Stop doing dumbbell flies

stop doing dumbbell flies

Attached: Capture.jpg (384x540, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

musculi.com/content/articles/most-effective-exercises-per-muscle-group-using-electromyography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks to Jeff Caviar's revolutionary techniques, i look like this after just year and a half of training! Wow!

Attached: 1529019407840.jpg (743x628, 119K)

Jeff is the biggest fraud on youtube. His degree (PhD??) is useless for the career and advice he is currently giving, he has no clue what he is doing. He is the biggest meme, follow his advice and you will get 0 gains

>stop doing full ROM bench
>stop squatting
>stop deadlifting
No idea why this clickbait artist is popular here. Guy's retarded

the absolute boomer of youtube fitness.

How is it possible to lift for years and still look like this

By being natty lmao

he's improved dramatically from his before

Looks completely untrained. Cavalier has to quit

Dumbbell flies are absolutely garbage and I laugh when ever I see a Johnny 1pl8 benchers dropsetting flies

He looks pretty good though

>What are genetics
>untrained

he is natural and not a roidhead like his trainer

I saw a video today where he said 40min to an hour should be the absolute max time for a workout

What the fuck? I’ll barely get anything fucking done.

He gives good advice for a lot of things though.

I've been doing A-X and I really enjoy it. My BF is lower than ever.

not eating enuff

He’s working for a baseball team. Those are the elite athletes everyone is talking about. Fucking baseball players. And this guy thinks that what works for them will surely work for someone who wants to have a decent physique.

Wtf are you gonna be doing for more than an hour? Unless you do heavy cardio on top of your weight traning, the numbers just don't add up.

Then stop taking dicks between sets you faggot

His program is about training like an athlete. If you don't work on endurance, stamina, and agility too you are fucking up big time. I'm so glad I learned all the good HIIT workouts. Some of the best and hardest workouts ive ever done.

Different user but:
Well let's say I do 6 exercises (way less than some people do for a workout), 3-5 working sets per exercise, 1-2 warm-up sets, 2-3 minutes of rest between sets
Minimum that's 6 x (3+1) x 2 = 48 mins
Maximum that's 6 x (5+2) x 3 = 2h6m
Now obviously both of those are extreme cases, but the average for me probably falls somewhere around 1h20/30 - is that really reducing gains somehow or is Jeff just coming up with more clickbait?

this math is pretty much what I do. 1hr to 2hr workouts. I dont know how people fit in a bunch of exercises into an hour. Do you fags only do like 3 different lifts?

He's not too far off. Scooby's workouts usually take an hour, give or take.

>training like an athlete
What the fuck does that even mean? If you want to train like an athlete, pick a fucking sport. Mixing mediocre lifting with some cardio doesn’t mean you train like an athlete.

Attached: 1527130093596.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

How are they garbage? Accessories shouldn't be trained heavy and no one should be training to fkn PR on DB flyes and grinding out reps, but light DB flies at the end of an upper body/bench workout are a good finisher, and they help to work the pectoralis major which is one of the most common injuries/tears from benching. People just need to stop acting like they need to set PR's on shit like flyes, lateral raises, tricep pushdowns, etc. Take it nice and easy, keep it comfortably light, get that volume in, and look both ways when crossing the street.

Scooby juices idgaf

no dude just do compounds lmfao why are you workouts taking longer than 35min dyel

What's wrong with dumbbell flies?

Not eating

Attached: 1503708408175.jpg (640x640, 48K)

This pic is sad. Dude looks like never lift before.

if you actually bothered to watch his videos you‘d know he said that db flys are very effective in building chest but also very risky if you fail to lift the weight

I do heavy DB flies and nothing bad happened so far, even though I dislocated my shoulder once.

Post routine

>nothing bad happened so far
>dislocated my shoulder once

wtf

Sure, i should also stop doing upright rows because some boomer got hurt doing them.......

He is cool with dedlift tho

It happened in a car accident, not during the exercise, I just wanted to point out that even though my shoulder should be way more prone to injury now, DB flies didn't hurt it so far.

Dumbbell flies arent a good finisher.
they're okay to create enough metabolites then finish with a compound.

