Simplest possible meals

I have a pressure cooker. What are the simplest possible meals I can make with the fewest number of ingredients that cover all my nutritional needs? I'm thinking:

Chicken thighs
Broccoli
spices
????

Do I need beans? Do I need other vegetables? Is this unhealthy? The chicken thighs cover the protein and fat.

Attached: Instant-Pot-Sweet-Chilli-Chicken-Wings[1].jpg (1000x667, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCGS067s0zo
youtube.com/watch?v=nffGuGwCE3E
livestrong.com/recipes/crock-pot-beef-shank-black-bean-chili/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chili

Chili can be made to be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. It's just about every other meal for me.

How do I into chili? Never made it in my life.

I'm looking for minimum number of ingredients possible. I overthink the shit out of dieting.

While the whole "eat a variety of food" thing is kind of a meme to get people to buy more junk, you're really going to need more than that.

Sure, you can survive on a diet of just milk and potatoes, but it's not really optimal.

>you're really going to need more than that.

Like what?

Here's my simple chili recipe
>Chop 2 medium onions, 4 celery stalks, 4 medium carrots into a half inch by half inch pieces
youtube.com/watch?v=dCGS067s0zo
youtube.com/watch?v=nffGuGwCE3E
>Get a pot
>Put the heat on medium-high
>Put in a tablespoon of olive oil
>Wait until its hot enough to simmer the meat
>Throw in a lb of ground beef
>Get a sturdy spoon and continuously break it up into smaller pieces
>Add salt and pepper (1 teaspoon salt,1/2 teaspoon pepper)
>Add the vegetables you just chopped up
>Add a clove of garlic (I use it from a jar)
>When the meat is fully browned add a can of beans (usually red kidney beans) (including the liquid in the can)
>Add a can of diced tomatoes (including the liquid in the can)
>Add a 2 tablespoons of chili powder
>Stir until thoroughly mixed
>Bring to a boil, cover with the lid, and set to medium-low for an hour

beef shank chilli: livestrong.com/recipes/crock-pot-beef-shank-black-bean-chili/

Not sure crock pots and pressure cookers are the same thing, but this recipe is really, really easy and you can make A LOT of it at a time. I've made it three times so far and I love it. Just add lots of beans, maybe some spinach. Very healthy and you'll get a ton of protein fats and carbs. It could use more spice imo, so add something like hot pepper flakes.

Thanks user, will try

Fruit, healthy fats, fiber, other things. Also, a variety of foods has been shown to be a positive for your mental health in clinical studies. You can achieve that with a well stocked spice rack, or by switching the broccoli for other vegetables here and there. Green beans Are great, as are peas, carrots and etc. The cool thing is that most veggies are very low cal anyway so it doesn’t really matter if you swap them out.

Also, in regards to chili, lentils and beans are great. Never ever do kidney beans in a pressure cooker though, you could literally die.

I eat fruit for lunch, I get fat through meat, peanut butter and cheese.

> Also, a variety of foods has been shown to be a positive for your mental health in clinical studies.

How is "variety" defined?

perpetual stew - throw in whatever meat is cheapest and veggies and beans and just eat from it every day.

Cooking with pressure cooker is sooo easy.
Choose one of each:
>Chickpeas, lentils or beans.
>chicken, pork or hard boiled eggs.
>carrots, potatoes or corn.
Plus garlic, salt, pepper, onion and celery, if you want it to actually be good tasting.

That's it. Now you can prepare 9 different dishes. Bone apple tit.

What do celery and carrots add to this? Seems like it's just water because everything else will overpower any flavors the vegetables have

What if I want a lower carb meal? Is there a low carb alternative to beans/lentils? I figure other vegetables just break down into nothing

Anyone know any simple slow cooker recipes?

Pick meat that takes a while to cook like chicken thighs, pork shoulder, various tougher cuts of beef etc. Don't use chicken breast and pork loin and other "white meat" because it just gets overcooked

thanks bro btw what veggies are good to cook in them

Potatoes, carrots, broccoli, root vegetables, anything that's thicker and sturdy will be fine. Something like spinach or celery just dissolves into mush.

By the way, an Instant Pot is better than a regular slow cooker. It can actually be used as a slow cooker and a pressure cooker.

Thanks for the help user i don't always have time to prep food so slow cooking seems like a good option

>asking retards for recipes vs figuring out how to eat something proteiny and something greeny
you were on the right track. stop being a brainlet and depending on everyone for everything

>(((btw i joined this thread for 3-ingredient recipes and the first 50 replies are insane chili recipes, never grow up Jow Forums)))

Attached: FD0C7B886F514A32A15167976A93B160.jpg (1066x600, 77K)

Stop being afraid of carbs.

Try an Instant Pot if you can afford it. It takes an hour instead of 6 hours.

The question was about nutrition bang for buck. I already eat around 100g of protein before I even get to dinner. But I cant be bothered to make a meal with 5-6 different vegetables/beans/whatever. If one or two things have all the vitamins, minerals and fiber then I'll just eat those

I found low carb to be great for controlling my weight

I've already got two old crock pots but if I find them inconvenient i'll get one

personally i'm just weak willed and if i eat carbs a lot i'll end up eating shitty desserts and baked goods

You may find it convenient to just cook a large batch of meat in them and prepare the rest of the meal separately. Like cook up thighs and use the meat to make burritos or tacos for a 5-6 meals

same, even filling carbs like potatoes lead to me eating 1000 calories of mashed potatoes

Since you're obviously just starting out a diet I will give you the most important piece of advice. The best diet is one you can stick to. You're going to need to learn how to cook healthy food that tastes good and you will be able to eat all the time. You'll get bored of chicken and broccoli

That's stupid advice. I made the thread because my diet was getting too complicated and I want to simplify it down to basically no variety. I'm good at cooking and have a shelf full of spices to make anything taste decent.

yeah but i think i'll mostly stick to simpler meals with occasional variety on weekends

if you want to simplify you can do mine, though mine is a cut, 4 eggs in the morning with 4 slices of 40 cal bread and salsa, 2 80 calorie greek yogurt with 3 100 calorie cookie packs and for dinner 2 scoops of proton powder with 2 cups of 0% fat milk and extra protein. thats what i eat every single day. its about 1500 cals but like i said its a cut though you can add a snack in there as well. i usually do jerky fior more protein

celery and carrots are really important to most stews because they add alot of flavor and richness to the stew. They also act more in the background and work great with stronger flavors