LONELY DRIVER GENERAL /ldg/: CUTE EDITION

Cute. CUUUTE!

i'm so lonely plz help

Attached: fiatabarth6951.jpg (660x420, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-mazda-mx-5-miata/6594391984.html
youtu.be/g9ZwnZ6sHsw
youtu.be/dOSzCHmP1xM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not this shit again. What did I tell you last thread? Only normies drive. Stop shitting up my emotion board and go to reddit.

Attached: 1526336272896.jpg (409x409, 31K)

Do you know how to drive stick? Less than 10% of the population can drive stick. If you can't then you have to go back

Look at this normalfag lol.

i like driving

>only normies drive
excuse me w h a t
Normies hate driving, or think of it as boring at best.
It takes a real weirdo to actually *enjoy* guiding a 4000lb hunk of metal and plastic down an asphalt strip.
>tfw all the roads here are just straight lines because I live in a flat state

Attached: 18198627_10154663399688022_260202741192357199_n.jpg (261x150, 9K)

I'll have you know that my choice of road weaponry is only 2700 pounds!

I am here for you, lonely OP.

My night riding chariot

Attached: 1999 Miata Night 03.jpg (1620x1080, 813K)

More of my 10AE

Attached: 1999 Miata 02 .jpg (2672x2448, 1.78M)

Mine's 3,800, lol. I pulled that 4k figure from "average weight of burger car" on google.
I'd like to have a lighter car, and I'd REALLY like to having something with a stick again, but for now I'll just put up with my rwd burgermobile...

Attached: dodge.jpg (1334x1000, 167K)

Lonely road edition

Attached: 1999 Miata 05 .jpg (1920x1080, 976K)

She's a big girl, originally thicc

that's pretty hecking a e s t h e t i c user
Yeah, I'm certainly happy to have a rwd car at all, considering my financials. It's only the v6 automatic base model, claimed 250hp, so not exactly "fast" but not a slow car either. Surprisingly good handling, I'm pretty sure it came with an LSD from the factory, according to forums the first year to have it was '09 and mine sure leaves two marks on the ground.

How much did you pay for it and how's the maintenance been so far?

I used to have an automagic rwd sedan, it was god tier for highway cruising. It's a different kind of fun than driving my Miata, but I loved it

Actually, I didn't... It was my mothers car before mine, she was the one that added all the rice tier cosmetics. It's at just under 100k right now, and has needed nothing more than tires + oil it's whole life. I'm about to do the timing belt soon though, planning to do it myself if it's not too bad of a job.
You can find one around the ~$5000 where I live, condition is key but they're pretty solid cars imo.
You're absolutely right. I take the interstate on my work commute, if conditions are right I can find myself breaking 100 without even thinking about. Lane changes are super crisp and responsive.

How do I buy a used honda civic for around $5-6k that isn't a piece of shit

>he drives the autism car

Great color choice user

I wish i owned the og abarth 695. 38hp of pure fun

For 5-6k you can get a perfect civic from the early 2000's

I'm sorry you don't know how to drive user. If I knew you I would teach you. I even have manual which is the most intriguing to drive. With that said, pls no bully /ldg/

Attached: 1504687473212.jpg (500x493, 37K)

You r lik lil baby.
Mine road machine is only 2500 punds

>tfw you will never drive perfection in car form.
Why even live?

Attached: download (10).jpg (275x183, 12K)

pardon my ignorance but a 20 year old car doesn't sound very good

what is your experience or where can I look at them?

Going for a lonely drive tonight robots, so exited.

Older cars are the most fun user. Running condition civics go for 1-4k. Go on craigslist and look in your area for a civic. A manual is better. Even better for 6k you can get a perfect condition miata. The miata is one of the most fun cars ever made

Hell yea user. I am going aswell, which state do you drive in? Are there alot of backroads near you?

>a 20 year old car doesn't sound very good
you need to go back

It's a more connected experience than a modern car. You feel the road, you feel the quirks of the car, the vibes of the motor, etc. If you really *enjoy* driving then a good older car is actually preferable to a new one in many cases. Plus it's cheaper, and when shit breaks you can fix it yourself without thousands of dollars worth of specialty tools and diagnostic gizmos.

