Hi Jow Forums. I'm phasing out my morning sit-ups because they're hurting my back a lot lately...

Hi Jow Forums. I'm phasing out my morning sit-ups because they're hurting my back a lot lately. I'm replacing them with planks.
How many seconds of planking is equivalent to a sit-up? I do 3x10 situps every morning.

Attached: goal tummy.jpg (647x395, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/are-sit-ups-bad-for-you-the-us-military-seems-to-think-so
fitwirr.com/fitness/-battle-between-crunches-vs-planks-which-abdominal-
youtu.be/44ScXWFaVBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol only 30?

I'm a little weak but I do it every morning so I assume it works

I do 40x4 you arent doing shit, maybe stop doing it on the floor and get a mat to do it on you situplet brainlet

Attached: 1525563491326.png (351x351, 153K)

I have a yogamat I do it on! the first 2x10 are pretty easy but at 3x10 its a lot of effort and it hurts my back.
Anyway I wanna replace it with planks anyway. So does anyone know how many seconds plank equals a situp?

I dont think you can substitute situps with planks, have you got somewhere you can do hanging leg raises or something? Flutter kicks kill the core pretty good aswell

40 sets of 4 situps?!

Attached: 1509706719913.jpg (641x530, 41K)

It ain’t the same shit at all bro. Just plank til failure every day

Other way around soz senpai

Attached: 1525912053806.jpg (640x471, 75K)

60s plank, if thats doable then you look up dynamic plank exercises

I was going to tell you to do something harder, but virtually anything would be more productive than what you're doing now.

Why do you say that? Surely doing 3x10 every freakin' day helps. Also I want to do more than that but after 3x10 my tummy and my back hurts. (Tummy muscles, backpain from the exercise being unhealthy)

The internet says otherwise...
issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/are-sit-ups-bad-for-you-the-us-military-seems-to-think-so
fitwirr.com/fitness/-battle-between-crunches-vs-planks-which-abdominal-

Also clearly you're all so strong & perfect and I'm a weak little ant/pea >>>>grill and you know it all. As you can see I'm trying to get stronger in this area so can you stop with the posturing and criticizing and just help me. Like seriously if you wanna show off do it somewhere else if you don't want to help geez. I'm asking you because I assume you know what you're talking about.

Pls do these instead, genuinely trying to help, planks wont shred your core just improve stability, dynamic planks can work as well just nothing static

Sorry, you're right & I missed it. I don't have something I can do hanging leg raises at home unfortunately.
Do you mean pic related for dynamic plank? That's what google gives me. Am I supposed to switch constantly or every idk 10 seconds. Flutter kicks I can definitely try on my yogamat. Thank you very much!

Attached: dynamic-plank-abs-exercises.jpg (1200x705, 44K)

That could be considered a dynamic plank, another good one is ' threading the needle', try to hold the plank for 30 seconds to a minute doing the movements at a slow but constant rate, do this 3 or 4 times, for flutter kicks just do them till you burnout, again 3 or 4 times

>threading the needle
Like this? Pic on the right looks exactly like what I want.
So do 30 seconds of slowly switching between neutral-right-center-left, pause and then 2 or 3 times more?

Attached: nWa.jpg (1200x630, 68K)

>3x10 situps
That's, uh, the equivalent of walking up a down the first floor 3 times. I wouldn't even consider it a mentioning it as a working out. If you would do 3xFailure which would amount to 3x60 or something it might be worth something, or if you do 3x10 with a 1pl8 barbell on your chest but I suspect you're a faggot who has never worked out in his entire life and started "getting into fitness" to "live a healthy and balanced life".

Basically, you're either a woman or a pussy.

PLEASE just go somewhere else why do you have to hurt me? Youre not contributing to anything just making yourself feel better by putting me down. And really that just means you are the weak one not me.

i am unironically triggered by this being memed

Yep thats threading the needle, and yep, I just thread on one side at a time, so ill do it for about a minute on left side, have a break, and do it again on the right side.

LEAVE ME ALONE BRO IM TIRED AND EATING BLAND CHICKEN

Do some planks so you know what activating your core is supposed to feel like, then start adding in exercises that will make you stronger. The issue a lot of people have with ab training, besides skipping it in the first place, is that they either don't progress or they only add time/reps to the point where they're not accomplishing much. If you want a single exercise to do on this front, get an ab wheel and find a ramp of some sort you can use to create an incline or decline so you can progress through harder variations and work your way up, since, and I don't mean to offend here, if you're challenged by a few situps, the wheel is going to beat your ass like a rented mule initially.

Thank you very much again. I think I'm helped now.

Can't wait to please my bf with it, he said it he liked that kinda tummy so that's why I'm doing it anyway. (well he said it in a way that I won't repeat here if you dont mind)

>you are the weak one not me
Stop projecting m8, you're fucking pathetic. Get your shit together, turn your life around, you are going nowhere fast.

