I won 754,400.00 USD equivalent in Canadian lottery

I'm still in shock and processing what just happened.
So what should i do to never ever wageslave again?(warehouse slave)
I'm guessing i should move to Thailand or Philippines???

Attached: 6-49.png (1121x937, 212K)

invest your money somewhere and move to a place with a low cost of living

>invest your money somewhere
any advice on where to invest?
it seems risky coz i know shit about investing

Lucky you're a leaf, in burgerland we have to give 39% of lottery winnings to the IRS

yeah 0% tax on lottery here :)

i don't usually like referring people to reddit since it's a shithole of a site but their finance-related subs are pretty good, i'd ask for help on Jow Forumspersonalfinance if i were you.

>I'll bite the shitty bait
Then make a reddit post about this.
Those fags will take it seriously don't post shit on this anime website especially Jow Forums

>I won 754,400.00 USD equivalent in Canadian lottery...

literally hiding thread

Attached: 1530159882691.jpg (720x480, 31K)

it's OK to be a little envious :)

250k in ETH buy on Coinbase, 450k in a mutual fund like Vanguard. Keep the rest left over in physical cash and live off that, by the time the cash you have runs out your ETH will be worth 1-2mil. Cash out about half of that to put in your mutual fund and live off the interest for the rest of your life, leave the rest in ETH or distribute to promising projects. I hope you listen to my advice and don't fuck up with your newfound wealth OP, you can use this money to fix your life and finance your future.

Attached: boomer.png (380x349, 71K)

What province are you in? I'll be your stay at home gf and help you budget.

Yes sir, in order to never be a wagie again you must spend several thousand dollars to fly to thailand or the phillipines. are you legitimately retarded?

Don't let it get out. Otherwise you'll get endless barely related family members begging for money.

>crypto
too risky no fuckin way

no coz i guess i'm leaving to Thailand and gonna swim in cheap pussy there

i've told nobody, once i'm gone they wont see me again... let them think i'm dead or something

>Step one: DON'T TELL ANYONE. Old "Friends" and women who rejected you will pop up like flies to a fresh pile of shit.
>Step two: Don't go around doing "charity" to everyone you know. Ignore people when they say you "forgot where you came from" or some other guilt tripping shit.
>Step three: read about people who won the lottery and ended up hobos to see what NOT to do.
>Step four: Buy a house you can maintain/pay taxes on once your money runs out(it will). Same with cars and any other posh shit. You might have 700m right now, but your cash flow is ZERO.
>Step five: Start your own business. Better yourself. Don't do hookers & blow.
That should cover it

read a lot about standard ways of investing(no fringe bullshit like cryptos).
You can live as a neet for the rest of your life if you don't fuck this up. I think is reasonable to estimate you can earn somewhere between 2000-5000 CAD a month with low risk for the rest of your life.

yes because living expenses are like 4 times lower there so my cash will last longer

>Fuck whores
>Get HIV
>Eventually get shot
Have fun with that.

>near the bottom of the bear market
>doesn't realize how ETH is going to automate huge industries
>doesn't do research at all

In a few years you'll look back and you'll wish you listened, do your own research user.

Attached: smug.png (428x333, 182K)

i calculate i can last as a comfy NEET for at least 50 years if i move to Thailand or Philipines.

no need to buy house or car, just rent a decent place for like 200$/month and rest is massages, food and relaxing with the ladies on the beach.

thanks, i will :)
(i think all of those things statistically are more likely to happen in your shit hole USA)

>pretends to be an intellectual
>recycles literal Jow Forums logic
just turn your board over to pajeets, you don't need it anymore

Attached: low.png (269x187, 59K)

nah i dont care about billions or millions i just want a comfy NEET life with 0 risk of loss of investment, crypto too risky ...

Jow Forums fuck off. You faggots are always crying about crashes and more countries are banning them as time passes.

dont get robbed
paying hookers all the time isnt that cheap, dont let them find out you have money
if you want to be a retard and fuck ladybois every night then pay just to fuck, dont get them drinks or food and dont get close to them
my advice? stay where you are right now, invest. i think subletting apartments might get you shit load of income long term but dont hold me to that

Honestly don't do anything rash with the money. there's no magic hole the money falls through unless you make one, so dont be afraid to let it sit around until you know whats going on.

also stay away from cheesy scams like bitcoin

use that money to start a legit business ASAP
you don't know how quick money burns

yeah nah.. fuck wageslavery, never again, retard

how the fuck is this legally justified? its fucking blatant thievery

because ameritards are braindead zombies, too docile to say NO.