I don't know anything about cars, i just need independence and the ability to get myself places instead of relying on the spics in public transportation

age doesnt matter as long as it has manual gearbox and perhaps RWD + turbo. Modern cars with these criteria are silly expensive on the most part.

Attached: s12.png (429x241, 265K)

Get a manual miata fren. The most reliable sports car ever made. You will find a new love for cars.

Come on man the 037 was waaaaay better

Then you probably came to the wrong thread, buddo.
That said, for what you want, a civic probably isnt the best choice. Most civics in your price range have probably been owned by dumb kids who believed in the "muh vtec" meme... Well, the 4-door versions are probably a bit better off, definitely don't get a two door.
If you just want something reliable to commute with, an Accord or a Camry from that same era are good choices and are easier to find in non-riced condition.
The Manual Miata meme is a good path to take if you have any interest in actually enjoying driving, but they're smaller cars so not as practical in moving things or people.

Mine is cuter and more original

Attached: IMG-20180316-WA0005.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Fuck bmw with their nu mini's. The og mini was a rally god.

2kawaii4me. Those plastic archs, is it a late 90's 2000 something model? Also, do you live in Israel or something?

Thats like a 70's model i think

Yeah, definitely older than a 90s model. Those plastic arches would have been added more recently by an owner.

Its a 1974, the 90s ones had fibreglass arches that were about twice as wide as these
I live in egypt so you were pretty close
fun fact: this is one of approximately 20 running minis in the country

Mine is obviously superior and cuter you peasants

Attached: mini.jpg (275x183, 10K)

How do you tell if someone is legit or not? Would you buy this? How do you drive manual?

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-mazda-mx-5-miata/6594391984.html

Looks legit enough to me, although I'm not a miata expert so idk. Price doesn't look too far off from what I've seen.
I'll leave it to the miatabois on here to tell you if it's actually worth buying.
For learning to drive manual, the best advice I can give you is make friends with someone who drives manual and get them to teach you. You can learn the basic idea from youtube videos, but you probably won't "Get it" until you're actually in the car doing it, and having someone there who actually knows what's going on is pretty helpful.

youtu.be/g9ZwnZ6sHsw this is everyhing you need. That car looks well taken care of so you definitely should check it out. Bring a friend with you. Also if you dont know how to drive stick yet and the car looks good, buy it and learn on the go. Thats what i did with my abarth.

/o/ usually has a Miata General going so I'd ask them. For that year you're paying a meme tax, so it would be good to look for a second gen Miata, which can be had in much better condition for the same price. Only year to really avoid is 1999. I'd be very wary of structural rust on that one (the exposed bit of trunk does not look good), and what the fuck is going on with the inside of the doors I'd rather not know.

Learning manual is easy. You should be able to get it down in 15 minutes or less.

Heres a vid on the basics of a manual. Trust me when i say manual cars are much, much more fun than their autotragic counterparts.

Fuck forgot the link, heres the vid on how to drive.
youtu.be/dOSzCHmP1xM

>15 minutes or less

Yeah, no... If this is for the same guy who was asking about Civics earlier, It's gonna take a little more than that. Getting into it knowing *nothing* about cars, manual takes a bit of effort to learn. A few hours of driving at least before I'd feel comfortable doing it alone.
Granted, the car itself matters a lot. My first experience with manual was in a f150 with a funky feeling clutch, it seemed to work like an on-off switch... VERY easy to stall. But once you get past that, it's really just muscle memory.

The miata is one of the easiest cars to learn on.

Well, I've not driven one (yet), but that would make sense considering the lack of weight makes the clutch easier. If the gearbox is decent then maybe he'll pick it up quicker than I did, but the muscle memory is still an important part and not something that you can really rush.

Depends on the car. I learned stick when I bought an AP1 S2000 and had to drive it home in rush hour traffic. It was easy. Miata is a bit easier. Stuff like steep hill starts and perfect heel toe take a bit longer. A shitty old truck will definitely be different. My favorite was this old Ranger that a friend of mine had. No tach, clutch made of rubber, shifter that felt like stirring marbles, manual steering...it was a piece of shit but I loved driving it. Someday I want to try a car with a dogbox.

