Research on phytoestrogens

Hey Jow Forums, I ended up doing a bunch of research into phytoestrogens and came to what I think are some interesting conclusions. I wanted to share it with someone and figured this was a good place.

Tell me what you think, sorry that the audio is frankly shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=4PB5L4FHZZE&

TL;DR
Onions seems to have mechanisms to lower androgens, particularly DHT conversion which is the androgen that gives you all of the masculine features. As well as binding to estrogen receptors, particularly in a part of the population known as "Equol producers" who metabolize diadzen into the stronger estrogen equol,

Attached: HBGUY pj vid.png (400x235, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU&t=97s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19597532
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/table/T2/?report=objectonly
taonzen.co/chamomile-apigenin-studies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you mean s o y in that tldr

Yes, forgot about that filter

unironically based. we need to do shit like this. main reason of this board being shit is lack of oc

>inb4 this thread goes down with zero replies
>mogged thread goes spartans
keep it up user

Thanks!
I'm excited about this because it took like 30 hours of research reading through that fucking meta analysis and following through on reading referenced studies.
I wasn't sure about showing it to anyone I know since the production level is rather poor, but I might now.

youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU&t=97s
what do you guys think about this vid. inb4 fuck off basedboy etc. never tasted onions in my fucking life, legit never and dont have any plan to, but what if its actually meme and basedboys just like taste of it for whatever reason

google says its like beans, still what about this vid. protip not promoting eating it fuck it

>I'm excited about this because it took like 30 hours of research

WOW A WHOLE 30 HOURS.

dude you are like an expert now

Good look getting any sort of momentum behind the truth that affects (((their plan)))

legit dont trust these researchs. im thinking of doing it on my own, since it will go back to normal in few weeks, right guys. not op btw

What?
Its better then the 5 minutes googling the meta analysis almost everyone else did.

>What?
i just asked what they taste like

Bump good bread

It's one of the videos that inspired the creation of mine, I don't think he dug very far into the research and his basedboy diet is unlikely to manifest notable changes in a month when he is losing weight while doing it and not measuring hormones.

A better design would likely have been using onions beans, and having him gain weight, which would have at least might have shown a body fat distribution difference, but I don't think the study is controlled enough to really find anything given how potentially subtle the effect might be.

Yep to my understanding the phytoestrogens clear from the body in a few days, message me the results if you find anything interesting.

O, yes I believe they taste like beans, though a bit more bland, if tofu is anything to go by.

You've wasted your time. There are already studies on phytoestrogens in men and the only known case that I'm aware was some faggot who ate 40 servings of onions a day for months on end. It's well known that the best number of servings per day is between 3 and 7. More research needs to be done to narrow it down. Any less and you don't get the protective and positive benefits and any more and you start cancelling out those positive benefits.

What? So onions now cause estrogen increases? I thought they were the #1 test food according to Jow Forums?

>There are already studies on phytoestrogens in men and the only known case that I'm aware was some faggot who ate 40 servings of onions a day for months on end.

Could you clarify what you are trying to say here? What happened to him?

We do have studies looking at 60 mg per day that find hormone changes. Which you can get in one serving of some onions products.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19597532

Filter.
This is meant to be talking about S oy

>What happened to him?
He developed slight feminising effects.

>We do have studies looking at 60 mg per day that find hormone changes
That's 60mg per day of concentrated onions isoflavones, not onions itself. That's like... 500-600 grams of tofu per day. The study suggests that free test isn't down so the increased SHBG is binding to DHT, lessening the risk of cancer and going bald. Doesn't seem bad to me.

The chosen one.

Attached: kombucha.jpg (535x376, 37K)

Are there people out there who unironically listen to this drug addled 50 year old boomer?

Read more meta analyses.

It does say free testosterone was lowered.
>"The serum levels of sex hormone-binding globulin significantly increased, and the serum levels of free testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) decreased significantly after 3-month supplementation. "
It also lowered DHT in general, which yes is good for cancer risk, but dht has other benefits.

