/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

This is a Jow Forums thing, but I really want you guys to improve yourself :)

Post/Discuss things you have done that made you proud, even the littlest ones.
Also long term goals, and remember, we can all make it!

------------------------
Let's Get It On Edition

Sticky, you are welcome to contribute : 4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

You GOT THIS /sig/bros ! We ALL gonna make it !

Attached: SIG.png (1252x954, 1.44M)

Ok, anons.
I realized that my main flaw above all else is that I drink too much.
So I now have decided to never drink a sip again.
I know that this is unrealistic, but fuck me, I will do it.
Any tips? Any pitfalls? What are some good "justifications" you can use to tell your friends why you do it?

If I don't do this now, then I might end up as an alcoholic one day. Right now my drinking behaviour is risky, but not downright sick.

Fuck off back to whichever board you came from. Self improvement is a retarded meme for normalfaggots

Attached: 1516248064331520.png (375x523, 290K)

Been trying to get in shape for the past month. Super skeletor to start so i've been doing bodyweight training just to build strength via compound movements before i try to commit to anything like a gym. I want to get a pullup bar, but for now I'm just doing pushups, a few crunch variations, and bench dips. I've also started trying to eat better.

i hope we make it bros

well thats good on you, i would recommend you to read starting strength and yeah good luck!

i have never drank alcohol but heres the way i stopped drinking soda.
i would say only drink one glass a week, train yourself like that, then go one a month.
theres nothing i love more than drinking cold water now

and this is the failure you will become if you dont try to improve

oh please, we know you're on r9k just to show off. Indicating you're pretty insecure about your current predicament. You'll be back to your old self in less than 2 years.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Site - 05 [1080p].mkv-00_03_43-2018-05-04-22h31m03s684.png (1920x1080, 824K)

keep watching anime, manchild.
You dont belong here, so why are you here?

Thanks for your advice, but I already quit drinking soda, and it's completely and utterly different from alcohol.
First. I am far from the point where I would ever drink alone.
It's a social thing.
My problem is that when I get started with a few drinks with friends, then I get absolutely fucking wasted in the end, because I can't say No after a certain point.
That's the problem.
Also, I start drinking then I also smoke - something I also need to quit.

The funniest sentence of everything you wrote is honestly this:
>I would say only drink one glass a week
OF FUCKING ALKOHOL.
You realize, that I try to quit drinking completely because I don't feel like this will ever be possible right?
Drinking only one glass a week is the dream - but I would rather first not drink at all, and then maybe after a few months go back to drinking one glass at occasions. And only if it is possible.

>a thread which literally starts with "this is a Jow Forums thing" on r9k
>somehow I'm the one that's not supposed to be here

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Site - 01 [1080p].mkv-00_08_30-2018-05-03-08h25m10s370.png (1920x1080, 1003K)

like i said i dont drink or smoke i dont see the point of it
i cant give you any advvice on it because it hasnt happened to me

>being a lifting normalfag
>muh gains
>not diverting your energy and soul to enlightenment in your own minor ways instead of trying to impress normalfags and women
Sure it's self improvement, but why go above and beyond when no one is watching and your body is fine as it is, even if you do improve?

>>being a lifting normalfag
>>muh gains

I wasnt talking about getting Jow Forums at all, it would help but all i said was that these type of threads are from fit.

if you read carefully, i said improving yourself on goals.

>improving yourself on goals
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i really dont understand that these type of people exist, why so negative?
> huhuh this is r9k retard
Its in everyones nature to improve themselves specially iif you are unhappy with your life

honestly and uniironically, these type of people should consider suicide.

I want to stop procrastinating on my research. I'm in graduate school (behavioral neuroscience), and the mountain of work I have to put into programming experiments is incredibly daunting.

Anyone successfully overcome their procrastination habit here?

