2018 is the downfall of memes

2018 is the downfall of memes

Attached: 24d.png (640x680, 377K)

You must be too young to remember early Jow Forums. Memes used to be like "long cat is long LMFAO" "trollface xD" "candlejack LOOOOL".

00's memes were garbage.

i only remember those rage comic memes

Both of those aren't memes though. If anything they're facebook and twitter personified. I dont know what either of them mean and neither should you.

Say-jed

>memes then is like 2015
NEW

>not cutting yourself off before finishing that post
user I am disappoint

There is one meme that will never EVER die. Who fucking goddamn know how long pic related will last. 10... 50? 100? HAHAHAHAHHA

Attached: 0000.jpg (600x600, 27K)

What would you say were the best memes? I would say 2007 was pretty good, with Tay Zonday and stuff

pepe is beyond meme. its a symbol now

2018 has the best memes. Everything dies extremely fast, so there's always more shit being made. Remember, it was only 2 years ago, and everyone on plebbit was circlejerking over fucking harambe for like 3 months. In 2020 memes will reach their maximum potential in 10 minutes after being discovered, and die out in less than 2 hours.

My favorite has to be ghetto memes, pic related. That shit never gets old, if done correctly.

Attached: 146933200386.jpg (1440x1420, 126K)

>when you
The most normalfag retarded meme. It was mildly amusing at first to make fun of black twitter but it quickly ruined every comment section on the internet. Its turned into unfunny garbage. Its just black twitters reaction images.
>back then
Confirmed for newfag
You sound like a faggot who read that somewhere and is now parroting it as truth. Go back to blebbit you stupid fucking newfag.

Troll physics was amusing, don't remember when that was exactly though. Typing like a toddler was ALWAYS the key point, yes.

>that 25 years old boomer who thinks that 2018 is the downfall of memes

Attached: 12-39-42-1528189595098.jpg (233x216, 7K)

No, I was on Jow Forums in the early days, as early as 2016.

Attached: troll.png (300x168, 7K)

My brother is 28 and never grew out of 2006-2008 Jow Forums memes. It's really sad.

DO YOU KNOW DE WAY?
Ah, fuck you, Uganda Knuckles is a good meme.

Attached: 530-90_5a66f71d7d5ae.jpg (530x446, 44K)

2018 the downfall of memes? E.

But long cat was, and still is, actually really funny.

E is an extremely good meme, though
it's the kind of meme I imagine cosmic overlords inventing

Attached: 1462338043543.jpg (253x220, 22K)

they seemed funny back then but for some reason are extremely cringy now

the saddest thing is that those were memes on places like /b/ and not on things that normies used

Attached: L96mY_s-200x150.gif (200x150, 313K)

Why did normies allow this website to die?

ytmnd lost mainstream popularity in 2009
it became really popular with a small grounp of autist from 2010-2014. then even most of them left.

fast forward to 2018 YTMND.com still exist but account creation is disabled and it doesn't work on Google Chrome and the admix literally hates YTMND and the people that tried to revive it and outright deleted them many times.

Attached: YTMND_(Logo_With_Text).png (400x300, 132K)

memes started on Jow Forums
then reddit picked it up
then memes were shunned on Jow Forums
then people on Jow Forums started to use the term again but ironically
now newshits use the term unironically
if you want the fulm history of memes PM me

YTMND was the center of internet meme culture in 2005-2007.

It could have lived on to be a sister on Jow Forums.

It brought us Moon Man

The admin of YTMND is a jewish hack who outright stated he wanted the website dead and it's an extreme pain in the ass to mantain and the users that attempted to revive it are mentally ill nutjobs

Attached: kCGQrrePqy-2.png (300x250, 13K)

The fuck? How did you manage to say Candlejack and not disa

Thanks for forgetting Something Awful and Newgrounds, you dumb cunts.

More like based
original

>that redditor who proves him right by posting shit memes

the only good thing that came out of this meme is the mathematical puns

Attached: de3.jpg (1896x1402, 153K)

muh exponents and limits to infinity

Attached: e1b.jpg (640x639, 134K)

Honestly I prefer the current abstract humor meme stuff only understood by 3 people or so to the grandpa-tier image-macros of the 2000s or the present-day black-twitter/vine type memes

That's because Candlejack is a shitty mem

The memes themselves aren't bad. Quite good, infact. Rather it's the culture of memes being "hip", and thus being treated as old and boring after a few weeks. That, and "stealing" memes.

I sincerely hate how much memes have changed. A few years back people actually tried to make things that would actually be funny, now it just seems that if you throw a grainy filter on something, add a weird text that is ironic and has a weird font, most people will laugh at it. And if you don't understand it or find it funny youre not in "le epic pepe kool kids klub"

E meme is pretty funny tho. A true post modern meme

en memeorium

Attached: 34132.jpg (200x160, 11K)

get over it loser lol

>troll physics
Glad I wasn't the only one that found those entertaining.

It seems like memes go in cycles. Does anyone remember this one?

Attached: H.gif (167x168, 22K)