Where does vidya fit in Jow Forums's lifestyle?

where does vidya fit in Jow Forums's lifestyle?

>vidya are for basedboys

What's your excuse?

Attached: soyboi.png (1200x800, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Jow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I prefer to spend my free time banging thots

>What's your excuse?
i dont need to explain myself to a bunch of outcasts

>i dont need to explain myself to a bunch of outcasts

But you need to reply to an outcast's post.

>derp.exe

i play csgo maybe 3-2 hours at most weekly. thats it fuck you

Stop it right here

Attached: 55821A44-E060-4CF5-86C5-C9CB82CF5F50.jpg (1200x1200, 171K)

>playing a comp FPS only 3-2h a week

I dont know how you do it user, for me its either all or nothing because I cant stand sucking ass and losing. If I get back into CSGO it means playing atleast 2h daily so I can get back to Global Elite. Otherwise it is just no fun for me.

Vidyas are a waste of time for people that have nothing better to do

I play Fallout a few hours/week. Great lore, great gameplay. It’s one of the best series ever created.

>I dont know how you do it user
i do it when i have nothing else better to do desu. i wouldnt say i suck at it, i played alot whole week when i had flu and started actually sucking. i have world of tanks too but i just got two premium tanks, cant get fucked to play it all day

>got two premium tanks
also i play with overpowered gold shells and every le real gamer gets butthurt

Attached: 0234_-_LIYDk27.jpg (526x400, 61K)

i play Siege with the boys, and comfy summer time soon, so gonna replay New Vegas and Human Revolution as the warm breeze rolls through the window.

Mostly MMOs, I'm in a successful FC and static in FFXIV, looking forward to being on a cut and running the new Ultimate fight. Hardcore prog probably 5-6 hours a night.
I also need to finish Dragon's Dogma but I find as I get older I'm more interested in either competitive games or cooperative, teambuilding ones.
I'm also blessed with a job that allows me that kind of free time.

The only game I've played over the past few years is Civ. IV, but my old laptop died and I'm not going to bother downloading it again. In fact, I think I'll avoid getting Steam altogether. I've evolved beyond vidya.

Are vidya good for mental fitness, or is it just a meme to justify not doing another non dopamine-crazy activity?

Attached: think.png (898x790, 279K)

I fit it in when I'm not busy shirking my responsibilities and neglecting my well being.
It's a tough compromise, but I make it work.

whatever 'mental fitness' means, but all the zachtronic games are amazing if you're looking for stimulating, engaging, challenging games.

I go months without playing games until I see something I really want. Last game I played was Wolfenstein the new order. Waiting for red dead 2.

Ask Pilav how it fits in, moron.
Oh you cant lift as much as he can and you havent won competition and set a lifting record for your country?
You should try wow, faggot.

i never played them as a child but recently started. they’re a nice way to unwind on a day off after the gym, but i haven’t had time for them at all since i got a gf.

I play PALADINS

Don't make the mistake of getting Wolfenstein: the new colossus
It's shit

If you spent your life not playing video games all day, you almost definitely could find some mentally stimulating games and play them in reasonable portions and it would be good for your mental health. Most people who play games who grew up playing them all day and doing nothing else should avoid them as they age. Pretty much doing anything else at all will be a better use of their time.

I only play Red Orchestra 2 because you can play as Germans and fuck up commies.
Also it increases reflexes/reaction time so its all good

Fuck you Space Chem, fuck you for making me feel stupid.

Attached: SpaceChem-2018-05-12 21.10.16 (2).webm (640x360, 1.92M)

Guess I'm a basedboy.

I play Football Manager, but haven't touch proper games in a few years now.

i am literally from /v/. so when im not working out, im playing games

I really like vidya, its the best way to kill time. When you went to work and to the gym after that on a typical weekday I don´t want to interact with anybody, and vidya is always there for me. However it has been becoming less and less fun over the past two years, on many evenings I just go for a long walk. Fresh air is a great thing.

i only play video games in the summertime because i know if i do it during school it will consume me. i just make sure it never interferes with my lifting or eating habits. every so often i will consider blowing off my friends to play mountain blade or new vegas but usually i hang out with them cuz i love them so much. as i get older i feel more guilty about spending time playing games
i think after i get accepted to a graduate program or get a great job i wont feel so guilty

Attached: 1470953937734.png (558x472, 475K)

Deadly Rooms of Death games also, more of a focus on actual puzzle solving in a variety of forms.

Sadly there is no place for vidya in an healthy lifestyle. These days I only play a couple of hours after dinner but I really should be more productive things.

I make games but I don't often play them. Making them is more fun anyway.

Whenever I feel like it.

>sitting in front of a screen for several hours doing literally nothing
Fucking brainlets

To a degree, they are good for mental fitness, but like with anything else, all things in moderation.