I wish the NEETs on this board would have more hope for themselves and others. The point about suicide is over the top, though. Make r9k great again anyway

>being unhappy with your life
LOL, must suck to be you. If you can't be happy as a NEET you can't be happy as a billionare, I'm pretty sure that's scientifically proven
>these type of people should commit suicide
Nice projection

Attached: 1527757178573.gif (300x300, 931K)

I want a cute (actually any) girl to cuddle with guys

Being a NEET makes you depressed, and being depressed makes you a NEET. It's a vicious circle

It's easy. I know a way to get any guy no matter how ugly or autistic a girlfriend

why are you like this? why do you hate yourself?

Any evidence at all to back that up?

>more projection
nice

Attached: Destiny EX eyebrows.png (1280x1290, 242K)

u nitwit

Share please wise user

and you cant answer my question?

try online dating

I will do your programming experiments if you write my latex text for my thesis.
Everyone struggles with things that they hate, mate.

You can negotiate with yourself, something like:
Take a season of an anime from your plan to watch, and make a deal with yourself:
I for every page of text I write, I am allowed to watch one episode.
I once wrote 7 Pages of Thesis in one night like that(It's something that I hate hate hate to do, so don't tell me it's not that much actually).
Do that for two weeks and you are DONE.
Maybe you don't like anime it was just an example, but I find that there are always ways to motivate oneself to do the things we hate.
Manipulate yourself.

>try online dating
I did it failed quietly and miserably

you can always go on /soc/ and get some help there, i would say grow a beard and get photos with friends or outside

Oh god. I can't grow a beard, too patchy and uneven. I don't have friends who will take pictures of me, they know I'm ugly too.

Why am I like what?

dont lose hope
then your first step should be on improving your speaking skills

start like i did, just say hi to a random person a day. thats it. say hi and smile

I have no hope. I look like this guy

> Any evidence at all to back that up?

It's all anecdotal, of course. Not many studies done on NEETs as far as I know. My reasoning is that your typical NEET doesn't interact with the outside world much. This would lead to a lot of their habits to deteriorate (e.g. personal hygiene, self-improvement for the sake of getting romantic partners). This deterioration would then cause depression, which itself causes one to become more immobile than one was to start off with.

At least that's what I think.

>oh yeah I much prefer the race bait and orbiting threads

Shut the fuck up retard

i agree with you, i dont see why they have so many orbiting specially this one girl B rooke.
They rather waste their lives orbiting someone they will never get than improving themselves.,

Aww, is babby improvement general not getting enough replies?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Site - 04 [1080p].mkv-00_07_06-2018-04-28-07h26m06s232.png (1920x1080, 850K)

im assuming this is meant for OP(me) but just to prove you wrong, that there are other people that think people like you are stupid, i will reply.

it is not me

Attached: 2.png (897x763, 136K)

>being this petty and insecure
>thinks he's self improved
uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh

If we can't enjoy anime on Jow Forums where the hell can we?

ok i get it, you would rather be on trap threads, orbiting threads, and how do i get a gf threads. im ok with you making poor decisions on your life.

but why come to this thread at all then? are you this much in denial that you have to fight against people who want to better themselves?

Attached: qwe.png (700x961, 128K)

So it's literally nothing? It's a cute theory but as you say people usually become NEETs because it's the best option for them. Just telling them to improve themselves isn't going to solve anything unless the situation they find themselves in changes. They just end up with a new depression from shattered dreams and a feeling of unfullfilled entitlement, that and increased food costs.

I don't enjoy seeing my fellow robots being swept away by charlatans and false prophets. It's also an easy way to get (You)s

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Site - 05 [1080p].mkv-00_13_34-2018-05-04-23h52m47s855.png (1920x1080, 942K)

Imagine being so bitter the thought of seeing other people improve makes you angry enough to go shit up a thread instead of filtering

>imagine being so insecure you have to flaunt your "gains" on r9k

that was my first post in the thread, I've not flaunted anything, try again mate

Get some Kudzu root. Alcohol withdrawal downregulates your GABA receptors, causing anxiety and cravings. So any herb like Kudzu will help.

I'm just asking you to imagine it, not accusing you of anything user

I don't see any pics of his "gains" so i see no way that he could be flaunting

ah my bad lad I'm insecure about being insecure, I do disagree with SIG lad who post how well they're doing for selfish reasons though

Look at OP's pic again. Of course you're not allowed to post images of yourself on r9k, it's the concept he's flaunting

That he want you to improve as a person and leave this hell hole?

