/awake/ Stay Awake Tonight

>What is /awake/?
This is a general thread for people like me right now who want to stay awake tonight. The idea behind this is that we chat and post music/pics and all that stuff to keep us all motivated to carry on with this goal.

>Are there any rules?
No, do what you want.

Go crazy, relax or something. I try to stay in this thread all night long (it's ca. 01:30 where I live) and chat with you guys if you want.

Attached: pepe_awake.jpg (387x387, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d1L-3gj4LtM
youtube.com/watch?v=scif2vfg1ug
youtube.com/watch?v=YU3kmgXTHIc
youtube.com/watch?v=PrtUGVNT-p8
youtube.com/watch?v=_TXad0AD2VU
youtube.com/watch?v=VHWG9-SOsAs
youtube.com/watch?v=TdBiG1XZx3Y&list=PLkscIjOFmqKuGXqSsHxqDR48zyQEDnESW
youtube.com/watch?v=WuQetcc2S-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ClhOPyH2oQI
youtube.com/watch?v=_YC3sTbAPcU
youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM4bsfWg
youtube.com/watch?v=3jLVH1J3xmk
youtube.com/watch?v=TalaxB_x3yg
youtube.com/watch?v=zOujzvtwZ6M
youtube.com/watch?v=sdpRaEIrw1M
youtube.com/watch?v=YCohm_CilUY
youtube.com/watch?v=apBWI6xrbLY
youtube.com/watch?v=UmThqQKbKc8
youtube.com/watch?v=t7mPRAiwPdk
youtube.com/watch?v=cbbV9u6_J3E
youtube.com/watch?v=QXh30qF7D38
youtube.com/watch?v=xik-y0xlpZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=q-RVJyNpfDk
youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU
youtube.com/watch?v=-e2kPnGleic
youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0
youtube.com/watch?v=vMPR6Ujop4k
youtube.com/watch?v=fND_Y6OgsDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8
youtube.com/watch?v=JI6MLcJb_m4
youtube.com/watch?v=ssNg3jaS7WQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3bCpUWeXjag
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9brBJ1t1k
youtube.com/watch?v=F7O1z-Vw9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=8WYUfsdjHWM
youtube.com/watch?v=T9TvcAMENJE
youtube.com/watch?v=GbfI4tV6Nvs
youtube.com/watch?v=A8rpm0Eue-o
youtube.com/watch?v=2RmG6_I_KDU&list=PLxzZh_QCZ7_GrvR0V_9oRZ74OuUQn29IA
youtube.com/watch?v=DGY0eraii9I
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
youtube.com/watch?v=TUwmP4H0o8o&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=i_tGuYNlCQ8&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=_IpY2XmsQXs&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=LNVFGpZpBTU&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AND I CONTINUE
TO BURN THE MIDNIGHT LAMP
ALOOOONE

Good song from a good album.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1L-3gj4LtM

This thread is gonna die very quickly, ain't it?

>I have an exam and a party tomorrow. (Today.)
Nope cya fgts I'm getting get some drunk Thot to suck me.

Cya larper. In a few hours I pick up my gf from the clinic.

Attached: 1527019193759.gif (423x316, 154K)

Bump. Original original original. Look at me I am so original.

Hey guys, what music do you enjoy?

I'm a normie so i unironically enjoy pop

Staying awake because I accidentally took home the work keys. Won't wake up early enough to go in when they open if I go to sleep.

Attached: 1528961265768.png (700x700, 400K)

3:35 AM I don't even want to stay awake but I'm already so far I have to commit

It's 8:35 PM and I already want to go to bed. Bueno cocoa

Doesn't have to be a bad thing. There are even some interesting pop bands which also branch into different genres of music like The Cure. One of my favourite pop bands is Dead Or Alive. Here are some links:

youtube.com/watch?v=scif2vfg1ug

youtube.com/watch?v=YU3kmgXTHIc

Hey guys, how do you deal with being pieces of shit that ruin everything good i your lives.
My one and a half year relationship came to an end today because I can't manage my anger, or emotions altogether. Loved her with all my heart, and she loved me, I never cheated on her, treated her right most of the time, but I had big anger lashouts in which I insulted and even degraded her. She wasn't always nice or respectful, but she was definitely better than me.

Attached: nn.jpg (500x500, 46K)

They sound pretty cool, I'll check them out!
Which artist do you mainly listen to, otherwise?

Nice, I like people who take responsibility.
That's the spirit!^^
Than sleep tight, sweet prince. It's not too late for you.

Try to remove yourself from the situation when you notice that you're getting angry. Literally leave the room or go take a walk whenever you feel like that. I'm sorry you lost her, man.

Does it count if I do this in hopes of getting a stroke and dying?

