Can we talk about how perfect diddlies are?

Can we talk about how perfect diddlies are?
By far the best lift. I always feel like a fucking million bucks afterwards

Attached: file.png (830x467, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PsvJYZ8QIWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no i have lower back issues. maybe some day ill be able to do it

for people that are too lazy/unskilled to do highbar squats, yes they're great

Not even remotely close

what kind of issues?

nothing in lifting has matched the hype of pulling 500 for the first time

Every pl8 milestone feels so good.
I'm just about at 3pl8 now and since I otherwise look so skinny, it feels especially good.

This guy has shit form.

Not really.
His swole chest and shoulders makes him seem like he's more horizontal than his spine really is

fuck your diddlies. I have a bulging disk in my spine from wageslaving

>His swole chest and shoulders makes him seem like he's more horizontal than his spine really is

I'm not sure about that.

I've done more hours standing up than you have I reckon
Even did a half year working at moving company.
Some 12+ hour shifts.

I thank DLs for the solidity of my spine

Attached: DcU5rEBUwAYbcRP.jpg (680x695, 34K)

Just started lifting again after a very long recoup. Deads feel awkward right now, though I believe I'm doing them correctly.

It's probably just me being insecure about lifting babby weight.

Try one legged deadlifts. Much less lower back strain.

To me it looks that his lower back is bent, but can't know from this angle

Me too.
I just started going back again.
It was squats that fucked me. God I couldn't walk for half a week.
But deads was like coming home again.

Fug
Just set a new PR of 125kg
How the fuck did Hall do 500kg? At this point I can't even dream of doing 300kg

No one's done 500kg, shit. Not even on records.
He's talking about pounds, lbs.

I was doing 125kg when I stopped lifting for the winter. Shitty that I did. But it happened.
Now I'm clawing back up. 200 kg today. Gonna surpass that quick. Gonna crack the 250 soon. Fucking 3pl8 here I come

Hey bros, this style of taping works p good for a torn callus. Let me dl with a callus that was painful to touch.
Only tips i have are really leave a lot of slack in the finger piece, and really wrap up your wrist because the sweat soaks thru and makes the tape unstick. I used athletic tape from a drug store, non stretchy.

Got it from here
youtu.be/PsvJYZ8QIWo

Attached: IMG_20180607_210633478.jpg (4000x3000, 3.71M)

>No one's done 500kg, shit. Not even on records.
>He's talking about pounds, lbs.

no he isn't, eddie hall deadlifted 500kg/1100lbs

500lb deadlift is not overly impressive, it's a solid lift though

No Eddie hall deadlifted 500kg

>babbys first deadlift

Are you me am I having a stroke?

Eddi Hall actually deadlifted 500kg

>Now I'm clawing back up. 200 kg today. Gonna surpass that quick. Gonna crack the 250 soon. Fucking 3pl8 here I come
200kg is 4 pl8s and a abit .. you mean 200lbs?

>no ones done 500kg
Imagine being this much of an absolute fucking idiot

What do deadlifts train that doing squats+rows will not train ?

how jaded are you

noted. thanks

Attached: 1512423474152.png (972x975, 964K)

REAL back
Erector spinae
Or whatever the medical term is

Squats to quads.
Rows do lats.

DLs do it all. Mostly hams and back

Dry you calus

I tore a lower back muscle doing deadlifts a few months ago. I havent deadlifted since but I want to soon. Ive done quite a bit of streching to strengthen my lowerback since. If I deadlift again I will do really low weight and high reps focusing of form but im still scared of further injury. Any tips anons?

>a solid lift
>500lbs
>"A solid lift"
You're bf% cannot be below thirty despite telling yourself it's fifteen

Can you talk about how you tore that muscle?
I think my form is on point, but I want to hear how some people failed so I know I don't go there

500lbs is extremely high compared to the average man
If you can't accept that as a great achievement then you're just a bucket crab asshole.

