How do i move to a new city...

how do i move to a new city? like if i had a few thousand what would be the best way to go somewhere new and start over without going broke in the first week? i only want to move to big cities and i can't find a single place that rents for less 1000 a week and they only show high class hotels and shit i just wanna find a cheap beat up motel. even the cheap shitty motels i find are like 60-120 bucks a single night so it'd be like 500 a week or some shit

Attached: 127941.jpg (590x400, 77K)

Best way to move somewhere without going broke is to get a fucking job there before you move. None of us city folk want anymore fucking jobless, homeless shits in our cities

i can make money and get a job and shit but that still doesn't solve the problem that im spending thousands constantly just for short term shit. thats like cutting the bottom off a bucket and saying hey dumb ass just get some more water to put in it

look at rooms for rent and aparrtments, dummy

save enough money to cover initial moving expenses and the deposits, fees, etc. in a new city. if you need to drive out and visit some places, pay for a hotel for a night or two to look for a permanent residence -- they're not meant to be weeks long stays.

you will probably need the job FIRST though, especially if youre renting an apartment, because htey will want proof of income

renting a room with ppl on craigslist is less stressful for the first step in getting settled somewhere new since no employment/income check and possibly no lease signing

is a day or two really enough time to find an apartment? every person looking for a roommate asks for viewings and dates and has tons of applicants and shit like that

Find the apartment before you move dipshit. Book a few viewings for one day so you're not blowing money on hotels. You're gonna have to be patient and plan ahead.

Also
>i can't find a single place that rents for less 1000 a week
that's fucking absurd, do you mean 1000 a month? What kind of places are you looking at?

move to fargo, north dakota. during college there I lived in a shitty studio apartment downtown and paid $385 a month for rent, and made $14 an hour working the morning shift at a gas station.

no 1000 a week for every shitty cheap hotel in LA and i wanted to do that but im really stupid and didnt wanna call 20 people and waste all their time i have no idea what its like i either have people say yeah you can move in then flake or people who just answer every single person and have a shit ton of dates booked up.

i dont know how long i need to be there to wait for them i don't know if i can arrange the dates or just do it whenever they're open or what. i found some cheaper motels and shit that do weekly shit but i hear bed bugs a lot thats like the only thing i dont want im fine with a shitty beat up room

to go out and sign papers and stuff or do job interviews, yeah

Okay, 1000 for a hotel makes more sense. You don't have to stay in a hotel for a week though, or at all if you're smart. Maybe 1 or 2 nights max if you don't live nearby.
Just fucking call them, they're landlords. Explain you're from out of town, arrange some dates, and only make the trip when you have a few lined up. There's no trick to finding a home right away, you're just gonna have to be patient and persistent.

1. get job
2. get your own place
2. pay for all of the services with your money
3. Go out to social venues
4 profit.

im not even renting from the landlords its just people renting a room out. sorry im retarded but how would i go about doing that? im looking for all the rooms like the 600-900/mo range and they're all like widespread as fuck like one will be in the valley and one will be like near anaheim and then another one will be in east LA then one in long beach and shit.

i think the best idea was to just do everything around the area im in but i dont even know where really to start lol. i dont mind the suburbs and shit but i really would prefer more a downtown or busier setting just to get around easier and have more options and shit

also i found some weekly shit that might work if i could really do shit in a week or maybe 2 i wouldnt mind that even if its overpaying and maybe i can find cheaper options once im there. i really just dont wanna go there blow like thousands of dollars really fast come back if i even have enough to do and then im fucked again

>im not even renting from the landlords its just people renting a room out
it doesn't matter, just contact them. They wouldn't be advertising if they didn't want responses. If you can't make all the places in one go, then narrow your search or suck it up and rent the hotel.
It sounds like you know what you're doing and are just looking for a secret to make things easier or cheaper, but there isn't one. I don't know what you expect to hear.