Yuropoors sell a fiat 500 abarth with one. The tranny is a 15kusd option

This is the 695 abarth. Its a 60k fiat 500 but its so cool

Attached: abarth-695-002_0.jpg (900x596, 81K)

I saw one of these today. It is surreal how small they are in person. Like a hardtop go-kart or something. It had 12" wheels.

>the absolute state of the US
No offence, but I find it mind-boggling that so many people drive auto there. In my country, everyone drives manual. I know only one person with an auto and that's because he's loaded and uses it as a status symbol. I've never even driven an auto

> 60k fiat 500

that's like a gilded jeweled turd

Attached: turbo-teen.gif (320x240, 671K)

In america, most cars don't even have manual as an option anymore. And it's been this way for so long that it's getting hard to actually find ANY decent manual cars... Most of the ones left are either fwd shitboxes, abused to hell and back, or massively overpriced.

A gilded jewel turd that is a track beast atleast.

Yeah its crazy how small they look in person
Mine has 12s but a lot of minis have 10 inch wheels to help absorb potholes and stuff better

>fwd shitboxes
I don't get the fwd hate. To be fair, I've only ever driven fwd, but haven't noticed any glaring issues from it. What are the advantages and disadvantages of fwd and rwd?

Also, pic related is my dream car but I live in a rural area so every time I sneeze I'd probably bottom out the car

Attached: Toyota MR2.jpg (969x646, 66K)

Of course it comes down to personal preference, but rwd (or awd) is *almost* unanimously preferred in performance circles.
-Better power delivery: a rwd car will shift weight onto the rear during launch which helps keep traction. This is why all musclecars and pony cars are rwd even today, when commuters are fwd.
-Better handling: There's a few different reasons for this, some more legit than others. Part of it is the weight distribution, having the transmission behind the engine means a weight distribution closer to 50/50 between the axles. A FWD with a transaxle has all that weight right up front. Another factor is that each set of tires have only one task to do with their allotted grip: Fronts steer, rears drive. In FWD, the front tires do both.
-D o r i f t o: You can't spin the rear wheels to stay in a drift with a car that can't spin the rear wheels. 'Nuff said.
-Maintenance: this is ENTIRELY opinion based, but I'd say that rwd cars are easier to work on. The belts are right up front, the transmission isn't underneath the engine, There's usually a bit more room in the engine bay due to the layout, etc... This varies from car to car, of course, and there are plenty of exceptions. Like that MR2 you want, that's a mid engine. WHOLE different animal, maintenance wise.

>What are the advantages and disadvantages of fwd and rwd?
weebfags just think rwd is the best because they can do doriftos. i had a fwd elantra for a while. total underpowered sloppy shitbox but i enjoyed it. of course there all the mechanical advantages of rwd but honestly i couldn't give a shit and i would guess the average driver doesnt either. i just like making noise and passing grannies in their buicks.

Attached: IMG_20180608_113351.jpg (3965x2569, 1.61M)

>you will never have deep intimate chats with your gf while cruising around driving at night

My dream is why I drive alone.

>D o r i f t o
When I hit corners in fwd I feel I have more control on the drift as the front of the car is pulling the tail. I handbrake, the back carries on straight but the front is turning the corner.
Wouldn't rwd lose a lot of control and power as the wheels spin because there's no power output onto the road?

Attached: 1528111860218.png (540x540, 338K)

We don't need girls, we're drivers!
>no power output onto the road
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. Even though the wheels are still spinning an not completely in "traction", they're still putting down power. Think of it like a clutch halfway engaged. And that power is pushing you wherever the nose of the car is pointed, so you can still control it with steering. I'll admit I'm no expert, I drive an automatic american burgerbox so drift isn't really much of an option, but that's the way I understand it.

Attached: lonely drivers.png (634x436, 469K)

With gas in my tank and feels in my heart, I take to the twilight road and drive.

godspeed, user, godspeed, in an original format

How do you guys settle on a car? I've been looking for a car for the past year and a half and I can never pick one.

