If I can do 3 sets with 12 reps seated overhead press with 15kg dumbells, what would you estimate my ohp to be?

If I can do 3 sets with 12 reps seated overhead press with 15kg dumbells, what would you estimate my ohp to be?

Attached: 1526902630199.jpg (500x699, 381K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02W0832OQos
youtube.com/watch?v=wce8d8SDvP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

45kg

>That monster energy shop
Fucking hell

Attached: 1509180110421.gif (250x204, 1.96M)

Attached: Capture.png (688x287, 16K)

Around 40kg 1rm

Always add 20% to db exercises

No, seated DB ohp is easier

>seated db ohp is easier than The Press
Seriously nigger?

Attached: 1496707086144.jpg (345x336, 214K)

What app/site is that? I've been using the Symmetric Strength site to see where I am on my lifts.

Also, how to improve my OHP? Stalled at 102.5x5 and did a reset and am stuck at 105x5 now despite my other lifts improving. I can only do 4 reps on the second set and 3 on the third. I have to lift boxes over my head a lot for my job so it could be that I'm fatigued on that movement before I lift. Should I just toss a couple sets of incline bench in on OHP days and a couple sets of dumbbell press on bench days?

Attached: mkNmDUQ.jpg (540x960, 58K)

Yes. Seated Variation is easier. Zyzz seated DB pressed 50 kg dbs and his strict press was sub 90 kg

Not enough

On an incline bench (not the same as seated press), with assisted lift-off and without his upper arm going below parallel. I bet he could Push Press a lot more than 90kg (135kg assuming normal ratios).

Your ratios are off. Iirc He benched around 135 kg, which translates to a ~115 push press on a proportional lifter

>If he did a whole different, partial, assisted movement, I bet he could do more
Yeah I bet if he placed the bar on his traps and squatted he might do more

It's just a fairer comparison. He only pressed the dbs from about eye-height, which is closer to what you do in the Push Press than a Strict Press.
DBs are inherently harder to lift, this isn't open to discussion.

Attached: GILF.jpg (636x650, 145K)

alright just returned to my computer after lunch.
Let me clarify my argument:
your value of 20% is something that can be applied to some dumbbell exercises with identical movement patterns/setups, i.e. flat bench db to BB bench and incline db press to Incline bench. On the other hand, the seated db press cannot be compared to the standing barbell strict press. First off, the existence of a bench, even if it's perfectly straight, will provide an advantage where you can stabilize yourself against. Additionally, the dumbbell shoulder press as bodybuilder do them (elbows pointing out such that you press in the plane of your body, with ROM allowing as far as possible i.e. barely below 90 degrees) has less ROM than the strict press.
Imo, your 20% can only be applied if you compare the strict barbell press with the standing dumbbell press with shoulders rotated internally at the bottom such as AthleanX teaches them.
On a gym bro shoulder pressing 40 kg dumbbells with elbows flaring out and half ROM, I'd be surprised if he gets 1.5pl8 for even 1 rep

you still used weird ratios. I looked for zyzz benching and his max seems to be 130 kg while not touching his chest. A 130 kg bench translates to 112.5 kg push press going by strength standards, which is proportionate to a strict press around 85 kg.

Unless it's behind the neck, I don't even consider pressing with a back rest ohping. To me that's incline benching.

Agreed. My point is that when people say they can "dumbbell shoulder press", they usually mean bodybuilder-tier semi-incline presses with flared out elbows, which by the way destroys your shoulders in the long run. it is therefore safe to assume that OP with his 15 kg/side could barely move 30 kg for a few reps and thus end up around 40 kg for 1RM

youtube.com/watch?v=02W0832OQos
around 4 minutes in. I was referring to such a form (without leg drive). In that case, I'd agree with the 20% stabilization bonus as the movement is the same.

Wrists my max bench if I can 5x5 80kg?