The OP hasn't posted a single flaunt and unless he claims he made the image to represent himself he's not flaunting

No, it's that he wants us to think that he's improving as a person. Maybe he wants us to attempt to improve too so he can justify it to himself but the main aim is for our approval since he apparently can't get it from the normalfags he's trying to please.

The image literally has the word "GAINS" emblazened on the sun. Surely you must understand what OP is attempting to imply with this

holy shit this is so sad, my god.

>has the word GAINS
yes? so what is he implying? the goal of self improvement is to "GAIN" things that add to your life and make it better

And he went to a board, known to be filled with bitter losers to post this thread. Doesn't that seem a little strange to you?

>Imagine being so bitter the thought of seeing other people improve makes you angry enough to go shit up a thread instead of filtering

is right, why are people like these here?
why do you take a photo in the wrong context and get all asshurt about it ?

>And he went to a board, known to be filled with bitter losers

oh wow as if the thread wasnt about improving these people, you are retarded dude

Wow, you're so mature after all that self improvement, keep it up buddy

>does it seem strange that the board that needs self improvement most has a self improvement thread
not in the slightest pal, should we also get rid of anyone talking about their job or waking up early, what about trannies talking about how they've started to grow tits, if you want people to stop gloating you'd want to get rid of them as well right?

Strange a human being that actually cares and attempts to help us

talking to you makes me realize why Jow Forums is like this

Sure, I bet you'd give job advice to random niggers in the ghetto too. How charitable!

He doesn't though, that's my point. He just wants us to affirm his memes.

Why the hell would any of us be in the ghetto that sounds like a good way to get robbed even police are scared of that shit

no but no ones give advice to people randomly since no ones being forced to interact with the thread, the only people getting the advice are people who choose to come into the thread and interact with it instead of ignoring it

>He just wants us to affirm his memes.
like what? what's he said that's a meme?

That time and effort gives more results than sulking in my room watching anime and browsing Jow Forums

OP forced me to see this thread in the catalogue. That in itself is an offence

"Self improvement"

>more results
What do you mean by this?

>"Self improvement"
but the fact you keep responding to a thread trying to drag other people down makes me think you don't know the definition

> see thread
> i dont like thread
> go to thread anyway
> bitch about why other people should be as miserable as me
>could slide and go to one of my roastie orbiting instead

im glad some people see the point in this thread but as for the other... why...

Maybe I don't, what does it mean?

That being a NEET does nothing for you and that actually doing something with your life even if its some normie shit tends to help

>go into thread
>see opinion I disagree with
>passive agressively insult them instead of adressing their points
>could slide and just go back to Jow Forums
uhhhh

>OP forced me to see this thread in the catalogue. That in itself is an offence
but you don't own Jow Forums and it isn't breaking any rules so it's not an offence, it just upset you
>"Self improvement"
if you do pushups for a week by the end you can do more, that is literally self improvement, if you use graded exposure your social skills increase, planning a routine helps with productivity (anecdotally) can you point to one piece of self improvement advice given in this thread that doesn't work? and even if you could self improvement is very possible for the reasons I listed above, can you tell me why it's a meme?

i refuse to believe this guy doesnt want to be better and wants everyone to be miserable as him

i think he just wants yous

Attached: 54d.jpg (750x1000, 183K)

Help what? I'm still not understanding, are we being graded on our lives by the self improvement God or something?

And I took the bait, fuck

agree it's clearly bait try and stop replying when you spot it lads

Thanks for the tip user,
hey this thread did help me with self improvement

I never accused you of breaking Jow Forums rules I'm just calling you a faggot basically.
>One piece of advice
There isn't any advice in this thread just gloating

GUYS

just stop replying to him, ignore him.
i honestly dont know why hes still here

this is /sig/ its about us improving not fighting someone who refuses
ill find a more appropriate photo next time for butthurts like him i just saved the one from Jow Forums didnt think someone would be this assblasted

GOAL 1 achieved
- Ignored negative people

good job everyone!

