Are elevation masks a fucking meme or can they yeild results

Are elevation masks a fucking meme or can they yeild results.

I want to drop my mile times and build overall endurance but don't want to run like 10 fucking miles every other day to do that shit

Attached: do-elevation-masks-workout-v2-1-700xh.jpg (700x492, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/transport-of-gases-in-human-bodily-fluids/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are no easy roads to success other than steroids.

Elevation masks don't work as advertised, training at a high elevation does work though.

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

My problem isn't if it's easy i just dont want to go running for an hour and a half every other day, id rather be close to death in like 20 doing 3 miles with that bullshit on.

Take steroids or do the work.

if I pulled that off would you die?

kind of a meme, but have some effect. dont do too much at first or youll pass out.

Attached: 1529003165894.jpg (564x449, 28K)

No but it would be very paintful

By that logic i shouldn't use weights because natural bodyweight pushups for hours on end is just as effective. Using tools to help workout is essential in every facet, why not do the same for cardio.

For who?

You are comparing apples to oranges, if you are so adamant in refusing the advise given to you then why did you ask in the first place? Stop trolling; do your own research and fuck off.
1/10 made me respond

just do interval sprints

What kind of times are you going for? Unless you're pretty far along I don't think it'll make that much difference

>take steroids or do the work
Because that isn't advice numb nuts

Woukd doing sprints with this help though?

Im at a 7 minute mile currently wanting to get back down to 6 minutes without having to run 7+ miles on weekends like i did.

Before some more retards blindly "hurrr sturroids" i just want tools that can effectively help build endurance with less time involved

This.
Also if you wear masks as a dyel you are retarded. If you wear masks as a swole man you are still retarded but ı wouldnt say it to your face

Why would you willingly limit your air intake? It’s fucking retarded. Altitude training is much more than air. It affects your whole body, not just the way you breathe. If you want to be an edgy hardcore faggot get a gas mask, a stupid heavy backpack and some boots and walk a few kilometers.

I don't think that an elevation mask will help you that much. Red blood cell count is only a noticible advantage when 2-3 seconds makes the difference. You can get better with less time committed by doing things like tempo runs (maybe 2-3 miles at 7:30 or so), and shorter reps (like 4x600m at 90/400m with 1 minute rest). Don't do those kinds of things every day though, maybe 2-3 times a week and alternate between shorter and longer. If you have more time, do milage (3 miles slow or something). You can look up miler workouts and adjust them to your pace, but ignore any speed work (

Also, warm up before doing a workout, even if it's just 400m. Especially if you're not running every day, it's easy to get injured. Best of luck user

they are a meme
unless you are a WW1 soldier, who wants to get used to the restricted airflow his gas mask provides, so he wont pass out quite as easy if the spicy winds come and he needs to run

it really is a meme
the only real reason to restrict your airflow is, that you are a professional boxer or something who needs to go multiple rounds with a mouthguard and maybe a broken nose

but again, you would only get "used" to it and it woundt transfer greatly in your overall training

If the mask worked, you'd see endurance athletes using them. I have never seen a pro or Olympic cyclist, runner, skier or rower use that piece of shit.

Or perhaps you're wondering why someone would put on a mask before running a marathon?

if i pulled that off would you die?

Lol

Jesus christ dude, there is a guy with that mask at my gym and it's so weird, you can hear his breathing from like 10m away, he looks like pic related (but fatter)

Attached: bane.jpg (470x706, 49K)

they train your diaphragm. they don't change atmospheric pressure and don't simulate training at altitude

Attached: 1527013856036.jpg (1124x1024, 205K)

These some retard at my gym that always has one of these on and every time I see it I think of bane and can't help giggling. This has fucked up many a set.

Attached: 1516738977854.jpg (247x247, 32K)

At elevation:
Can fill your lungs easily, just don't get enough O2

With a meme mask:
Can't readily fill your lungs, volume of air you do breathe in has normal O2 levels

If you want to simulate exercise at elevation call up Praxis and order some gas tanks so you can get a shit load of nitrogen with lower O2 getting into your system. The mask does nothing. If anything it'll just make you feel like you have asthma, and you'll probably breathe in more of your own CO2 while you're at it.
If you just want to increase lung strength there are better exercises for it that don't require facial gimmicks.

