Why does Jow Forums seem to hate the ketogenic diet?

Attached: 9834576984353.jpg (1100x734, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>vegan shills are against ketogenic
>carb addicts in denial are against ketogenic diet
>people that can't keep a diet for more than 3 days in a row are against it
>people that are skinny fat or have a low body mass in begin with are against it since they have trouble with it.

I am on the pro side, literally the best thing I ever started. Lost more than 35kg on it

summer meme

Its easy as piss, literally just eat meat and veg.

Dave palumbo does it and so did Vince gironda saying the diet had the equivalent to dianabol.

Attached: VinceGirondaContestShape.jpg (220x315, 18K)

Far as I can tell when it gets brought up some autist starts screeching about CICO being all you need without realizing that keto aids in taking in less calories and has profound metabolic effects that generally lead to weight loss.

How should my macro ratios be to not lose any muscle mass? I can't have too much proteins, but neither too little

this
Also fatties migrating

My Jow Forums brother and his wife are totally against it. They also think IF and OMAD are bad and insist you need to eat something every hour otherwise it'll screw up your metabolism.

Does your brother and wife happen to be 50+?

I would honestly like to know of Keto would help me if I mm looking to lose body fat % specifically, I can easily get down on weight but I never seem to lose as much body fat % as i'd like. I'm 5'11 and I went from 210lbs to 155lbs and I still had a bit of fat on me that was unsightly. I've bulked since then but I want to know if I should do Keto from the 190 I am now down to basically whatever I'm comfortable with.

Nah, they're almost 30. They also have two really young kids, so they're super health conscious about everything.

For every gram of protein at least 1 gram of fat. Would be ~70% calories of fat and the rest from protein

>Nah, they're almost 30. They also have two really young kids, so they're super health conscious about everything.
>They also think IF and OMAD are bad and insist you need to eat something every hour otherwise it'll screw up your metabolism.
they're retarded, in other words.

I'd never say it to them, but yeah.

The strongest reason? Jow Forums resists normie meme diets.

Longer answer is that it's unnecessarily restrictive. You can lose weight just as effectively without cutting carbs as much. And really, it's more convenient performance wise to have carbs. At the end of the day calorie deficit = weight loss. Low carb can make you feel more satiated though, which can make calorie restriction easier. If it's easier for you to stick with that, it's better than not sticking with a non-carb restricted diet.

nobody who advocates keto on the internet posts pictures of their body
in real life, everybody who looks like they lift eats carbs

it's been years since keto became a thing (at least on the internet) and one thing has always been the same - nobody who does keto looks good, yet ketofags literally can't shut up about their diet and can't stop recommending it to people who lift, even though they look like shit themselves

This. Most of the people that swear by keto are fatties who are trying to lose weight and don't realise that simply not eating like a ravenous hog will get them results. Case in point - clearly a big fat useless fuck with so much weight to lose that any diet would probably be an improvement.

Plebbit's keto area is full of people posting before and after photos. Many do it on a regular basis to show progress on their way to their goal, not just at their goal.
The big problem with keto now is that it has become trendy which brings in the average mouth breather who can't do anything correctly. My neighbor was telling me about his mother in law being on keto. She's a large woman. Now she believes she can eat as much bacon and cheese as possible but still eats, or rather drinks, tons of carbs, telling him "oh, it's just a glass of two of wine, that won't really matter". High fat combined with high carbs is going to really fuck these people up and they'll blame keto for their inability to follow simple directions. Plus anything trendy gets talked about excessively, which is annoying.
Keto is fine but there's no reason to make it one's identity especially if not actually doing it right.

Attached: 55.jpg (3260x3260, 2.49M)

Autistic people tend to hate any new thing or change from what their used to.

Attached: IMG_2866.png (203x203, 76K)

can you fucking bulk under keto? what about that protein limit you must respect or you lose this keto state.
Answer me you avocado fags.

is there a reason for me to be on keto if I just want to maintain or bulk, or is it used exclusively to cut?

