I can do 2 consecutive pull ups. That’s it. For 4 weeks, it has not improved. 5’10, 145lbs...

I can do 2 consecutive pull ups. That’s it. For 4 weeks, it has not improved. 5’10, 145lbs. What should I be doing when I fail to do more pull ups?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/
50pullups.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eat more. Get lots of rest.

>a scrawny manlet that can only allegedly do 2 pull ups

Attached: 1526032945846.jpg (1080x793, 119K)

I can only do reverse grip pullups, but for the opposite reason. I'm skinnyfat mode

jump up to skip the first part of the pull up (the actual pull part) then catch yourself at the top and lower yourself down as slowly as possible. do this as many time as you can

>reverse grip pull ups

Can someone please also explain to me why that isn’t just a chin up?

500 cal surplus
how in the motherfuck can you get stuck at 2 pullups are you paraplegic

Seriously OP, you need to eat more and rest more and maybe just do more and do more negatives. I'm not particularly big by any stretch, but I'm 5'6" and 150 lbs.So I'm a turbo manlet but I outweight you. You need to eat to grow muscle.
Do you do pull-ups at home? If you do, try doing one every time you walk past the bar.
I once maxed out at two or three pull-ups too. Nowadays I can do ten pull-ups without even maxing out, I do weighted chins at over 30 lbs. You can do this, you might just have to get a bit more intense about it.

this

also, do frequency method (6x1 daily, few hours apart, increase weekly or so), ladders of negative chin ups (1x,2x,3x, rest, 1x,2x,3x) several times daily
if you can, lat pulldowns, if you can't, lat pullovers

It is. I just wasn't sure if that was a proper term

>reverse grip pullups

Attached: 1527540410586.jpg (500x500, 6K)

I cant eat a surplus, i’m also skinny fat af and 99% advise cutting until i’m not.

Seems like just about everyone uses "pull up" for with your palms face away from you, and "chin ups" for when your palms face towards you. And "neutral grip pull ups" are when you grab handles or bars that are parallel with each other. So you palms are facing each other and are perpendicular to you.

I'm 5'7" and can do 2 with an extra 90 pounds added so it's obviously not you're height.

You're a faggot. Those are called chinups.

>reverse grip pull ups
You shoulda saved this one

do 1 pullup every 2 hours. If you have to struggle then dont do one and make sure you go super slow on the descent. try to really really really squeeze the bar and make sure you have a good "hollow position" which is going to help energy leaks

The only way to increase your pullups is doing pullups. The other exercises in the gym like pulldown can help to build strength, but once you do at least 3 pullups only the bar can help you.
and you need to do at least three times a week to have a decent progress. If you have a greater objective there is the the armstrong pullup program.

After taking a week off my pull ups went from 5 to 6. I don't really have a game plan. Sometimes I grease the groove every day. Sometimes every other day. Sometimes I accidentally take a week off.

Are you doing negatives too? Do 3x5 pull-ups, if you fail to get 5 in a set, finish the set with pull-up negatives.

do negatives to 20

>i cant eat a surplus
lol
what the fuck excuse is that. eat exactly what you normally eat a day and add a sandwich to it, boom youre in a surplus (but probably not a big enough one)
or take the easy way out and just drink milk

>2 chin-ups
Just do negatives

Attached: 1529113758293.jpg (697x480, 85K)

do barbell rows

I can do 4x10 dead hang

Chin ups.

5x5 barbell rows MWF on a linear progression + GOMAD, of course

Look up "Grease the Groove - Pull Ups"
Not trolling

>tfw you got your 50+ year old dad started on negatives and now when you visit him he busts out 5 or more every time he walks through his kitchen door, did a set of 20 just for shits and gigs

Yeah for real negatives are super important. Also from training friends I've learned the importance of the shoulder position. There is the relaxed dead hang (where your shoulders touch your ears) at the bottom of the movement, the wrong thing most people do is bend their elbows first then bring their shoulders down towards the top of the movement. The correct thing is to draw the shoulders back immediately, then lift yourself up with your arms. You're only *really* engaging your lats when your shoulders are down, back and tense. Otherwise you just get a good bicep pump and some shoulder pain.