60 mg of phytoestrogens is 300 grams of tofu, not 600, and other onions products have allot more.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/table/T2/?report=objectonly

Plus one study found onions beans can have 562 mg of phytoestrogens in 100 grams.

I did, and I think the metalogical flaw in that analysis invalidate the study.

yes unironically my best friend listens to every single one

That's still 300 grams of tofu every day for 3 months. If you bother to look at the results their total testosterone goes up and free testosterone is lowered by only 0.4ng/ml. They all have normal test. Additionally, all of them have noticeably improved cholesterol levels. I'm not really sure what has you so scared here. You're not going to lose your gainz because you eat an abnormal amount of onions every day for months on end.

I drank onions milk 1-2 Litres a day for months and I noticed nothing but positive effects. I also eat meals with tofu and other things with onions ...

Attached: 1517654192093.png (674x530, 296K)

You have options other then tofu, which have higher concentrations, for onions flour it only requires about 30 grams to get 60 mg a day.

>If you bother to look at the results their total testosterone goes up and free testosterone is lowered by only 0.4ng/ml. They all have normal test. Additionally, all of them have noticeably improved cholesterol levels.

Except none of those outside of the lowered free testosterone and lipid changes in the equol group are statistically significant.

I'm not worried about gains, or really any effect from it, I made the video because everyone said "it has no effects on male hormones" which is provably false.

I think the DHT lowering effect is of more concern to people worried about the feminizing effect though.

Can't watch right now but have a bump for interest

But who is really eating onions outside of tofu or onions milk?

>Except none of those outside of the lowered free testosterone and lipid changes in the equol group are statistically significant.
You're also dealing with a grand total of 28 people. You're not exactly going to find conclusive proof here. You're also assuming that minor hormonal changes will definitely result in unspecified feminizing changes. You don't think you're pressing the doomsday button just a bit much?

I remember reading in some study that looked at higher than normal onions protein supplementation(more than just a scoop a day), and onions protein concentrate started to show feminizing effects at doses over 50g of onions protein a day in adult men.

People are gonna keep beating around the bush when it comes to onions but there is a clear feminizing mechanism that might not be a direct but still noticeable impact in normal hormone function.
Plus depending on one's gut bacteria, eating even just a scoop of onions protein per day might be terrible for you, since some gut bacteria metabolize some isoflavones into equol which is basically a mammalian estrogen of plant origin(if that makes sense).

They making the frogs gay, dude

>You're also assuming that minor hormonal changes will definitely result in unspecified feminizing changes. You don't think you're pressing the doomsday button just a bit much?

>I'm not worried about gains, or really any effect from it, I made the video because everyone said "it has no effects on male hormones" which is provably false.

Attached: react 1.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

>equol which is basically a mammalian estrogen of plant origin(if that makes sense).
I understand what you are trying to say, but "stronger estrogen" would be more accurate then "mammalian estrogen".

70g of onions protein concentrate(protein powder) has more than 60mg of isoflavones, that's like 2 scoops of protein powder.

>The study suggests that free test isn't down so the increased SHBG is binding to DHT
DHT is what determines wether or not you will have a micro penis or not, how much facial and body hair you have, how much libido you have and how manly your voice sounds and how manly your face and frame look overall, it might not be as anabolic as testosterone but it has a crucial effect in androgenic activity in the human body.
DHT lowering medication also causes fertility and libido issues in men.

300g of tofu has less than 30g of onions protein, it is basically nothing, a lot of people eat more than that on a daily average basis.

The audio is not bad but I only got through about a minute and a half.
Having fast paced text on the screen that doesn't match up with what you're saying made me quite angry.
Try no text with images about what you're talking about or just text that is exactly what you're saying.