The only thing I can be "proud" of is me dropping 100 pounds in the past year. That really doesn't mean shit to me if my life is at a complete standstill.

*bragging, I meant to say bragging not gloating, fuck

Alright ill set a real goal lets try taking a walk daily and talking to people more often than once a week

well you achieved one thing, which is good. Congrats!

So what is it that you think yoru life is standstill?

do what i did to break tension of starting conversation, try to say hi smile and wave one person a day, minumum.

and when you go to the store ask the cashier how their day is going

FORD conversation method is common but pretty good since it allows you to prepare

have you considered simply drinking less rather than never drinking again? alcohol is an integral part of the social fabric in many countries

>don't know what i want to do with myself
>44k in student loans for an incomplete degree that i didn't even want(fell for the go to college right out of high school meme)
>sick of family
>can't hold a job since i cannot stand the constant need of living up to someone's expectations

as of right now, all i want to do is just sit at home and play vidya while being financially stable. however, that's not a viable option unless i was a big twitch streamer

Do you guys feel fucking gay yet?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Site - 04 [1080p].mkv-00_08_59-2018-04-28-20h00m26s108.png (1920x1080, 946K)

a lot of people learn web dev and work freelance since it's pretty easy and has no requirements

>sit at home and play vidya
i used to do this and it prevented me from achieving great things

do you have a hobby ? if you play music ask a local bar if you can play or if you like art try to sell it.
spending more time on your hobby than games will do you well
that being said, you can make money doing something you like and the more you work the less youll be with family and only be at your parents houisse to sleep

I'm trying to get my life back to some semblance of direction, I've been a NEET for several years now and made a lot of decisions I regret. I just hope it's not too late, it seems like my own mind is fighting me every step I try to become better.

"It's alright to be pathetic, it's alright to do nothing, you should kill yourself..."
I've attempted twice. I don't care about being a NEET or wagie, about a girlfriend or not, about having friends. I just want to be happy. It seems so hard anons, I hope I can get medication that can help. It's so hard to see a point to living when humanity is as disgusting as it is, myself included in that. If any anons have any tips, please let me know.

For its too late as long as you aren't 50+ which even if you are you can have a good life ahead of you, in terms of being depressed and suicidal i overcame it through perseverance which is why I'm trying to support a thread like this

gave web design multiple attempts and even took a class on it back when i bothered going to college 6 years ago. it never clicked

i don't have a single hobby. i've tried things such as instruments, martial arts, and even programming as stated above

i dont want to fuel the butthurt user, but i used to be like that... without the attempts. going to the gym will help you on that, because you will release that hormone or whatever its claled that gets you depressed all the time

try a hobby , working also helps, in a way., youll worry more about making money for ((shecklestein)) that will help you think less about your personal problems

what makes you happy as of now? i hope you dont smoke or drink

what do you do on your free time?

oreganal

>what makes you happy
Psychedelic drugs. Neurologically I don't believe I can be happy without substances, it's unhealthy I know which is why I'm getting more mental health and trying out different meds. I can't hold jobs down, not in this mental state. It's easy for me to say I want to change but when I try to work I get scared, anxious and have to run away. What's the point of working if you're going to kill yourself, why expend the energy? I've walked out of several jobs now. I am a mess user, I'll go into these jobs with the greatest of intents to finally better my life and have a mental breakdown and run away from it. I don't think perseverance is enough, I do believe I need medication to numb my brain.

shitpost, vidya. forgot to mention, i also do food deliveries with doordash, but the pay is shit. i can only go for 9 hours a week since i have to be home to watch my autistic(literally) younger brother. so the most this gig can do is pay for lunch and vidya. if i was the one paying for gas, i would never be doing this

Also a side note as OP put it working out releases feel good hormones like dopamine and a few others which is why some people can't live without going to the gym so its worth trying a 1 hour workout of some sort on top of medication should you truly need it

This

I hear uber is better pays more. So if you're doing something similar might as well improve and upgrade.

Attached: dog_low_poly.jpg (1920x1080, 675K)