QTDDTOT

>Old one at 300
1. How do you be happy? I go to the gym and am not depressed anymore. But still unhappy

Attached: 147B7AE6-BB12-4056-BB1B-0897D82CDC94.jpg (960x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Lists/Directory.
tdeecalculator.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Check all of your boxes.

Want to be big and strong? Be big and strong.
Want a gf? Get one.
Want money and a successful career? It's on you.

Figure out what you want in life and start working at it.

My elbows are hurting like hell. I'm taking a break from lifting and stretching. What can be done to make sure it doesn't happen again? Should I invest in elbow wraps?

I get what you mean but I feel stuck.
Like I want to get big and strong. But I have diagnosed gyno, I have thin ass wrists.
I just got dumped.
I do want money and a successful career but I’m a 22 year old bartender. I don’t know what to do, Uni or a trade?
Maybe I’m just an indecisive fuck

I have hobbies and a long-term relationship that gives me satisfaction and fulfillment in life

How much you lifting? Any exersice that makes them worse?

Not a lot. Bench 1pl8 and row 80lbs. I've had discomfort for a while but last weekend it got worse while rock climbing. Couldn't do anything on Monday in the gym

Is it normal to have an extremely sore butt right after squatting?
Have I pulled a muscle or is activating a muscle anew can cause this?

I’ve heard anons talk about how body weight exersice like pushups made their wrists thicker, any truth to this?

What are you good at? What do you enjoy? Combine those into something of use to both yourself and others

Can I develop full body strength without the bench press? Could I replace it with weighted dips and perhaps some other exercise? I don't really care about having a big number on the bench, but I do care about improving my OHP.

Attached: 389e01b5968990c904c8353226692c22.png (221x89, 3K)

Your wrists are bones. They're set after puberty.

Possibly those anons are talking about childhood exercise but generally its childhood diet and genetics that count.

Sadly good diet meant not fat to my mother so I'm a wristlet too.

No. Can't be done; there's little to no muscle there.
>t. wirstlet

>tfw you have thick wrists but tiny hands

Am I gonna make it?

Halp me, Anons.

I'm a naturally skinny fuck. I've been doing bodyweight exercises (full time job, three kids, gym not affordable in terms of time or money) for nine or so months now. I can do 100 pull ups in the space of 20 minutes. I do 300 push ups one-legged a week. I eat as much as time, money, and appetite allows.

And I'm still a scrawny cunt.

What do?

We're all gonna make it.

Get Kettlebells.

eat more
seriously, size only comes by eating more. you cant build muscle out of nothing. try tracking your calories for a day, i can almost guarentee that you're eating less than TDEE+300

Do chest dips with weighted belt, just lean forward and bring your feet up.
If you squat atg or way below parallel and are trying out a new rom it's probably just that.
like and said, at most you would have had a chance during puberty but no one sits there and plans nutrition, micros and exercises for building your frame. It's just how it is.
Maybe take up boxing? More force from a big frame into a tiny hand would hurt like hell getting hit with.
Have to eat more calories as sad as that comes down to. Do things like add butter to rice when you cook it. Cheap ground beef dumped in with a big bucket of rice. If there is an all you can eat place in your town hit it up RIGHT after you finish up lifting and gorge yourself until you get the meat sweats.
yep

Attached: 10.jpg (810x1013, 220K)

There is this kinda big guy at my gym who's lifting a lot less than me. I'm mogging him hard with weights, yet I look a lot smaller.
I know strength doesn't equal size, but if I stayed on my current weights forever and switched to hypertrophy reps, will I eventually get big?

This guy isn't even benching 2pl8s and he's looking pretty damn swole.

I've always thought about boxing. There's actually a boxing gym five minutes walking distance from my house. It actually doesn't bother me too much anymore. I've been in construction the past four years and my hands have beefed up a lot. Thanks bruh. Appreciate the suggestion.

I am 6'2" and weigh 140 lbs after drastically losing weight over 3 years after being bit by a tick that prevents me from eating beef or pork or any products from them (see whey). I used to be 185lbs and fit , now I'm struggling to stay from being emaciated. I don't work out any more from fear of losing more weight. I believe I eat enough but still shrink 1-2 lbs a month. How do I get back to being atleast average healthy weight.