So you think people are just going to have their dick shrink and their facial hair fall out? You think their skeleton is going to change because they eat some tofu for 3 months? Lmfao post proof

The amount of people who lift weights and eat high protein is a lot smaller than you realise. 60g of protein is more than enough for the average person

soi and bluepilled

Why the fuck would you put lots of text on screen meanwhile saying something else? Could your video be any more incomprehensible?

Messing around with a style used in something else, I'll try to change it in the next video I make

Thank you for the feedback

There are soi products other the tofu, a serving of onions has 52 mg of isoflavones alone and some people are drinking 3-4 bottles of the shit

Different onions products contain different amounts of isoflavones and so far I'm not seeing any proof that the negative effects outweigh the positive. This guy posted one study with 28 people in it. I don't give a shit about literal basedboys who consume a lot of onions.

>So you think people are just going to have their dick shrink and their facial hair fall out?
Literally nowhere in my previous post did I imply that, it's just that pregnant women and children who surpress their DHT under the guise of people like you will for sure affect the overall development on the development of the human body of children.
Lowering your DHT artificially by diet or medication during ADULTHOOD makes you less fertile, less energetic, more depressed and decreases your libido and bone robustness.
During childhood or pregnancy the effects are even more serious, since DHT suppression in children literally stunts the growth of their genitals.
DHT also impacts skull/torso shape and horizontal growth, it is not something to play around with in hopes of min maxing this imaginary perfect textbook hormonal balance profile that maximizes human lifespan at the cost of happiness and fitness.

>You think their skeleton is going to change because they eat some tofu for 3 months?
Not its shape, but its density surely will change overtime since DHT is a determinant of maximum bone mineral density.

Also 60g of protein is easily obtained from "non protein" sources like bread that's usually filled with onions flour(which is much more dense in isoflavones than tofu).

>he's complaining about infants and pregnant women
>on Jow Forums
You're really changing the world here

>Lowering your DHT artificially by diet or medication during ADULTHOOD makes you less fertile, less energetic, more depressed and decreases your libido and bone robustness.
And yet you're yet to post proof that onions is directly responsible for this. You've said it lowers DHT but does the amount of DHT lowered even matter? You just claim it does.

What about other foods which aren't good for you? Do you have a stick up your ass about them too?

Hate this controlled opposition fag Anglo
Delete

About to watch it user

if you want an actual testosterone improvement, take chamomile tea
the apigenin found in it, it's actually one of the most aromatase inhibiting substances available
that means that will stop test from being converted to estrogens

however, you will need about 20-30g a day of chamomile in order to feel the effects
this produces are caramel brown murky tea, not light golden one
my recommendation is to let it infuse for half an hour in 1l of warm water

there are quite a few studies related linked in the page below
> taonzen.co/chamomile-apigenin-studies/

as a bonus, chamomile tea is great for keeping anxiety away as well
it interacts with the same bzd receptors (benzodiazepines, such as rivotril and xanax) but it has not shown any withdraw and/or addiction effects; possibly due to better bodily regulation of its conversion to its biologically active form (apigenin-7-o to apigenin)

Attached: Aj Casson 1966.16.119_WEB.jpg (1200x898, 807K)

Onions

>As well as binding to estrogen receptors,
Don't forget that there are alpha and beta estrogen receptors, the phytoestrogens in onions bind to the beta estrogen receptors, which in turn has an anti-estrogenic effect (hence why onions consumption lowers breast cancer risk).

Bumping because OP did a good job of doing his homework and not just meme spouting

Attached: 7a2.jpg (960x540, 107K)

Hi op

If you have to worry about this shit, your testosterone is definitely not in the normal range.

They still bind to alpha estrogen receptors just not as strongly.
>which in turn has an anti-estrogenic effect
Massive oversimplification.

Took me a moment to see the joke, nope hes a different poster
Hi commenter.

