Is creatine legit or is it just a meme?

is creatine legit or is it just a meme?

Attached: Creatine.png (1512x765, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_RB2EONtRLE?t=30s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14636102
suppversity.blogspot.com.ar/2013/10/creatine-dht-hair-loss-prostate-cancer.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14757277
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11252073
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14685870
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
lmgtfy.com/?q=Creatine and DHT citation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah it's pretty much the only supplement you need.

The list of "shit to buy" is pretty much:
>squat shoes
>belt
>creatine

legit

Yeah, I've been offered a freebie from bulk supplements and I have no idea what to get. It looks like a fuckton of snakeoil and I'll probably just get some nice unflavored whey isolate.

But if there's anything that isn't bullshit, espcially some sort of CNS stimulant, I'd be interested to know.

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQraeM5P-lTr6GI7Mryv1zjAUJjRDvyJaIp6tl2K-s96ZFUMQfU.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Caffeine

Well yeah, but I'm thinking of something I can't get at the store, something that'll give me siezures and kidney damage. You know, the good stuff. Is it all gone?

I never used creatine how should I take it? Just with water?

youtu.be/_RB2EONtRLE?t=30s
like this

didn't do shit for me

anabolic steroids

well they didnt ban it from the nfl for nothing

its legit if you want MPB + norwood 5 in 6 months

>anabolic steroids
Well, I'm lifting so I don't end up feeble in my old age. I guess not having an old age is one way of achieving this.

Plus my understanding is that steroids don't do anything for connective tissue and bone density gains.

Plus plus I was asking about CNS stims.

Creatine is a placebo for actual retards. Only under age dumb fucks use that garbage.

this

Attached: 1521543383381.png (413x533, 82K)

Okay i will not take that shit then. Thank you for this advice.

Attached: PERFRECT MAN 2070.jpg (300x400, 19K)

So creatine will 100% increase your lifts after taking 5 gr every day for 21 days, and then maintaining that dosage for the rest of your lifting life. It takes 21 days to take effect as it works through creatine-phosphate saturation.
It will increase your lifts.

It will also increase your DHT 40- 60% above your base after only 7 days of taking it. DHT is highly associated with Male pattern baldness, but there are no clinical studies which directly correlate the two together. They all end up with "it depends on your genetics."

>if you have a genetic predisposition to balding, then creatine could speed up the rate at which you begin balding.

If you're really worried just save money for hair transplant treatment which has been shown to work fine, and you need to remember that as far as women are concerned - your overall success matters way more than your looks, so if you're lifting for mires you're doing it wrong and if you're not hustling everyday to make yourself a wealthier and well rounded person none of it matters.

Attached: 1523606679298.png (697x768, 174K)

>Plus plus I was asking about CNS stims.
well if you use AAS you won't need to deal with natty meme excuses like "CNS fatigue"and "overtraining"

It fastens MPB, not causes it. So if you already had hair that was sensitive to DHT, Creatine may peak that process or accelerate it.

>meme excuses like "CNS fatigue"
>being tired is a meme
plus stims are fun

True that

meme, you don't need no supplement

does his sweater say "sniff"?

Attached: 1520304598284.jpg (319x331, 18K)

BR_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ P

Here's some sources to back this post up, cause everyone else in this thread is clearly shitposting.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14636102

>suppversity.blogspot.com.ar/2013/10/creatine-dht-hair-loss-prostate-cancer.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14757277
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11252073
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14685870
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Attached: Anon thy Lord.jpg (407x298, 55K)

Yeah, its a solid and proven supplement good for increasing your lifts. People who say it doesn't work either have a shit routine or a shit diet. All supplements are absolutely useless if you don't have the basics down.

It makes your hair fall out.

For those who say it didn't, lucky you, nonetheless it's still a risk that is known anecdotally to cause hair loss.

If your balding or have shitty hair, might as well take creatine.
If you have lovely thick hair (like me) that makes the chicks go crazy, I won't take the risk.

He became a nerd?

didn't do shit for me, then again neither does caffeine, prozac or any shit like that.
It did however thin my hair considerably, according to my barber. I may be starting to go bald at 21 without any history of baldness in the family

Attached: 1516305565986.jpg (461x468, 64K)

Belts are for pussies

what if im already balding?

Stopped taking creatine after it gave me headaches. Everytime I retry it I get cluster headaches within a week.

It's great, my hair's already mostly gone so if balding is the worst side effect then fuck it.

my protein says it has 2g of creatine per serving, would it do shit or nothing at all?

What am I looking at? Creatine making beeber bald?

