Fed-ex user here from last week, revising my statement

So i made a thread last week about starting work at Fed-Ex, was really optimistic about leaving the NEET life. Just gonna revise it a bit with a story.

>fifth day of work, up until this point i've been doing well
>4th of July was yesterday, we were off so the packages built up
>head in today optimistic as shit
>happy that i got an extra day to recover physically
>keep in mind, i'm out of shape
>220 lbs, no muscle, 5'10"
>hear inspiring stories from higher ups
>"i joined when i was 350lbs, after I did package handling for a year I lost all that extra weight!"
>that is a fucking herculean claim
>and I was ready to prove I could achieve that too

>clock in at 4 today
>manager is 2 days away from transfer to another facility
>manager's name is chad
>not even joking
>please dont stop reading, this is entirely true
>chad is on edge
>wants everyone to work harder than hell
>a few of us are only on our first week, everyone else is acclamated
>me and the new hires are struggling like hell
>im left alone to fill an entire trailer at one point

>i fill that fucking thing hardcore
>after a few hours its finally near full
>at this point i felt my entire body drop
>my leg had fallen in between a 5 inch gap and i was stuck
>as i fell i had tried to grab onto a stack of packages, which brought an avalanche down on my head
>feel my nose nearly snap as a box of gaskets smacks me in the face
>an 80lb package was pushing up against me, torquing against my leg which was about to snap

>finally regain control, pull my leg out
>freak out and sit down for a second
>chad sees this from afar

>some time later im loading the trailer next door to the last one
>exhausted from my last trailer and reeling from my injuries i slow down a bit
>turns out i slowed down too much for chad's taste
>chad storms in
>no, he does not walk the dinosaur
>"what's up with you? this is one of the easiest trailers we have and you're barely making any progress"
>attempt to explain, but he interrupts
continued

Attached: h (2).png (527x549, 12K)

some tough love is always a good thing bro

>and he says this, verbatim
>"you seriously need to re-evaluate whether you're a good fit for this company."
>what
>try to explain to chad that this is my first week and i just had a pretty big accident
>scoffs at me, tells me to go to the next trailer and work with a partner
>what the fuck

>hours go by, as i continue to lose my spirit
>chad comes by and tears into me and me alone
>im drenched in sweat moving at a decent pace
>i had a rate of 190 on my scanner
>that isnt bad at all
>continually shits on me though
>start getting seriously angry
>anger stews for hours
>assistant manager comes by and plays good cop
>obviously trying to pad the chad's damage
>compliments us for a job well done
>still cant accept the compliments
>use my anger to work megadrive
>only supposed to work for 4 hours so I give it all ive got

chad decided to work us, the new hires, double the time he said we would. at the seven hour mark, i stormed over to him and begged him in the most rational tone possible to let me work in unloading or conveyors, at least until i was used to everything, to which he said "I've been watching you all day. You're not even trying. Come back at 2 tomorrow."

Im home now, told mom my story. She made me consolation tendies, and now im sitting here wondering why I decided to work this kind of job when I wasnt even ready. Just really frustrated.

I am currently in a position where I need a job I can work in the afternoons, where I don't have to interact with people too much, and that won't be a hassle to quit in a month

Would you recommend fedex

I'd recommend it, because my experience is my experience. You could love it. If you're okay with getting bruised, cut, and rushed by your managers constantly.

It's not for everyone, but it's worth a shot. My spirit is bruised, not broken, which means this experience still hasn't ruined it for me. Good luck.

It is a shit job that will damage your body if you aren't careful.
There is no point in arguing or questioning the decisions of your manager. Your job is to do what they say, not to tell them why you can't. If you can't they'll find someone who can.
If you have a shit manager you either suck it all in and do as you are told until you get fired or you look for another job and quit that shitty job.

Sorry for your bad day, user. Give it another shot over the next week or so. If this job isn't for you try and get another.

That's actually exactly what I needed, thank you.

I get that. My autism really makes it difficult to find jobs I can do alongside college and my dad's been recommending package handling for a while now.

i worked in a very similair place for a year. probably the only difference is my boss was named brad
anyway i was in good shape when i started and had worked a month or so in a a different warehouse prior. we had a stupid leaderboard type thing to see who was the best goy everyday and i'd always be top 4. i had zero social skills when i started because i basically went from weightlifting neet shut in for 5 years to working full time. i did gain a lot of confidence talking to people, well, men anyway. i liked it there, made a few friends, (work friends never saw any of them after i left) my back gradually got pretty fucked up and one day i just decided not to go back.
if i could go back in time i would have just skipped working there altogether and gone to trade school. warehouse work is better then being neet but its a dead end and eventually your body falls apart. stick it out 6 months or so just to prove to yourself you can do it, and then move on.

Why are you letting him disrespect you? Call him a piece of shit and tell him to watch his attitude. If you get fired you get fired, better than working for a piece of shit. Casually accepting this sort of thing is how people turn into permanently souldead wageslaves. "Yes master." Pathetic.

Glad to hear that.
I hope it gets better and you make some break room friends.

Funny story about that, I have the labor number. Along with his closing statements where he said I wasn't even trying, he tried to pad it a bit in a very douchey way by offering me the easiest trailers for tomorrow, which sent me over the fucking edge. I nodded and smiled and said, "Sure!"

As soon as I clocked out I copied down the labor number - calling in sick tomorrow. I'll have a three day weekend to recover, and I'll stick it to that fucker. He'll be gone by monday, and I'll have good cop as my new one.

Pathetic, sure. Silent protest is all I know.