I should really get back to that, I've made it my mission to clear out my backlog and I just decided it would take too long to beat so I just deleted it. Going to reinstall once I'm done

People that enjoy video games but don't do it anymore, because it's not "cool" or doesn't fit their "lifestyle" but still want to play from time to time are retarded.
If you want to play some games and can make time to do it, why not?
I mean it's saturday night, and we are all fucking autists anyway. The only real plan is to waste your time on a Turkmenian carpet weaving board, but you might as well fire up that game you've been wanting to play

You know what,

I lift and do sports. As well as that, I play keyboards and occasionally vidya.

The point is to play artistic vidya, not sport vidya (like CS Go or Call of duty), unless you can limit it to few hours a week or half a week, depending on thing that you do for a living (study, job or something).

Simply, I see vidya as artistic as movies and when I feel like doing it, I do it and finish it, if I have time. Just don't let yourself get addicted and manage your time good. That's all.

For you that say that it's a waste of time or that people do it because they don't have anything better to do, you just don't appreciate art. That's like saying: "Don't waste your time with that books/music"

I play Forza a lot because I really love cars but too broke to afford a decently fast one. Those are my current games (plus some digitals)

Attached: 20180509_122701.jpg (2048x1152, 759K)

I spent almost all my free time on vidya ever since I was 8 years old
28 now and growing out of vidya, I dont even enjoy it anymore. But I have no motherfucking clue what to do with my time without it.

boy i really hope this poster doesnt go on Jow Forums!

Attached: 1429677960332.gif (250x250, 1.11M)

Is reddit spacing become prime bait or what happening?

They keep adding too many new tanks and nations and gametypes and shit. It forces casuals like me to either commit to being a daily player (nope) or give up. Which is a shame as I was a pretty fucking good Arty player at one point.

if you got time to waste and no obligations / goals to pursue then go on playing vidya mate

Usually at the very end of my day, after I'm done with work and lifting/running. It's great for rest days if you have nothing else going on. I avoid playing it right up before bed time.

Like what? Watch soap operas and tv talent shows? Read sub-Tom Clancy tier pulp novels? Listen to the trash that's on commercial radio these days? Hang out at the bar getting older and fatter as you shoot the shit and knock back overpriced yeast water? Spin your wheels playing golf to a permanently amateur level? Watching cookie cutter cape-flicks at the cinema? Sitting on the couch restlessly flicking between four different social media platforms until one in the morning?

There are plenty of socially acceptable normie pastimes that are every bit as much of a pointless timesink as vidya. Hell, probably most are worse. Anything that keeps you in a safe, undemanding comfort zone for too long is a potentially bad thing. I like vidya because it caters for everyone these days. You want a comfy puzzle game to unwind? Covered. Something cinematic and action packed? Sure. Retro or retro-styled? Got it. Something that can become a years-long investment of time and imagination? Yep. Something you can enjoy playing for two hours and never return to? That exists as well. I honestly don't know why vidya has this lingering stigma.

Resident evil 4
Baldur's Gate 1&2
Skyrim
Mine craft (single player
Call of duty zombies
Devil may cry 4

All good games to play and replay.

Anything else probably sucks.

This guy gets it.

thats why i got premium tank. its retarded to pay money for vidya but i kinda justify it when i have nothing better to do...

>Resident evil 4
based leon was reason why i started to work out

Is that a GoW/Rare double pack?! That's not something I ever expected to see.

I got "called out" for this the other day. What the fuck? How else are you meant to separate paragraphs on a plaintext imageboard?

Competitions and winning increase test. A competitive multiplayer game is Jow Forums, especially if you play at high level. I'm talking LoL CSGO Dota etc.
Personally I'm D1 in league.

There's nothing Jow Forums about singleplayers and consoles.

Attached: leblanc___league_of_legends__3v__by_sciamano240-dboyogf.jpg (600x800, 102K)

You are a fucking moron. MMORPG is the reason video games have gone to shit.

Go back to leveling up your LoL character, instead of shitposting and not lifting.

/v/ermins you'll never make it, keep playing your manchilds' singleplayers and quick play in overwatch

>There's nothing Jow Forums about singleplayers and consoles
>implying any vidya is Jow Forums
>being this delusional

gotta love summer

Why would I play over watch are you fucking retarded? sorry we made fun of your 300 hours logged on LoL I know that is a lot of time to spend on a shit game.

I played through Shantae: Half-Genie Hero when it came out, and started on the Risky Boots DLC.
I've only started the Winter Wonderland DLC for Dark Souls 3, but I gather they've released two more, and there's a remaster of the first game (Which I probably have over 2000 hours in, across platforms and accounts, from before I started getting fit). I also haven't finished Bloodborne, and mostly just use my PS4 to play music from. Then I hear there's a new Red Dead Redemption game coming out too.
I just don't have the time for getting properly into it with all the other stuff I have to do. Work, lifting, hiking, hunting, shooting, diving... Not to mention I-ve got a house that needs some work, and friends I enjoy spending time with. If I have a moment's peace, I'll kick back with a good book, or go on my favorite Manchurian horse insemination bulletin board and explain why I'm not playing videogames.

