Is the reason why you haven't killed yourself yet because the fear of ending up in hell?

Is the reason why you haven't killed yourself yet because the fear of ending up in hell?

I'm honestly shit scared of facing damnation, I would of hung myself a year ago if I didn't know about religion

Attached: 193948126141.jpg (512x406, 50K)

Yes, bible thumpers ingrained a deep seated fear of hell. That plus natural instinct to be afraid of what dying will be like, keep people alive if there's any tiny bit of a thing to live for. You can be dying of cancer, bones burning, vomiting black, no friends or family, as an atheist that believes in nothing, and you'll still live due to the programming of genes and nurture on top of it.

I can't imagine hell is worse than this. I'd take physical pain over mental any day.

>he thinks Hell would be physical pain
That comes from catholic fan fiction written to scare peasants who couldn't comprehend anything else. If you look at what the "bad afterlife" is like in many different religions it's usually quite different. According to the teachings of Jesus and his disciples, I believe Hell is stated to be a total absences from God, where you're totally alone ruminating over your failures in life with no hope of ever escaping. There's a Buddhist 'hell' where you relive your life with 100% perfect moral clarity and spiritual enlightenment before being reborn in a worse situation. Hinduism is much the same. The Jews don't really believe in hell - they say everyone is basically "asleep" until the Jews are revived from death and get to rule the world with their Messiah. I think islam is more like Dante's inferno where you're punished according to your deeds and afterwards you might have a chance at redemption.

The original kike version of abrahamic hell was a place of SHAME.

I'm an atheist but I'm not super anti-religion, one of the things I don't understand about Christianity is the concept of hell, well I do understand, but I don't understand why people think hell exists in the first place. If God loves his creations, is all knowing and all powerful...why would he allow his children to suffer torment for all of eternity? Why would he allow a place like that to exist in the first place? I always figured that if there really is a hell, then it should at least punish you according to your "sins".

I realize I'm being unoriginal as fuck, but considering the kid of stuff that can get you landed in hell, it would seem to me like almost all cool people in history are in hell.

>There's a Buddhist 'hell' where you relive your life with 100% perfect moral clarity and spiritual enlightenment before being reborn in a worse situation.
What does this mean

If you're using "would of" instead of "would have" you should hang yourself

that, and that by killing myself i would admit they win. Live out of spite bro

>It should at least punish you according to your sins

Well in a way that is how it is supposed to work. In the case of wondering why God would "allow" his people to suffer, he is not the one "allowing" it, remember we were given free will, and correct me if I'm wrong but people who choose to be shit human beings deserve to pay some sort of price dont you think? It isn't about God choosing to punish , but it is more of a cause and effect type thing. A simple analogy is your diet, imagine your dad gives you $20 everyday to buy food, (dont tell me about prices and shit here this is an analogy) and he advises that you use it on healthier choices or better yet to buy ingredients and cook for yourself, but you instead choose to buy fast food and other unhealthy things because they taste good and are easy to get. The end result is you being horribly unhealthy, overweight, constantly lethargic, having a higher chance of heart attack etc. When this happens, are you going to turn to your dad and blame him for what has happened to you because he gave you the choice? Let's compare spirituality to this concept, we are given free will but are called to choose God, because through him we find truth, we find meaning and spiritual enlightenment(it may not always be easy ,and your faith will be tested but you must put in work to reap the rewards), and choosing the more evil side of free will where we become slaves to our mortality degrades us not only spiritually but physically; in this life and physical body as well. A man who has gone through his life stealing, cheating, killing and indulging will have a lot of atonement to do when he reaches the afterlife. Needless to say a serial killer and a petty thief will not have the same spiritual journey in the afterlife. Heaven and Hell are more so endgames and concepts that we may not truly understand in this life, there are many stages of the afterlife one must go through before even reaching the judgement.

No, I still have too many anime to watch and games to play. I believe in God, but don't follow any religion. So if I do ever want to kill myself it won't be fear of hell that's stopping me.

I'm scared of everything just going blank. Like a computer that shuts down. Nothing is there anymore. There is no consciousness, no awareness, nothing. That fucks me up hard. If I am to die, I want my consciousness - the thing that makes me, me - to at least survive.

It would mean that I gave up and lost. Cannot let life get away with that one.

That's a pretty good analogy but I've got a stupid question, can anything be redeemable? Since jesus died on the cross for all of our sins does that mean men can even go so far as murdering hundreds of people or raping children but as long as they truly repent could they still find salvation or is there limits of what a man can do before he is irredeemable?

The Bible never technically states that suicide is an immediate sentence to hell. It says only God can take life so maybe killing yourself is part of his plan and him acting through you. Sure the only guy in the Bible who commits suicide probably goes to hell but God doesn't want to encourage suicide unless there seems to be no alternative. If you accept God but cannot handle life, he will be disappointed but you might not be damned.

That's honestly like my main fear of killing myself. I'm not religious or anything, I'd say I'm agnostic or something cause I totally believe theres an afterlife but dont know what it is
If I kill myself and end up in hell then it's either the same or worse than where I am now. If I die naturally then at least I've got a chance at ending up in the good place right?

I'm more afraid of nothingness than hell. thats probably cause hell is harder to understand as a concept. being aware for an eternity of torture is not as easy to understand as ceasing to be. Also the various alternative versions of hell make it hard to be afraid of. If you can escape torture at all then it suddenly gets a lot better. If you can join the demon army it suddenly gets a lot better. If beingt in hell is just separation from YHVH then it suddenly gets A LOT better. if hell is only temporary until judgement day at which point you cease to exist then it suddenly gets a lot better.

The best part about how they explain how bad hell is that it didnt come from the bible, it came from Dante's inferno a work of fiction.

The only unforgiveable sin is blaspheming the holy spirit (basically never repenting if im not mistaken) If you are alive and want to repent then you have a chance no matter your sins. Saul killed truckloads of christians and most agree that he was saved if im not mistaken.

Hell is this realm. It is inside other people. But if you just believe, just honestly for once open your heart and soul to God and ask him for guidance He will show you His divinity. I am no longer afraid of death because man lives and dies a thousand times. The only way to break the cycle is His Light, His Creation, His Love.

>The church ruled over every aspect of everyones lives
>Everyones life aside from nobles and the pope are total shit because they werent "sent by god to this earth to rule"
>The idea of an afterlife in total paradise is way better than being a shitty farmer or street urchin so why not just kill yourself
>They make up some shit that if you kill yourself then you get sent to a bad place for the rest of time
wow so hard to understand

what about enlightenment? destroying your soul completely so you can no longer be reborn?

Yes and no. If I knew beforehand that once in Hell I would know its Hell then I would rather be there than here.