So decades like the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's conjure up well-known songs of that decade

So decades like the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's conjure up well-known songs of that decade.

Seems like 2000 this stopped. I can't think of music that defines 00-10. Is it just me?

Now it's like music doesn't make sense anymore. Sometimes I am at place where they play music and it's like things are stuck on the 80's or 90's.

I feel like there is stagnation and society is stuck.

What happened?

I know there is anything out there if I search for it online, but I feel like something has died with music.

Attached: 2000-2010.jpg (726x494, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vQ52IdKtDMM
youtu.be/qRcHtAMntGI
youtu.be/IdEguwlNgL8
youtu.be/04F4xlWSFh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Strokes and Arcade Fire represent the sound of the 2000s.

>I can't think of music that defines 00-10.
Interpol - Turn on the bright lights
Madvillainy
Arcade Fire
Radiohead

Emo I think represents the 00s well

2000s was the hip hop baggy clothes decade

If you had to pick, which part of 00s culture did you prefer? Late Y, or Early Z?

Attached: image.jpg (1128x1535, 1.11M)

That's because the culture of the 2000s was videogames, at least for young men
the culture of the 2010s will probably be politics or memes or some gay shit

>What happened?
the breaking down of the barriers to producing content that can reach a wide audience. now you have entire genres of music like vaporwave that aren't produced by traditional record labels whereas before the 2000s you needed to sign with a label to get recognition.

The creation of sites like bandcamp and soundcloud as well as many artists struggling under record labels led to that, so now anyone can make their own content and there's tons of niches to make content for. Music didn't get shittier outside of radio pop garbage, you just need to look in other places.
Been awhile since I last heard of El Tigre.

And the retarded emo/punk rock music with that weird flame hairstyle.

Attached: 418241234.jpg (494x322, 43K)

I feel like the early 2000s(2000-2003) were like the last breath of the 20th century. The Internet was still cool and not redditified, and didn't completely overwhelm our lives yet, social media was not too prominent, rock music was still popular (even if you hated pop punk, at least it was still rock in some form, unlike now where it's replaced by mumble rap), Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network still had some good shows like in the 90s, the economy was still good, social norms and face to face communication were still there, media still had a warm analog feel to it. The late 2000s are where we entered the real 21st century with the Recession and iPhone and Facebook overtaking MySpace.

For young men in the 2000s it was wearing baggy jeans and jerseys, making gang signs, listening to rap, Crip walking, and talking like they're from the ghetto.

2008 was the last year things were great. 2012 was the last year things were good. Since 2012, everything's been bad.

Change 2008 to 2005 and 2012 to 2007. 2008 was the point of no return because of the Recession and Obama.

Late Y, of course. Early Z culture is garbage and I feel sorry for anyone who had childhoods in the mid 2000s. Fuck, the early 2000s were the shit.

>The Strokes and Arcade Fire represent the sound of the 2000

Attached: 3D10BE8A-A4D8-4BF9-A625-C36AD723487C.jpg (1024x961, 68K)

2000-2010 was big for nu metal

No offense user but if you can't think of definitive songs and bands of the 2000s you're either really young or really old.

>I feel like there is stagnation and society is stuck.
I agree with this though. This decade is absolute garbage. We need to move onto the 2020's already and hope it'll be good.

Because people only remember the good parts of the 50's-90's, but you were old enough to remember the bullshit from this decade

Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears were huge in the 2000s

Don't you mean "late 2000s"? Late Y encompasses both early and mid 2000s.

Eminem was at peak popularity in the 2000s
Pop punk kicked off big time
Shitty emo music became massive
Britney Spears was also massively popular

Also shitrock like Nickelback was popular.

Attached: 1465449774663.jpg (1956x825, 114K)

Oops, good catch. I meant mid-late.

I honestly couldn't name a good or memorable song from the 2010s, at least not mainstream popular top 100 shit anyway. There's been some really good lesser known releases.

>Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears were huge in the 2000s
I remember buying my first deck of Yu-Gi-Oh from Barnes and Noble (I think it was that one) while they played Complicated by Avril Lavigne. The fucking nostalgia whenever I hear that song. I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh anymore and a few years ago I smelled the same scent of the decks from that time and instantly I thought of Avril Lavigne.

I can only remember meme songs from the 2010s desu
>call me maybe
>friday
>baby
>turn down for what

arctic monkeys
killers
blink 182
coldplay
weezer
a bunch of faggy so called punk bands

pretty shitty decade desu. lot of good music, but an overwhelming amount of shit music. I feel like thats every decade though. Just gotta sort through the shit to find the good stuff. I feel like for every 100 songs i listen to these days I find 1 I like

It was all Bed rock by Lil Wayne, Down by that one Indian guy, and T-Pain music.

Shit man I remember those days. First deck I bought was the Kaiba starter deck, I had wanted a blue eyes white dragon so badly.

I still have it too. The box is beat to shit but it's got all the cards I think.

Yeah, those are probably all that will be remembered the same way people only know cheesy 80s synthpop and cheesy 90s boybands.