Wait you are d1 in league? How long have you been playing?

Samefagging this hard.
Defending MMoRPGS
Go back to /v/

Long enough to be a faggot.

Grand Strat
Tycoon
Racing

Generally when I have free time. But I can't shake the feeling anymore that I'm wasting my time

>Baldur's Gate 1&2

We should go into the mobile vegetable peddling business together

you're the one samefagging you also sound ESL. you realize none of the games i'm talking about are mmos? your comments are so retarded i tried to ignore them.
stay mad you will never achieve anything in your life wether it's IRL or in-game. you must've peaked gold and swapped to a more casual game like fortnite, huh? that's why you're mad i mentionned i'm d1? fucking retard you wouldn't even dare look at me IRL

Because the hours per dollar of video games is the most efficient of any of my hobbies besides lift. I read for work so I'm not going to read after dinner and before bed. I only drink once a week so the other weekend nights are vidya. The two hours a night people spending watching TV I would rather game since I don't find TV very compelling.

I play generals, zero hour, rotr mod for generals, gta 3, battle for middle earth 1 and 2with expansion, skyrim, oblivion, spintires, and age of empires.
I never play online and i play only 2 hours a day unless i shitpost too much.
I dont work out at all and practice jedi powers as i call it, mind tricks irl. I love driving cars but i get scared to shit when im at crossroads
Vaginas look gross, disgusting. When i imagine sex, i do so that the female has no vagina, only her asshole, andshe doesnt shit

I play Dead Cells over 10 hr+ a week. It's really fun and almost complete. Roguelike where you can jump in and save your progress. Plus You don't lose all your possible weapon scrolls and other shit upon death. Devs are competent and engage with the community.

Attached: cdeadcek - Copy.jpg (460x215, 111K)

>Which is a shame as I was a pretty fucking good Arty player at one point
>good Arty player
>Arty
LMAO

LoL is not multiplayer? and online?

You must be a pussy lol bragging about video game accomplishments.

I quit 6 months ago.
Never looked back.

why would I play fortnite? to be a normie faggot?

Attached: 1523328888902s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

PES is the only vidya you should play. It is Jow Forums approved. Friendly reminder to cheer on Jow Forums in the ongoing Spring Babby Cup.

Attached: 202.webm (960x540, 2.69M)

it doesn't really get in the way so i play my dreamcast quite a bit

>following soccer
>kek

Attached: 1526159729383.jpg (600x532, 40K)

Tbh I'm only waiting for Bannerlord but it's never coming.

Holy kek
Got any more?

Attached: 1524306409361.png (1063x337, 406K)

sauce?

Attached: 1496560433538.gif (320x232, 1.43M)

I play alot of games I can play in short intervals. Slay the spire and the like.

me in the cape

I miss playing cs 1.6 with my friends

Attached: 1526076459217m.jpg (662x1024, 84K)

Still can't believe the degenerates at /u/ won the last cup

i unironically play vanilla world of warcraft. i took 4 days off from gym for the last private server launch to grunge for 48 hours straight, but prepped food and watched my diet closely.

it's the life desu. grind weights and watch my strength go up. grind dungeons and watch my dps go up.

Here you go friends,
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Jow Forums
The webms are from today's match against /tv/

Attached: 201.webm (960x540, 2.65M)

I play osrs whenever I am not working out so around 12 hours a day

Attached: Strength_cape_emote.gif (196x216, 510K)

I play mechwarrior

Attached: elementals vs mech.jpg (600x442, 66K)

I wish people still played half life 2 deathmatch, playing on killbox servers was the best.

Playing a high test game is about as good as watching a high test film.

i try not to play, but i just end up wasting time on Jow Forums or reading anyway. not like i have anything else to do

i remember when i was super into rs, i miss it a little

Am I the only one here who can only do one thing at a time? If I play a vidya, I play it all day every day until I finish it. Same with anything else like a show or a book. That's why I don't have Netflix anymore and only play 3-4 games a year.

I get bored by video games. It all feels so pointless. Not that I spend my time super efficiently, but with video games you can feel the time slipping away and it feels so shitty.

I usually play cuphead with my best friend / lifting buddy for an hour or so after hitting the gym. It's a good way to wind down, we used to just get drunk. Cuphead is a high test game because it's challenging and requires teamwork, and every time we beat a boss our bond grows stronger.

It fits nowhere. 90% of video games should be classified as drugs. A very unhealthy ‘hobby’

Attached: 747884993.jpg (1832x988, 672K)

Unironically think about your life more deeply if you actually bang thots.