Attached: c9ca4af22874f4745be01c76ffe084bax.jpg (640x480, 27K)

I don't. I have no money so I'm just thankful I got a handme-down clunker from my sister. It runs okay and I can still enjoy driving it so I try to be grateful even though I'm too embarrassed to tell you guys what it is.

I like the idea of a small car it'd be easy to park and good on gas but dislike the fact they aren't meant for tall folks or the fact they can't haul boards or anything heavy like a truck can.

It's fairly simple. Pick a type of car you like. Stuff like:
-Body Style (sedan, hatch, SUV)
-Drivetrain (fwd, rwd, or awd?)
-Brands you like? Dislike?
-Any particular model you want?
If you need help with any of that, do research or ask people. There's something out there that fits your needs.

Once you know *what* you want, set a price range, and start searching for cars in that range. If you can't find anything good, you may have to give up on some of your requested specs. Once you've found a few, arrange for test drives, and if any of them seem like the right one for you, go for it. It's a big commitment, but also one of the most rewarding ones possible.
Oh come ON, you can't taunt us like that. Tell us, we won't judge. Everyone's had a shitty car at some point. I spent my highschool years in a shitty hyundai tucson, with the exhaust pipe knocked out and a rust hole in the right rear quarterpanel. My car was a literal meme for how slow and obnoxious it was.

>Have owned AW11 for two months
>Have driven it maybe 50 miles
>Afraid to drive it more because FL wheel bearing is made entirely of endplay
>No time to replace it because other projects
>Boss wants it out of the holding lot
>Can't move it until it's fixed
>Can't fix it because the shop is crammed full of cars on weekends.
How do I win?

I buy more than one.

It's a 2004 PT Cruiser
Things dented and scratched all over, with lots of cracks in the front bumper.

fix it you fagit

>pt cruiser
Oof user, I see why you'd be embarrassed, those things don't come with too good of a reputation. Although I've heard they aren't *too* bad for what they are, the stigma around them makes them untouchable. But if you enjoy it, then good for you my frend, take good care of it.

Attached: 1528762536549.jpg (304x288, 19K)

I had one as a rental once and it was easily the worst car I've ever driven. Made me swear off of American shit forever.

First lets start with: this is not drifting.
buuut
There is something to be said for this. I have a fwd (keep in mind it has an lsd) by choice because I use my car the most in the winter and you can get really fucking hektik rallying around snow with fwd because you can go so far past the danger zone without ending in the ditch. Of course many will say awd can do this better, sure. not going to argue with that. That in no way means it's necessary though, I mean hell look at fwd rally, they get on just fine.
If you live in hot climate rwd>everything, but for me, I fucking love fwd in snow.

Attached: 290873458934.jpg (865x557, 341K)

I don't think you understand.
It's sitting at the back of a six-car holding pen outside of the shop I work at. I need to move it from that spot into the shop in order to get it on a lift so I can pull the knuckle off and replace the bearing. I can't do it on weekends because there are too many cars in the shop and the pen. I'd need to move AT LEAST 4 cars out of the way in order to work on it but I can't because company policy doesn't allow cars outside during non-working hours. If I'm to use to shop outside of business hours it has to look as closed as possible so retards don't roll up and get mad when I tell them we're closed and I'm there on my own time (this has happened more than once). Basically, I need my service writer to not be a dick and leave me some room to work on the car but he's not having any of that so he fills the schedule with shit for weeks ensuring that there is no free space whatsoever. I literally haven't even touched the car in 6 weeks. I could've worked on it today because 4 of my appointments never showed up but he wouldn't let me because "somebody might come in".

I don't think that *one* subpar fwd postmodern family car should be enough to completely swear you off of a nationwide industry, but ok... you do you pal
very valid point here. I'm the user that posted that long "why rwd is better" meme, I live in florida so snow literally isn't a thing for me. I wouldn't want to be stuck with an rwd daily in a northern climate.