>Do chest dips with weighted belt, just lean forward and bring your feet up.
Thanks, yeah I've been trying to do "chest dips" for a couple weeks. I haven't added weight yet because I want to make sure my form is good so I don't fuck up my shoulders.
But I still want to know if my other lifts will suffer because of this. Am I neglecting muscles that the bench press would have worked?

For those of you who record yourself in the gym for form checks, or whatever, what equipment do you use? Recommendations?

Strength > size is the fitness redpill, user.

I have a 15kg (approx. 30lbs) DB which I use after my bodyweights to superset but I can carely reach 10 reps per set atm.

Damn, I don't know if I can afford to eat more. I mean I'm getting stronger, I can feel it and I can lift shit I couldn't before, but I look almost exactly the same. Christian Bale in the Machinist levels of thin. I thought I'd be at least buff by now and I'm actually losing weight without even trying.

>1. How do you be happy? I go to the gym and am not depressed anymore. But still unhappy

Without a relationship with the source of eternal Joy and Goodness you will never be truly happy

My cellphone propped up against something like a kettlebell nobody is using

Attached: DOPExdgUEAAbm8-.jpg (500x512, 26K)

iPhone 6S
Try spiking your insulin? I'm not a health expert, but you could do some reading on the subject.

>Try spiking your insulin?
Never heard of that before. I'll get some fruit and give it a go. My normal post-workout is half a kg of Greek yog plus three large spoons of peanut butter and half a liter of milk. I'll throw in some fruit and honey.

Cheers!

Strength adaptations are through more effective firing and contraction of the contractile muscle you do have. If you want mass, which is what you want then you need to eat more. If you are getting enough protein or need cheap protein get something like beans by bulk and just cook the shit out of them with rice and fry it up with olive oil. Just increase your calorie count somehow.
Knock someone good for us user.
It will be fine user. You aren't going to "neglect" anything. If you don't want to bench then chest dips will suffice until you feel comfortable with it.

Attached: 1527172454756.jpg (612x534, 81K)

What exercises should I be doing if I am a beginner in indoor rock climbing/bouldering? Never done it before but taking a "class" on it next semester so trying to get in shape for it now. I am 6'3, 290lbs and mainly just do squats and olympic lifts so cant really do pullups and maybe 1 or 2 chinups. Should I just cut and work on pullups or something?

Attached: 1527386021191.jpg (635x665, 130K)

>Maybe I’m just an indecisive fuck
>Maybe
>indecisive
>Maybe

>Maybe

>Strength adaptations are through more effective firing and contraction of the contractile muscle you do have. If you want mass, which is what you want then you need to eat more.
Makes sense. Thanks lad.

>My cellphone propped up against something like a kettlebell nobody is using

>iPhone 6S

Thanks. Was hoping there was some kind of well known alternative. My gym is full of dyels spazzing out all over the place so the chances of my phone getting crushed this way is higher than I'm comfortable with.

>It will be fine user. You aren't going to "neglect" anything. If you don't want to bench then chest dips will suffice until you feel comfortable with it.
Thanks bud

Attached: mwvDoHvYEOiaOxI8fOTTVtyrrEcX_7FawrF-YDHoyNs.jpg (432x767, 49K)

Keep up the good work anons.

Attached: 1528728597606.jpg (1280x839, 157K)

Wait, you really can't eat that stuff? No way around it?

>about to switch out bench for weighted dips
What can I expect?

Reposting from last thread.
After a heavy squats and sumo deadlifts session last week and a random leg stretch routine before bed, the next day my legs felt really tight and I could barely extend them. Today my left hammy still feels really tight. Could stretching lead to an injury? What should I do ?

Hits center of chest more, feels slightly more tricep dependent.
Soak in hot tub or get heat on it and after about 20-30 minutes of heating it do very light stretches. If it still hurts take a break from using them for 2-3 days and reassess.

I used to lift a lot a few years ago but i havent done any lifting or much physical activity in years (got to 75+kg while lifting, stopped and fell down to ~65 then over the years back up to 75+ and chubby)

ive lost all my gains, I heard once that if you made the gains before and lost them that they come back quicker - any truth to this or just broscience?

It's pretty true. I became detrained and had a 525 dead at my best. When I started back up it was 2 or so years later (marriage makes you complacent fyi) and my dead was 335 for 1rm. After 3-4 months it went back up to 465 for 1rm. I'd say in about a year I think I can pull 500+ again. You don't use it you lose it but you get it back much faster than if you never had it before. Just go back and get to it and you might be surprised at what you can still lift.

