Religious tattoos - is this a good idea, Jow Forums?

I've been thinking about getting an Orthodox-themed tattoo like the Russian Calvary Cross.

Attached: z.jpg (480x480, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cruxnow.com/faith/2015/06/27/tattoos-arent-just-a-fashion-statement-for-egypts-copts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no such thing as religious tat

yeah, check out mine

Attached: hmm.jpg (960x943, 183K)

Jesus

Attached: Jesus.jpg (1440x1420, 200K)

Are you orthodox?

cringe

Thanks

np

Attached: Danky.jpg (1242x1651, 168K)

gud?

Attached: horror-Chest-tattoo-quotes-fonts-Men.jpg (600x450, 58K)

Only get tattoos that have meaning behind them if you fully understand the meaning and context of the piece. Otherwise you just end up being that 40 year old mom with "water" in Chinese tattooed on her because it improves her chi.

i thought jesus was against tattoos, so why the fuck would you worship through them?

I have been playing with the idea to put this on my shoulder

Attached: 40bc2510111ade02b1070c1db3f0b374.jpg (510x400, 32K)

Looks tryhard and gay

>Otherwise you just end up being that 40 year old mom with "water" in Chinese tattooed on her because it improves her chi.

I see nothing wrong with this example though

good thing its an idea.

Don't be a schismatic larper

Attached: 1c63154047711e9a967c636f9f6d8134944b96022bb5aeae01e0792043611a49.png (1212x1564, 1.68M)

Why?

Attached: 3e2df9d34d16fc4b4cdfc5d005e199db.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Looks fucking dumb, sorry user

When will orthos learn

Attached: 1528886603896.jpg (484x600, 42K)

I hope this isnt you

no, it's just how it looks on skin

Which is why you shouldn't get it.

Not to mention the open heresy of the Hesychasts and corresponding inversion of Apostalic and Thomistic Metaphysics through the official assumption of the doctrine spouted by Palamas

Orthodoxy is aesthetic but still don't do that

Pax Christi, Fratres in Aeternitate

Hesychasm is heretical? What r u talking about?

Attached: 1526465098221.jpg (720x707, 64K)

Because this refers to great victories that go down in history books. Not you coming in 2nd at the under 18 powerlifting competition in Omaha Nebraska

kys snow nigger

>ANY YEAR
>MUTILATING ONES BODY

I went from a fat 20 years old khv loser to a fit university teacher and researcher, with gf in 2 years.
Whatever I touch now turns into gold. I am winning in life

Typical of the "orthodox", they do not even know their own history. Look up the Hesychast controversy, and what the learned Barlaam of Seminara had to say about it.

There is still time to save your soul, brother. Come back to the sacred Bridegroom of Christ.

God created you in his image, don't defile his image

Hesychasm is just a form of prayer.

get rid of the wreath and maybe

Are you so unsteady in your faith you need it inked onto your skin?

Heretical "prayer" condemned by the Church. I take it you did not bother looking into it any further?

If Catholics condemned it, it is because of their heretical conception of created grace.

Condemned by which church tho? The Cucktolic?
Barlaam was a butthurt faggot that tried to make Palamas look bad after he rekt him, get fucked.

unless it's eastern orthodox, you're gonna look dumb.

A real distinction between the essence and the energies of God contradicted the teaching of the First Council of Nicaea. Do you consider the Nicene Fathers to be heretics? How about St. Thomas Aquinas? Any Schismatic who actually does he due diligence will come back to the Truth. Unless he is too overcome with pride, of course.

>Condemned by which church tho
The one Church founded by Christ

uhhhhhh. Catholic bro here. Are you a Sede or something?

the essence-energies distinction of Palamas is a typical example of a perfectly admissible theological pluralism that is compatible with the Roman Catholic magisterium. Read the documents of COVS: the future of East-West rapprochement appears to be overcoming the modern polemics of neo-scholasticism and neo-Palamism.

Ughhh... right across the nipples

>Are you a Sede or something?
>Read the documents of COVS
Not even going to bother with you here. You are too deluded. Read about Fatima.

Read what about Fatima? What idiots like John Salza and other *literal* schismatics think? Don't tell me you are one of those "no valid mass" idiots who think the Holy See post COVS is the Biblical Babylon.

Unless your Coptic, don't get a tattoo.

Attached: pope_anime.png (500x300, 49K)

Pretty sure even the Coptic schism follow Leviticus 19:28

>divine institution established by Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit
>capable of heresy

Just ask God

Those schizzies sure have their bodies toned not only from Hesychasm, but also from all those mental gymnastics.

cruxnow.com/faith/2015/06/27/tattoos-arent-just-a-fashion-statement-for-egypts-copts/
For safety and ID

I was raised catholic and know more about the word than your average bear but you literal raging autists need to go get a fucking life

>I'm "catholic"
>I don't take my faith seriously
How are the sung vernacular Masses and communion received standing, in the hand?

Wow! I did not know that. Thanks user!

Attached: 1528422586493.gif (398x200, 2.21M)

You do you, OP but I personally think religious tats are superficial for some reason that I can't explain

If I were to get a tattoo I'd want one of Cain and Abel, specifically Cain, but have no idea how i'd depict it. I don't want a picture of an two dudes beating the shit out of each other on my body, but it's my favorite story and means a lot to me.

Attached: 9dba51258e92e3f86c8b6c4e4142641d--art-medieval-albrecht-dürer.jpg (484x664, 119K)