Mental illness thread, with a twist

you tell me what 'mental illness' you have and I'll tell you how to solve it. facts are if it was solvable by medicine, you'd already be cured.

Attached: 1465931356121.jpg (2000x2000, 392K)

posting for replies
today is june 18

OCD. What you got for me op

ocd- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
In short, you do things that aren't normal, to a degree, because you feel compelled to do so.

Somewhere in you, there's a large portion of you that tells you to do these things, and that they are not only normal, but necessary.

I'd say to make friends, but that's quite hard. try to slow down your thought process during your OCD moments and ask yourself- is this really necessary? is this what chad would do?

Panic disorder, gibe solution

anxiety aspd depression bipolar

I'm not sure if it counts but I'm pretty sure i have chronic procrastination, i cant do anything. Even if it threatens my life.

Schizoaffective disorder depressive ptsd and schizoid PD

I didn't expect so many replies...

Panic Disorder

You have trouble interpreting what sensations are safe and which are dangerous.

More than likely you haven't experienced anything that would stimulate you, and all of that reactive capability springs out of you in full force, bursts of panic.

Advice is to put yourself into a relaxed trance through over-stimulation (listening to music, working out, playing stimulating vidya) and try to rationalize your fears.

ITT: mongoloid that has no idea about psychology or psychiatry gives mongoloid solutions to other mongoloids stupid enough to ask him. Sage

>Just be like chad
>just be rational
>just don't do the thing
Fuck off cunt you're useless

Schizophrenia. If I go off my meds, psychosis strikes, and I think I'm the chosen one to save the world, then the messiah, then God almighty. Voices, signs everywhere, everything is related to me and in reference to me.
I do crazy shit, nearly die, and usually set shit on fire or under water or break into places I shouldn't be or do other insane stuff like jogging on the highway dogging cars, going without sleep or drinking or eating for days or weeks, and in the end I go straight catatonic without being able to move a muscle until someone finds me and gets me on meds or I die of dehydration.

Please tell me how to solve this without meds, cause the meds suck.

Lmao how is panic disorder even real like listen to music hahahaha like nigga just go outside hahahaha

Panic Disorder cured gg

Hes a prolly gunna say something stupid like "its all in your head"

To everyone: try a diet higher in fats and salts (don't forget about b vitamins). that's how your body makes brain cells you know. A lot of psychological problems stem from the body's inability to produce key nerve cells.

Multi symptom here huh.
aspd and anxiety go hand in hand, so as bipolar with depression.

You probably have no Idea how to interact with people, in a normal way as you are now. take a good look at yourself, and remind yourself who you are. remind yourself that other people are usually understanding and treat you with the same respect as you treat them.

as far as BPD and such

You probably overstimulate yourself a lot. you get worked up over small things, and become exhausted real easily. try to check your emotions, not to invest your entire mental state on the course of a couple of interactions that happen throughout your week

yeah just wake up sheeple problem solve

>that's how your body makes brain cells you know. A lot of psychological problems stem from the body's inability to produce key nerve cells.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU RETARDED FUCKING 15 YEAR OLD. Your body litterally can't make more neurons you double digit iq pus filled scrotum. Just go and fucking drop out of middle school or whatever the fuck you're attending and save your parents some cash. If this is bait, good job on getting me to reply

aspergers syndrome
ORI

You procrastinate due to not having a proper reward sense in your body. anything you try to do, goes largely unnoticed by your mental consciousness. try not being so hard on yourself, become flexible, and give in to pleasure.

Schizoaffective disorder depressive ptsd and schizoid PD

I'm not sure how to really begin with this one. You feel like you've got all the mental disorders in one way or another.

But that's good. You can take on roles and make yourself believe that you are and can do many things. A small mental shift is all you need to integrate yourself as a member of society, since you can already fashion yourself into many roles.

Things have happened to you in the past, things that were better off never happening. but If you dwell on the past, you miss out on the opportunities of the present. PTSD wont go away, but gets better over time as you realize the world is, at a human level, essentially harmless. Fundamentally it's just a fear reflex. as long as you can channel your body's natural adrenaline normally (probably through exercise), you shouldn't have an issue.

Is it because I don't use your fancy 'science' terminology to describe in laymens terms the unreasonably simple explanations to human emotions and characteristic syptoms of which are normal common and experianced by every human to some degree at one point or another, the fact that the manner in which I describe things so utterly trivializes your meaningless reason for why you don't want to act like a normal person.

Attached: 1464387737274.gif (480x479, 263K)

depression/anxiety, tell me please

Does epilepsy count?

Panic disorder fellow here and I have no idea what you tried to tell me to do other than "get over it". Try short sentences and simple words, I'm not exactly a rocket scientist.

Oh my fucking god how are you retards still asking this idiot questions, are you really that desperate for attention? OP is literally a Tumblr kid with zero medical knowledge

Harmless fun is still fun mate.