Nice^^ Hard to tell, I like a lot of artists. But I have to say that I mainly listen to bands associated with the New/Dark Wave, Post-Punk and Gothic Rock movement from the 80s and 90s. Like the before mentioned The Cure (they used to make melancholy gothic rock [80-82]), Dead Or Alive (used to be dark too), Bauhaus, Sisters Of Mercy, Anne Clark AND London After Midnight.

Also a lot of psychedllic rock like The Velvet Underground, The Doors, certain albums of The Beach Boys.

Atmospheric/Post-Black Metal is also a thing for me. For example Drowning The Light, Feigur and Ghost Bath.

Or early Techno and EBM: Sven Veath/16-Bit, Moby and so on...

I can give you some links if you want to :)

Do as you please bro. But I rather not have you dead.

>I rather not have you dead
So you want me to suffer instead, very nice of you

Dude, I know how you feel. One year ago I was a freaking drug using tranny running around drunken with a black party dress at 7 in the morning in my village while planning my suicide. I had a lot of time for thinking in the mental hospital and I came to the conclusion that it's not worth it to commit suicide. Come on bro, tell us what burdens lie on your shoulders. Maybe we can help you.

It's not dark outside in my timezone yet but I'll lurk until it is.

Good music

youtube.com/watch?v=PrtUGVNT-p8

real feel hours
youtube.com/watch?v=_TXad0AD2VU

Attached: 1529313205657.jpg (2739x1825, 1.34M)

>tranny
Fuck this thread

Fuck yourself, normalfag.

Thanks for the link, that's some beautiful shoegaze/dreampop right there!
Try this: youtube.com/watch?v=VHWG9-SOsAs

I love the cure, you have great taste

Sure! I'm always open to trying new music and discovering other genres.

Thanks man, they are my favorite band^^ I have like 30 physical records of The Cure at home xD All 13 Studio CDs, some live albums, a few bootlegs and compilations, like 3 maxi-singles on CD and 1 maxi-single on vinyl. Oh and the 4 CD BOX-Set with b-sides and rarities.

Also don't forget their side-project The Glove with Blue Sunshine. That was great too, like a mix of the Japanese Whisper- and Head On The Door Era: youtube.com/watch?v=TdBiG1XZx3Y&list=PLkscIjOFmqKuGXqSsHxqDR48zyQEDnESW

Yo of course, I got you covered! Here are some of the links. I will post more.
In the case of techno: youtube.com/watch?v=WuQetcc2S-Q and youtube.com/watch?v=ClhOPyH2oQI
More enjoyable pop (not the same genre, but still considered pop): youtube.com/watch?v=_YC3sTbAPcU (glam rock) and youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM4bsfWg (don't know, maybe electro house?)
Black Metal-ish stuff I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=3jLVH1J3xmk and youtube.com/watch?v=TalaxB_x3yg
Soundcloud/Emo Rap:
youtube.com/watch?v=zOujzvtwZ6M and youtube.com/watch?v=sdpRaEIrw1M
Psychedellic Rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=YCohm_CilUY and youtube.com/watch?v=apBWI6xrbLY

Attached: 1527515994453.jpg (800x682, 53K)

It's less taking responsibility and more not wanting to get a bollocking and/or get fired because they can't open up.

lo-fi chinese cloud-rap

Yes all nighter wooo

Attached: 1529611764498.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

so any of yall watch the world cup, im an /sp/fag as well

Here is some more recent wave music:
youtube.com/watch?v=UmThqQKbKc8 , youtube.com/watch?v=t7mPRAiwPdk
Elder Goth Stuff, deathrock, darkwave...
youtube.com/watch?v=cbbV9u6_J3E , youtube.com/watch?v=QXh30qF7D38 , youtube.com/watch?v=xik-y0xlpZ0 , youtube.com/watch?v=q-RVJyNpfDk
Old New Romantic/Wave
youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU , youtube.com/watch?v=-e2kPnGleic , youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0 , youtube.com/watch?v=vMPR6Ujop4k

Attached: 4707a3403e6138269cefcef6bffbc41d.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 480K)

Damn, I actually like the stuff you got for psychedellic rock, especially Good Vibrations. It's weirdly relaxing. Thanks for sharing, man!

lmao messi choked

Attached: 1529161000845.png (1000x728, 238K)

Glad you like it! You may want to try this: youtube.com/watch?v=fND_Y6OgsDs

Incredible! I never thought my thread would survive 45 min., let alone 3 hours! It's 04:45 now where I live. I will stay here for the next 2 hours but than I have to prepare myself to get ready for the day. Thanks to all the anons who have been with me this night so far!

I really like the video, fits perfectly with the lyrics. I've never actually seen a video that takes the lyrics literally (except maybe Riptide from Vance Joy), so it was a nice surprise!

Ahhh finally a general right for me.
t. night auditor

I'm not him but this was always my to to.
>tfw she thought I did it to spite her and started doing it back to get a reaction out of me
I only cried half the time. I loved her so much but she treated me like human garbage.