Civics for that price range are rarely pieces of shit. Civics are great carsxand I really enjoy mine. This ain't my dream car, but I love it and couldn't ask more out 9f a daily.
If you buy it off some minus 25 years old bro, it might be beaten to shit so m8nd the previous owners and whether or not it's accidented(if it is, run away) and you'll have a fine car.
pic related my 2013 Lx I got for 10k

Attached: 20180611_224617.jpg (3264x1836, 1.51M)

Yeah, it was free so I can't complain much. Just wish my sister had better taste when she got her first car.

Women have the oddest attraction to those things, I knew a couple chicks in highschool who absolutely loved them. One even said it was her "dream car." (WTF???)
My tucson was a hand-me-down as well, from my stepmother. At least the damned thing had a manual transmission, that was about it's only redeeming quality...
>pic related, taken the morning after I drove home from the movies with no brakes

Attached: tucson2.png (960x720, 1.67M)

women have shit tier taste. all pigfat suvs.

Nice Miatas, gents. Almost bought a 10AE a few years back but it ended up falling through.

Attached: IMG_20171117_161836_4123.jpg (1512x1512, 1.64M)

>-Drivetrain (fwd, rwd, or awd?)
Realistically how bad is rwd in a winter? I like on the western edge of Pennsylvania and I've only ever driven fwd cars and one awd wagon.
I think I want a rwd car thanks to going on /o/. I also live close enough to work that I could walk there on extremely bad days and I have enough money coming in that I would be getting dedicated winter tires. It would also be no issue for me to have bags of sand ready to out into the trunk if need be.

Attached: 9821c016f2d65f39afa2d1ce67e2a5a0x.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>manual transmission gives me more control bruh
I always lmao at manual bois. Anyone would think they're competing in Paris to Dakar, not driving around the suburbs at 50km an hour.

The only advantage to FWD is that the weight is over the wheels, but you said you'd throw sand bags in the rear so that shouldn't matter. Imo RWD is infinite times better than FWD. I went from driving my Jeep in 2WD for the last 5 years to driving my FWD Acura this past winter. Understeering is scary as fuck, but oversteering feels perfectly comfortable as long as you know what you're doing.

Attached: IMG_20160124_0122552.jpg (2823x2117, 1.8M)

i'm 26, got a 2005 holden astra a couple of months ago, going for my P's (aus) in a few weeks, looking forward to being a little more independent and not relying on other people for lifts

they see cars as little more than utilities. That's why womens cars either put emphasis into looks or practicality, instead of performance and handling.

I'm begging to think that the miata is /ourcar/. Cheap enough for r9k budgets. No room for friends you don't have. Rwd. Manual. Fun.
I don't have any experience with it myself, but I'm sure it can be done. There was once a time when that was the only option, after all.
don't meme me too hard. In a "car" like the tucson, the "more control" it gives is absolutely negligible, it just makes driving that shitbox slightly more fun. That said, I'm driving an automatic now, it's a much nicer car but I still wish I had that stick

There are some great fwd cars out there. Dodge neon srt 4, abarth 500, honda civic type r, OG gti.

>dodge fucking neon
holy shit guys
we did it
we reached peak autism
idc if it's an srt whatever or not, it's still a neon

Attached: 18221845_1883095521935204_5839933039965354447_n.jpg (480x480, 17K)

>I drive manual, I'm a REAL driver :)
literally the gayest tryhard autism
would love to see how much of that 10% has ever seen a vagina

>winter and you can get really fucking hektik rallying around snow
I live rural so all the roads are gravel, so basically the same reaction as snow. Maybe that's why I prefer fwd

bro have you ever driven rwd on gravel
that shit
now THAT SHIT
is hella fun

I'm not saying that FWD is shit in general, I'm just saying I think it's worse than RWD in the snow. I can appreciate good FWD cars. My Acura is a CL-S 6 speed which is pretty good. It's handling isn't going to blow you away, but the engine and trans are great for being 15 years old. 260hp 240tq with a 6 speed trans and an LSD can be fun.

t.busrider originally

Attached: 1368100423386.jpg (211x219, 17K)

>tfw no Toyota Soarer to soar through the mountains of Japan in with your best buddies right behind you

Attached: 1981 Toyota Soarer.jpg (600x400, 29K)

FWD is for pussies faggot.

>tfw no best buddies at all

Attached: 1528549229773.png (1280x715, 782K)