>OP is literally a Tumblr kid with zero medical knowledge
I know. Its interesting to see just how little people know about certain conditions though.

Come on now, OP doesn't seem like THAT bad of guy. I mean maybe he can accidentally give good advice.

I'm going to attempt to translate correct what you just said. Please tell me how much I got right.

"Is it because I don't use your fancy 'science' terminology to describe in Laymen's terms the unreasonably simple explanations to human emotions and characterize symptoms that are normal, common, and experienced by every human to some degree, at one point or another? The fact is the manner in which I describe things utterly trivializes your meaningless reason for why you don't want to act like a normal person."

Seriously, this entire post is a mess. What does "unreasonably simple" even mean? Is human emotion so easy to explain that it bothers you?

well people can only be helped if they want help. It seems like you don't

please don't cherry pick. I could call you racist for using the word 'nigga' but I won't since I'm not petty. try re reading the statement and finding what you could apply to your life.

Schizophrenia

Out of reality, and false experiences all over. You look for meaning in things because you have no goal or meaning in life. The only thing that makes sense to you is that you are god or a messiah. Try to find meaning not through yourself, but through your actions and other people. try not to hold things in high regard. belief that what you're doing is absolutely essential can very easily spiral into a hyperactive state.

I'll give you a fun one. I have 3 diagnoses: borderline personality disorder, autism spectrum disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder. Have at it

I seriously hope nobody here takes the advice given in this thread seriously.

Depression.
And anxiety and agoraphobia except I've somewhat grown out of these two and rarely feel anxious these days.
>if it was solvable by medicine, you'd already be cured.
In truth, I was diagnosed in my teens and quickly stopped going to therapy and taking my medication so I'm not sure if I ever really gave it all a real shot and if it could have helped. I'm 25 now and have been a shut-in since like 16 with only a handful of outings every year.

i'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting.

how can you learn more things if your brain cant grow. heehee you ought to check your PhD there.

Again, Asperger's. the answer lies in trying to become a different person, trying different things. You can't communicate because you feel you can't communicate. Autism (yes I realize they're separate things) means that you don't want or like change, but it only solidifies your condition.

The key to interacting properly in conversation is the ability to shift what kind of role you play, are you a kid or an adult? Do you have experiences similar to the ones at hand? If all else fails you can say you've tried. I assume you're emotionally well enough to take criticism.

What mental illness do you have?
Just curious.

Dysexecutive syndrom, schizophrenia, Frontotemporal Dementia.

What should i do?

I've got depression caused by pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis.

The rheumatism meds don't seem to work so far.

The constant pain and restricted movement over the years wore me down, I feel useless and unwanted in this world and I will probably kill myself soon.

I am 23 years old and move like a 60 year old.

F.73

Depression? whoo boy thats eazy peezy. The signals you send out (like being happy in response to a commercial, or feeling under the weather) aren't being received. you can't really think of any way to make yourself heard or known and wonder if you're even worth. you need family and support

fuck. but all isn't lost. you can find family in anyone, just be sure they know you're trying for them, and hope they do the same for you.

Anxiety is back @ it with the not knowing how social things go. try shadowing someone who's popular and seeing how they do things?

Cant find anything by that name. Can you be more specific?

>being so condescending to someone who is just trying to help
Wow your life seems amazing, do you have a lot of friends?

It is from International Classification of Diseases

Here is the pic to help you understand my condition

Attached: Screenshot_194.png (487x326, 16K)

I don't have an answer. sorry.

if you don't regularly take in events and information, your body will become hyper responsive to any events and information. stimulating yourself can prevent this.

People always want help. And, no I don't come from Tumblr.

Do LSA or LSD 50 to 100 times. Try all the internet psychedelic research chems.

Wow. No wonder you give shitty advice.

I give up. I've come to the reasoning that all of your guys's symptoms ultimately result from a lack of social support. no amount of advice can be a replacement for that. I've let you all down. gomen nasai
I was attempting an analogue of 'unfathomably simple'

You may find this laughable, but I believe everything, being made up of simple constituents and participles, is actually very simple to understand.

Do really feel those represent you at your truest? Those are all contradictory conditions yet seem to center around your perception about how you believe your place in social situations. Finding a suitable way to act should be your go to in alleviating your 'symptoms'

Attached: 1475622071207.jpg (599x449, 88K)

>I dont have an answer. sorry.
Why not?
Seems weird that you give advice to all these other conditions that alter the brain in some way but you cant do it for epilepsy.
Really makes you think.

because i've never had epilepsy

But you have had everything else you have given advice on in this thread?

in a roundabout sense, yes

You've got no idea what's it like to have schizophrenia and be delusional. Finding a meaning in life doesn't help, meds do.

You are fucking delusional then.

Diagnosed Autistic how fix?