I'm 25, just got a haircut about a week ago and noticed my hair is thinner...

I'm 25, just got a haircut about a week ago and noticed my hair is thinner. Baldness runs in my family and I really don't want to lose my hair, at least until I can hit bearded bear mode so it looks alright.

I started on 5% rogaine foam five days ago and just ordered some regenepure shampoo (probably snake oil)

does anyone have experience with minoxidil or similar hairloss cures?

Attached: HeroProduct.png (311x379, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1386573/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did GOMAD for 3 months and my almost-decent hairline went thin.

I did just start drinking/ eating dairy products again afters years of avoiding it due to acne. Might cut it out see if it makes any difference

nothing you can do. enjoy being bald until there is a cure. meanwhile, i will enjoy my perfect hairline presumably till i die

cut out all sources of creatine

Ok OP, I'm gonna post this and hopefully you're not retarded and haven't left your thread.

This is what you're going to have to do now that you realize you're losing your hair. You're gonna get on what's called the big 3: Finasteride, Minoxidil, and Nizoral shampoo. Cutting out dairy or becoming vegan or some other fad shit isn't what's causing hair loss and they won't do anything for regrowth.

Go to a dermatologist or a doctor and have them confirm receding hairline and they'll prescribe Finasteride. I get the 5mg generic because it's dirt cheap and cut it into fourths, so 1.25mg a day.

Apply the Minox at least once a day. Some ppl do twice a day but I do once at night cause I don't have time in the morning and I feel it works just as well.

Nizoral shampoo a few times a week. This is the one thing that I'm doubtful about its effectiveness, but some guys love it.

Do that and you pretty much won't go bald. Plus you're probably gonna look a lot better than you do now once you get regrowth, depending on how much you've lost. And don't trust these idiots crying about the sides or telling you to "just shave it all off bro". Can these meds have side effects? Of course, all medications do. But it's a timy percentage and ridiculously overblown on online forums. Try it out for a year and once you see your hair grow back, you're gonna be kicking yourself for not starting sooner. Every day that you delay starting Fin is a lost hair that isn't coming back.

And don't shave your head either. This is the worst advice and I worry about how I could have turned out if I had listened to it.

This, shaving your head is the "dadbod" of hair. It's a coping mechanism, and humans have very powerful coping mechanisms. Ask people in wheelchairs or got their faces torn off my a chimpanzee and they'll tell you "they're a better person this way". Beware of cope, it's a poison to your aesthetics.

Nizoral is an antifungal, why would you use it for baldness?

Don't listen to early 2000s memes, hairloss can be attributed to a long list of problems in men (not just allergy to DHT a byproduct of testosterone) that show women your genetic inferiority. Like stress, poor diet, and yes, fungus on the scalp. Sorry shitty memes, it's not because all that bacon you ate made you "MAAAANLY!".

>Use fin and POSSIBLY stop your hairloss
>Stay off fin and AVOIDE gyno, low sperm quality, low test, achey balls, depression

pick one faggot

>take finasteride to possibly stop hairloss
>to stop signaling genetic inferiority
>finasteride shrinks my penis and makes me impotent
>now I literally can't pass on my genes
>so much for worrying about genetic inferiority
Thanks, user.

Every thread, every god damn thread, there's some idiot minoxidil supporter I have to argue with.

Do not take minoxidil unless you're going to take it for the rest of your life. Understand that it does nothing to actually treat the cause of hair loss and you'll still go bald. It's also bad for your heart.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1386573/

Attached: Min Stopped at 96 weeks.jpg (580x444, 47K)

nizoral is fucking magic

i tried it and it does seem to rejuvenate hair

it's not as strong as minox though

I used 5% minoxidil for five months. It made my scalp drier than british humor and caused these weird almost translucent hairs to start growing on my earlobes.

Absolutely no change in my temples, so I dropped it. I still have to shave my earlobes every two weeks or so.

You've never tried it, have you. I can't wait to hear all the Fin naysayers complain when they're at Norwood 7 by the age of 29. Newsflash, balding is literally the worst trait you can have when young. Walk around a top 10 college campus and you'll be surprised at how few guys show any signs of mpb.

Hopefully nobody is retarded enough to think that the hair regrown on Minox is permanent. If you start it, you pretty much have to stay on until you get a hair transplant or until whatever miracle drug that's always "within the next 10 years" finally cures hair loss. Fin or dutasteride is the only thing that actually stops further hairloss. Unless you count RU58841 or CB-03-01

I started to see my hair receding on Nov, I'm 30, bought Rogaine foam x3 for 35 $on ebay ND use it twice a day, first on the receding parts and then all over the top. My hair line came back, my hair looks big and beautiful, like a lion mane bc I started to grow it, peers at the gym that I know for years are balding or bald already, I also use some on my patchy beard parts and seem to work. Being using it daily and I'm never gonna stop, 35 dollars for hair is a bargain.
I also take beta carotene and collagen pills I got off ebay, 4 every day and it gives my hair a nice shine and strong roots, beta carotene cost me 200 pills for 10 $ and collagen 18$ for 190.

I feel mildly guilty when I shake my hair on the gym bc all the bald men, but I have come to realize that hair is a simbol for old man, and I want to keep it.

I also stopped creatine, pre work out, w. E, only take caffeine pills and protein

So if I get on some hair growth products for the next 10 years, whats the chance some new discovery with come within that time which will pretty much be some miracle hair growth?

Most people don't think the regrowth is completely permanent, they think that it has some long term effect on hair health and that they are helping to stop their balding progression while taking it, and that's not true. It simply lengthens the growing cycle of your hair, while you still bald. Surveys have shown that the vast majority of people stop taking it within a few months because it's somewhat of a pain in the ass to take.

It has no place in the big three, it's a cosmetic product, not a real treatment. The only explanation for why it's popular at all is Rogaine shilling it for decades. Hell, they probably shill it online too.

>B-b-but it's not like Finesteride, it's safe to use!
Idiots say while they increase the size of their left vertical and raise their heart rate 3-5 points. Left ventricular hypertrophy puts you at a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.

You will actually have LESS hair if you stop taking it than if you never touched it in the first place.

left ventricle*

People 10 years ago were saying they were gonna hold off on hair treatment because the next big thing was just around the corner. Those people are bald today.
Do you have any idea how long it takes for a drug to get invented, go through all the phase trials and seek FDA approvement? For a treatment that's considered "cosmetic" such as hairloss, that shit can take much longer than 10 years. And besides, do you want to save your hair today when you're young and in your prime, or 10 years from now when you're old and working in some miserable office cubicle

>always looked young for my age
>can't grow proper facial hair
>hairline receeding like crazy at age 25
>can look neither young nor old now

It's over, this is the worst timeline

Attached: 1435034254375.jpg (366x263, 49K)

>Hair has been thin since middle school but doesn't really seem to be getting worse
>Grow a beard and keep my hair short

Way past the point of caring on this. That said, I'm glad I look okay with a buzz cut.