yeah i know i have been i agree to pay and tell them i can be there in a few days but they just flake and sell it i can try some more which i plan to do. i didn't really know about arranging dates because idk how i'd line them up perfectly when they're all far away and shit and then i'd have to know how long im staying in the motel or switch motels depending on where i am if i get stranded at night far from all my shit or something

r9k filter evasion is not allowed

Attached: Screenshot_20180606_005015.png (951x873, 348K)

hey OP i saw your other thread you posted that got arched and kept it on auto refresh but i was in too much of a manically depressive state to do anything about it

first go on real estate index sites and scout out the prices of rental properties, i recommend craigslist and zillow, sort everything from cheapest to highest and find the cheapest 1 bedroom apartment you can, now open up a calculator, add the price of the property / properties you'd like to move into, now if the properties you've found don't mention utilities add 250, add the cost of groceries you spend every month, add 100 in case you have to buy pots / pans etc, add an extra 100 just incase you're hungry thirsty etc on your trip to your destination or something goes wrong, add the cost of transportation you use a month, and save up 2 months of living expenses (the amount you just calculated x2, if you're confident you can find a job the same month and are willing to risk it then go ahead but i don't recommend it) plus the cost of transportation to your destination

while you're waiting for your income to accumulate, do more in-depth analysis and research on the area specifically the job market

once you've collected that amount, re-visit the property sites, find some new listings if the ones you found previously weren't already taken, and contact the real estate agent / people who own the properties, tell them you're moving to the city, you saw their properties on X, like it and you'd like to purchase 2 months of rent in advance so you don't have to go through the hardships of being lost and wasting money, and that you'll do all the contracting and verify requirements online and wire transfer the funds and meet up with them to get the keys and move in when you get there

alternatively you could confirm the sale in advance, then meet up with them, then hand them cash upfront in person, and have them give you the keys and move you in all at the same time

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 30K)

OP just save up enough cash and do it

hhrtfgyhjnkm,

the fuck is wrong with those titties

i cant do a private apartment tho :( its expensive as fuck in the cities im looking at a studio is like 1100 in any area im just trying to get someone whos trying to fill a room i dont even care if it has a bed

wat

Where I live it's $500

>i cant do a private apartment tho :( its expensive as fuck
i imagine you have a lower income, in that case you're right, don't look for private apartments, use craigslist padmapper roomie match roommates.com roomi and roomster to find roommates instead
> the cities im looking
what cities are you looking at?
>a studio is like 1100 in any area
with what index sites? are you sorting from cheapest to highest?
>im just trying to get someone whos trying to fill a room i dont even care if it has a bed
again, you can use craigslist padmapper roomie match roommates.com roomi and roomster to find roommates
where you live isn't the only place on the planet and universe that exists

although i would agree that i personally prefer areas with a much lower cost of living, i'm not someone who doesn't in favor of other things, we don't know OP's situation life personality background thoughts etc

Attached: bb62b7_5848289.jpg (1200x800, 214K)

that was looking around craigslist in bigger cities theres no studio apartment cheaper than a grand a month and i can easily afford a place that has roommates and shit and that would be pretty easy but i cant do the meetups and shit without going there being lost and wasting a ton of money first which would make me fucked pretty much

>in bigger cities
again, can you tell me what cities? what are you looking at NY, seattle, LA, and miami?
> i can easily afford a place that has roommates and shit and that would be pretty easy
that's good
>i cant do the meetups and shit without going there being lost and wasting a ton of money first
you don't have to do any meetups go anywhere or spend any money, just contact them, a good idea would be to skype

have you actually tried contacting anyone on roommate indexes / sites?

la or miami would be good so i dont die incase something happens in the wintertime

i've emailed tons of people and got numbers and stuff and they agree to do it and flake or they just tell me they're setting up interviews and have tons of local people applying already

move to bangkok, the ticket there is less than 1000$ and for a fully furnished apartment its less than 300$ a month

how many people have you contacted? have they all been from the same city or are you just throwing emails all over the place?

have you tried scouting out areas a few miles outside the city? i think 15 miles is a reasonable amount
lmao and what exactly is he going to do in a foreign corrupt crime ridden war-torn undeveloped broken cultured south east asian shithole?

you can't even get food off the $216 minimum wage there