Something like flat bb bench heavy, light db flies (1 set to failure), incline db bench.

BUT literally every ECG study has shown dips to be more effective at activating the majoralis pec.

I lift for 2,5 hours like many others. There is nothing wrong with longer sessions as a natty.
Roider usually end up with shorter sessions because they have bro splits where they only do shoulder / arms on a day. Obviously you don’t need more than an hour to hit shoulder arms.
You will need more than that if you want to train your whole upper body in a upper / lower split, however.

2.5h? Are you doing like a 2 day fbw routine?

it takes 20 minutes for me to warm up and complete my bench. I wouldn't expect 2pl8 dyels to know though

Unless you are an actual powerlifting trying to max out on a squat or something, doing 7 sets with 3 minute rests is retarded

>elite athletes
>baseball
you fucking idiot

It's because he isn't bloatmaxxxing.

>Dumbbell flies are absolutely garbage

t. shit bench press to go with his shit physique

*braps on u*

Attached: Lmao.png (1366x768, 2.11M)

Dips and DB bench are superior in every way. As proven by actual scientific studies

Well, say on a heavy volume upper day - mobility warmup for bench, so some dynamic stretches and exercises to warm up shoulders and upper back.
That already takes some time.
Then 5-6 warmup sets to get to working weight.
Then around 10 working sets, each challenging so at least 5 minute pauses between each, more if I feel weak that day.
Then at least one more chest accessory, usually dB incline presses.
Then onto back, I train back every sessions. The lats need a fuck ton of volume so I usually do at least 5 usually 7 sets of pull-ups to failure and then at leasf 3 sets of high repped horizontal pulls.
Then upper back for shoulder health, so a good amount of facepulls, some external rotation on cable.
Then onto triceps, usually high repped stuff to fatigue.
Lastly some abs, so leg raises - luckily I don’t train biceps, otherwise it would take even longer.
Often manage to do it in 2 hours, but it can easily take up to 2.5

t. definitely has a shit bench and shit physique

t. Doesn’t believe literal ECG and direct muscle measurement studies.
Keep doing your 15lbs flies and tear your VC joint whilst you’re at it

Attached: Avocado.jpg (480x360, 25K)

musculi.com/content/articles/most-effective-exercises-per-muscle-group-using-electromyography

Here you go you brainlet

strong projection from this clueless, shit looking faggot with a shit bench detected. i bench press more than you'll ever deadlift you fat little bitch lmao.

Attached: 1527109140018.png (470x470, 412K)

Yeah your sure as shit got a good bench from doing flyes instead of benching?
Obviously not. You’re a Johnny 2pl8 doing isometrics in the mirror. Read the literature and get educated

BRAPPPPPPPPPPP

Attached: BRAPP.png (686x508, 465K)

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Attached: BRRRRRRRAAAAAAP.png (829x617, 733K)

5min rest... don't tell me you're that guy who takes the bench for half an hour and plays on his phone the whole fucking time

>ignorant manlet with a shit bench still projecting because he can't bench press more than 95 pounds

keep crying for your superior, dumb fuck.

Attached: 1528159935232.png (387x365, 26K)

>stop doing dumbbell flies
>Literally the first post after getting home from the gym
>Did dumbell flies today

No.
It’s more like an hour.

Okay fella. Post body

>i am too much of an uneducated retard to refute your claim and too much of a weak chicken shit with a shit bench to even make the attempt, sir

i accept your embarrassing admission of defeat. no more (you)s from your superior, little shit troll. you're done. move on. cope.

Attached: 1508150020295.jpg (377x527, 35K)

Isn't nu/fit/ anti-squat and anti-deadlift tho?

Do we have a before pic?

Just do super sets...

highly doubt you legit need 2-3 minutes of rest, at 6 exercises you're probably not doing the kind of intensity that justifies such long resting

you can shave off 18 (6x3x1min) to 45 (6x5x1,5min) minutes easy by resting less.

