>get into conversation with some other student
>he says he has to study 24/7 but is managing perfect grades
>was quite impressed, asked him what he studies
>tells me "eIectrical engineering"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his degree being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly lose respect for him

I assume there's a few engineering students on here, so I'm actually curious. Do you guys actually think your degree is difficuIt or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could do it?

Attached: 1315252478635.jpg (426x463, 39K)

>med student with superiority complexes
Into le trash it goes, faggot

I don't know since I'm only one year in

>med student
>applied biology
(You)

Tbh Electrical Engineering is one of the hardest engineering degrees out there.
Its has more calculus and maths in general compared to other engineering degrees, it will also need you to apply all of that knowledge in calculus over electrical circuits.
It is also heavy in phisics and programing.
Programming consists mostly of low level languages such as C, C++ and assembly which are already a pain in the ass.
You'd be surprised by the amount of mathematical shit that is around electrical circuits.
I know this because i have a cousin of mine taking that degree, and even most students who come from biomedic engineering lower their grades once they switch over to electrical engineering. It also depends mostly on which uni you are taking the degree.

>med student
pot calling the kettle black

reaIity Tbh famalam

Attached: 1315252478611.jpg (1004x2693, 790K)

EE is harder in an intellectual sense. Medicine is harder in a disciplinary sense

Why would electrical engineers have to program in assembly?

This.
t. med student

my dentist originally was going to be a chem eng and then once he finished his bachelor's he decided he wanted to go to med school. says that chem eng was way harder than med school.

didn't bother to ask what made it feel that way for him, or where he went to school at

This 100%.
OP, I hope you know how much mathematics work is involved in engineering. There's a big difference from how much would be required for medicine.

Electrical Engineering is an honestly harder degree than med

electrical engineering 3rd year here

I find it hard to believe that normalfags and women would be able to comprehend how complex numbers and phasors work, so yes.

I've taught mcat prep physics. Med students didn't blow me away. I would put them above civil or mechanical engineers but below EE in terms of logical thinking. They seem more dependent on memorization. That being said, all of this was during one summer of grad school so hardly a large sample size.

>complex numbers and phasors
dude that's literally high school stuff
americunts are retarded

Given that the intelligence demographic for electrical engineering degrees is higher than med school and the fail out and drop out right is higher, you have your head up your ass.

Proprietary control systems
Think industrial automation, elevator controls, automotive computers and the like

>med student
>mastering chemistry or physics

They're basically toddlers in a lab coat and will hurt themselves or their supervisor if not monitored closely.

Your dentist never went to medical school.

Can someone give me a rundown on the differences between med school and a Master's in Physician Assistant studies (MSPA)?
>t. biology/biomedical major considering trying to go for an MSPA

Attached: costanza.jpg (200x200, 5K)

A field is only as hard as the proportion of it that is math

Math and statistics are the hardest, then physics, then engineering. Computer Science and economics a little lower.

Biology/medicine, chemistry, arts, humanities, politics, business are all on the same level if difficulty. But they are more emotionally challenging because they train you for unemployment/low pay and the actual coursework is so shit-retarded that it sucks your IQ out of you, so props to you guys for putting up with that. If I studied one of those I wouldn't be strong enough to not off myself

But math is easy... Memorizing takes a lot more effort.

Not really. Math, stats, physics, and computer science are all pretty easy for me. Chemistry, average. I can't speak for engineering and economics. I honestly found the humanities way tougher. And I couldn't last a day in biology. It depends on what you're better at, really.

>med student
>implying engineering is easy
>implying memorizing medical vocabulary is hard
>literally color muscle groups with crayon
>get confused with simple unit conversion and dosage measurements
>have enough righteous indignation to post on r9k about how smart you think you are comparatively
>too afraid to post this on sci

Whew great meme lad

>there are people so new here that they don't recognize this ancient copypasta
>electrical cucks still get triggered over based gibsonposter
>they still feel the need to prove something
really makes me think

Attached: 1524080464874.png (451x422, 10K)

Oh wow you can memorize things, how intelligent you are.

What's the highest level of math you've taken?

Attached: avg iq by major.png (252x317, 58K)

>He thinks he's a special snowflake for being a med student.
The only thing hard about it is the sheer ammount of information to assimilate and the several hours of doing nothing but studying. Aside from that, there's nothing particularly hard to understand.

>implying I didn't master game theory, topology and multivariate complex analysis during pre-med

Attached: 1276020322129.jpg (234x239, 16K)

>The only thing hard about it is the sheer ammount of information to assimilate

Attached: 1376020314119.jpg (857x921, 200K)

As a medical student myself with an engineering degree, you're completely full of shit. Med students in my class all struggle whenever anything mathematical is expected. Did you master multivariate calc, calc-based stats, and differential equations to be accepted to med school? Did you take real physics (calc-based) to be accepted? Do you know any chemistry past basic organic and biochemistry (like inorganic, physical, electrochemistry, etc)?

You are the jack of all trades and the master of none, except applied biology.

I've had the engineering classes and I'm not a pompous asshole, so I won't act like I mastered any of those sciences that I won't ever use on the job later. People who have mastered a science hold a PhD in their respective field. Even engineers just apply the science. Doctors just memorize everything they're told to know for the job.

I can't wait until your smug ass gets yelled at during your clinical years like the others who think their shit doesn't stink.

