Are you scared hitting your 30s and realizing that the only thing you did was playing video games?

I was playing games from early childhood. Between ages like 10-15 I was totally addicted. It got better when I started going to highschool. During that time I did few other things here and there and even got some good friends but still was going out very rarely. I got kind of depressed and upset with myself when I graduated from highschool. I was still playing games from time to time but started trying new things and going out more and getting in touch with people (still feels like it is not enough).

Is anyone else scared of eventually hitting your 30s and looking back at your life realizing that you waste so much time playing games?

Attached: 1.png (650x773, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNqTxGkvuCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not time wasted if you enjoyed it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was when I was 29 and realized that I basically wasted my life.
Now I'm over 30 and just don't give a fuck and keep on playing vidya.
It's not as if anything will change by now.

Real life is shit, video games are comfy.

34 soon.
You just adquire a more refined taste

That is a big jewish lie that keeps you hooked to your bad habits without ever breaking the cycle.

Attached: 1527500245689.gif (575x420, 507K)

It wont change because you choose to stay the same. Change begins with you doing something rather than bitching like a little child, Mr. 30-something. I dropped school for few years and now I'm back passing my classes with A's, it's all about your perspective.

set yourself some goals and actively take steps towards achieving them

I think im going to regret my life no matter what i do. thats just how animals work man. you could make 1 billion dollars and marry a 10/10 tomorrow, you'll still feel the full gamut of negative emotions throughout your life. the goalpost just shift

Did u go to university

Attached: oreally.jpg (1920x1080, 77K)

scared? I just turned 31 and I don't regret any of it. I've lived a life without stress but as a consequence without responsibility so I'm completely ill equipped to handle life in the real world.

No, i stopped caring in my early 20s. Vidya is all i have left, i still enjoy the fuck out it.

i'm turning 30 this year, work retail and just play video games in my free time. gonna an hero soon.

are you the same user who made the "I'm glad I play the vidya" thread? man you seem desperate, seek help

what major, if you dont mind me asking?

Attached: 1523458043473.png (645x729, 80K)

>go into music, books, movies, drawing, painting, history as a teen
>cooking, stocks, world politics, art history, languages in early 20s

Literally what the fuck are you doing OP? That's all on you, nigga.

>30
Still have your whole life ahead of you, asshole. Go do something about it if you feel that it would make you happier.

And above all, at least you haven't spent your whole time up till this point in jail or doing crime. Neither are you a druggie. You gotta look at the positive sides of life.

Attached: 1524229951906.png (815x527, 194K)

Nah, OP, I’m 29, have two children and a solid career

It’s a lot of work, sometimes I wish I was a lonely neet, still

Turn 30 in like 5 months.

Played a ton vidya with bros, laughed a lot, had more fun than most, avoided a lot of trouble. LAN parties and getting excited about E3, WoW when MMOs were still new, Ocarina on Christmas morning. No regrets, even if I die soon like TotalBiscuit - it's been pretty rad.

This looks scary at first (especially with MMOs that took years of my life), but I have done things that are worse than playing vidya.

youtube.com/watch?v=gNqTxGkvuCw

get a new hobby, you don't need to JUST play videogames all day. read or get into music.

No not really. I did other things I guess, but growing up poor those things were stuff like "not starve" and "avoid homelessness"

I'm 29 now and what I regret is not getting really into a game before now. I've been picking up a lot of fightan but I'm years behind other players and probably don't have many years of good reflexes left.

As you get older you might stop caring as much. I'm not even that old but younger people sometimes seem to always be rushing around and low on chill.

Heard that so many times here, I wonder how many anons have actually gone through with it. What's the point of doing it though, you might as well see your life through to the end in case something good happens.

No. Videogames is only one of my hobbies.

see you in the next life, brother

Tried to. Failed misearably.

I'm 34 and still play vidya. I honestly couldn't be happier right now in my life.

>mfw 18 years old

Attached: Yes.jpg (283x283, 18K)

But I do things that aren't video games. I have a great job and good grades, I'm on good terms with my parents/grandparents, etc.
The only problem I have is the crippling loneliness of not having any true friends, and being completely invisible to women, but I think that fits most people here.

Attached: 1517932508069.gif (300x331, 525K)

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize me enjoying my self was wrong and I had been under the lizard peoples spell.

Why does everyone here keep asking this recently? Is it because Totalbiscuit died?

I'm pushing 30 and I don't care.

No.

it's one sad user on a midlife crisis

what else should i be doing though?