Attached: 1528735760180.jpg (680x755, 60K)

No if I eat it I go into anaphylactic shock.

Can you get to ottermode with bodyweigjt

Jesus christ. Maybe eat something like beans and rice? Does chicken create the same allergic reaction? Maybe chicken chilli on rice with fried onions/tomatoes/garlic? Something filling, calorically dense and easy to make in large batches dumped on a lot of carbs?
Yes. Also try swimming.

Attached: Chicken chili.jpg (1200x782, 173K)

i feel pain in my collar bone after i do dips not while doing them but right after i finish a set, what do guys i dont wanna stop doing them

Attached: 1516841034059.jpg (640x800, 51K)

Is it true that I have to keep my arms facing forward while squating? I feel like this was some sort of shit advice I got and now it bothers me when trying to hit lmao2pl8.

Also, do you really need to plant your feet on the ground while bench pressing?

Bench stalled at 230ish. On my last 1rm attempt I couldn't lock it out. This coincides with the fact that I've neglected to do triceps isolation

Should I just add in a shit load of triceps volume to get over the stall? I have no doubt I'm getting enough bench and OHP volume in, I always told myself that benching and OHP would be enough work for them, I'm guessing not?

Also any triceps exercises with the best "carryover" to the bench?

good to know, will keep that in mind. have a free gym membership on offer for when i decide to dive back into it

I'm doing a PLP routine 6 days a week with rest on Sundays. How long should my workouts be Mon-Sat? It will be push,legs,pull for the first 3 days and repeated for the next 3

When I started to stall I added plyopushups after a heavy set of presses. If you work on explosive force it'll keep you from spending too much energy or time under tension and you can just kind of explode up into the lockout. Strength is great for lifts but if you move at a glacial pace you're just making it harder for yourself unless you're trying to have so much time under tension.
Do you mean palms facing forward?...
You might need to see a physio. There might be an issue with your dipping position. Do some scapular strengthening exercises to ensure you aren't injuring yourself due to lack of stability in your ac joint.
Keep workouts short and sweet unless you are on a strength progression program. So shorter rests between sets. With 4-5 exercises on push, pull or legs you should be done within an hour and about 45 minutes from the first set to finish including rest time.

Attached: 1528170064602.jpg (640x640, 96K)

I know what exercises to do, but I just don't know when to do them, should I dedicate days of the week to sections of my body? Like Wednesday is body day where I train my core, pectorals etc.. and the next day is arms day?

Is it normal for casein to be significantly less sweet than whey?
My casein is natural vanilla flavoured and my whey is vanilla. Both are from "MyProtein". Eating the casein with a spoon, I can taste the sweetener and mild flavouring, but in water its almost undetectable and with a low amount of water, it has a gritty texture.

Attached: My jimmies sense is rustling.jpg (395x441, 207K)

It's not about how much you can lift it's about how good you luck. That's the fitness blackpill

I'm doing OMAD and can't shit. I already tons of fruits and vegetables. Should I just eat more or can anything else help me shit?

Just use any standard format and change up the exercises to what you think you want to work. Use a PHAT, PHUL, PPL. It doesn't really matter which one. If you want to find an exercise to use try out exrx.net/Lists/Directory.
Casein generally has less carbs then whey isolates.

Take some kind of fiber you dump into your shake.

Adding an extra lifting day on Saturday because I'll be there anyway.

Kettlebell bench rows before Zercher squats
or
Zercher squats before Kettlebell bench rows

Attached: Kettlebell-Row-With-Rotation[1].jpg (620x349, 110K)

How do i get my hamstring to stop being so gay? Whenever i do squats my right hamstring hurts the next day and not in the correct way. I squatted less than i can bench (60kg) last time and it still happens. Do i need to stretch before/after lifting? Ive been trying to take baby steps but if i cant even do 5x5 of 1 plate i doubt its the weight thats the problem.

I want bigger legs fit, i already squat/dead lift multiple times a week and are consuming excess calories
The question I have is hip abductors/inductor excersizes going to help build the sides of my legs? My quads are tear drop status, they just aren't rounded out.
What do?