>multivariate complex analysis

Wow you really do know what you're talking about! Reminds me of this course in vascular-neuro-endo-polymerase I took when doing my B.sc mathematics. Yeah hun. Thought only med students took that one? :)

Yeah I'm a med student with an EE degree and I'm telling you, EE was a piece of piss. Did it without studying. But medicine is exceptionally harder.

It's true because I said so

t. pre-med who just finished first two semesters

>he doesn't realise more complex fields of mathematics are taught to doctors so only the brightest graduate

Attached: 1376020322169.jpg (612x470, 38K)

>man starts choking at a restaurant
>his wife jumps out and shouts "IS ANYBODY HERE AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER?"
>everyone laughs
>he dies
>I fuck his wife

Attached: 1276020322141.jpg (634x815, 120K)

All med students are psychopaths.

If you can't see why the phrase "multivariate complex analysis" is funny you clearly haven't finished the calculus sequence (high school math)

>more complex fields of mathematics are taught to doctors so only the brightest graduate

LOL the weed-out classes for medical doctors are math ones? Med students finish entire doctoral medicine degrees and then finally meet a challenging class when they have to take something that a first year math undergrad would?

>first year math undergrad would?
>game theory, topology

Attached: 1315252478959.jpg (200x282, 10K)

This consistent with GRE scores. Math, physics, and philosophy students are easily the brightest. Physics students get way better MCAT scores than "pre-med" majors too. EE students are above average but nothing special

Post this on /sci/, it would be excellent bait. Even better if you replace engineering with math or physics.

Did he say *electrical* engineer, or *power* engineer?

>mfw medic in an expensive eu country
>mfw 50k/year

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

>people smart enough to stay in school and pursue a degree that will lead to comfortable income/income at all/respect consider themselves robots
Fuck you fucking normalfucks.

You're really sticking to this, huh? Why don't you tell me how many zeros of ze^z+ z^4+3iz^3+5i+3 lie in 1

>its a med student thinks he's smart thread
Work smart, not hard. I'm making more than most medical professionals as a software engineer, and I had 1/5th workload in college compared to you lmao

what's with this monkey?

10/10 you managed to troll everyone in this thread with the old pasta.

Everybody else in this thread is retarded.

Attached: 1518406993394.jpg (500x372, 73K)

Everyone gets to bash med students, and other peoples' opinion of med students still gets worse. Sounds like good fun to me

I'm retarded for not checking every thread for duplicates in archives?

pretty sure physics and astronomy are the hardest of all time

The theory of medicine isn't that difficult, it's just memorization

t. med student

Med school is literally just memorizing a bunch of shit. A metric fuckton of shit, sure, but basically just memorization. It's hard to get into and pays well because the stakes are high and you have to work hard, but that doesn't make it intellectually challenging for a typical physician.

As engineer you have to learn serious math, how to problem solve, etc. which as a whole ends up being more intellectually demanding.

Engineering pay is good, but lower, since you don't have to work as hard, stay in school as long, or put yourself in so much debt. Also a single doctor can easily be responsible for a death (and probably is responsible for many over a career), while it is rare for an engineer to be responsible for even one due to all the checks and balances.

So yes, I definitely think it's hard since statistically so many people fail or have a hard time with it. You can trade your youth, time, stress, etc. for more pay, prestige, and apparently an inflated self-esteem. I'm happy with my balance between work, pay, prestige, and overall life fulfillment.

Bump so more people can laugh at OP

memorizing stupid shit vs engineering/math skills and using them on new problems. Dumb nigga who thinks the first one is harder

>r9k is so full of newfags they can't even recognize this bait
I hate this board so much

Attached: wojaks.jpg (707x500, 71K)

I originally love this copypasta.

Congratulations, user, you wrote several paragraphs to rebut pasta.

I am actually surprised so many recognized OP's pasta, havent seen it posted in a long time

I learned that stuff in high school and I'm an American.
>one american is retarded, therefore we're superior
delusional eurofag

If you're not liberal arts, you're subhuman

Attached: 1523177418252.png (1011x801, 58K)

What's being a mortician like

whats the consensus on political sciences?

>tfw CS brainlet
>tfw most of my class have already graduated while i'm still retaking courses in the 2nd grade
having zero social life really makes uni a thousand times more difficult.

No, you didn't "learn complex numbers", you learned they *existed* in high school. If you know how to work with them in analysis, answer the question I wrote here (again, straightforward one an American mathematics freshman should know how to solve):

>Europoors so dumb they've never even heard of the field of complex analysis

I love electrical engineering but I completely agree with you OP.

kek'd olrnaigily

tfw supposed to be studying for the MCAT right now because I'm taking it in 2 months

Attached: fbe19839c408d6c349ee7bd5c4cada3e99f6107b007cb61716aa607cf578afbf.jpg (500x500, 28K)

>He doesn't become a psychology student and save his father from the belly of the beast
Lmaoing at ur life

Attached: 785635324.png (266x317, 80K)

First 2 are true during the med school
Then it takes deep downturn
You start making 45k for working 16 hours daily on average, having ONE weekend, not 4 like often ridiculed wagecucks
You dont even see your family, more likely you dont even have one
Then being 40 yo when you uncuck yourself from 300k student debt, then you make 400k which are taxed 55% to feed dindus

By that time you are dead inside, realizing you are just drone flipping patients like burger meat and sucking cock of insurance companies and senseless byrocracy

Docs are the most suicidal profession
I regretted being one, and was on verge of kms until I switched to comfy part time job
Still would NOT do it again