Exactly. This is the type of shit low-test teen/early twenties boomers think about to "optimise" their test production because they make no gains

fuck I forgot too and I was already in panic mode after eating onions every fucking day

Thanks for this user.

logical fallacy
>X amount of insignificant time is greater than Y amount of lesser time (implying Y is the mean time spent), therefore X time is sufficient to draw a conclusion

What are your credentials?

You're welcome.
Btw, where I've said "warm" please read "hot" water. Apigenin is not affected by heat as of boiling water since it has a way higher boiling point (345-350 deg C). What I usually do is to add chamomile to boiling water, turn off the gas, cover the pot, and let it rest inside the microwave oven, in order to avoid losing much heat to environment while I let it infusing.

I find that grounding the chamomile before hand, helps extract more of it - think of coffee beans in relation to powder form.

Attached: carlos-scliar-flores-brancas-e-maca-tempera-sobre-cartao-7445.jpg (1000x1503, 239K)

>he's naming cases where my advice is retarded
>ON Jow Forums?! LMAO WHAT AN IDIOOOT RIGHT GUYS?
Your brain on dht lowering dietary practises

In developing children DHT nutritional steps are more serious, BUT in adults they still cause issues though.
Do you want me to draw it so you can understand a bit better?
DHT might cause issues but it's not all just cons, that's minimalist brainlet understanding of biochemistry.
Just like higher levels of IGF-1 have plenty of more benefits than just cons like increased rate of cancer cell growth.
Only brainlets shit on said peptides or sex steroids just because they increase the risk of some diseases.

> You've said it lowers DHT but does the amount of DHT lowered even matter? You just claim it does.
Yes, not just directly lowering it but also clogging androgen receptors and inhibiting DHT from binding into them, as shown by prostate cancer/isoflavone research.
Isoflavones literally impede androgenic activity.

>muh children
>muh assumptions
Sounds good

thanks for the info. Far too many haters on Jow Forums

Onions basedboys

i eat like 100g onions protein per day and ive done so for a few months, no problem. Lifts are going up etc.

dl 160kg
squat atg 100x5
bench 75
press 52.5x5

>mumbling words
>text on screen while you are talking at the same time
>can barely hear you

appreciate the effort, OP, but can someone just give me the tl;dr of this? this video is a clusterfuck

You have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the conversation then your shittily named reaction image. How about you swallow a whole gallon of bleach, fagit

from soi, not onions

Sure, so there was a meta analysis that concluded that onions had no significant effect on hormones, everyone took that as fact and the discussion kind of ended, I dug into it and it seems it does have an effect but due to several factors the meta analysis didn't find that.

The factors are, it didn't look at DHT the main androgen in the body outside of muscle cells.
It didn't control for equol producers who convert daidzen into equol a stronger estrogen.
Almost half the studies were on people with prostate cancer(17 out of 36)
and most of the studies were looking at lower intakes, ie like 1-2 serving, which wouldn't apply to people consuming huge amounts of it, which is what pj was referring to in his video.

So my argument is that the meta analysis isn't applicable to the discussion about soiyboyz.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SIDF

>logical fallacy
>>X amount of insignificant time is greater than Y amount of lesser time (implying Y is the mean time spent), therefore X time is sufficient to draw a conclusion
I'm not making the argument that my argument is more valid because I spent more time on it, or theirs isn't because they spent less.

>What are your credentials?
An interest in pharmacology and Asperger's?

Are you talking about grinding raw chamomile flowers or teabags?

Raw dried up chamomile (including leafs and flowers). Tea bags are too expensive, since the content per bag is very little.

Attached: Vallotton.jpg (1290x1687, 1.23M)

Thank you for your contribution user, please keep it up.

Don't listen to him, listen to his guests.

I drink a lot of onions.

Did want to say thank you for all of the kind words. I am working on another video, better directed this time I hope. Is there anything you would like to hear more about?

>lower body lifts disproportionate to upper body
>basedguzzler
hmm

Attached: 2JoRHGg.png (640x480, 8K)