I superset the pull-ups/upper back/triceps stuff

Woah dude you gotta stay for a min

I subluxated my shoulder two weeks ago with no visible injuries on xray or MRI/T

but what exercises and movements do i have to avoid now? pls help out

Yep. Remember when Jow Forums actually had good advice?

based user
Jow Forums needs more anons with a fucking brain

he takes professional athletes who are already the top genetics who have been training for a decade and has them do external rotation with a rubber band along with a game of hopscotch and then proceeds to claim that he is responsible for their athletic achievement

but i'm currently doing bulgarian system for db flyes and tricep pushdown

No, I'm with him. Post body, faggot

>not taking training seriously
>injury from car crash
>genetics
But most importantly
>NOT EATING FUCKING ENOUGH
Seriously, all the goddamn lifting in the world will do jack shit if your body is in a constant catabolic state

Attached: 5297A226-896C-49C8-BA97-D558D19DFB09.png (535x535, 133K)

My gf has the same degree(physiotherapy) and her profesors always pushed cardio and said the same thing doctors say
>squat is bad for the knees
>deadlift is bad for the back
>running and swimming is the only exercise you can do

>888
>99
Holy fuck this post must be true

Jeff should never show Jesse on camera anymore. Like ever. I think some of his tips are great and helped me but this shit is embarrassing

He literally doesn't say any of that you fucking moron.

But Jeff does endorses squat.

This check out exactly for me. Some times I take 4-5 minute between heavy sets

Literally has tutorial on DL and SQ on his channel.

No idea why braindead autists is here. You're retarded

why are people still pushing this meme, you're going to look much different in certain parts of an exercise as you flex/extend different muscles

jesse isn't being personally trained by jeff
jesse was in a car accident that gave him a head injury that temporarily stopped all possibility of exercise
jesse didn't take either training or nutrition seriously for a long time
jesse still built 12 pounds of muscle in 5-6 months

Attached: file.png (1077x558, 882K)

Most people don't know that. In videos where jesse is present it always seems like he's being coached by jeff

The guy is 42 but STILL won't admit he is doing testosterone and gets super butthurt when people call him out for it. Biggest faud on the web.

>fitness guru
>clearly doesnt know about mewing
pick one

king Leonidas was 61 years old when he fought at the battle of Thermopylae. all Spartans needed to be fit for war until the age of 60 when they could then retire and they didnt need trt

but yeah this guy probably is on some juice. doing nothing but external rotations for three sets to failure everyday wont give you that kind of body

Attached: depositphotos_146117109-stock-photo-marble-sculpture-of-greek-warrior.jpg (300x450, 20K)

Daily reminder that Jeff Cavalry unironically believes

>you need to use safety clips on every exercise
>leg extensions are guaranteed snap city
>bench press shouldn’t touch your chest
>you need the rack over your eyes when benching
>Deadlifts are bad for you
>Lowbar squats are bad for you
>jogging is bad for you
>fasting is more important than maintaining a caloric deficit

>he believes the spartan propaganda about Thermopylae

Sparta basically deluded themselves and all others to think they were some elite warriors, and people still fucking believe it

Attached: 1510423860161.jpg (971x576, 102K)

>europeans dont have any history, goy!
lmao whatever you say, schlomo

Lol what. Work on your reading comprehension before you strawman

Another thread full of shit he never said.

read about it, there is a reason why Alexander didn't even bother with sparta when unifying greece, because they basically imploded under their own hubris

It’s a response to the massive Starting Strength circlejerk that created an army of dudes with satyr quads and trex arms
Jow Forums has always been shit

they were definitely very strong and competent warriors - that is inevitable when you get a bunch of greeks together who are complete autists about military prowess and the avoidance of luxury and decadence. but in their autism they forgot to be not-retarded about everything else because they were so tunnel visioned on muh military strength

You guys fell for the bait. This is why Jow Forums is going downhill. Brainlets like you guys can't separate obvious bait from advice

Yeah thats what i thought faggot

those are all true though

>Deadlifts are bad for you
bullshit he actually stated he likes the deadlift in multiple vids

Attached: 1459634409141.jpg (804x787, 143K)

I TOLD YOU IT WAS NON NEGOTIABLE

car crash injury and being a lanklet.