Always do compounds like squat bench deadlift etc before accessory exercises like rows curls etc

> 25 minutes into lifting, 2nd set of heavy DB row
> Sudden urge to shit, real bad
> Still have 25 minutes left

Do I break off my routine and session and run to the toilet to shit like a madman, or do I hold it in and turn everything into a core exercise?

Attached: spiderman.jpg (353x380, 15K)

Try RDLs

obviously you go and shit, how is this a question? how are you going to max out your lifts if you are scared of sharting at any point?!

How long can cottage cheese last out of fridge if left in a container? Want to eat it after/before a work out. Or can I take oats with whey?

when a routine says 3x5, does it mean (after 2 month progressing maybe) that its 5rm x 3 sets? (or maybe 95% 5rm so that you can do 3 sets?)

it becomes sour very fast, i would say maybe 3-4 hours, but havent tried it desu

How the fuck do you curb hunger pains?

I usually do but rows are kind of a compound because they hit the rhomboids, lats, and traps. Although I already know I can row their heaviest kettlebells so Zerchers make sense to do first.

>Do you mean palms facing forward?...
No, as my arms should be straight like I'm doing a military press.

When hitting a plateau in the middle of a routine because of cutting (1000 kcal+), should you eat normally and then try to cut later or do you reach your cutting goal first (could take a few months for me to cut to said goal, that's why)?

Skinnyfat fuck here. Doing gslp right now and trying to get strong. At 5'10" 145 lbs ~20% bodyfat does 2700 cals/day seem right for a lean bulk?

A military press is way too close in if your strict press form is trying to take advantage of training your triceps in the longer rom. For high bar squat you can keep a grip on the bar with your arms in a w shape, which is always going to be a little wider on a low bar squat.
Don't worry about the routine when cutting. You aren't going to be putting on mass and there is only so much cns adaptation and technique which stalls out loss of mass. Cut to where you want to be and then lean bulk up for more mass and repeat.
tdeecalculator.net/ Use that and set it to sedentary and just add 10-15% on total tdee.
Drink water and power through 99% of the time. Once every three or four weeks have a cheat day where you eat at or just above maintenance tdee.
3x5 depends on the program. Usually people go something like 70/80/85-90% of their 1rm pyramiding up in weight as the sets go on. Or strictly stay in the 80ish range.

Attached: 2.jpg (810x1013, 260K)

Drinking more water, eating more, eating more veggies or fiber rich foods.
Eating frequency, from OMAD to +6 meals/day might affect individuals differently. Give a try to both.

1000kcal deficit sound too sharp. If you're lifting recreationally, try something more moderate.

20% seems to high for bulking. Recomp, you'll feel better faster.

I'm a 5'6 manlet. Is 1/2/3/4 in a year still realistic for me?

Can I still recomp if I am 3 months into lifting again but not that high bf%?
>Once every three or four weeks have a cheat day where you eat at or just above maintenance tdee.
So what your saying is if I didn't eat 3k over my maintenance once a weak I would have abs?
Learning experience

>3k over your maintenance
Why?
>Once every three or four weeks have a cheat day where you eat AT OR JUST ABOVE MAINTENANCE tdee.
Yeah, that and actually doing weighted work when you do your ab exercises user more specifically do the weighted work on your cheat day. It works like every other muscle in your body. You want more mass you do work with weights and eat enough to generate mass. Weights/intensity of work = higher ridges, less fat = more visible.

Attached: 1527280728955.jpg (1600x900, 147K)

I'm stalling on all of my lifts except rows. What do? Here's my stats (yeah they're still low, I haven't been lifting for long but I feel like they ought to be higher):

6'1
213 lb (20-25% bf maybe? I dunno)

1pl8 bench
1,5pl8 row
1pl8 squat
1pl8 diddly (just started out doing this, starting with low weight to train good form)

I am currently cutting while lifting. Daily calorie intake is 1500 kcal +-200 kcal, not counting lifting. The macro ratio is about 35/35/30 carb/pro/fat. I'm tracking my calories with MyFitnessPal and weighing what I eat. I am doing PHUL.

Everybody "could" recomp, but results would take much more time only after you're intermediate.

3000kcal over maintenance for a day is kinda way too much. I hope you got a considerable deficit the day before and after to balance a bit that.