Fucking fools. anyone who drinks anything but water is a lower tier human and should be shamed.

>trendy now
Nigga the Atkins diet took over the whole fucking planet a while back, the it's the same thing. People have been fucking up the low-carb diet for years, only producing more angry fatties every decade.

Hmmm
My problem is I couldn't stick to keto for some reason and keep a list of foods.

All that ends up happening is you either have the money to buy and cook nice meals or you end up eating tuna, chicken breast, and hotdogs for every meal. I once ate over 30 cans of tuna in a week.

tuna have a fuckton of mercury (or an organic compound to be more precise). You better watch out, fag.

here ya go. 35y/o boomer after ~9mo on keto.

still kind of flabby, and dyel by fit standards, but still -- given a bit more time i'm sure i could improve further. If you're prone to obesity, prone to t2 diabetes, you should be on keto (at least until you sort your shit out).

But basically threads on keto always devolve into one of two arguments:
1. it sucks, CICO is all that matters
2. it works really well for letting people cut without being fucking hungry 24/7.

Really if you can stick to it, and have the means to buy meat, why not?

Attached: keto.png (2304x1296, 1.83M)

Any keto links?=
Money isn't a problem
What about keto and intermittent Fasting

that's just a hoax by the big boys to stop tuna consumption and limit my gains.

How did you do this?

What did you eat?

Did you lift during keto

Has getting laid become easier

I'm this fag Can you answer those questions?

I'm actually retarded, forgot to reply

best part was he came equipped with his own oil

probably glistened like that 24/7

IF is never bad. wtf, literally the way of the proto hunters

>they're almost 30.
the eternal boomer strikes again

Attached: 1527455475292.png (645x773, 10K)

When I did around 70g carbs a day, PPL 6days/week, IF 20/4, felt like shit, lifts went down, cardio was more painful than usual, lost libido, erections, everything.
Once i upped the carb intake to +120g, everything started to fall in its place - had to do cardio everyday though.
I lost ~15 pounds during 2.5months with, apparently, not much muscle mass loss.
Maybe keto is unfriendly with me.

I’m currently 1 month into Keto & Lift 6 days a week. No cheats. 6’0”, started at 200 currently at 177. Still retained muscle without a problem. Recommend chicken as your meat if you want to drop weight faster.

diet was pretty basic stuff: meat, eggs, dairy, green veggies
lifting: 3 day split centered around big 4, then some accessories (as evidenced by my lack of biceps)
cardio: very very little, mainly just 5-10 minutes on a treadmill before squats.

I'd have a cheat/refeed *meal* (not DAY), once a month (typically pizza+beer, because you gotta live a little -- else you completely fall off the wagon and stop working at it)

Eat sardines instead, way better for you, similar taste. I'm also a fan of the wholesale clubs rotisserie chickens. 5 bucks and you have over 1500 calories of protein and fat

Well done user. Went from ew to mouthwatering hot.

Fad diet, sticky explains this shit pretty clearly if anyone bothered to fucking read it.
It's literally just CICO except "b-but I feel more full when I eat fat". No shit.

Attached: 1527923853013.jpg (541x569, 25K)

>keto aids in taking in less calories
Getting rid of sugary junk foods and eating more protein = less hungry. It's not a unique benefit of keto.
>profound metabolic effects that generally lead to weight loss.
Simply non-existent.

We all just repeat memes about shit we've never tried. It's like /lit/ talking about books they've never read, or /o/ shitting about cars they can't even afford

Speak for yourself, I tried keto for months, and got the same results in the same amount of time on a modest calorie defecit. I've earned my right to talk shit about it.

no gains, plus alcohol is just too good

> "b-but I feel more full when I eat fat".

so it works

carbfags will literally eat entire bags of doritos and candy and not feel full

Thank you for this user. Currently on my third week on Keto amd this is the motivation I needed to continue

you can drink alcohol on keto.

