/yog/ - Yoga

Anyone do yoga? I've never tried it before, but looking to do something that will improve my flexibility for golf. Looks like something that's pretty low impact and easy to fit in with regular lifting, but I've never done it so maybe I'm completely wrong.

Attached: 0030.jpg (2000x1333, 368K)

it saved my back . plus , hotties go

It's pretty fun and relaxing. It's not, like, easy if you do it right. Like lifting, to improve you gotta push yourself. It is low impact and will improve flexibility

How does it work? Do you just go to class and mimic whatever the teacher does?

What is the progression? Just more complex poses?

almost all yoga classes are very judgment free. you're not supposed to force anything that's uncomfortable so if a move is too hard for you, you can modify it.

also, can confirm as a lady, if you're secure enough in your manliness to even TRY yoga you're automatically 2x hotter.

A lot of people get injured from it, some of the positions just ain't right.

I do yoga and get no girls

I just started doing it. I noticed after some super intense strength training the last few months, my mobility went down, so I'm taking until July probably off the gym, and doing yoga. It feels really good actually. Helps release some of the tension, especially in those high test "moments" if you get my drift.

I noticed that even in like one week of doing it, my mobility is improving, and the stretching stuff can feel really good after.
Just try it.

this be my gf

If you have scoliosis don't do certain movements but outside of that it's a good idea.
It also depends on your type of scoliosis.

I do yoga cause it helps with breathing. Its not hard.

sorry guys :(

maybe shop around for different gyms/studios? if you don't live in the middle of nowhere there's a ton of classes to pick from.

sadly some yoga classes attract a lot of normies/hoes so that might limit your chances of scoring a yoga gf too.

yoga really is so good for your body and such a good way to unwind. 10/10 would recommend even if you can't get a gf

Yes. You may want to go to a smaller group class where there will be more attention from the teacher, so you get the poses right.

I didn’t like yoga until I embraced the mindfulness part of it. When you start taking really tough classes where you’re training your mind to “enjoy” brutal poses, it actually impacts your pain tolerance in real life. Pretty cool senpai

Ashtanga yoga is where it's at. It's the more athletic version of the practice. It's gotten me into some of the best shape of my life. I had an instructor for awhile who looks ripped AF, and he didn't even lift weights. He just did yoga and ate right to get where he was. I also like how meditation is built into the practice so I can get those mental gains as well as physical. Meditation is a great way to cool down from an intense workout.

>Yoga
>Golf
>Flexibility
>Low impact

Are you like 40?

what if i sweat profusely trying regular temperature yoga?

Main advice after years of yoga is keep shoulders externally rotated when doing downward dog

Attached: 5736514C-CE21-4C2B-8B2C-47F8B3501D0D.jpg (750x931, 330K)

what kind of mat should i get

Take your shirt off at the start of class

Personal preference, I like the really thin Jade ones. They ‘spensive doe.

Too thick/squishy a

you're fine man. you can't help it.

if you're worried about looking dumb, being bad at yoga is kinda endearing to a lot of women. just do your best

I recommend a 5/6 mm thick one. I'm 115 lbs and a 3/4 mm one kills my knees when I use it over my wood floor. I don't know if I'm too boney or what. If you're putting it over padding or carpet then any thickness should be fine.

I started doing Bikram last August, 2-3 times per week after getting out of a three year relationship in which I put on about 80 pounds. Since then, I've lost about 60 pounds and have noticed dramatic improvements in my running and lifts. Even if you're not looking to lose weight necessarily I would still recommend doing hot yoga over regular but ymmv.

No, although it reads like that. Just trying to pick up a little more distance with my shots and also prevent any injuries down the line. I know a lot of older dudes with fucked up backs, shoulders, etc and I don't want that to be me in 20 or so years.