>If you just want to increase lung strength there are better exercises for it that don't require facial gimmicks.

Using weights is for faggots, bodywieght ftw right guys?

Their purpose is literally to exercise the diaphragm. Fuck off.

Proofs?

its a meme. get over it and stop trying to justify trying to look like bane. it doesnt work as advertised.

just like putting copper in your socks and wearing a magnet bracelet. they dont work as advertised. come one man.

there are countless studies defrauding this mask. it does work your diaphragm as you have to force yourself to breath harder. but it doesnt work the same.

low levels of o2 are what helps in high altitude training. that is where you benefit. not the fact that you are literally working out your diaphragm struggling to breath.

If you have all your answers already than why are you even here you boomer fuck?

>DUDE ITS LIKE WEIGHTS BUT FOR YOUR LUNGS LOL

Kill yourself, dipshit

because this thread was asking if the mask is effective so i am contributing. unlike you, who refuse to accept the answers that wont let you justify looking like a basedboy in a mask.

jesus summer just started and the tards have taken over.

my buddy said he saw a guy in his gym wearing one while benching 1 plate. I assume he's training to bench 1 plate on Everest

Attached: libmibcbdh211.jpg (582x592, 25K)

>do you feel in charge?

>train with elevation mask for three years
>haul bar and plates to top of Everest
>DL lmao 1pl8 at lmao 29,000ft
>drop bar, it rolls down the mountainside
>bar triggers avalanche
>base camp wiped out
>hear lunk alarm echoing up from the valley below

High altitude = fewer oxygen molecules per volume of air = extra red blood cells
Meme masks = limited air volume (not oxygen) = choking like a retard

Attached: Skinny-guy-fat-world-1024x818.jpg (1024x818, 89K)

Kek

HIIT is the answer.
HIIT ecery day except one where you do a very long run.
HIIT is the best fpr cardio, so your cardio can handle going at faster speeding without puking your heart and lungs out of you mouth.
But you still need one or 2 long ass runs in the week. For keeping your long running speed updated, your!muscles must adapt and you must understand at what speed you can go long lenghts without big cardio and muscle problems.

Fuck off retard.

As a Bioengineer I believe the elevation mask is a meme. This is my opinion based on my understanding of how oxygen transport in the bloodstream works as well as the reported mechanism of how the mask is intended to work.

About Hemoglobin: Hemoglobin is a 4-subunit protein which can transport oxygen. The process relies on the picrelated chart from courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/transport-of-gases-in-human-bodily-fluids/

At high pressures of o2 (oxygen rich, in the lungs) the protein changes configuration to bind more oxygen, where it is pumped into places that have low partial pressures of oxygen (capillaries) thereupon changing configuration to release oxygen.

The process is changed at elevation as the partial pressure for o2 is lower and it doesnt bind as effectively. The body adapts to elevation by introducing 2,3-BiPhosphoGlyceric acid (2,3-BPG) which reduces binding affinity which counterintuitively improves binding at elevation.

Does the mask change partial pressure of O2? Not really. My understanding is that the damn thing suffocates you by decreasing the rate of gas exchange thus forcing you to breathe harder. This results in higher concentrations of lactic acid, due to a higher CO2 concentration in the bloodstream. Everything I know about the human body says that you're better off doing progressive overload and using every means available to recover swiftly if you want to make gains.

Restricting your breathing will slow the recovery process and hurt your gains. During heavy lifts we hold our breath to keep our core tight, but only a fool would hold it for the whole set if the weight is nontrivial.

But this is the opinion of some fool on the internet with references you can bring to your doctor to discuss about whether an elevation mask is right for you. They'll be better equipped to inform you than the rest of the people on Jow Forums. Talk to them.

Attached: figure-39-04-02.png (680x351, 43K)

Elevation training:
>less oxygen in the air forces your body to respond by increasing efficiency, ie more red blood cells

Underwater training or scuba stuff:
>without pressurized air (so like 30 feet down of a surface supply) the atmospheric pressure is higher, forcing your respiratory system to work harder to push against the water pressure, strengthening breathing

Mask:
>Darth Vader sounds