Do I count the bar

Do I count the bar

Attached: 1503854050297.png (604x613, 257K)

yes

>one
Are you really using more than one bar at a time?

>count the bar

you should calcul8 the pl8

>2018
>not reverse pressing with two barbells

>not doing barbell flies

>he doesn’t know
Never gonna make it

Attached: 2479511_orig.jpg (646x430, 42K)

>he counts the bar

Attached: laughing yuis.gif (500x356, 420K)

The plates cancel out the weight of the bar, so no

Only if you don't trick the bar, keep it guessing.

how does that make any sense

if the bar rests on your back you are not lifting it, depends on the movement

count the bar but not the weight

Jesus christ Jow Forums, for the last time NO you dont count the bar!

Attached: 1527302721850.jpg (920x960, 85K)

But the weight is resting on the bar thats resting on you so by youre logic you technically arent even lifting anything

this. the plates are just a red herring for the real threat that is the bar, i mean what are you TRULY lifting in the first place? youre lifting the bar, dipshit, not the fucking plates. The bar lifts the plates. Youre lifting the BAR.

Don’t post this. People on here are dumb enough to believe it.

it's not on your center of gravity so it's not the same, would be only if you stacked the weights on your back

>He doesn't subtract the buoyant force of the air displaced by the barbell

This is how people are able to APPEAR strong by loading up like 10pl8 and then squatting but really the normal force of the ground is doing all the work, counteracting gravity. The only time you have to exert effort on squats is when you unrack the weight. Everything else is for show. You can get around this by having people put plates on while the bar is already on your shoulders.

>he doesnt calculate the exact momentum in middle of sets that offsets the real force exerted that affect his gains

>Doesn't account for the weight weighing less at the top of a movement due to gravity being weaker

Lmao, sometimes I do one arm presses with the barbell on decline and incline

This is legit for stability in your shoulder rotation

Meant for

>not doing helicopter twists with the barbell in the middle of the weight room instead

this is retarded since 2008

fpbp

how did barbells change after Obama?

>New president elected
>Have to change the political affiliation of my barbells

It doesnt matter jesus christ. Do it for yourself. I for an example only count the weight on one side.

>the barbell programmer called in sick
>it just keeps rolling back and forth across the gym with all the manlets chasing it

this

New copypasta

>He doesn't have bumper stickers on his rack that say "Feel the Bern 2016"

Yeah to each their own. I count the plates on both sides. I'm working up to lmao2pl8 OHP.

>tfw still have some Bush Cheney '04 barbells hanging around

gotta confuse the bar, right babe?

>all these faggots claiming 2pl8 OHP are counting the plates on both sides
Now it all makes sense

Your lift both sides right? Dumbass. I started counting 1pl8 when I got up to squating the bar.

>this kills the gains

Yeah, who will be laughing when im lifting 4pl8 (225lb). Hint: It will be me.

Attached: 34457610_1540446469398233_2979799016625143808_n.jpg (494x700, 25K)

twf 4pl8 squat now

Here's a quick rundown

Attached: weight guide.jpg (1000x2500, 834K)

Yes, everyone does. People who dont count the bar are forever dyels.

>not assuming a superposition of both counting and not counting the bar
Quantum gains bro

do you lift the bar?

What about for T-bar rows? You're lifting part of the weight of the bar but not all of it

Physics grad here.

What most people don't realise is that placing the weight on the ends of a barbell, rather than simply holding it, creates opposing rotational forces (torque) around the central moment of the barbell, proportional to the distance of each weight. For a standard barbell this is designed to be approximately 0.5 metres from the centre, so each weight is directing half its weight in downward force through your body and half in the form of torque which is cancelled out by that of the other weight.

So in summary you SHOULD count the bar since the central weight is aligned with your body, but proportionally you are only lifting half the weight you place on it. This proportion will naturally increase as successive plates are added further and further away from the fulcrum. You can do the math yourself but as an example, a 45lb bar with 180lbs of plates adds up to a 130lb squat.

Hope this helps.

What's the formula to calculate this?

Attached: 1515616645132.png (646x595, 280K)

A useful approximation is

W = 45 + SUM[1,n]Mn*g*(0.5+0.05(n-1))

Where Mn is the mass of each weight and n is the sequential order of weights. Each additional plate increases the distance by ~5cm. The proportion of force expressed as torque accordingly increases, thus decreasing the downward force through your body.

Naturally this approximation assumes symmetrical plate calibration. Asymmetric variants require more complex models, but only gym-goers over 30 need worry about that.

Glad to be of help.

If you're closer to the equator, are plates heavier or lighter? If the earth is spinning then you'd get an assist at the equator on the positive of a rep, right

if you don't count the bar, then it isn't you who is lifting the weights, it is the bar.

Close to the equator=Hotter plates=More energetic plate particles=Expansion of the plates=Bigger plates=Heavier plates
Keep in mind for when the vernal equinox comes around, everything gets fucked up and this theory goes out the window

Attached: john paul 2.jpg (255x255, 9K)

how do I measure the effect solar energy has on the earths magnetic forces and consequently gravity as the weight shifts during my sets and makes it difficult to measure accurately the total work done

Spin doesn't do shit I think
Here's a gravity map, it's really uneven

Attached: Earth_gravity.png (440x370, 186K)

High quality meme

Do manlets lift more because they are closer to the ground and therefore experience higher gravity?

holy shet dude. im gonna move to a low g environment to cure my manletude

When measuring in pl8s, most of fit says how many plates are 0ne one side of the bar. e.g. a 1pl8 OHP is the bar+20kg/45lbs on each side for a total of 60kg/135lbs.
It's confusing, but it works

Whoa, muscles are fake after all

fucking kek

Then how the fuck are Icelandic strongmen so big? Did they have to do twice the work with lighter p8s, due to the distance from the equator?

Because their plates develop perma-frost and are permanently lighter than normal plates, that's how they cheat the stats. I've been waiting for the bug patch for years

wow brother really blew my mind HH