Well sotrming out of a room is ppretty odd, I definitely think he (or anyone who does this to avoid losing control of anger) should sit down with loved ones at first and explain to them the situation, and how you need to remove yourself from the situation to stay calm.

I'm sorry she treated you that way, man. You deserve better, and whoever is lucky enough to have you will be grateful for you.

Coming up to 4am lads. Work in 2 hours. Can finally sleep in 7.

Attached: coze.jpg (3264x2448, 1.03M)

>who here 48 hour no sleep club

:^)

shadow homies what it do

Fuck that's comfy, like it.
Not today, honey ;)

Maybe I or someone else should do /awake/ threads more often. More likely someone else since I technically try to fix my life^^

Here is something relaxing to enjoy... awake, my loved ones!
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

Attached: 220px-Childish_Gambino_-_Awaken,_My_Love!.png (220x220, 107K)

I never stormed... Just said things like "I going to the other room for a bit." and say down to decompress.

She would usually follow me though do the didn't normally work until I started going out to my car. Just kept escalating each fight.

I wish i didn't miss her, man.

I miss my dog.

Attached: 1523801899685.jpg (343x600, 38K)

Shit man I'm sorry, having your dog by your side definitely would've helped. Can you at least get him back by offering to take him off her hands?

Is anyone of you guys into Touhou?

Attached: Th06Marisa.png (179x246, 37K)

I estimate that I have at least another four (4) hours of wakefulness remaining
what should I do unsleepy bros?

36 hours is peak comfy with some light euphoria and mania but past that point my thoughts become too disorganized
I used to be able to go a lot longer

Legitimately don't know why you people need motivation to stay up. I've been going to bed around 6:30 every day for the past week or so. I guess it helps if you have depression and can just endlessly scroll this dumpster fire of a board.

Attached: 1513893664965.jpg (609x412, 60K)

>but I had big anger lashouts in which I insulted and even degraded her
Fuck you, man. Broke up with my girlfriend recently for the same shit. No one deserves that. No one.

Attached: 1448698722451.jpg (547x521, 42K)

For a while I was going to bed at 8 AM and waking up at 7 PM. I get it user, its rough. You end up feeling even shittier over time. It's a cycle.

The only way I've fixed it before is trying to reset my schedule by forcing myself to sleep early and trying not to look at my phone as much. But it's tough.

What's the longest time you've stayed awake and why? Tell us your story, user. I need some good reading material before I eventually sleep.

Tune up that electronica taste, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=JI6MLcJb_m4
youtube.com/watch?v=ssNg3jaS7WQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3bCpUWeXjag
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9brBJ1t1k

I don't even know if I really need to fix at, at least for now. I usually go into work at 3 so there's nothing exactly pushing me to go to bed any earlier. Not really much to do when awake, either.

Yeah I understand. I usually spend way too many hours looking at my phone and watching youtube or playing vidya

I appreciate that, user. Thanks for not giving me shit for it.

WHEN NIGHT FALLS
SHE CLOAKS THE WORLD
IN IMPENETRABLE DARKNESS

lml

No longer night time lads. 5:30am. Time I made a move, this was a nice cozy slow moving thread. Hope these are a recurring thread.
Cheers for the music.

Attached: 1486367545962.jpg (860x1225, 1M)

I like the part when you've stayed up long enough that you feel calm and the depression and suicidal thoughts goes away briefly

Wow hard to tell somewhere between 48-72 hours (I guess 3 days in total were my record) I suppose. I can tell a little story about that if you want.

>be me, 18 y o goth kid (a true one desu, looked traditional and listened to 80s darkwave stuff)
>hate of course everything
>only see my friends on vacations, we live apart
>we hang around a lot in the backyard of one of my friends
>most of them are alternative/punks/metalheads
>they do drugs most of the time while I usually just get myself some alcohol
>notthistime.mp3
>been suicidal since months and actually wanted to take my life
>fuck this, try MDMA for the first time
>PURE FUCKING LOVE
>it's like cupid's arrow penetrates my veins
>we all cuddle and feel so warm and comfy
>we stayed up all night long
>in the process I somehow managed to twist my ancle but the pain felt so good.

Part 1, cont. comes soon...

Attached: 1527022091387.gif (450x450, 2M)

I wish I could pull an all nighter but I have a retarded mandatory 5 hour course later today so I can get my drivers license. Even though I'll probably fuck the road test up horrendously.

When you've stayed up long enough it feels like you're pretty dissociated and out of it.

Not even mentioning the hallucinations

I just get more depressed and suicidal the longer I stay up and sleeping seems to reset it.