Attached: 89eb6456560b254dfc87277264a5ac5e.jpg (500x333, 27K)

If he was para he would prolly be able to do a shitload of pullups

Lat Pulldowns don't help with pullups
BB Rows don't help with pullups

Literally just gotta do more desu, no other way round it, get stronger

Best way would be to use GtG method, if you can only do 2, every few hours bust out 1-2, the next few days or week you should be at 3-4. Keep doing this till you hit about 10 or so.

Once you get there give the Russian Fighter Pullup program a look, that got me to 23 pullups:

strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/

>lat pulldowns don't help with pullups
I went from half a pullup to 6 pullups without ever doing pullups. only did lat pulldown.

Subscribe to the app skillwod... thank me later

but to answer your question they basically work you in with things like assisted pullups, eccentric work, negative pull ups. etc

your a gay, they're called chimps

I was stuck at 5 reps at body weight 220(6’3 orangutang arms) for almost 7 months. My gym has an assisted pull up machine, i set it to assist 40lbs and started cranking out 3x10 sets. I lost some weight, im now 208 and can do 10 body weight.

Good luck.

Attached: 1E8A59C4-A62E-45DB-9957-DA8108AD7E4D.jpg (707x707, 208K)

That's strange. I just drink beer and smoke weed all the time and am 5'10 150 and I can do about 20 if I put my mind to it. I can jump up to a door frame in my kitchen which I can't reach while standing and then do a few pull ups like that without coming back down.

>smoke weed
Are you bisexual user?

Do other exercises to strengthen arms, back, and core. The pull up utilizes multiple muscle groups. If they're not strong enough to perform that movement in concert, then maybe you should focus on working them individually. Start using dumb bells.

What kind of a question is that?

This guy gets it.

145 at 5.10 is nothing

Gay detected

Pot smokers like to serve men

>Reverse grip pull ups

Attached: 799DE3E1-E74B-4905-8876-35E4C518760A.jpg (750x1334, 59K)

good blog post. where can i subscribe

This. Going from 3 reps max to about 8 goes pretty quick once you start doing them more regularly.

Do a ton of negatives after your sets. Also do them often, your back muscles are pretty big and they recover quickly when you're weak

>that got me to 23 pullups
Did you do the fighter pullup program 3 times per week or 6 times as per the original plan?

Some people claim 6 times is too much if you're natty and you should do it 3 times instead.

Karlie Kloss on the left but who's the girl on the right?

Not to hijack ops thread,but any advice on someone who can’t do pull ups at all?

Negatives. Keep 5 seconds at the top with your chin over the bar, then lower yourself for 5 seconds and then when you're down keep hanging 5 seconds. Do this 5 times, 2 to 3 times a week.

BW only at first. Then with a little big of extra weight, around 10-15 lbs. After that you'll have your first solid pullup down.

With a 6 times it's important you aren't going to failure, you're working out less hard so you can do more total volume. A technique that's arguably more got skill based stuff, which a pull-up arguably is

>2 pull ups @ 145 bodyweight
are you 60%+ bodyfat?

underrated

Scooby had a good routine for doing pull ups, chin ups and all that kind of jazzy jaz.

There is some decent basic apps you can get which make you a little routine of just pull ups which aims and succeeds at helping you do more pull ups.

Do this. It works, It might take a few weeks but it works.

50pullups.com/

>Scooby had a good routine for doing pull ups, chin ups and all that kind of jazzy jaz.
link plz

Why does that bitch have no upper lip?

>reverse grip pullups

B-Birth of a new meme?!?!

Attached: 1521852925162.png (924x720, 1.04M)

im not op but fucking google it you lazy piece of shit, no wonder you're stuck at 2 pullups for a fucking month. You're 145 lbs, that's embarassing!

>reverse grip pull ups
these are the people giving advice on here

>I can only do reverse grip pullups

You should use alternating grip pull-ups to increase your pulling volume. /s
…………………………………

Random thought:

Why isn’t the deadlift called a pull-up? You actually pull the weight up.

Heck, the weight machine version of a “pull-up” is a Lat Pulldown?!?

you pull yourself up, so its a pullup
you destroy your lumbars with your shitty form, so its a deadlift

Just keep practicing, I started only doing 2 which killed me now I can do 15 easily, I'm a 70kg Lich for reference

Attached: 1528803875861.jpg (457x457, 56K)

don't listen to any of these queers all you need is arm strength

>reverse grip pull up

never change Jow Forums

Put me in the screencap

Chins/neutral grip, negatives if you’re super weak
Upper level zozz

Dont hate on the guy for asking for advice