Deadlift

Does it REALLY hit every muscle? Is there some science to back it up?

Why not just only do deads and nothing else?

Attached: deadlift.jpg (500x469, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc&ab_channel=NickLarson
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't and its useless for hypertrophy.

The Jews spread it around and make it seem great so you can compress your spine and slip discs while they laugh and rape our countries.

Works the CNS and lower back. If you want a big squat then you have to do your deadlifts.

Why don't you add 100kg to your deadlift while gaining bodyweight and see which muscles grow you little retard, asking Jow Forums is like finding a bunch of homeless drug addict prostitutes for advice on how to get rich and live a happy life

The only people I ever see deadlifting at the gym are really tiny guys with snapcity form or turbofat powerlifters. I stopped doing them shortly after hitting lmao4plate.

Deadlift hits the hamstrings and glutes the hardest. If you can move sufficient weight it also hits the traps and lats pretty hard. It's a decent lower back exercise but far from the best. It works almost all musculature but not all of it very well. Only a few muscle groups are sufficiently worked by it and that's mostly the posterior chain. The problem with it is it destroys your CNS making it harder to perform quality reps on subsequent workouts and it's hard to perform sufficient reps to stimulate optimal hypertrophy. It's also an extremely dangerous exercise in that you have to go heavy with it to really reap the benefits of it and one little mistake with that much weight can snap your shit up.

so what do you professionals recommend as an alternative?

"dude just do biceps every day"

Attached: 1520524135427.jpg (222x216, 9K)

FYI that diagram is labeling all the muscles regardless of whether it hits them or not, the ones colored in red and bolded are the ones it's hitting to a decent degree

this

>does 1x5 deads once a week
>this is useless guise

Attached: 1521417276888.png (560x407, 16K)

Don't you ever generalise on my board ever again you little bitch. I will fuck you up so bad.

Stay small kid

dont you want to be able to lift heavy things

You guys are so fucking stupid.

Why not just only do deads?
Because you'll fry your CNS like a fish in a macdonalds frier. The only people stupid enough to ask something like that have clearly never deadlifted a heavy load with any regularity.

Dear lord. and just because it "hits" every muscle doesnt mean that its optimal for every muscle.

Like wtf kind of logic is that, you know that you isometrically contract the bicep in a squat but no one says squat to build your arms DEAR GOD.

I swear people who have totals less than 1000 should be banned from this fucking board you goddamn kids.

Attached: stars320x250.png (300x250, 3K)

*SNAP*

I fucking love deadlifts and none of the faggots on this site are going to make me stop doing them.

Fite me.

cringe

It's not for boys trying to look good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc&ab_channel=NickLarson

>fry your CNS

Attached: reallype.jpg (251x242, 14K)

Wow he lifted that a whole 3 inches!

I bet you can do that too amirite haha
Post body, I really love seeing the bodies of people who argue against deadlifting.

Attached: Ok anon.jpg (1024x576, 134K)

You aren't training everything efficiently doing deadlift, like how a proper plank requires full body tension but it doesn't mean you'll make gains just because all the muscles are being used

+1

>do Dumbell Bench Press because more ROM

Attached: Brainlet.jpg (645x729, 40K)

when you get to 5plate you'll feel it in every muscle