Oh god, the Kaiba starter deck. YES, old school Yugioh was amazing. I ended up buying a blue eyes structure deck a few years ago for nostalgia because I lost my old blue eyes. The design was different though :(
Are you me? That's where I heard Complicated by Avril Lavigne too.

My brother got a blue eyes white dragon that day and I didn't. He always got 1 amazing card in his decks when I just got mediocre cards across the board. Fuck that used to activate my almonds.
Kek Barnes and Noble used to be the shit before it went bankrupt

Old school as it gets man. My brothers got the Yugi and Joey starter decks but I wanted the Kaiba deck since to kid me Kaiba was super badass.

I've still got the original blue eyes from the deck plus two additionals I won at school. I wonder if any of it's valuable, do people still like YuGiOh?

Hey Ya

Linkin Park, Tay Zonday, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Miley Cyrus, Train, System of a Down, In Flames, The Black Eyed Peas, HIM.

There are a lot more. These are just some that just came to me offhand.

>emo
Is there a worst form of music or music fanbase than emos?
Genuinely asking here.

Attached: fd009d3a4604086ffbb28b44384e79cd.jpg (375x500, 33K)

Some of my friends go to game shops to compete in Yugioh tournaments so I guess it's still played by some. It's totally unrecognizable to me now though.

Oh, how could I forget, Muse and My Chemical Romance.

I know it changed at some point but my interest waned pretty fast back then. We were swamped by shit like Pokemon, Digimon, Zoidikas etc so none of it lasted long and now I've got a tonne of original near mint shit from that time period in a box at my parents place.

I still enjoyed it all though but that South Park episode about kids moving onto the next big thing weekly is pretty accurate.

>Zoidikas
I mean Zoids. For some reason I remember it as being Zoidikas.

I think you're Only saying that because you were too old for Early Z. Is there really a difference between, say, Drake and josh (late y) and icarly (early z)?

Arguable, but possibly pop boy bands?

I liked the 00-10 decade better than the 10-20 one.

The 2000's will go down as the Lost Decade

The incredible thing is that these fags are still around

00-06 had some good to it but 06-09 was the rise of the terrible fucking shitty social media age

Some people just can't let go.

Goddamn i feel sorry for gen Z

youtu.be/vQ52IdKtDMM
youtu.be/qRcHtAMntGI
youtu.be/IdEguwlNgL8

I really miss music like this why 2010's music are so annoying to hear? There's too many ridiculous bullshit vocal

Attached: 31.5.png (942x677, 1.17M)

Is it weird that I unironically like early 2010s memes?
>rage comics
>mlg parodies
>advice animals
etc

Think that's this decade, actually.

>Derivative films
>Social media dominance
>Political implosion
>Faltering recovery from the recession
>Ascent of corporate power over culture and everyday life

I guess if we become Shadowrun this'll be remembered, but besides that, it's pretty bleh.

I only see them as a nostalgic kind of thing, like rewatching a show you know is bad but you liked as a kid. Otherwise I hate them.

What absolutely terrible these last two decades have been. 21st century had awful as of yet. I fear what the 2020's hold.

World War 3 is inevitable. Given today's geopolitical situation it's practically guaranteed to happen in the 2020s.

>tfw kicked out of military and cant participate in WW3

Attached: 895E3BB0-5D1B-44E2-BAD6-C8068720C262.jpg (716x1024, 68K)

>tfw we will be the generation before the new boomers
>tfw we will be too old to enjoy the fruits of a post ww3 world

somehow i feel like our life expectancy will be longer if we were in the military, especially the navy

Radiohead was the 90s. The other bands didn't have mass appeal.

I can't see any of the current developed countries getting out unscathed this time. In WW2 the US avoided most of the fighting and reaped all the benefits, but most likely everyone will get hit hard this time. After all:
>hypersonic cruise missiles
>torpedoes with unlimited range
>stealth fighters
>thousands of nukes
>railguns
>lasers
It'd be interesting to see how it all plays out. I imagine it'd be a war of truly global proportions this time, rather than focused on Asia and Europe. Imagine precision strikes, tactical nukes, and the ability to project power anywhere in the world within hours. That's what modern superpowers can do that was impossible in WW2.

Most likely, we'll all get nuked to the stone age and the next generation of boomers will find themselves in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

>Post ww3 world

I don't think that's actually gonna be all that great of a place.

Attached: 175450d3a811e29c3399dd881ee77d56[1].jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

People are fucking retarded if we allow this to happen.
I don't even care anymore, we deserve to be destroyed.

is worse, but it's close.
Not that I would wear it in a million years, but I unironically wish emo was still a thing. Best dumb teenager trend imo, and they were the most fun to laugh at.

*Not that I would be a part of it
retarded me forgot it's a whole music-inspired subculture

Green Day
Fallout Boy
Panic at the Disco

The 00's was all emo music and the Iraq War. And who could forget the anthem of that war?
youtu.be/04F4xlWSFh0

2000-2007 was great (the prime) for internet and tech