Heavy compounds don't build aesthetics, genetics do...

Heavy compounds don't build aesthetics, genetics do. If you want to do heavy compounds because it makes you feel better about yourself go ahead but strop trying to convince everyone it's the way to go.

Attached: 1526651669445.jpg (636x960, 71K)

>he trains for aesthetics

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Blaha’s body is like my first real step of progress leaving fatass dyel Mode

Who would be satisfied at this for years ?

>he trains for peak strength in spite of not being a competitive lifter

Attached: 1504506121711.jpg (358x361, 25K)

I have a > 1000 lb total at 190, and I look pretty good. Strength and power people tend to stay at a high bf % and typically don't give a fuck about how they move. You can train to be strong and look good, but it requires more effort which could instead be spent improving the only 3 lifts you care about.

Just add conditioning to your training you lardass

>Strength and power people tend to stay at a high bf % and typically don't give a fuck about how they move
This is an excuse. I've seen tons of strength and power people who don't look like shit. It's genetic.
>You can train to be strong and look good, but it requires more effort which could instead be spent improving the only 3 lifts you care about
Why do you only care about those 3 lifts if you are training for aesthetics?

Hmmm, I'm saying that you can focus your training towards strength, and look good, but the people that go that route tend to care less. If you're using the physiques of strong people as a metric for the effects that strength has on the body then you're not seeing the whole picture. If you're using your lack of aesthetics, despite lifting heavy, as a evidence for it ineffectiveness then you're misguided and clearly doing it wrong.

>Hmmm, I'm saying that you can focus your training towards strength, and look good, but the people that go that route tend to care less
Powerlifters maybe but most people on the internet lifting heavy aren't powerlifters.
>you're using the physiques of strong people as a metric for the effects that strength has on the body then you're not seeing the whole picture.
Most people who will look aesthetic with low body fat will look bearmode with higher body fat. Both are aesthetic physiques.
>If you're using your lack of aesthetics, despite lifting heavy, as a evidence for it ineffectiveness then you're misguided and clearly doing it wrong
No I already said what I meant in my OP and you're trying to reword it to shift the argument. Quote me or don't reply.

Blaha isn't that strong and is incredibly fat.
I mean he probably has shit genes too, but he'd probably look decent if he cut down to 10-12% bf.

And as a counterpoint, look at Candito. He is actually strong, lean, and has an amazing physique even in shit lighting.

Attached: candito2.jpg (602x353, 69K)

He has looked like that almost his whole life and no he wouldn't
he's a manlet. small muscle bellies are easy to fill. and that's a cherry picked photo. it also doesn't dispute anything i posted.

Attached: 1522933757642.jpg (539x447, 25K)

compounds give you a nice thick look. If you don't want that, not my problem

I train so I can beat your ass buddy

Who gives a shit? you can’t change your genetics faggot so why even argue about it?

Also, Blaha trains like shit. He goes to the gym for like 15 fucking minutes and reps like 3x3. This nigga needs to do other exercises and more volume.

> He is actually strong, lean, and has an amazing physique even in shit lighting.

Not anymore he doesn't, legit doesn't look like he lifts with clothes on, and he is chubby now too.

Attached: hyjy8.jpg (374x467, 38K)

I’ve never seen someone who’s great at calisthenics look bad. No matter what their genetics are. And this is like 100s of people with vastly varying insertions, ability to build bulk, etc. Just saying.

You should go to a boxing gym then.

what the fuck happened here??? how did he get so much stronger and turn into total shit looking??

They don't give you any look that training any other way doesn't except maybe some hernias and other unwanted physical ailments from unnecessary physical exertion.
He does a common heavy compound routine.
Cool I'll clean my gun and it ain't gonna happen unless you're a trained fighter.
Define "great". Elite calisthenics people like gymnasts do tend to look good because they're short and short muscle bellies are easy to fill.

Reminder that if you search Gymcel on google images there are plenty of Alpha destiny photos but none of Blaha

Attached: LNkIXWV.jpg (740x734, 68K)

Blaha pls go

Kek.

Of course shit like 3x3 won't build muscle, but getting stronger in hypertrophy rep ranges with increasing volume over time and enough recovery will make anyone bigger besides the exceptionally genetically unlucky. Genetics of course play a massive role but cmon you're trying to seriously deny that compounds don't get you big?

DYEL?

>Of course shit like 3x3 won't build muscle
Yes it does.
>but cmon you're trying to seriously deny that compounds don't get you big
Are you so retarded as to think compounds only build muscle optimally when lifted heavy?

that's a small pecker

Big barbell exercises are superb for building mass/strength/athleticism. Not going to get more alpha than those three.

Also Blaha looks like shit BECAUSE HE IS 23 FUCKING PERCENT BODY FAT.

NO ONE LOOKS GOOD AT 23% BODY FAT.

>Are you so retarded as to think compounds only build muscle optimally when lifted heavy
I didn't make this claim. Depends on many factors. An example of the reverse is upright rows and similar compounds that aren't going to do shit at low reps. But quads and glutes aren't going to grow from a whole lot more than heavy compounds.

even Rippetoe would assign more volume

>Also Blaha looks like shit BECAUSE HE IS 23 FUCKING PERCENT BODY FAT.
Blaha looked like shit at low bf% see Okay but I never claimed compounds were bad. This is what happens when you reword my argument to make it easier to make your claim. Quote me or don't reply fucktard.
>But quads and glutes aren't going to grow from a whole lot more than heavy compounds
No, they will grow just fine from not heavy compounds and isolations.

You need to go to the gym to be a gymcel.

What point are you trying to make? Are you saying that people would look better if they only did isolation exercises? There isnt a difference between the muscle you build with compound lifts or isolation exercises and you wont get fat buy doing barbell exercises either. Compound movements arent the only way to build muscle thats true, but they sure are an effective way to gain mass. And if you chase aesthetics then you need some muscle mass and low body fat.

Sumo deadlifts