Does no one realize the code word of creatine here?

You shouldn't be buying protein with creatine added, you moron

back pain is for morons

Attached: CD11A7CC-5AB7-4991-A4CF-497A3D2E4A2F.jpg (125x105, 13K)

Attached: 1517576112837.jpg (640x640, 101K)

based

>Jow Forums needs you user

Of course its legit, you bellend.

Dat DHT tho. Have noticed faster and thicker facial and body hair growth since I started taking it. Thankfully I take after my grandfather and he only had slight thinning on top in his mid 60's so I shouldn't have to worry about losing my hair just yet unless I hop on.

I'll give you my personal experience with creatine.

I started using creatine and I saw great increments in my lifts. One day I went through my hair and noticed that an unlikely high amount fell out. I started freaking out and thought it was just stress because of exams. Exams passed but still no sign of my hair loss stopping. That's when I read that creatine increased DHT (yes, proven scientifical studies). Stopped taking creatine and my hair no longer falls out. Gains are less now but I'd rather have a bit fewer gains than a head without hair. Quite sad though, still have a lot of creatine left. Wasted some money.

Yeah shit i do.

Good for giving you acne and baldness in exchange for dem puffy water weight gainz.

Basically all non-transplant baldness treatments work by blocking DHT. Creatine boosts DHT. Literally JUST in powder form.

Attached: 1460202633056.jpg (1487x1980, 262K)

There was a single fucking study done on rugby players who took creatine, and it was poorly set up at that.

Its data has no value, there is not a sliver of evidence that creatine increases DHT.

t. baldy who doesn't want to feel responsible for JUSTing himself

you niggas realise there's creatine in meat right?

Creatine didn't make a single hair fall out, test however, did.

But there is no evidence of value stating creatine causes an increase in DHT.

More studies need to be done with actual intelligent measurements.

please baldlets, prove creatine increases DHT except for that 1 shitty study.

on topic OP creatine has been found to be useful in I think it was 1/3 of users, primarily those who don't get creatine from eating red meat. in those cases it does increase strength and endurance, it's the most studied supplement.

wtf is a baldlet?

(You)

He looks like David Koresh on the right.

how many times are you gonna post about creatine with a pic of bieber?

Do you seriously have to take it daily for the rest of your life? What happens if you stop?

Yes, it permanently destroys your hypothalamic pituitary creatinal axis.

Attached: you so ridiculous.gif (347x244, 3.72M)

why not?

is there any proper study that says that creatine produces balding?

the one people always quote is this one and it isnt really conclusive
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

does dht do anything else apart from cause hair loss?

No. There's literally just one study that showed increases in DHT in like 13 Rugby players or something. Never been replicated since. No study on balding.

promotes beard growth

That user is wrong in saying belts are for pussies. But you're delusional if you think that not using one will cause back pain, you DYEL faggot.

Attached: 1517853420616.jpg (600x600, 83K)

It's very important for mood, boners, strength, protection from estrogen side effects, sexual development, etc.

Basically, you'd rather have more DHT than less, even if it ruins your hair.

why

Elaborate on very important: do you need a minimum amount of DHT to have those or does more DHT = more boners, strength, sexual development etc?

Basically more is better until a certain point.

You are extremely unlikely to reach that certain point naturally.

aren't your creatine levels pretty high if you eat a lot of meat anyway?

are 80's glasses becoming a thing again?

Attached: 1387130235421.png (612x621, 586K)

Improved my lifts by 10-15% and got a little bit of weight, nothing fascinating
.t taking ON micronised creatine for 4 weeks, 6 grams per day

Sources if possible?

Search for Amino Spiking in protein powders, creatine will only make the nitrogen count higher which will raise up the protein content in the label without having actual protein.

Don't have any on hand, just do some searching.

It has enough legitimate research to support it to justify its use

Load it for a couple days at around 30-40g then coast on 5-10g a dat

Get a creatine inhaler

I've been using mine for 3 months now, much better results then just mixing with water

>creatine increases DHT
>DHT increases the speedup of balding that genetic markers already in place work off
>user ask for citation
lmgtfy.com/?q=Creatine and DHT citation
>literally twenty plus citations that they are at the very least associated with eachother

Wow, is that really hard to believe?
That even at worst case creatine does have some influence on hormonal markers within the body? Like it's impossible for it not to be associated with it?
Fucking Newfags I swear to god.

So, if it increases DHT, will it cause my beard to fill in faster and for me to get more body hair?

>80's
More like 70s, user

It's all the same fucking poorly done study. Find a good one.