If we view the entire timeline of the universe, we see that it's infinite, stretching into the future forever

>if we view the entire timeline of the universe, we see that it's infinite, stretching into the future forever
>so, the probability of an event taking place in that specific point in time is zero
>there is a 0% chance of anything happening
>therefore, nothing ever happens, and the universe doesn't exist
Behold, my vast intellect.

Attached: too intelligent.png (1280x1483, 41K)

I even got trips, existence confirms.

but time did not always exist itself and its destined to end its existence as everything else.
Bad troll.

>so, the probability of an event taking place in that specific point in time is zero
Wait wat

>its destined to end its existence
lol no

Attached: im laughing at you.jpg (236x260, 17K)

As the length of the timeline increases, the probability of an event being at a certain point, approaches zero. When the timeline is infinite in length, the probability is exactly zero.
Do try to keep up.

There is a chance but its infinitely small.

>he thinks infinitesimal numbers aren't equal to zero

Attached: smug.png (307x315, 195K)

>the universe doesn't exist
how did you get to that conclusion?

Trips checked, Op words are now the laws

The future hasnt happened yet so your point is moot

but if time were to go backwards all events taking place would have a 100% chance of happening
therefore everything existed at one point

Attached: urmom.jpg (499x544, 46K)

You see, there was an entire post before that, you must've missed it. Go back and read that, then get back to me.

No.
Nowhere in that post did you mention that a necessary condition of existence of the universe was that "something happens".
And I don't see how you can make that assumption.

>Not understanding the concept of infinity
Nigger, the same could be said in the opposite ends of the spectrum, what makes you think everything isnt happening 100% of the time, therefore all is happening at the same time.

Time is such an absract thing, I'll never get my head around it. It's not a force, has no mass or energy, it's just there, and causes things to move and happen for some reason. Even if there's a heat death of the universe, time will just go on, how can time cease existing? Suddenly everything seems so absurd I feel like I'm not human anymore or something.

i should add that everything still exists since time can go backwards anyTIME

>>so, the probability of an event taking place in that specific point in time is zero
Your problem is you do not understand what probability is.
Probability is a way to determine the likelyhood of imagined scenarios. It has nothing to do with reality. In reality, nothing is a matter of chance, everything is caused.

isn't it zero and infinity at the same time? Like anything could happen at any given point, or nothing could happen at any given point. So in that sense zero and infinity are the same thing

Time is a subjective concept. Technically, when heat death happens time will cease to exists since there is nothing moving

>false premise, time isn't infinite it started at big bang and will end with the end of the universe
>Even if time is infinite, the time in which "events taking place" is a bounded subset (it's finite)
>implying events are randomly distributed
>if the universe doesn't exist then neither does time, which therefore can't be infinite

Time cannot go backwards, such an idea is ludicrus conceptually.
It has to start from the part in which it has defined bounderies. Time has a beginning, but no end, therefore it can only start at the beginning.

well, time will still be there, but it won't be noticed by anyone or anything ever again since it won't be able to cause any event to occur ever again