much time at high intensities.

I see way too many late beginner and early intermediate lifters training like they are in the last month before powerlifting meet. Their main focus should be accumulating volume over time and filling out their frame. They should also be maintaining some conditioning base, and focusing on good form and quick bar speed.

because lifting is fun

So basically they should be aiming for hypertrophy? How do powerfliters set up their hypertrohpy training then?

Same way as bodybuilders. Just with some main lifts at the beginnig to keep proficiency.

Attached: mass.jpg (877x433, 88K)

actual bodybuilders have good hypertrophy because of drugs. "bodybuilders" ie normies doing 3x12 on a laundry list of isos have terrible hypertrophy. kys

>that fake smile
what a turn-off

So whats your point?

actual powerlifting programs are best for hypertrophy

But they are exacly the same as bodybuilding programs.

theres no such thing as bodybuilding programs. and people doing pl programming are already training hypertrophy so they dont need to start "training like bodybuilders"

wrong

No.

>tfw did 5x8 pullups and 4x20 t-bar rows today

Wtf I'm fucking tired but have an endorphin rush now?

>WAWTT

DB curl, neutral-grip cable curl, hack squat, kneeling leg curl.

>WAWET

Steak and rice.

>WAWLTT

Not sure yet.

>WAWFT

I'm really enjoying the quiet of my neighborhood.

Honestly, a good powerlifting program and a good bodybuilding program are going to have similar characteristics, just with different preferences applied to the details.

>theres no such thing as bodybuilding programs
>mfw

Attached: OblivionWhat.webm (406x300, 260K)

Can you fucking dimwits post some actual examples and explanations instead of just saying saying yes and no to each other?

today we are resting

oats, eggs, milk, protein powder, bananas, blueberry

sweet potaotes, meat, onion, brocoli

rice and meat, and lots of chokolate

>120 reps of back
200 reps is the new norm buddy step it up

>Training

Did
Front squats x3 @6, x3 @7, x3 @8
Slingamajig bench x3 @6, x3 @7, x3 @8
Wide grip pullups 5x8
Incline bench 5x10
T-bar rows 4x20

>eating
Either gonna go out tonight or make something tasty at home that takes a few hours. Was thinking fresh pasta with homemade red sauce and meatballs, but we'll see.

>Listening to
Starset, as usual

>Feeling today
Pretty great, it's gonna rain soon but the weather has been great the past few days and I get to have a relatively lazy weekend for the first time in a couple of months

Attached: 1523217856365.jpg (1080x1350, 139K)

Couple questions,
Is there any need to do dips yet if basic SS pressing is working?
How would you progress hangs/static holds at the end of a session?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but if you feel your progress is going to halt soon I would add them in.
You either add weight or you add time.

thanks I’ll leave it for now then and I mean if I do 3 sets of holds, how long should it be for a decent carryover? 15s? shorter? would I need more sets?

>”power”lifters
>lifts don’t involve power

Defend this

I used to superset hanging leg raises with whatever kind of pulls I did. The sets of hanging leg raises probably only lasted about 15 seconds but I noticed a significant increase in my grip strength after doing it for a few months. I'd recommend somewhere around 15 seconds at least and I'd consider supersetting them with whatever rows or chinups you do as well.

>compete in the squat
>dont actually squat and compete with a squat variation

Defend this

power is the rate of work

no work is being done on any powerlifting or weightlifting movements because ideally there is no net change in distance of the barbell from start to finish of the lifts

checkmate

>panzerjager
>doesn't hunt any tanks
>shiposts on /plg/ instead
defend this

post rebeka or shut the fuck up

why is this chicks strength going through the roof suddenly

instagram.com/p/BhSCEvfFLKD/?taken-by=daniellamelo

because she's on more drugs than whole /fraud/ combined

How can you perform the snatch when you have never seen a snatch in real life?

> defend this

Attached: 1523386940160.png (720x701, 487K)

It's not really going through the roof. Her progress has been pretty steady for a while now, and all of the other 84kgs just flat out are not as good as her.

maybe the cancer curer should have been a better swimmer?