because IIRC your brain uses ketone bodies after 4-6 hours of fasting, so I can just limit my feeding window to a couple of hours while being able to reap the benefits of nuts, vegetables, fruit, etc. while still reaping benefits of the ketogenic diet

>so it works
In the same way training wheels work on a bike. Yeah it fucking works but it's totally unnecessary and pretty stupid if you know what you're doing already.
Having too many carbs will make you feel hungrier but they don't force you to shovel more food into your mouth, that's all on you and your lack of self-control, but modest amounts of carbs that are way beyond standard keto limits don't make you that hungry.
Maybe try a reasonable, balanced diet that doesn't deprive you of the most efficient macro for exercise.

the virgin vegan/keto dichotomy vs the chad rabbit starvation

plus you can eat pea and rice protein instead of animal protein to keep your IGF-1 down, which reduces your risk of cancer

>that's all on you and your lack of self-control,

but that's the point. assuming you're american we live in a country where 2/3 are overweight and 1/3 are obese. obviously self control doesn't work for the plebs.

>most efficient macro for exercise.

most keto dieters do so for weight loss not for exercise efficiency. obviously on fit this dynamic is changed since most of us work out. but 80% of calories are expended on BMR for the average person. the blood sugar meme has to die.

the only people who should consume large amounts of calories are starving/underweight people and the incredibly athletic.

>large amounts of calories

carbohydrates*

is it even still considered keto if you're eating 120g of carbs?

Keto means low-carb not no-carb.

no, TRUE ketogenic diets are low protein, low carbs, HIGH fat... like 85%+ fat.

120g is way over the keto carb limit

try 20-50

I don't understand the people that claim they can't stand to be on keto for long. I personally love it. Getting to eat tons of spinach, moderate amounts of meat, along with plenty of nuts and cheese every day, that's the life. You don't even have to stop eating stuff like bread, oatmeal, and chips, there's so many alternatives and straight up low carb versions of your favorite foods out there that it doesn't matter. Might have to spend more maybe or learn how to cook but who cares, the base of the diet is already great.

This. Been on Keto for 4 months and i'm not turning back

It would probably depend on the person, but not really. From what I've seen, 100g is the usual upper limit. But if that user felt better with that many carbs, than who cares? He found what works for him

You realize ketosis is the reason fasting works so well, right? Fasting is literally zero calorie keto dieting. They both utilize autophagy.

it was a shitpost lad, rabbit starvation isn't fasting, it occurs from high protein/low carb/fat diets. vegans advocate high carbs low fat, ketofags advocate low carbs high fat.

humans can't live exclusively on protein, they need either carbs or lipids (fat)

But thats what ketosis is. Google is your friend

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of what rabbit starvation was.

Yes. Just eat 500 over your tdee. Is this a serious question

This. I do “keto” in a very loose sense. I still drink with my mates on occasion and i just ate a chocolate chip cookie my grandma baked me. But cutting bread and pasta ect is a great way to limit your calories. My body may dip into ketosis it may not. But keto recipes are handy and easily accessible and its just so dam easy to cut on. I mean who doesnt love steak and eggs? I could probably get the same results from cico but this just seems easier for me. Go with what works

Keto isnt that much more expensive unless you had next to no meat in your diet already. Meat especially beef can be pricy but eggs veggies and cheese are dirt cheap. The eating healthy is expensive meme has been debunked 1000 times

>It's like /lit/ talking about books they've never read
this had me twitching for way too long.

Attached: 1519199067892.jpg (413x395, 38K)

Ive never seen proof it works more than cico

20 carbs should be your max

So you admit it works?