Attached: 1298320213665.png (833x1200, 286K)

Vidya is not really the only thing I've done, but I'm pretty much in a complete impasse.
I went to university, have held a job for the past ten years, but I lost contact with just about any friends, am well on my way to wizardry and professionally I'm going nowhere. Though I really have myself to blame for that.
So I can't say vidya is my problem. But I don't really feel good about it either.

stop being such a faggot and assert yourself.
im 36 and still spend most of my free time playing vidya. have older friends that do the same. with kids and family. if you wnat to be an insecure bitch about it then thats your choice.

No, I am not.

Spending your youth playing videogames when you are poor is the best thing to do. Then, when you enter your thirties and you can save up money, you can go on international trips, go on a cruise, etc.

Just lift and you will stay young forever.

I'm 35 years old. Only played video games all in my life. I don't regret playing them because that is the only thing I enjoy. There is nothing out there (IRL) for me. The only thing I ever regret is I spent a lot of time doing real life things, instead of playing games.

Attached: living alone.jpg (955x1620, 251K)

okay got it
step 1: buy rope

at least its more productive than TV.

there are people out there who pretty much never played a video game and just watch TV in its place their whole life. now thats shitty

I'm 23, been a NEET for a few years and all I'm doing is playing games. I read a bit too, but not much as I used to do in my teens. I'm pretty content most of the time, except when I think about how other people surely think badly of me then hello crippling anxiety. Honestly that's the only thing holding me back for completely enjoying my life as it is. Hopefully I'll learn to let it go as years pass.

Oldfag here.
Do everyting you enjoy. Soon enough there comes a time you wont, enjoy life as much and regret not doing more of the stuff that made you happy.

Not a major, Im just getting back into high school.

Everything I do is in some way on par with videogames. I have yet to discover this magical activity that goes beyond regular entertainment/fulfillment/happiness/etc.

Attached: 7PluzrQ.png (726x664, 795K)

Interesting figures considering media only focuses on teen suicides :^)

Attached: Suicides_by_race_hispanic_gender_and_age_1999-2005.png (1350x1913, 287K)

You're right OP we should all be watching Netflix and shitposting righteously on Twitter. Video games are obviously the problem.

nah I live life like a normal man, working til 5 and then watching tv until I go to sleep. rinse and repeat

that's right. better get back to working hard all day to make your bosses some more money! :^)

Computer Science

Does the mundane not drive you nuts?
Perhaps it's in your face enough that the obnoxious nature of everything actually becomes somewhat sedated, as you lose the ability to think in the constant stimulation.

there's so much shit to beat myself over, videogames aren't one of them.

I think I suffer from sleep apnea mostly because of the stress from my shitty life. I wake up at 6am, barely sleeping 5 hours every night and I don't recall a single night I don't have nightmares.

Attached: 1526679954100.jpg (379x348, 43K)

Pretty much me a year ago. I've been working on getting a new group of friends and now i have people to hang out with. Still working on getting a gf, but i feel like eventually it will come up if i keep up on the social progression, like a few girls are starting to actually show up to some of the things i get invited to. They are my friends gf, but apparently they have invited some of their friends next week so i'll actually have a chance to talk to a girl who is single.

Attached: 1519526673601.jpg (196x250, 8K)

>he doesn't have a job where he helps his bosses lose money

Attached: 1513795744241.jpg (500x303, 38K)

I'm 37 and scared that I'll be 30 one day. H-hold me.

what the fuck

i did all those things too and i hated them all

life is trash

not killing myself tho because there's still the World Cup and I want to see that

Truly the definition of jack of all trades master of none.

I'm not sad I spent time playing games. It's just a form of entertainment. I do however wanna make something and put it out there. Just something I can look at and go "hey here is my contribution to life, might not be much but it's what I did" or something. Idk

Money would be nice

I regretted that I spent my 20s trying to have "adult" hobbies that didn't interest me. Now I'm in my 30s and just fucking play video games and I'm happy.

>still gotta see this thing
>thing is over
>but wait I still gotta see this thing
>thing is over
>but wait
hm

27 and my neck spine is fucked, constant pain. To late for me.
I'd advice to atleast try and eat healthy and do some exercise.
Never cared about gf, they seem more trouble than worth unless you get really lucky.

tried literally all of these and only found stocks fun

Most people are jack of none master of none

Besides, there are many hours in a lifetime and you can become really good at all of those if you have structure

I don't have anything better to do, so no. It's either this or lying in bed all day doing nothing

yeah i'm a friendless kissless virgin high school dropout because of video games and depression so my life is pretty much over.