>If you get fired you get fired, better than working for a piece of shit

That is not true. Your work isn't your life, and taking shit from someone who clearly has it out for you is valuable experience.

but i do miss smoking blunts with the puerto ricans in the parking lot before heading back in to operate industrial machinery

If this was me I'd make it my life goal to find some leverage on him and then destroy his soul. These kind of assholes are pure cancer for humanity.

Optionally confront him and ask him as "the leader" (boss) to show you what you're doing wrong. If he does that and you cover all of it he's got nothing to complain about. If he DOESN'T he's not doing his job and the blame is entirely on him.

>Pathetic, sure. Silent protest is all I know.
Next time you are bullied, reply loudly and clearly with the first thought that comes to mind. Never self-censor.

>and taking shit from someone who clearly has it out for you is valuable experience.
I've not found that to be the case. Accepting that sort of behavior only makes you weaker in the long run. Never allow someone to mistreat you. If someone has a problem with you, force them to say it to your face.

>calling your manager a piece of shit
>IF you get fired
It's never a good idea to start a fight you can't win. Chimping out because your manager is an idiot isn't going to get you anywhere.
You either quit or continue work because you need the money. Don't let yourself get fired so they get the upper hand as well as the last word.

If anyone was here for the band faker thread, that was me too.

Part of what had me so nuclear was the fact that I was actually trying my hardest here, and I'm still getting shit on. Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?

Attached: 1.png (1216x702, 253K)

>Don't let yourself get fired so they get the upper hand as well as the last word.
Neither of these things carry any weight for me. The only important thing is maintaining my dignity, which is achieved by treating any "superiors" as either equal or inferior to me. They can have whatever "word" they want.

So being wronged and getting fired over complaining about it seems more dignified to you than being wronged and deciding to quit on your own behalf?

A manager mistreating you doesn't care about you. By taking his indifference about your wellbeing personal and trying to insult him you show that you care about his opinion about you. This is where you first lose.
After that he still doesn't care about you but sees you are not fit to execute his orders. He fires you and you are out of a job. He on the other hand can choose from a bunch of people who are in dire need of a job. You lose again because you are now even less valuable than before to the person who's opinion you care about and they got to show their superiority.

I would like to know why you think you win in this scenario even though I believe our perception on the situation is just vastly different.

I don't understand your mindset. If someone doesn't like me, I tell them "fuck you". It's more satisfying than trying to reason my way through the cost-benefit analysis of who wins what. Just an impulsive snap response. "Fuck you". Feels good, man.

OP here, unless you're an entrepreneur, this mindset is the worst thing possible. Hope it works out for you.

I would honestly rather starve to death than allow someone to disrespect me, so it's pretty much impossible for it not to work out.

I would never assume they don't like me. I would assume they don't care about me at all. In OP's case Chad cared about boxes and trucks. So why express any kind of acknowledgement towards his indifference? By insulting them you show you care more about them than they care about you. And you don't change your situation in which they don't care about you. You're just out of a job.

Byt they will still disrespect you afterwards and you just validated their disrespect by insulting them.

>I would never assume they don't like me.
Okay, I would. That leads us to entirely different conclusions.

>afterwards
I won't be there, though. If a tree falls in the woods, etc.
>validated
This is beyond my comprehension, well into the realm of social-point-scoring which I do not inhabit. I only respect action, anything else is philosophical mumbo-jumbo.

Yeah, I guess this is really what makes the difference.
In Germany we have a saying and it goes something like "What does the German oak tree care if a pig rubs against it?" I find that to be pretty helpful.
Nice trips though.

Wait a couple days then complain to middle management(typically a area/sort manager in the FedEx world) and or HR that your injury has gotten worse and you'd like to see a doctor. Your manager is responsible for several violations here. Failure to report an injury within 24 hours, failure to ensure the trailer had less than a two inch gap from the dock, and also failed to even acknowledge you had been injured. At the very least he will receive a write up if not termination.

190 rate is pretty average for your first week. Standards vary from facility to facility but using a typical example of 400 being the standard load rate; FedEx policy is 50% of standard the first 2 weeks, and 80% of standard by week 3. So you were ever so slightly under, which may not even be accurate due to things like breaks, hydrating, moving between trailers, etc. In short, fuck Chad, you're doing great. If you want to stick it out hopefully after Chad transfers you'll pick up a less cunty ops manager. It is however very taxing labor and definitely not for everyone. If you don't stuff your face like a fat asshole you will lose weight as you will be sweating your ass off and burning many calories. Godspeed robot.

You know what you're talking about. I'll seriously consider that. Thanks.

Man I'm a fucking pussy and you guys make me look good

You're welcome. I was a NEET from 22-28 before I started at FedEx. I'm a ops manager there now and by all definitions of robots here a normie. I still lurk here though because I browsed this board during my NEET years and still feel I identify with it.

Also feel free to ignore the pressures of Chad, as package handlers are extremely hard to terminate due to high turnover(doubly goes for new hires), and the most he can do is try to intimidate you. Unless you are consistently having attendance issues or under performing you don't have anything to worry about so let his bullshit roll off your back.

If you were working on my dock I would have gained a lot of respect for you enduring that injury and finishing a shift. I know what it feels like to fall into a trailer gap, it fucking hurts. Not to mention the wall avalanche and gaskets to the head. That shows a lot of heart and I'm proud of you user. Please be careful because as you've experienced not every manager is going to care about your safety. Use proper lifting and always be aware of your surroundings.

Not OP, but this user gives me hope in mankind. Here's a (You)