I am extremely bored right now i wanna sleep but i can't cause insomnia

I need to buy Nyquil

Attached: 1529637629740s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

anyone here try melatonin?

it gave me super trippy weird vivid dreams that felt real and kinda worked for a few weeks but after daily use it made me too groggy so i stopped

youtube.com/watch?v=F7O1z-Vw9Vc

DOOM METAL You either fall asleep or Get really Jumpy

ill post some more

I'm always /awake/ and I really like this idea for a thread. How's it going so far user?

Attached: 734.png (680x737, 737K)

I've experienced both, sometimes it makes me more depressed but sometimes I randomly feel better

youtube.com/watch?v=8WYUfsdjHWM

sad boy stuff desu but i love doom a bit too much. My favorite sub-genre of metal although Sludge (even tho its a doom subgenre) and Melo death come close

youtube.com/watch?v=T9TvcAMENJE

Rip david.

Part2, forget to mention that I'm a german and OP of course... just in case:
>next morning, sunday
>go on flee market with friends
>wasted as fuck, pure depression
>friends fuck around, end up buying a shitty hat for 1 Euro
>go through some merchandise
>"No, this can't be!"
>freaking "Temple Of Love" vinyl by The Sisters Of Mercy is for sale
>purchase it cause I think it's an omen or something
>me and my friends split up
>go to my dad's home totally wasted
>on the way home I'm so paranoid that my vinyl gets sun damage that I put it under my trenchoat and stuff
>get home
>wasted and depressed, what do?
>listen to underground gothic rock
>fits the mood perfectly, feel great for some reason
>drive to my mom's home with a sense of accomplishment

cont...

youtube.com/watch?v=GbfI4tV6Nvs

youtube.com/watch?v=A8rpm0Eue-o

good old Type O. Always Cheers me up.

youtube.com/watch?v=2RmG6_I_KDU&list=PLxzZh_QCZ7_GrvR0V_9oRZ74OuUQn29IA

Funeral doom for all you Guys who lost someone in the past

youtube.com/watch?v=DGY0eraii9I

not doom but post black metal is close enough so here it goes

always love to listen to this song in bed, idk why

youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

look at deez dubs btw

No dubs senpai

Part3:
>finally really home
>spend the rest of the day listening to the vinyl i got and some old techno and EBM stuff
>fall asleep at night
>be depressed for like 2 more days

I'm not into drugs anymore, but they really opened my mind. I still would be a fucking conservative goth kid which just feels hate if I hadn't experienced other (forced) emotions through drugs.

There are far more interesting stories of my past, this one was pretty boring to be honest. I just mixed up the beginning of this story with another cool one. Sorry for that, but I had to bring the greentext story to an end.

Feels good. When I don't sleep I definately feel a lot better. I actually like to bring this thread back to life some other time since some guys are interested.

lil bump XD for the sake of god this is original

Attached: 1527512981726.png (700x467, 609K)

you have all gone to bed?? weak minds

Attached: 1483065407513.gif (250x213, 1.5M)

Nope. Laying down homie

I want to stay awake but I'm already feeling like sleeping, should I pop a few caffeine pills or just sleep?

Pop a few caffeine pills and walk around your room a bit till they kick in, laying down just makes you more tired

OP here. Nope, still /awake/.. at least until the next sunset. I go off now but I come back later in a few hours (or more) if the thread's still kickin'.

Nice songs, thanks.

Here is some future funk-ish stuff I listen to regulary:
youtube.com/watch?v=TUwmP4H0o8o&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=i_tGuYNlCQ8&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=_IpY2XmsQXs&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=LNVFGpZpBTU&t=

Attached: lum.jpg (225x330, 39K)

I just gpt here nigga.

Attached: aiko.jpg (399x276, 17K)

Thanks for some jams in return. Future funk has fast become one of my favorites.

Attached: 132750696864.gif (200x220, 349K)

Currently playing EoSD

Whats your favourite th game?

Any tips on how not to be /awake/? I cannot sleep normally and function in 30-40 hour cycles. Attempting to set a sleeping pattern just makes me tired all the time from waking up *early* or too awake to sleep after only being up for 18-20 hours.

I fell in love with Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night. Almost got a good ending years ago on normal mode but at the endgame I took a break because I got nudes send from a befriended femboy. It was so distracting that I failed the chance. I was never so close to not loose a single continue xD

I saved a bunch of RNH images. I know they were nothing but shitposting, but shitposting is a lot funnier at 3am.

try forcing yourself to go to sleep before you get your second wind. It's easier for me to sleep at 12 hours than at 18.

Attached: 1443252802015.jpg (596x510, 176K)

Got to remilia on hard yesterday with no continues, choked it on scarlet netherworld D:

Decided to visit this board again after awhile, trying to fight my insomnia so this thread seems nice. It was my birthday a few days ago, pretty lonely as usual. Im listening to the Katamari Damacy soundtrack right now while I play xenoblade 2.