Do women intimidate you?

lol what you talking about she suddenly started squatting her own record for reps

no

Is there any programming which can include a vertical pull/press and horizontal pull/press with the same intensity each session? So you’d be doing something like a 80%+ heavy bench and heavy press in the same session.

Any way to get around putting one on a backburner for a session?

>Is there any programming which can include a vertical pull/press and horizontal pull/press with the same intensity each session? So you’d be doing something like a 80%+ heavy bench and heavy press in the same session.
why would you do this

for possibly more enjoyable training

It was 9 months to add 16kg to her comp squat, especially considering how easy her 207.5 attempt was at raw nationals and for someone her age, it doesn't seem that absurd.

I don't like being big and strong, that's why I powerlift in lower weight divisions!

the second lift is gonna suffer no matter what

9 months really fk it feels like yesterday

>weightlifting
>lifts don't involve weights
No, you defend this.

my herniated disc feels better today, hopefully I can introduce light squat/deadlift in a week or so

Make

Alex

Great

Again

Why is Blevins so perfect

>So you’d be doing something like a 80%+ heavy bench and heavy press in the same session.
5/3/1 balances horizontal and vertical pressing, but on separate days for most templates.

>Olympian
>Taking the bronze medal already

Fitting.

>Why is Blevins so perfect
He is a man of faith and conviction, and he lives a meaningful life.

Contrast that with faggot crossdressing larpers like Raffy or sean.

Seriously what the fuck is that Lasha Talakhadze or not? He looks fucking identical.

so I guess it’s probably not a good idea to do it but if you had 6 sets of bench planned, you’d split it 3 with ohp for equivalent or slightly less volume but also more frequency for muh strength is a skill

Nah that’s garagebro even hacked Lashas twitter

>Recently visited the UAE
>Suddenly want to learn more about Islam
>Watch a lot of videos about it from actual professors and historians
>Read actual books about it
>It makes a lot of sense.

Damn it I don't want to become religious how do I stop this?

Weighed in at 140kg on the dot, openers set to 350 210 300

Smesh it Sam. Have a test boost.

Attached: 1523204805938.jpg (1080x1080, 132K)

wtf arent you like 5'10

Keep us updated, big boy

how do you know if your gf is cheating on you? asking for a friend

I think Sam's test levels are good, homie.

when you stop having sex

Ask your friend who's the most attractive in your circle of friends to try and sleep with her and report back. You get to find out she's a cheater and drop her to the curb and your friend gets laid. Win-win.

never enough test

yikes

too bad my friend has no friends

Aren't you your friend's friend? Jump on a grenade for him.

>how do you know if your gf is cheating on you? asking for a friend
If you have to ask, she is.

What could possibly make sense?

im gonna let you in on this secret, my friend is me

Attached: Bubbles Blink.gif (640x480, 1.76M)

well, it's the lonely introvert-neet life or cuck for me the

Thanks man

5'11 actually

Will do if I have any data left

>t-bar rows
Best row

Islam appeals to week willed atheists.

for strength training is doing 1 rep maxes a meme compared to the standard 3x5 SS methods?

What's causing pain on the inside of my elbow, ever so slightly above the joint during bench press? I'm not sure it's golfers elbow as gripping things is fine. It only gets worse with bench press, and even worse with close grip bench or skullcrushers. I'm tempted to say it's some sort of tricep issue but it's the side of the elbow, not the back. Any ideas?

what the fuck are you even asking, please rephrase

Attached: 29737875_141634096676994_3329165237168373760_n.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

how does /plg/ feel about incorporating safety bar box squats into their training?

>ssb
ye
>box
no

Looks gay as fuck, do paused front squats instead.

what should be your ration of low bar to ssb?

I like wide stance ssb box to strengthen the hips without as much emphasis on the quads or lower back as my usual squat. But I only do them for a short while (e.g. a 5 week block) far away from competition and also only as a secondary squat, it never replaces the main weekly squat workout.

>what should be your ration of low bar to ssb?
Do you really fucking need box squats, or are you looking for a magic gimmick that makes a 5 plate squat feel not heavy?

All my joints hurt and my lifts are stalling is it time to reload for a week

I started seeing a coach, he has pulled 725 at a meet and squatted 600 (drug tested). In my programming he emphasizes ssb box squats with a two count pause.