I'm trying to help you, you dense motherfucker. Find a good routine, start working out properly, don't just do meme exercises. Fix your diet as well, it's most certainly shitty.

??
Why would I need to turn my life around or diet? I probably have more together in life than you have.

> 3x10 sit-ups
> a lot of effort and it hurts my back
You are both stupid and weak. Some other thread died so you could ask your stupidass beginner question. Sure, it was probably some SARMS/braphog/tfwnogf thread, but somehow your question is worse. You could have asked in QTDDTOT, but you NEEDED your retarded question answered. The fact that you asked such a nonsensical idiotic question; and expected it to be taken seriously, speaks volumes in your perceived self-importance. 3x10 hard, too stupid to google, and an ego? You must be a soiboi or a woman. Your question literally doesn't deserve its own thread.

wow who pissed in your cereal? xD

Just because 3x10 is hard for me doesn't mean you have the right to shoot me down okay?
I'm literally just asking a question "How many seconds of planking is equivalent to a sit-up?" because I couldn't find it on google. Also I actually got helped. You can continue to try to mock me but I got helped so your dumb rant about how I'm dumb & weak and that's why I don't get helped is not even true because I already got helped you dumb loser.
And you say I have an ego while you brag about how you do 4x40 sit-ups even though research shows its bad for your lower back but youre too dumb and hardheaded to change your ways like I am doing by replacing it by Dynamic Planks. I don't care if I'm weak I'm trying to get better abs for my tummy because my bf likes it.

I think it might be useful to start with regular planks if you have a weak core. If you can't do a minute long plank I think it would be useful to increase your stability before moving into a dynamic plank. Here's a video with good tips for doing the plank correctly.

youtu.be/44ScXWFaVBs

>xD
xD

>Just because 3x10 is hard for me doesn't mean you have the right to shoot me down okay?

It literally does mate, now fuck off

>I probably have more together in life than you have
Kek, wanna bet? You're the pathetic weakling who can't even do 10 situps without back pain.

Attached: doubt.jpg (492x280, 16K)

How do you even get back pain from situps? Try fixing your form, keep a straight back while you do them.

Based

hes probably got tight hips
t. tight hips

>you brag about how you do 4x40 sit-ups
Not even me, sad.

Assuming you want abs, sit ups and planks won't do shit.

situps are retarded and not good for your back

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Why not? What do I do if I want abs?

Clean up your diet

I have a bmi of 19 lol

> Why not?

Situps and planks increase core strength. Lifting heavy builds muscle. You're barely lifting any weight when you're doing sit-ups(it's not your full body weight).

> What do I do if I want abs?

Lift heavy everyday, keep increasing the weight.

Kneeling cable crunches(more than your body weight and increasing), weighted side bends(10-20+kgs), implying you're not a fat cunt that alone will get you decent abs. Mix in decline Russian twist and hanging leg/knee raise to round it out and if you're not a fat cunt, you'll have abs in in no time. Keep increasing the weight to build them. If you're fat you're not getting abs with a bodyfat percentage over 8-10%, so if you're fat do an hours cardio everyday and lose the fat.

PSA: Any retard who tells you to do planks and/or sit-ups to get abs doesn't have abs.

Forgot to mention:
Russian twist with weight in your hands, 5-20+ Kgs.

If your core is piss weak, exercise your core twice a week for 2-3 weeks, then every other day, then every day(+1 rest day/week), your core is one of those muscles that recovers very fast, so working it out daily is viable.

And don't forget to exercise your lower back, it's part of your core will improve the look of your abs as well as making sure your back doesn't have a stroke multiple times a week.(hyper extensions are good, weighted hyper extensions are better)

ab roller is the best ab exercise
buy a ab roller they are about 10$

Attached: 13523528672960673.gif (493x342, 400K)

what the hell do you have against ab rollers buddy

Attached: 1523851445494.png (1354x889, 61K)

Those are not things I can do at home as part of a morning routine so...
Thanks but no.

sit-ups>ab roller>>>>>planks

I just did 4 sets of 41 each cunt.

Only thing that's going to be sore in the morning is my lower back.

Meme ass bitch ass whack ass weak ass exercise stay gay bro

That is entirely too little volume for situps. If you want to be efficient, do ab rolls or hanging leg raises, at least 5x12

we're telling you what to do if you want a core like pic related in your original post, not what fits nicely into your daily schedule. Fitness is a commitment, not a pleasant side note to your day.

never gonna make it

gotta do a least sets for 50 for abs

Pretty sure OP is the tranny that used to tripfag here and shit up threads by being a tremendous faggot

It really amazes me now easy it is to tell you're a woman.

>a little weak
>3x10 situps
>A LITTLE WEAK

holy shit shut up

Why?

go to a gym fuckstick

What does that even mean