>it works but you could do it a harder way
Ya like the other user said. Jow Forums just hates everything normie

>When I did around 70g carbs a day
That's why you have these people who claim keto is shit. These mongoloids eat too much carbs and drink sips and wonder why they feel like shit. These retards also stuff their faces with bacon and cheese and wonder why they don't loose fat.
Then they shit up these thread with smug chinese cartoon girls claiming keto is fad and doesn't work at all.

chicken breast where I live costs 7euros/kg
add any kind of veggie you want, milk, eggs and you have a perfect keto diet that costs nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

>totally giving up the most nutrient dense superfoods on the planet
>good idea
Keto has it's benefits, but any benefit is applied to those who need to be on it for medical reasons, like epilepsy, or severe obesity. I get it, it's a great way to cut, and it feels crazy...but the body isnt meant to run on ketosis for a long time. Our biology is designed to run on sugars, and taking those out 99% for months means increased stress on the body. Stress on the body is bad. Espeically prolonged stress like a keto diet.

Trust me on this, since Keto diets are relatively new and no long term studies have been performed, but those who stick to keto diets for prolonged periods of time are going to have more medical problems down the line than those who eat a balanced diet.

>people on keto doesn't look good
>people on diets doesn't look good
There's a reason why diets are practiced you low IQ subhuman

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>most nutrient dense superfoods on the planet are carbs
>no science to say Keto long term is good but trust ME guys I know these things
Good work man. Really convincing

nigga do you wanna look aesthetic or not

>cutting nutrient dense foods
So meat, vegetables, nuts and oil fats aren’t nutrient dense enough, gotta have a fucking pineapple and bread too right?

>No testing
Theres been no testing on energy drinks or pre-workout or even protein powder but we all still suck them down. Do you really think we are going to fucking die because we don’t get enough fruit and bread? kys retard its probably one of the healthiest if not THE healthiest diets out there. Sugar is fucking jewish gives you all kinds of problems. You are a goddamn moron.

Attached: 03929A68-36C8-4C21-94AB-E671F70C122E.jpg (250x241, 17K)

Can I go from 14% to 10/11% bf in two months on keto?

I do best on 40g-100g carbs/day. Not "true keto," just low carb, but it helps a lot with hunger and reduces bloating (compared to unrestricted carbs). Low carb is a godsend for women, dunno if the lads have the same problems with bloating/puffiness.

I have no idea if im ever bloated or not. I literally dont know what the sensation is like.

Now tits or gtfo

Attached: 1C2DB9E1-539F-4FB5-9781-16415FCE2D52.png (420x420, 9K)

Keto is only good as a last resort for morbidly obese fucks. It is not good for your health and you will end up getting ketoacidosis. It will generally fuck up your body. Look at anyone who follows keto religiously. They look malnourished, not healthy or strong.

Exactly, its just a fucking meme diet. The only reason you lose weight is because you are taking in a decreased amount of calories. Also, it makes you weaker.

Keto is great if you have liver problems and/or you're insensitive to insulin, but horrible for gains

>I am on the pro side

Gee i really couldn't tell this from your post. Why do ketofags (boomers) always feel the need to put redundant things in their post? Is this how people seriously used to talk? wtf boomers i am done

>ketoacidosis

Yeah this only happens if you are diabetic. Shut the fuck up you dont know what you’re talking about.

the liver creates all the glucose we need.

>fat idiot follows diet promoting satiety and fails to understand the mechanics behind weight loss
You never see non-lards promote it and when they go off it they realise they never learned how to properly eat and end up regaining which only leads them to shill keto even more.

it's not about the calories, it's about the hormones you bloody dumb dumb

mate i'm 6 and i've been on keto for 4 years now
come at me

Keto was basically the diet of cavemen. Carbs were scarce until we started cultivating

This thread makes me realize there are people with sub 80 IQ on Jow Forums

The problem is I dont live in an area where I have access to any cooking appliances. The best I have is a microwave and a toaster if i want. Do you have any suggestions for keto meals that dont require cooking?

Hey man you're pretty close to my stats! I just started keto at 198 and in less than 2 weeks I am at 188. I have also not noticed much muscle loss so I seems I am doing everything right. My goal is to be around 175, but depending on how I look at that weight I may keep going till 10% bf

fucking easily doable in a month and a week

A DIET IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN HAVING NO DIET

>high fat intake is equivalent to a potent oral
if you believe that, you're a fucking dumbass and deserve your impending coronary artery disease