Rows should be on par with bench.
Don't use % for macro distribution, better use 1g/lb of body weight for protein, 0.5g/lb for fat, fill the rest with carbs.
Fix form, sleep better, eat more in that order.

How embarrassing is it that I'm 6'2 190lbs and struggle to lift 120lbs+bar on a Smith machine? Why is my chest so weak

When do i stop bulking, guys?
U'm 6ft, started at like 74kgs and bulked to 81kg. Getting a bit scared of getting fat now but I don't want to lose my gainz.

Tall people have long arms = bad leverages for press. It'll all equal out in the end since as a tall lifter you'll have the capability to put on mass than a shorter lifter but it'll take a while longer. You'll be there as long as you keep at it.
Some people stop around 18-20% and cut down to 10-12% and repeat that process until they hit close to their genetic max after 4-6 years of lifting, bulking and cutting. Whenever you cut you are going to be glycogen depleted and going to lose some mass and lifts stall or go down. That's just part of the process.

>Rows should be on par with bench.
>Don't use % for macro distribution, better use 1g/lb of body weight for protein, 0.5g/lb for fat, fill the rest with carbs.
>Fix form, sleep better, eat more in that order.
So I'm stalling because I'm cutting? I'll fix my diet then.

What's the best way to get that 1.5 grams of protien per lb every day? Like I can't figure out a way to feasibly get that much without drinking 4 protein shakes a day, which I'm not doing. How much is it hurting my gains that I average about 140 grams a day where I should be getting about 220-250

If you are cutting you can still be around 1-1.2g. If you are bulking .8-1g is fine. 1.5 is if you are very lean and nearing single digits and afraid to lose lbm or fuck up your composition for a competition. Just gonna have to choke down food. Tuna, chicken, flank steak, ground beef drained in chili, etc.

How long should a workout last? I've been working out at a slow pace for about 2hrs daily. Should I increase the intensity and slash in half the time I spend at the gym?

45 minutes to 1 hour unless you eat right after the first hour and go again for another hour or have some kind of long program. Anyone working out for a prolonged time like 2-3 hours is usually either trying to lose fat and doing circuits or on gear and doing a lot of volume work.

What are some non-meme ways to start Tinder convos? My response rate is like 20%

Get drunk, type whatever you want. When you stop caring so much what the right response is and try a bunch of dumb shit you'll figure out what works for you. Trial and error. Shotgun. More tries more chances more success.

Right adductor and right wrist injured what exercices can I do with the left side of my body.

I found real life wojak

Attached: IMG_20180528_124204.jpg (1319x2041, 341K)

Scapular arm strengthening isometrics, left arm hammer curls, planking on your left side, etc. Why the hell aren't you just resting?
Good find. At least he is working out.

Attached: 1526934942992.jpg (1920x1080, 959K)

I'm so goddamn stupid. I haven't been counting the barbell weight when I'm totalling up my PBs. At least I know I'm actually rowing 95lbs instead of 50...

>not resting
Because I just came back from one week without workout due to finals and my left side is in good form

What if I just eat a fuck load of protein and keep fat and carbs to a minimum?

So I'm super close to my goal weight which I'm excited about, but I still have a lot of unwanted fat around my thighs and stomach that I thought would have been less when I got so close. I'm I entering skinny fat? do I need to lose more weight after I hit my goal or should I focus on muscle building now for toning?

i am currently 6'4 and 210lbs and i am doing SS. What weight should i bulk too ?

Carbs help repair muscles the same as protein. You need a certain amount of dietary fat on a cut, around .3g per lb bodyweight. Just hit your protein macro and fat macro then split the rest up between protein and carbs.
I'd heal up but good luck user.
Depends on whether or not you are at your target bf% instead of target weight. If at your bf% then bulk if not then cut.
Depends on bf% try to not go higher than 20% because you'll get built pudge.

was at gym today doing squats bby weight 80kg (1,5 pl8)

after one set my forearms start to hurt and cramp
lower weight to 70kg
same issue

couldn't even to proper OHP after

I had a 10 day workout break and my sleep schedule is kinda messed up, could that be the reason?

My shoulder clicks like a car grinding gears and my elbow hurts like hell during pushups, but everything is perfectly fine for benching.
I've checked my form and watched every video imaginable on this but can't get it to stop.
Help me Jow Forums

Attached: Dumbbell-Row-Push-Up-STACK.jpg (654x368, 77K)