1/2/3/4

So let me get this straight. 1 plate equals 25 kg. Lifts are in 1RM. Normally the bar weighs 20 kg.

1 plate overhead press = 25 kg each side plus bar, 70 kg.
2 plate bench press = two 25 kg plates each side plus bar, 120 kg.
3 plate squat = three 25 kg plates each side plus bar, 170 kg.
4 plate deadlift = four 25 kg plates each side plus bar, 220 kg.

Now tell me, how the FUCK is it possible to reach these numbers within one, two or even three years of lifting? I mean I would imagine this would take much more time than this. Do I just have shitty genetics if I am not even close to these numbers?

No "don't count the bar" memes. Discussion about strength.

Attached: 1508241303802s.jpg (125x89, 2K)

1 plate is 20 kg

Why even bench 2pl8? You could just bench 3 bars and get the same results.

Accidentally saved the thumbnail version, fuck. Nevermind the image, my bad. Bump

Attached: 1503803756655.png (506x380, 408K)

The standard "plate" people are talking about is 20kg. So 60/100/140/180. Getting 1/2/3/4 is a challenge but shouldn't be out of reach for most guys if they train consistently.

A single plate is 20kg. If in America, it's 45 lbs

Or one bar three times! Genious!

you don't do it passively, and i think that's the misconception. its not "easy" at all, in the sense that you're gonna have to work for it.

fortunately, Rip tried to make it as simple as do the program, do GOMAD, but everyone swears they're a snowflake and have to add something, or dont have to do GOMAD, etc. when it comes down to it, they augment without the knowledge to do so. and then all of a sudden 1/2/3/4 seems a lot harder.

1/2/3/4 lifts are in 5RM

>20 kg is 44.0925 lbs
so does that mean Americans that hit 1/2/3/4 are stronger than Eurocucks?

>counting the bar

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 90K)

Since fucking when.

yes. only slightly, but yes.

No one counts their 1 rep max for anything besides e-stating.

understand and realize that whenever you're dealing with something manufactured, and it has something pasted on the front light a weight, there is a normal distribution with standard deviations around that number that determine it's actual weight.

tl;dr that number is an average, and depending on the manufacturer the weights will deviate from that average (the larger the deviation, the shittier the manufacturer).

of course it isn't easy, why do you think 90% of this site uses it as their goal?

Since always.

"I just climbed Everest! Phew!"
"Cool, five times, right?"
"...no, once?"
"You have four more reps to go, estatter"

I'm having a hard time believing a typical deviation would be on the order of a pound for any respectable manufacturer

Imo the standard should be 2/2/4/4. Atleast it is so for me. Focusing on that bench will only fuck your shoulders up.

fair. i'd disagree, only because the smallest significant figure that most plate manufacturers go out to is the tenths place with a half pound (with the 2.5 lb plate). based on that, i'd think at least half pound deviations are realistic

yt search for 'omar isuf plates', he weighed some non-calibrated plates, the deviation was all over the place, up to 4lbs so yeh

1/2/2/4

Climbing Everest takes several weeks, stop pretending they are comparable.

Feel free to feel accomplished when you 1RM a milestone lift, but 1RMs aren't an important part of any program, so you shouldn't focus on them unless you are trying to compare yourself to someone else who 1RMs.

Are people supposed to hit 1/2/3/4 at around the same time? Because I'm already repping lmao1pl8 OHPs but nowhere near hitting the milestones with my other lifts.

Go flex on some normie and do mad pullups if you're that disproportionate

Shouldn't this be adjusted by bodyweight?

By like 4lbs sure.

Since I'm at 4.

is this true? fugg

Attached: mycousin.png (1374x933, 1.95M)

1 plate is 20 kg you moron, all the lifts with the 20kg bar included are:
>60kg Press
>100kg Bench Press
>140kg Squat
>180kg Deadlift

>I'm weak in bench press and deadlifting, therefore everyone should mimic my weakness as a standard.

1/2/3/4 is truthfully not very balanced. Besides that, your starting point and proportions make a big difference

>1/2/3/4 is truthfully not very balanced
How so?

Attached: 1502278863218.jpg (1350x2400, 1.68M)

>Everybody should do GOMAD

get this 2010 meme outta here. GOMAD is only for the skelliest of all skellyfags

Attached: 1492543634949.gif (500x375, 157K)

1 + 2 = 3, 3 + 4 = 7

Do you really wanna have a 3 up top and a 7 downstairs?

What's 2+2?

tell that to eric bugenhagen

>1RMs aren't an important part of any program

Attached: f6c.jpg (1190x906, 88K)

Enter it into symmetric strength and look. For an average sized man it puts your lifts on noticibly different levels. Ohp is intermediate and deadlift is advanced

Attached: 1493058654872.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

>your legs shouldn't be stronger than your arms

Attached: 1523670385555.jpg (900x729, 67K)

1 plate is 20.4 kg you absolute brainlet.

I've been at it for 6m and I'm at 0.9/1.8/2.6/3

This is unironically about where I'm at. My legs aren't even small, or overly flabby. I just can't force myself to get low enough to call it a proper squat with more weight on the bar.

it's balanced per SS. you're hitting dl and squats 3 times a week and bench and ohp 1.5 times. on top of that you're doing a complete strength routine for dl by doing 1x5.

while ss is the best strength routine out there it isn't the most balanced.

1/2/3/4 is max rep correct?

>6 yo

1pl8 OHP for reps is easier than a 4pl8 deadlift 1RM

SS doesnt use arbitrary numbers. It simply considers you a beginner as long as your muscles can adapt to more weight each session. Even on SS your legs shoupd not be that disproportionately strong.

For 1/2/3/4, how many reps? One rep max?

I have bad genetics (I get hurt easily, plus I can wrap my wrist with my thumb and index finger), and I achieved 1.25 plates on OHP after a year, 3 plates on squat after 2 years.

Im stills stuck on bench (missing 5 lbs each side) and DL (3.5, hard stuck for around 6 months), but I think I couldve done it if I had trained more seriously at the beginning.

You're just a wristlet nigga don't be a fag about it

What the fuck do your shoulders look like