Because every time the lottery isn't won in Canada the government gets most of the money.

same is USA but worse

fucking nice lad im jealous. think i'll play the lotto here tomorrow just for shits and gigs

yea odds are like 1 in 300M but fuck it. winnings are like 97 million after the government rapes you with all the taxes, but if i win im giving 100k to every poster ITT

just in case here's my paypal mate: [email protected]

Well if you're speaking the truth. Holy shit. Congrats.

kek

origamianfds

its called having someone else manage it while you rake in the cash

are you this crazy to just burn it all?

800,000 USD will not last you your life.

Buy stocks, the S&P/TSX index has had an average return of 6.82% which gives you over 50k in returns per year. Since you won't be wage slaving you'll have time to do a bit of market research to get even higher returns

Adding to your post, you would have to add an accountant to handle taxes and shit for you.

800,000 can easily last you the rest of your life someplace like the Philippines or Thailand.

it will for the next 50 years in Thailand :)
and i'm 35.

I'm looking at making that a day. I just finished up the paper work to help finance an oil exploration project. Invest. Make your money work so you don't have to.

>letting some stranger handle my money and risk losing it

yeah no, kys

you should talk to a finance guy at a big firm or whatever
just find that huge reddit post about elaborate advice for lottery winners, but it's not too different from what other anons are saying here

Invest in you and your loved ones

>talking to an envious chad who will try to fuck me over because of jealousy

i dont trust normie scum

get it all in cash put it in a big pile and set it on fire while live streaming it to us

lol ragie wagie :)

original comment 34324324

>20 years later
>OP sitting on 400k dollars in a cardboard box
>no one told him about inflation

Unironically go talk to your bank manager. Just don't invest it on anything that freezes your money long term or that there's a risk of you losing money right now.

Your goal is to find a way to extract a monthly income off that money while still growing the pot. Since it's not THAT much money, you might have to lay low for a couple years before you can really live off of it. During that period learn how to invest it properly while still keeping your job.

Don't buy brand new cars, or a house or anything expensive right now. Don't fucking do it. Save the money.

not really, in US lottery games the pot is constantly increasing every time theres a drawing without a winner and at higher levels the pot increases purely because of the numbers of tickets sold. thats how Powerball has gotten over $1 billion multiple times now. the main reason lotteries are legal gambling in the US is the tax revenue: the federal and state governments make millions on the payouts and it is very tightly controlled as opposed to backroom poker games.

one important thing to remember is that jackpot games grand prizes show the highest amount of money you can possibly win, which is the annuity option. where the lottery commission takes a smaller pot of money, invests it for you and you get an annual check for 30 years or so. the other option is the take the smaller lump sum payment and invest it how you wish.

As an example, the current Mega Millions jackpot is $232 million, which is $174 million after federal income taxes. your state and city may have their own income taxes on top of that and some states even have lottery taxes. you will only see that $174m if you opt for the 30 years of annual payments, otherwise you are looking at a lump sum payout of $109 million after federal taxes which you can do as you wish with. most big winners go for the lump sum since you can go out and get yourself a financial management team that would invest the money and give you much better returns over 30 years than the Lottery Commission ever could.

I guess if you manage your money, but food isn't super-cheap, and if you waste your money on hookers, you could be fucked (or if there's some other disaster). Start a business without loans somewhere, or invest in one. A share in a startup that gets bought down the line could pay for itself, or if you wanted something lower risk but still fun, consider something like a video game company. Hire people, make that game you want to make, etc.

The reason people take the lump sum is because if you die whatever you were owed goes back to the government. So if you die in like 5 years your family gets ducked out of like 90% of the money

>more countries are banning them as time passes
Imagine believing this is true, and imagine being so cucked you want the state to ban things you don't like

Keep living as normal. Other than that I wouldn't change shit.

Per your idea of moving to the Philippines be careful, it can get rough down there. Same for fucking Thailand.

1. Pretend you never won
2. Learn enough about property upkeep to fix up homes on your own at some kind of job
3. Invest in property for mostly passive income
4. Fix a few problems here and there
5. Live the good life

Buy espers on yobit, sir

give it to me I have a high interest account. I'll pay you the interest for life if I can have the capital.

Don't listen to this dumbass