Damn dude that sounds brutal have you considered a lifestyle change or is that even feasible?

Jesus christ just walk out your front door and do something else.

This.

Also
>rolling one class
>not having a neutral class which can be used for any situation or topic
Sucks to be you.

You're too boring then. Try etching, botany, maybe grow weed and sell it to buy hookers. There's gotta be something out there for you.

Realized that at 22 and I've been stressed out about wasting my life since

Now I'm 25 and it's not changing because I have mental problems that prevent me from going outside much. Life sucks, but it's better than being dead.

>(((mental problems)))

>33
>shit tier chilhood, no family, childrens homes, foster care
>no qualifications, career, uni
>made lots of money illegally and wage slaved as a teen
>played vidya until I was 20
>travelled for 5 years
>unfortunately became mentally ill at 27
>now live off neet bux
>got back into vidya at 28
>been playing vidya as main hobby since
>not a virgin, have health number of notches on bed post
>never gonna be able to "heal" mental illness so no hope for normal life
I'm doing pretty Ok considering,
A decent non roastie woman and an average job is the best I can hope for. that and peace until I die.
I have some cool memories and decent experiences.
Worse things I could be doing than playing vidya considering the circumstances and what life has thrown at me.

Attached: 1489726581537.gif (225x195, 46K)

How the fuck did you drop out of high school? Like nigga just turn up

I'm diagnosed and went to a shrink for 5 years user, they're real

the fucking platitudes my man

You can tell a userbase is old as fuck when the worry is "hitting your 30s" instead of "hitting your 20s".
Did you forget when you thought that was the end of the world too?

Attached: 1497655003201.jpg (500x631, 97K)

nigga i can tell you with 99.99% certainty that it;s not vidya's fault

I did that twice already, for a period of almost six years.

Listen. I spent tons of time on vidya during my life. Been neet for 2-3 years. Yet somehow I have managed to secure a decent future for myself and at least be a competent worker.
Yes, I missed out on having other hobbies but y'know. Games are not an explanation for having no job.
I'm gonna hit 30ties with a great job, tons of monies that after buying an apartment I mostly spend at vidya, chick that considers me as reliable and good guy with hobby she's not involved with. All you have to do is try and git gud fagget.

I always hear this comment from uncultured motherfuckers who only stuck to one thing like anime or power metal.

people with rough upbringings always seem to do better and fuck more than people coddled by enabling parents

spoiler]lol I just play pokemon go with my friends, that's how pathetic my life is atm[/spoiler]

Attached: 1527459626059.jpg (249x57, 3K)

I'm eager to see the "can I be having a mid-life crisis if I never had a life?" posts.

Get the stocks game on the 3DS plaza. Addictive.

strong survivorship bias tbqh

Only thing i changed hitting 30 is that i'm hitting the gym regurlarly and regulating my diet, losing weight fast before it becomes harder as my body dies.
Still minimal social interactions and plenty of videogames. I don't give a fuck

Dude you have friends. It ain't that bad.

Having a job that pays over minimum wage isn't survivor bias you lazy fuck.

Im 26....and i dont want to touch 30....fcuk!!!

isk about that but i would assume we appreciate thngs that other take for granted, like experiences, basic amenities, any food, a roof over our head.

i never understand how you get those entitled 30yo still living with parents, saving all their money. or like that recent american fag who go court order evicted for his pearents house at 30.
I was working and paying my bills and rent at 16yo
I have had a shit life, and have 2 incurable illnesses that have fucked me over big time at 2 different points in my lafe, but at least I can attempt to do what I want to do, which is play vidya until death takes me.

how fucked am i if i dont have a girlfriend by 30?

my only regret is that i didn't work towards my degree sooner. 24 now and i'd be in japan by now if i entered college as soon as i got out of highschool

It's not that bad. you get to date old hags who already have children, and you let them know you fuck their mother every night.

>isk about that but i would assume we appreciate thngs that other take for granted, like experiences, basic amenities, any food, a roof over our head.
>i never understand how you get those entitled 30yo still living with parents

howd you write those sentences right after each other and not realize?
other than that though entitled is the stupidest word you could've used, shows lack of understanding

How many hobbies do you have to take on before its a jack of all trades kind of deal?
I'm still young but I still have no idea what I specifically want to do, but instead want to do multiple things I have a pretty large interest in (if that makes sense). Though I know if I take on too many things I'll never become genuinely great at anything.

Attached: 1470721114648.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

"Time to go to prostitutes" tier.

Jokes on you, I also watched anime