The whole album has a clear crisp sound, and a new sheen of professionalism, that really gives the songs a BIG BOOST

The whole album has a clear crisp sound, and a new sheen of professionalism, that really gives the songs a BIG BOOST.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 8.32.19 am.png (866x603, 653K)

American Psycho was a bretty good film, but did he actually commit those murders?

Ps. Check em

Attached: E3 2018 PC gaming show Frankie dubs.webm (418x604, 306K)

I think some of them he did kill (especially Paul Allen) but some of them (like the big scene at the end) were just hallucinations.
I also saw a theory once that "Patrick Bateman" is a sort of entity who represents the repressed hatred of humanity of all these Wall Street guys, and throughout the move it's "him" in different bodies; but for the life of me I can't find that theory anywhere.

Why do these threads always get deleted on /tv/, except for that one earlier today with all the dubs and trips.

btw, heading out to my 8:30 res at Dorisa. Can I pick you up anything?

yeah pick me up some dubs, as there are none here

>did he actually commit those murders?
No, he just daydreams about it and then confuses reality and his fantasies. That's pretty obvious from his drawings Jean finds in his drawer. He was basically drawing poo poo pee pees.

Attached: 1517804089526.png (857x1200, 144K)

But doesn't paul show at the end or something?

Anyway, if I recall correctly the author of the book wanted it to be as ambiguous as possible and didn't want there to be a truth

I love American Psycho, it radiates 80's yuppie wall street culture and overall is just entertaining.
I don't believe so as he just colours the picture of the prostitute bleeding in his book and he has the hallucination. i think none of it happened he just got mad of trying to fit in.

Attached: ap2.jpg (294x171, 6K)

I't doesn't stick to the book as much as the author wanted it to but they kept it as a final product

Attached: ap.jpg (310x163, 7K)

Someone says that he had dinner with Paul in London.
But given the tendency of the Wall Street guys to mistake people for other people for several hours at a time, I wouldn't say that's definitive.

Also, does anybody else hate ambiguous endings, or am I just a brainlet?

>the author
I have no idea what he was smoking at the time. I read the book and his other book, Lunar Park which if basically a memoir. He says the book (American Psycho) wanted to write itself and it just chose him to write it.

depends on the story

I hate the endings where nothing is actually concluding. All the yuppies look the same and mistake each other due to the similar and copy and paste fashion of the era

Attached: brainlethamster.png (185x273, 8K)

Lol I was thinking on picking it up, is it a waste of time?

Is that bone?

Attached: american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg (618x409, 38K)

Which one? American Psycho is my favorite book, unironically. I can pick it up anytime and read a random chapter. It's fucking entertaining. Too bad some of the best chapters were left out of the movie, like the rat scene or when he is cooking a girl or when he kills a random kid in the zoo in central park.

Lunar Park is interesting, but kinda long for what it is.

Don't say you like American Psycho if you haven't watched the (much better) sequel

Attached: Screenshot_20180614-012730.png (720x1280, 612K)

Yes, he really did commit the murders but due to the fact that everyone in his upper class yuppie world is identical and self-absorbed (the fact that people confuse other's names all the time is a huge detail of the movie), nobody discovers what he's done so he can never join the ranks of serial killers that he idolizes. So towards the end he hallucinates a mass shooting that he commits to motivate himself into turning himself in. But since his lawyer is self-absorbed and concerned with nothing but his own material gain like everyone else, he slides it under the rug. Bateman's monologue at the end is him lamenting the fact that he can never escape his suffocating yuppie life.

This is the pleb interpretation. That's really fucking not what happens.

Yes, the lawyer says he ate lunch with paul in london twice, but this to me is just another example of confused identities that are so prevalent in the film. Hell, even in that conversation right there the lawyer doesn't know he's talking to patrick bateman. He refers to patrick by another name and talks about patrick in the third person.

Then what is the patrician interpretation, good sir?

Whatever you say, but under my interpretation the movie is a critique of an entire social class and how the pursuit of nothing but material goods is ultimately unfulfilling. If the murders never happened then the movie is about nothing but a crazy guy who wishes he was killing people.

since you are of genius

Obviously the movie and even the book is vague on purpose. But a much better explanation is that most of the movie is his "hallucinations." He never actually kills anyone, not even the hookers. He doesn't kill Paul Allen. They don't even have a dinner and he never invites him over to kill him. He doesn't know where he lives (or maybe knows, but never goes there to pack for him and talk into his answering machine). He goes to his apartment for the first time when it's being sold, that's why it's empty. Paul Allen never lived there. He didn't kill him. That was all in his head.

Attached: 1517294882450.jpg (1494x1500, 558K)

>it was all in his head
Yeah, I already got that that's what you think. Why, though, what is the point of having him not commit the murders?

>the point
No "point", he is literally insane.

YOUR COMMENT WAS SUFFICIENT

Attached: Pyscho.jpg (494x297, 33K)

Gosh I want to live this life so bad

In all seriousness, how do you live like Bateman?

I love it, the gossip, the fancy restaurants, the competition, just, how do I achieve it?

I'm a 18 year old HS dropout and I'll be going to a 'Military Academy' here in July, which will give me my Diploma and teach me "discipline", then I'll go into college, and I'm split between doing Tech or Finance.
I don't even care what the job is, I just want to wear nice suits and throw my entire life into my work, I also just want to make a fuck ton of money so I can have a nice apartment and bully homeless people and trannies.

Any tips?

Attached: bateman.jpg (584x413, 31K)

>I'm split between doing Tech or Finance
Then finance, how is this even a question?

Well because I waste my time on the computer all day anyways, so I feel like Tech could be a smoother path.

Yeah but then you'll work with greasy Indians for minimum wage. Don't become a fucking code monkey.

> be a jews bum bitch
Cuck-old!

if you're good with numbers, finance.
there's also massive money in being a salesman, selling cars, houses, insurance, etc.

if you're not good at maths, you're p much a fucked brainlet, like me.