I was ego lifting and going for a 1rm. I think I was leaning forward too much, I wasnt focusing on keeping my back straight

>tfw griplet and can't hold onto the bar for 5x5 at my current weight

Attached: 1526996059488.jpg (708x480, 37K)

Nope. That's exactly how you need to attack it. Had same problem, slipped disc on 295 deficit deadlift and couldn't walk for nearly 2 weeks. Reconvened, took it slow, same with squats.
Squat 5x7 @245
Deficit dl 3x3 @329
@5'11 140lbs
Do both every other day and back has never felt better. Don't fall for the no exercising meme, keep going where it's time to start and it will fix itself. I restarted squat at 20 and dl at 70

Have you tried heavy front squats?

I thought you were passing it off as unimpressive
Sorry bro love u

Duly noted.
I'm wary of going for PRs already.
Now I'm more afraid

we're all gonna make it bruv

Good
They aren't worth it and slow down your overall progress

A proper front squat only uses back as stabilizers

I think the heaviest I will go in the future is for 5setsx3reps

I have four herniated discs, and previously fractured my L5.

I feel you on the back issues, but performing deadlifts will actually be more beneficial for your back in the long run

>improves core stability
>strengthens posterior chain
>improves posture

A stronger core, and a stronger posterior chain = less lower back strain and god-tier posture.

Start doing deadlifts, user. Even if you have to put baby weight on it. That's what I did to start off and now I'm back up to 500 pound diddlies.

Godspeed

I do 3X3 and have progress still
Deadlifts are the only lift I can feel happy just doing 3 reps in a set.

We're all gonna make it brahs

Deadlifting always fries my cns and makes me feel like shit so I have to get plenty of rest and do it at the end of my workouts.

>that picture
>lifting straps with mixed grip

Attached: 1509464395612.png (768x752, 88K)

How did you herniate 4 discs and fracture L5?
Pls tell me that wasn't from lifting somehow

Hammies, glutes, traps and spinal erectors more than either squats or rows. (almost) Every exercise has its use, don't discount anything out of hand.

Personally, alternating high rep diddlys, like 15-20 reps, with 5 rep diddlys did the most for my grip, give it a shot. Also there are some things you can do that may activate your grip more, like squeezing the bar as hard as you can at the start of each rep.

Have you tried doing them only once or twice a week?

What?

why the fuck is this dood using straps with a mixed grip

i got no problem with straps but like the whole point of them is so you can do double overhand,,,

Attached: 1527125909559.png (331x427, 118K)

highbar squats aren't difficult retard

Attached: 555comeonnow.jpg (600x328, 28K)

11 years of football combined with degenerative disc disease. The fractured L5 was the result of a fucked up play that left me in a wheelchair for 3 months during my senior year in HS.

22 now — lift with strict, proper form. No injuries in the weight room for me

Someone please give guidance, Im 3 months into lifting and have only pulled off a 100kg for 5 reps. I haven't added weight for a while now. My grip is strong but i just can't get the glute power to bring the bar up. How do i go about getting the mad dl gains?

Do romanian deadlifts (straight leg). Also use the GHR. Strengthen your hams and glutes user

Nothing more satisfying than a PR diddly - feel like a god the next day too. Going for 185kg tonight

mixed grip and straps...

>no one's done 500kg
>200 kg today. Gonna surpass that quick. Gonna crack the 250 soon. Fucking 3pl8 here I come

I got a feeling like this guy has never lifted a weight in his life

I'm incorporating deadlifts back into my routine, 5x5 once a week is too much for someone rated as novice? Doing 3x5 currently but still adding 10 lbs every week without much struggle on the last reps.

5x5 may or may not be too much depending on everything else you're doing. But if it's working there's no need to fuck with it.

People will rant and scream about how anything more than 1x5 is too much but that's mostly them taking SS and thinking the approach there applies to everything.

Kys quick

Squats only marginally work hamstrings and glutes

Used to love them, stopped doing them as of late since it caused muscle imbalances due to over-active upper traps. They feel pretty good and they exhaust you, but aside from a broad waist and big traps I didn't get much out of them (at least from conventionals). Gonna sub them in for doing more clean/snatch pulls and more hamstring curls.