What's*

About a hunnid

My 1rm is 80kg for OHP and I can only do 15kg for the same reps as you on standing dumbbell press.

you're push pressing. I'd even say jerking desu

No it’s strict OHP

in your dreams. My m8 can do more than you on standing db press with strict and controlled form and his 1rm is 57.5 kg on ohp. I can do your claimed ohp max and use 28 kg dbs for 12 controlled and slow reps

No u cant

I believe him. 15 kg db press is really weak. My BB press is 60kg 1rm and I use the 22.5kg dumbbells for 3x10 seated press. I don't think standing would make a huge difference.

I can. you're either not pushing at all on the 15 kg dumbbells (after a pyramid set?) or your 80 kg isn't strict at all. Meaning that you could maybe OHP 1pl8 for a 1RM, which makes more sense.
Next time think about proportions before you start e-statting, 15 kg dumbbells beginner tier and a 1.5pl8 is intermediate. I think you probably haven't done barbell OHP at all yet and blatantly try to overestimate your strength

You’re supposed to be weak on db press because it’s an assistance exercise done after a main lift to get a pump. You’re either doing it for a primary lift or you’re lying.

if it's not for primary set you can't compare it at all. I'm the guy that called you out first hand, if I really want to dropset until failure I can probably get down to below 10 kg with a brutal enough rep scheme.
Seems like it was just a matter of you having a low IQ then, carry on.

Nope. If I do db press,which is actually rare, it would generally be my third exercise. I rarely even do it and I'm sure I could do more in a few weeks of I made it a priority. I actually think 22.5kg is weak desu. 15kg literally is beginner tier.

No one uses db’s for a primary set, especially not on ohp, unless they are doing some sort of retarded brosplit

like 80% of the normie lifting population? It's fucking stupid to compare a set in an exhausted state with a 1RM. For all you know someone pressing 2pl8 can exhaust himself with so many reps and not enough rest until he can't press the bar anymore

>retarded brosplit

Do you even know where you are faggot? Lmao'ing @ ur lyfe, it's almost like you do full body

you’re doing 22.5 db press for 10 reps on a 3rd push exercise and can only do 60kg 1rm? lmao. Now I know you’re lying.

whats push pressing?

>everyone is doing the same program as me

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

addendum: even if you're somewhat exhausted, 15 kg dumbbells are still ridiculously low compared to your claimed ohp. Maybe after 10 pyramid sets, otherwise you're e-statting like the manlet you are

You can compare it, because as I said no one does db press fresh unless they’re flat out retarded or on steroids. Full body/upper lower has been shown superior to brosplits in every single study. I’m sorry I just assumed you weren’t a dumbass normie.

I don't know what my exact strict ohp is right now. Last time I check about 3 months ago I got 60kg up for 1 strict rep. I don't think it's even changed at all. I don't prioritize ohp so maybe if I put more effort into it I could do a bit more. Im focusing on bringing my bench up which is at 92.5kg X 5 right now. I'm not bullshitting you. I'm not trying to sound condescending right now, but have you actually tried lifting more weight? I'm sure you could if you actually tried. Sometimes people get so caught up in getting stronger in the compound lifts and forget to actually increase the accessories as well. Happened to me with curls. Try heavier dumbbells next time.

>Zyzz seated DB pressed 50 kg dbs
citation needed

Sounds fishy. Probably did it with typical zyzz bro form and a spotter helping him push the weight up.

Using leg drive to cheat the first half of the exercise. If you additionaly squat down to cheat the other half that's a Jerk.

He DudeBro pressed it
youtube.com/watch?v=wce8d8SDvP8

The press has you start the movement with hands by your shoulders and elbows maximally bent in front of you. DB press has a minuscule range of motion by comparison, with your elbows at 90° and hands already above your head. Of course it’s easier.

>he doesn't touch his shoulders with the dbs every rep
zero-zero-zero...

Attached: 1517208837715.jpg (262x365, 74K)

0kg

>he doesn’t begin with a suppanated grip with forearms touching the chest
ZERO